Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
then i dont know what you've seen but the 2's are the one to beat i suppose the next few weeks will decide that same as the 1's we got as good a chance as any, anyone in the top 5 can win it most even ive seen it in a while

like playing parkside so hopefully i will get a kick but we shall see

the big ground wont suit you blokes.......

parkside by 6 goals easy.......

haha, yeah it will suit Parkside's older bigger bodies like Krugger, Juegan, Sir, Patty, mo and the likes much better.

Cobra's might as well not even turn up !

they know how to turn up the heat to WIN a final....and the players that were rested last week in a tough encounter wont know how to handle the pressure...poor old cobra's.....:p

That would mean DP are premiership favs with north footscray and albanvale right behind them.....

Parkside as biggest driftest... another wasted year and wasted coin in trying to get back to divvy 1....

But agree with weapons... albanvale out in straight sets..... cant see them beating parkside or deerpark the following week.....

surely cobra's are favourites......

Personally, I can't wait for the Cobras V Magpies game this weekend. Who will the wet weather suit?

Two contrasting styles on a big ground.....run of the Cobras V the experienced, bigger bodies of Parkside. I think the Cobras have to get their running game into gear and take the game on. My main query is do they have the strength in defence to counter Parkside's forwards? Not convinced they have a match up for Paddy, Mo or Jeugan (if forward)? Siranni's bros have struggled on Paddy and Mo in the past, but that is not surprising I guess as most defenders in div2 have. Borg did a good job on Mo earlier in the year and he will probably get first crack. I would bring Bassi in for Paddy. Always thought Williams was a goer and I reckon he can match it with Thompson.

That said, I think they are stronger in midfield and can gain enough possession to just get over the line. Maybe get Wingy to play on Krueger, which will allow Atik and Barry to concentrate more on their own games.

Tyrell and Muratore are class players for Parkside and need to be watched on the wings. Allen has to take one of them on and go for the throat.

Had a look at the Parkside list and old Ali Taleb (36) appears to have only played 5 games for the year.

Personally, I can't wait for the Cobras V Magpies game this weekend. Who will the wet weather suit?

Two contrasting styles on a big ground.....run of the Cobras V the experienced, bigger bodies of Parkside. I think the Cobras have to get their running game into gear and take the game on. My main query is do they have the strength in defence to counter Parkside's forwards? Not convinced they have a match up for Paddy, Mo or Jeugan (if forward)? Siranni's bros have struggled on Paddy and Mo in the past, but that is not surprising I guess as most defenders in div2 have. Borg did a good job on Mo earlier in the year and he will probably get first crack. I would bring Bassi in for Paddy. Always thought Williams was a goer and I reckon he can match it with Thompson.

That said, I think they are stronger in midfield and can gain enough possession to just get over the line. Maybe get Wingy to play on Krueger, which will allow Atik and Barry to concentrate more on their own games.

Tyrell and Muratore are class players for Parkside and need to be watched on the wings. Allen has to take one of them on and go for the throat.

Had a look at the Parkside list and old Ali Taleb (36) appears to have only played 5 games for the year.

That might explain the mail i got last week that his retiring after the North Sunshine game, I thought it was just BS and a bit strange with finals coming up but considering he hasn't qualified i'd say the mail was correct.

Nice summary RD, might be some surprises this week. :thumbsu:

FINALS TIME EVERYONE HERE WE GO!!!

Seniors

Deer Park going in with a lot of momentum and I think will get the chocolates over Yarra.

Really hard one to call between Parkside and Albanvale, Parkside comming in with momentum after smashing North Sunny and divvy 2 power house Albanvale wanting to lift after a disappointing loss at the hands of Deer Park on Saturday. Really hard but ill have to go Albanvale.

Reserves

Yarra to fit over Parkside... maybe :confused:

Laverton really strong run home and am confident WE can get the job done on Sunday against North Footscray! :cool:

FINALS TIME EVERYONE HERE WE GO!!!

Seniors

Deer Park going in with a lot of momentum and I think will get the chocolates over Yarra.

Really hard one to call between Parkside and Albanvale, Parkside comming in with momentum after smashing North Sunny and divvy 2 power house Albanvale wanting to lift after a disappointing loss at the hands of Deer Park on Saturday. Really hard but ill have to go Albanvale.

Reserves

Yarra to fit over Parkside... maybe :confused:

Laverton really strong run home and am confident WE can get the job done on Sunday against North Footscray! :cool:

lol...don't you see the irony? if the Devils had their best players in the magoos then they also would have had a strong run home!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what senior players did lavo have when they beat nth footscray reserves in round 10??? Wellsy who was playing his first game of the year???? what senior players did they have against coburg??? If lavo had money to bring in players like the devils we too would be playing senior finals.......

Nothing against Lavo, I just don't agree with it. None of my business but I do think it is an interesting topic to discuss.

Bottom line is that I feel you should plow all your resources into your senior team in trying to win as many games as possible.

My thoughts are it is the final H&A game (at home) so you have a fair crack and really put pressure on YS. YS lost their final H&A game last year to the Falcons to miss the finals, they have CD breathing down their neck, they lost to North Footscray the previous week, no Cain up forward etc.

I don't agree with blokes being 'dropped' to qualify for reseves finals, but what is even worse in playing blokes who are not even fringe players.

Some of your decent players were in the magoos; Driver, Paone, Cott, Wells and probably a few more and a couple of them didn't even back up for the seniors (Paone who has been your best player and Wells). Even if you do back up how can you be at your best? Compromising the values of the club in my view and what about the supporters who turn up to watch every week?

Nothing against Lavo, I just don't agree with it. None of my business but I do think it is an interesting topic to discuss.

Bottom line is that I feel you should plow all your resources into your senior team in trying to win as many games as possible.

My thoughts are it is the final H&A game (at home) so you have a fair crack and really put pressure on YS. YS lost their final H&A game last year to the Falcons to miss the finals, they have CD breathing down their neck, they lost to North Footscray the previous week, no Cain up forward etc.

I don't agree with blokes being 'dropped' to qualify for reseves finals, but what is even worse in playing blokes who are not even fringe players.

Some of your decent players were in the magoos; Driver, Paone, Cott, Wells and probably a few more and a couple of them didn't even back up for the seniors (Paone who has been your best player and Wells). Even if you do back up how can you be at your best? Compromising the values of the club in my view and what about the supporters who turn up to watch every week?

Noted mate but I still feel confident. ;)

Who was rested last week o great one ?

just was told from people around the ground blokes were rested......i know your ass coach didnt play.....why was that??? sherif and barry didnt play.....

bassi......dunno if he has been in the ones???

maschewski.....

allen injured shoulder

rd1 wingy would have to play forward for them to win too many spuds on their f/ward line.....he played a great game last week but has the tendancy to go head hunting in big games.....which is a big downfall for a good player!!!!!

hopefully everybody will wear their ''commited 2010'' singlets on thursday night!!!!

Can anyone tell me much about Cain mansbridge how does he go I herd he goes alright and wat kind if bloke he is

Depends on what you are asking for. Being a public forum I think you will get some interesting replies.
Or you could just scroll back through the archives of big Footy and read for yourself.

If anything he is entertaining.

So...
Gary Turner leaves Parkside for Us, then us for Parkside and doesnt even see the year out before signing at Caroline Springs..

Where to next Smackers, and will you last pre-season?

just was told from people around the ground blokes were rested......i know your ass coach didnt play.....why was that??? sherif and barry didnt play.....

bassi......dunno if he has been in the ones???

maschewski.....

allen injured shoulder

rd1 wingy would have to play forward for them to win too many spuds on their f/ward line.....he played a great game last week but has the tendancy to go head hunting in big games.....which is a big downfall for a good player!!!!!

hopefully everybody will wear their ''commited 2010'' singlets on thursday night!!!!

Yeah alot of "spuds" in the forward line. Sherif 65 goals, Atik and Borg about 40 and then another 3 or 4 on about 30. Azzapardi ect.

Dont think any guys were rested, sherif didnt play. Bassi is in the reserves and i think you will find it was Barry who came off with a shoulder not Allen.

Glad you have visited our website too in regards to the singlets ! You seem to take more interest in us than your own club !:)

Yeah alot of "spuds" in the forward line. Sherif 65 goals, Atik and Borg about 40 and then another 3 or 4 on about 30. Azzapardi ect.

Dont think any guys were rested, sherif didnt play. Bassi is in the reserves and i think you will find it was Barry who came off with a shoulder not Allen.

Glad you have visited our website too in regards to the singlets ! You seem to take more interest in us than your own club !:)

borg didnt play either........bassi didnt play ressies........

atik hardly plays in the f/ward line.....borg the young and exciting 1 just the type to go missing ala last year.....

pressure is on the cobra's.......no other clubs on here are having a say its all from cobraland......maybe instead of bringing your singlets you could put on the website no more bigfooty!!!!!

good luck though its going to be an interesting finals series......

my own club??? or the club i support......??? 9 wins on the trott says a loss is just around the corner but hopefully the club can lift and show some teams up again.......u/18's in the finals and should give the b's comp a shake so thats real exciting for the boys who i have coached through the ranks.....good luck to them they deserve it!!!

I can't comment on Lavo and or coburg playing senior guys in the 2's to qualify as they are not my club and therefor the know more than me. I don't agree with it and us at the vales could have very easily done the same thing this year as our twos could have posibly made finals as our ones new 3 or 4 weeks out that we could not play finals...
As a club we wanted to finish the year off strong in all grades and effect another result that could shape finals like we did last year against yarra. We beat coburg and it finished our year off perfectly as now our guys are ready to take the next step over pre season to becoming a top side next year.
I think if u want to be successfully then u accept nothing less than the best of ur players and club and guys that are capable of playing senior footy... Play senior footy.
I think the year has been great for div2 as a whole very competitive on the most part and should be a great finals series to watch. My tip is still Albanvale to win it but deer park are lookin ominous.

If clubs vote on approval for div3 next year I can tell u that there will be 8 teams in div3 with 3 new teams to enter the comp along with a surprising 4 th addition. Anyone interested in knowing feel free to pm me.... Gbf50 I know u would be.
Vales team of year boys I reckon will be... Lubke, reschke, Bunworth and Dennerley.
Awesome mad Monday for the vales boys with me adding prob another 10kg to my petite frame on Monday alone haha... Look forward to seein the finals series and u boys worrying bout what the vales and evo can dish up for next year haha.... Have a good one boys....

Interesting,

I’ve made some phone calls and it seems yes they “Laverton” did drop a few blokes back into the reserves for Saturdays game because it came down to the last round and if Laverton had lost and Coburg won then they wouldn’t make it. They had a feeling that Coburg would drop senior players so the Leadership group decided to give the reserves a chance.

They have played very well since round 10 when they beat Nth Footscray and for the last 4 to 5 games they have struggled for numbers in the reserves that’s the only reason some blokes have played 2 games a few times, not so they could make finals. Finals only became a chance with about 3 games to go.

From what I see on the WRFL website the only Senior players who can play Reserves are Wells and Lindsey the others who played on the weekend can not.

From my phone calls the biggest thing about Laverton is that they did not pay players this year, so when work calls on a weekend the players have to pick work over footy. The interesting thing is they are confident of being able to recruit players by offering incentives. This year they apparently at the start of the season put up about $600.00 per win to be give out to the best players “only won 2 games” but still a step forward.

Winners this weekend:
Seniors:
Albanvale & Deer Park

Reserves:
Yarra & Laverton

Finals Games:

Albanvale v Parkside:
Will be great to see i think the wet weather will slightly help albanvale both teams are big bodied and neither has a great deal of outside players Muratore is important for parkside he can get going he can really lift his side they might get over the line. For albanvale atik will be the key as cavanagh will get krueger, they must stay diciplined they are erratic when the game is on the line last week against deer park showed
that.

Albanvale will fire up after losing to deer park and win by 2 goals

Deer Park v Yarraville
Hope yarra get up would be a good story after missing out last year they worry Deer Park a little match up well. Deer park have a slight advantage in the midfield and forward line however yarra are a more sound defensive unit and weather will suit them more i would think. Some quality on both sides will be great to see summers against baker and willis, Baker is a gun and will run a muk.

Hard to tip against Deer Park 9 in a row but i think if baker and willis get free which i think they will, yarra by 3 points

borg didnt play either........bassi didnt play ressies........

atik hardly plays in the f/ward line.....borg the young and exciting 1 just the type to go missing ala last year.....

pressure is on the cobra's.......no other clubs on here are having a say its all from cobraland......maybe instead of bringing your singlets you could put on the website no more bigfooty!!!!!

good luck though its going to be an interesting finals series......

my own club??? or the club i support......??? 9 wins on the trott says a loss is just around the corner but hopefully the club can lift and show some teams up again.......u/18's in the finals and should give the b's comp a shake so thats real exciting for the boys who i have coached through the ranks.....good luck to them they deserve it!!!
In regards to your U18,s that you have so called coached they werent much chop until the CS guys went down. What did you guys tell the real DP u18s who miss on game time. Yeah they deserve it or do they, go celebrate with a hotdog.

In regards to your U18,s that you have so called coached they werent much chop until the CS guys went down. What did you guys tell the real DP u18s who miss on game time. Yeah they deserve it or do they, go celebrate with a hotdog.

some of the cs guys i have coached as well probably 95% of that team i have coached through the ranks.....i dont see your point......the coach has done a fantastic job in giving everybody even gametime i havnt seen this but talking to the boys this is the case......even some of those cs boys have represented the club in the snrs......its finals time and the best side play's....simple

with or without the cs boys they would have made finals......fact;)

you seem to be a bit bitter about them leaving the springs......fact!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back