Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Quinny would be our obvious nomination for Rookie... Started well and I think had the most disposals for the club up to Round 12 (not the disposals can count for a great deal, but still, for a first year player he does find the footy well). Agree with Travvy, has tapered off but still contributes. Perhaps this taper has something to do with his love of beer....?? Dunno... your thoughts Good site this? you seem to know a lot about the people down at sunshine and have quinny pretty highly in one of your earlier posts...

Miles from Hoppers was impressive first time round when we played them. Cant think off the top of my head if Colts had a rookie play against us, Im sure they would have some Rookies going around but the names escape me. Id reckon Magnabosco from Altona is a monty for it.. Had a pretty decent year by all reports.

kangaroos06 said:
Quinny would be our obvious nomination for Rookie... Started well and I think had the most disposals for the club up to Round 12 (not the disposals can count for a great deal, but still, for a first year player he does find the footy well). Agree with Travvy, has tapered off but still contributes. Perhaps this taper has something to do with his love of beer....?? Dunno... your thoughts Good site this? you seem to know a lot about the people down at sunshine and have quinny pretty highly in one of your earlier posts...

Miles from Hoppers was impressive first time round when we played them. Cant think off the top of my head if Colts had a rookie play against us, Im sure they would have some Rookies going around but the names escape me. Id reckon Magnabosco from Altona is a monty for it.. Had a pretty decent year by all reports.

Yea thats a fair assessment there Kangaroos06 beer may have been the problem in the second half but i believe the slight tapering of form was to do with the new roles given in the team and the injuries played through. Magnabosco is a huge chance and i think miles may have played too many games last year. Should be quite interesting throughout the next few years as there are some good juniors that may be on show in 07.

Also Kangaroos06 i believe that reason beer may have been a priority is due to the fact that this guy likes to give his money back to the club and spend some time with his mates off the field. I suppose you wouldn't no that seeing that there is a little whisper going around that you are anti-social. Not sure if this is true but just a whisper!:D

good site this said:
Also Kangaroos06 i believe that reason beer may have been a priority is due to the fact that this guy likes to give his money back to the club and spend some time with his mates off the field. I suppose you wouldn't no that seeing that there is a little whisper going around that you are anti-social. Not sure if this is true but just a whisper!:D
IT'S FAIR TO SAY YOUR QUINNY THEN

I must say for a young fellow that's still u/18 you do find the pill alot and can read the play well,you love that left foot as all left footers do,just think you need to improve on fitness and a bit of leg speed and im sur you will be a dominant player in this comp over the next 10yrs
GOOD LUCK with the rookie of the year award it will be out of you and mangnabosco but im tipping you standing out in a top side,also cant believe im 14yrs older than you,enjoy your footy because time does fly..

ROCK07 said:
IT'S FAIR TO SAY YOUR QUINNY THEN

I must say for a young fellow that's still u/18 you do find the pill alot and can read the play well,you love that left foot as all left footers do,just think you need to improve on fitness and a bit of leg speed and im sur you will be a dominant player in this comp over the next 10yrs
GOOD LUCK with the rookie of the year award it will be out of you and mangnabosco but im tipping you standing out in a top side,also cant believe im 14yrs older than you,enjoy your footy because time does fly..

Cheers rock, yea i do have a **** load to work on, and probably playin seniors this year made me realise how much i need to improve on seeing at various stages ive had to play on the best midfielders in the league like massis, carson, kelly etc. Its all a great experience playing senior footy when you experience highs like us beating you first time around and the lows like last week.

good site this said:
Cheers rock, yea i do have a **** load to work on, and probably playin seniors this year made me realise how much i need to improve on seeing at various stages ive had to play on the best midfielders in the league like massis, carson, kelly etc. Its all a great experience playing senior footy when you experience highs like us beating you first time around and the lows like last week.

Good on you young fella, I will just say, if you can box like your old man, youre going pretty well.

Say G'day to your old man for me.

cold pies said:
if the bloke wasn't an out and out star when you played with him, and your still playing, how do you know how good he is now....

it seems you recieve your info on players through other peoples eyes also, unless after you've finished your duties in the magoos you don't hang around to support your senior team mates and go watch other fixtures
Well even tho i wasn't talking to u buddy boy FYI yes i have seen him play a coupla times since and he has stood out, and considering he was only 22 when i played with him it was obvious to me his best footy was ahead of him and i never said he wasn't a very good player back then all i said was he wasn't an out and out star, 2 different things champ. But i spose u can bag blokes who don't play for your mob now can't u, its either Colts or nothing to u.

buddha said:
gives us a run down on him then d-mac,i.e:b&f's,comp medals,rep sides if he is as good as you say he is he should have a pretty good resume.
I know he won a couple B&F's at Tulla and i know he won it at Keilor Park last year and that was with ONE Joe Misiti playing in the same side and i know for a fact he only played the last half of the year this year with em and will probably go close to winning it again, as for the rest of your questions i'm not to sure about all of his past but it don't take me to know that to know he is a very good footballer, and in finishing i know he would get a game quite easily in the colts midfield nuff said. Ciao Buddy Boy

good site this said:

Hey Quinny are you eligible for Under 18's next year?

d-mac3276 said:
Well even tho i wasn't talking to u buddy boy FYI yes i have seen him play a coupla times since and he has stood out, and considering he was only 22 when i played with him it was obvious to me his best footy was ahead of him and i never said he wasn't a very good player back then all i said was he wasn't an out and out star, 2 different things champ. But i spose u can bag blokes who don't play for your mob now can't u, its either Colts or nothing to u.

if you read my post i asked how do you know how good he is if you don't see him play, simple question, if you do watch him that is poor form not hanging around to support the seniors

i know you weren't talking to me directly but this a public forum and if i want post something i will

i never said that you said he was no good, i said he wasn't a star

thanks for calling me champ, but we know your the real champ, playing division 2 reserves in a stuggling team

colts or nothing you reckon, only really 3 clubs on this site and hoppers have been quiet, your old mob haven't had anything to talk about, unlike you most people are enjoying the silly season instead of hanging on to something that has nothing to do with them

Sunline's tip's for for week two of the finals.

Hoppers V Colts (Hoppers by 4 points)

This game will live up to all expectations, will be rite down to the line. All matchup's around the ground, makes for a very exciting day. A very big carrot dangling at the end of the line, a spot in the BIG one.

Sunshine V Parkside (Sunshine by 27 points)

Sunshine will bounce back, They didn't get to where they are by chance.

d-mac3276 said:
I know he won a couple B&F's at Tulla and i know he won it at Keilor Park last year and that was with ONE Joe Misiti playing in the same side and i know for a fact he only played the last half of the year this year with em and will probably go close to winning it again, as for the rest of your questions i'm not to sure about all of his past but it don't take me to know that to know he is a very good footballer, and in finishing i know he would get a game quite easily in the colts midfield nuff said. Ciao Buddy Boy

Buddy Boy - you're sick D-Mac.
D-Spack - the local footy expert. Where are you from - do you watch a lot of local footy?
A mate of mine has played with Shan at St. Bernard's and said he's a little bit of a footy sl*t. Played juniors at Strathmore, then Seniors at Lalor, St. Bernard's, Tulla, Keilor Park, tried to go to Melton Sth last year after a few attempts back to Keilor Park and now it looks like Albion.
Apparently a good bloke and can play - have seen him a couple of years back and think he won the Norm Smith with Tulla in a Grand Final, by all reports has improved out of sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to the Colts from the Turk in the U.K. Been following through this site & Ben, looks like I'll miss out on premierships for 2 years running.;)

Very quite today boys, nerves must be kicking in.

Looking forward to watching the big clash between Hoppers vs Colts tomorrow. Should be a almighty tussle with Colts to get up by 15 points and Clarke and Caddy to get 10 between them and prove to much for the Hoppers boys.

The reserves will also be a great match with Hoppers vs Sunshine. Hoppers have beaten us comfortably both times we come up against them but with a couple of players back into the side this will prove to be a great contest.
Sunshine by 8 points

Sunday will see a different side run out onto the ground for the kangaroos after last weeks performance with a lot to prove to ourselves. After a good solid week on the track we are pretty confident we can bounce back. Kangaroos also by 15 points.

The reserves between Colts and Spotty will be a tough game for the Colts and I think will probably get knocked out off the race in the finals. Spotty have a few players dropping back and will have a bit more depth to play with.
Spotswood by 19 points

Good luck to everybody playing finals on the weekend!

My tips for this weekend:

Reserves: Sunshine to defeat Hoppers by 11 points.
Spotswood to beat Colts by 14 points.

Seniors: Colts to beat Hoppers by 24 points.
Sunshine to be Parkside by 27 points.

good site this said:
My tips for this weekend:

Reserves: Sunshine to defeat Hoppers by 11 points.
Spotswood to beat Colts by 14 points.

Seniors: Colts to beat Hoppers by 24 points.
Sunshine to be Parkside by 27 points.

I must say it has been a quiet day on bigfooty the nerves must have really kicked in,just been at a luncheon myself at port melb fc with tony shaw as guest speaker,fantastic day and an absolute ledgend and give me some good advice.
Now unfurtunately for a couple of our boys they suffered some injury and will not play tommorow,one last week and another last nite on the track,dissapointment for them joy for the other two and im sure our two inclusions will do well,but instead of wining by 10 goals tommorow we might only win by 8goals,we love that whitten oval.
MY TIPS
COLTS v's hoppers,seriously i think we will have to much run and if we can play close to last weeks form we will be very hard to beat.

PARKSv's sunshine i think last week proved that the kangas are a year away from being a finals threat and think parkside's experience will be a factor and get them up by 27pts

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND MAY YOU STAY INJURY FREE.

GO COLTS!!!!!!

ROCK07 said:
I must say it has been a quiet day on bigfooty the nerves must have really kicked in,just been at a luncheon myself at port melb fc with tony shaw as guest speaker,fantastic day and an absolute ledgend and give me some good advice.
Now unfurtunately for a couple of our boys they suffered some injury and will not play tommorow,one last week and another last nite on the track,dissapointment for them joy for the other two and im sure our two inclusions will do well,but instead of wining by 10 goals tommorow we might only win by 8goals,we love that whitten oval.
MY TIPS
COLTS v's hoppers,seriously i think we will have to much run and if we can play close to last weeks form we will be very hard to beat.

PARKSv's sunshine i think last week proved that the kangas are a year away from being a finals threat and think parkside's experience will be a factor and get them up by 27pts

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND MAY YOU STAY INJURY FREE.

GO COLTS!!!!!!

All the best to the colts tomorrow. I think with a side thats very close to full strength, clarke in form after not playing hoppers last time they met, will make all the difference out on the whitten oval. Having clarke in the side gives port the luxury of using caddy in his more damaging role as a floating forward/midfielder.

Colts by 10 goals.

alrite im gonna b honest here, im hoppers through and through but to here that our future of the club was goin out nightclubbing with his wog mates on thursday night at "EVE" nightclub, i dont want to drop any names but "KOUTZAMANIS" u should know better mate especially playin the colts our arch rivals this week, im gonna have a word to sunline to have a word to you cos this is not on!!! but with rock 07 informing us that 2 players are out, who r they mate? any names? in that case we r favourites tomorrow!!! GO HOPPERS!!! my tip hoppers by 30 points!!! big carso mate i didnt mention that u were with koutza on thursday cos u r to much of a big name to name so knowone knows that u were out clubbin with koutzamanis alright mate!!!

Mad Hoppers Fan said:
alrite im gonna b honest here, im hoppers through and through but to here that our future of the club was goin out nightclubbing with his wog mates on thursday night at "EVE" nightclub, i dont want to drop any names but "KOUTZAMANIS" u should know better mate especially playin the colts our arch rivals this week, im gonna have a word to sunline to have a word to you cos this is not on!!! but with rock 07 informing us that 2 players are out, who r they mate? any names? in that case we r favourites tomorrow!!! GO HOPPERS!!! my tip hoppers by 30 points!!! big carso mate i didnt mention that u were with koutza on thursday cos u r to much of a big name to name so knowone knows that u were out clubbin with koutzamanis alright mate!!![/quote
LAGGER= RAT

Mad Hoppers Fan said:
alrite im gonna b honest here, im hoppers through and through but to here that our future of the club was goin out nightclubbing with his wog mates on thursday night at "EVE" nightclub, i dont want to drop any names but "KOUTZAMANIS" u should know better mate especially playin the colts our arch rivals this week, im gonna have a word to sunline to have a word to you cos this is not on!!! but with rock 07 informing us that 2 players are out, who r they mate? any names? in that case we r favourites tomorrow!!! GO HOPPERS!!! my tip hoppers by 30 points!!! big carso mate i didnt mention that u were with koutza on thursday cos u r to much of a big name to name so knowone knows that u were out clubbin with koutzamanis alright mate!!!
Hoppers through and through and laggin on your own players doesnt suprise me- because your from hoppers! While your laggin blokes why dont ya lag in who koutzamanis hairdresser is, he should be shot for what he has done.

Mad Hoppers Fan said:

Sounds false to me, goodluck to your teams this weekend.:thumbsu:

WELL WELL WELL, THE SITE APPEARS TO HAVE LOST A WEEKS WORTH OF POSTS. THIS I BELIEVE IS A GOOD THING. I AM A SUNSHINE SUPPORTER AND WE WERE CLEARLY OUTGUNNED BY THE BETTER TEAM TODAY. I THINK WE WERE THE 3RD BEST TEAM IN THE COMP THIS YEAR AND RESULTS HAVE PROVEN THAT. I ALSO BELIEVE WE ARE THE BEST CLUB IN THE COMP AND THAT IS BEYOND DISPUTE. I HAVE IN THE LAST 9 WEEKS BECOME AN ADDICT OF THIS SITE AND ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY. HOWEVER , NOW THAT OUR SEASON IS OVER, IT WILL BE A PLEASURE NOT TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH POSTS FROM THE SELF PROCLAIMED ORNAMENT TO THE GAME IN ROCK AND ALL THE POSTS FROM HIS SYCOPHANTIC FAN CLUB i.e HIS PLAYERS AND SUPPORTERS! A FERAL LOT THEY ARE AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME WATCH FOR THE ABUSIVE REPLIES TO THIS POST! IF HE WAS UNAVAILABLE THIS WEEK I STILL THINK THEY WOULD HAVE BEATEN US BUT THE FACT THAT HE GOT OFF THIS WEEK AFTER BEING REPORTED BY 3 UMPIRES AND WAS FOUND GUILTY IS AN INDICTMENT ON THE LEAGUE AND ITS PROCESSES. MORE OF A JOKE IS THE PENALTIES THAT THE PARKSIDE PLAYERS GOT THIS WEEK. THE WRFL HAVE A REAL PROBLEM TRYING TO PROMOTE THE COMP WHEN THEY CANT OFFER ANY SORT OF PROTECTION TO PLAYERS FROM THUGGERY. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE COLTS ARE A GOOD UNIT ON THE FIELD BUT WILL BE NO MATCH FOR THE WARRIORS. WE HAVENT HAVE A GOOD FINALS GAME YET SO I HOPE THE GF IS A GOOD ONE. HOPPERS TOO GOOD, THE BEST TEAM I HAVE SEEN IN LOCAL FOOTY FOR 25 YEARS. WATCH OUT FOR THE KANGAS IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS WE ARE HUNGRY, CAPABLE AND ABLE. JUST NOT AS RICH AS OTHERS!!!!

petrie1 said:
WELL WELL WELL, THE SITE APPEARS TO HAVE LOST A WEEKS WORTH OF POSTS. THIS I BELIEVE IS A GOOD THING. I AM A SUNSHINE SUPPORTER AND WE WERE CLEARLY OUTGUNNED BY THE BETTER TEAM TODAY. I THINK WE WERE THE 3RD BEST TEAM IN THE COMP THIS YEAR AND RESULTS HAVE PROVEN THAT. I ALSO BELIEVE WE ARE THE BEST CLUB IN THE COMP AND THAT IS BEYOND DISPUTE. I HAVE IN THE LAST 9 WEEKS BECOME AN ADDICT OF THIS SITE AND ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY. HOWEVER , NOW THAT OUR SEASON IS OVER, IT WILL BE A PLEASURE NOT TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH POSTS FROM THE SELF PROCLAIMED ORNAMENT TO THE GAME IN ROCK AND ALL THE POSTS FROM HIS SYCOPHANTIC FAN CLUB i.e HIS PLAYERS AND SUPPORTERS! A FERAL LOT THEY ARE AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME WATCH FOR THE ABUSIVE REPLIES TO THIS POST! IF HE WAS UNAVAILABLE THIS WEEK I STILL THINK THEY WOULD HAVE BEATEN US BUT THE FACT THAT HE GOT OFF THIS WEEK AFTER BEING REPORTED BY 3 UMPIRES AND WAS FOUND GUILTY IS AN INDICTMENT ON THE LEAGUE AND ITS PROCESSES. MORE OF A JOKE IS THE PENALTIES THAT THE PARKSIDE PLAYERS GOT THIS WEEK. THE WRFL HAVE A REAL PROBLEM TRYING TO PROMOTE THE COMP WHEN THEY CANT OFFER ANY SORT OF PROTECTION TO PLAYERS FROM THUGGERY. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE COLTS ARE A GOOD UNIT ON THE FIELD BUT WILL BE NO MATCH FOR THE WARRIORS. WE HAVENT HAVE A GOOD FINALS GAME YET SO I HOPE THE GF IS A GOOD ONE. HOPPERS TOO GOOD, THE BEST TEAM I HAVE SEEN IN LOCAL FOOTY FOR 25 YEARS. WATCH OUT FOR THE KANGAS IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS WE ARE HUNGRY, CAPABLE AND ABLE. JUST NOT AS RICH AS OTHERS!!!!

Well buddy jealousy is a curse,just because three umps report the incident doen't make it three times as worse,also it was found that it was an open hand that was reckless and high and i pleaded guilty,so should have got some leniency in the first place.
Even the umps thought i would get a reprimand and there was no damage to the player at all and he went on to beat me and played well,so with my clean record at 32 and no sign of thuggerry i got off,so get over it.
Will agree with you that sunshine will be a force over the coming years though have some great kids coming through a good coach and president and loyal supporters and i wish them all the best.
As for the GF expect a good game hoppers are a good side but definately not the best in 25yrs but thats your opinion im sure it will be a close game and we will prevail with a full squad and you will see that we are also a great side.CHEERS MATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back