Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

cmat26 said:
A bit of both in the end. Parkside were easily the best side for the first three quarters of the day. Spotty kicked five in the last 10 minutes to come from 38 points down. Five more minutes and they would have pinched it. Parkside grinded to an absolute halt in the last.

Taleb easily best on ground.
Condos was pretty good early. Was kept quiet in the second half by Michael Puhar.
Juegan just keeps running.
Stanley and 7 (Name escapes me) were also pretty handy.

No Sir.

Went and watched the game at Sugar Gum, and although Parkside had them covered for the most part, they just ran out of legs towards the end. Spotty didn't give up I guess, but doesn't mean much now. Taleb easily best, But I would say that Kelly had the better of Juegan. He is an out and out gun, and when on song, easily up here with Massis and Carson as rthe best of the on-ballers in the comp.

In the end just a little too much polish for the woodsmen. Starting simpson from full-forward was an interesting move from the powers at spotty too. No-one really could have gone with him on the wing.

Maybe 5 or more coaching changes for 2007. Shanks is a cert to coach Albion. Then urve got Spotty, St Albans, Altona you would think Yarraville would look at new candidates and maybe Parkside.
Any thoughts out there, maybe from you MADPIE u seem to be very switched on about the league. How did the beers go down on the weekend???

sunline 11 said:
You played pretty well, for an old fella on the weekend coldy, still know how to use the ball in tight area's.

It will be a battle of the big guns in the middle and the forward line up at both ends, are very potent aswell. Backmen will have to be "ON" all day.

The league will be rubbing there hand's together, knowing that a Hoppers V colt's game will always draw a good crowd and will because we both have a crack.
Sunline what did you think of the colts its in best intrests that we have seen theree best and will know how to match up on them dont you think they were tough but it looks tougher than what it is when the other team arent tough as big a win as it is colts couldnt get to excited sunshine didnt come to play so there wasnt much of a contest
What do think frosty will do in match ups this week kouzta the hard man of the comp on winters what others please play tight on caddy your our life line sunline.

Iknowfooty said:
Maybe 5 or more coaching changes for 2007. Shanks is a cert to coach Albion. Then urve got Spotty, St Albans, Altona you would think Yarraville would look at new candidates and maybe Parkside.
Any thoughts out there, maybe from you MADPIE u seem to be very switched on about the league. How did the beers go down on the weekend???

Coaching jobs and my opinions:

Yarraville - Shane Keogh
St Albans - Steve Kolyniuk
Parkside - Nick Condos/ + Current player

Travvy43 said:
Well I know this seems like old news, but well done to the colts on the weekend. From our point of view it was a difficult pill to swallow. You go into game thinking you are a chance to take it out, and to get beaten by an even ton was disappointing.

The good thing is, we played some good enough footy through the year to earn a double chance. We need to move on and learn from last week.

Parkside are obvioulsy a finals harden side and will be tough opposition this week. Will sir play, or will the powers at be think they have us already covered, not risk him and have him right for the following week.

We have a lot to prove after last week, and will be keen to make amends for last weeks below par performance.

X Linton and potentially Foley back will help.

Hey Travvy how did you pull up. You looked pretty sore at one stage think the last quarter curled over in the centre. Looked like you were holding your ribs. Also spent some time on the David was this rotations or are you still hurting from that contact u made with the fence a couple of weeks ago.

Iknowfooty said:

On the money Iknowfooty, Shanks has signed and Shannon Broadbent also signed on as assistant coach with Albion.

Iknowfooty said:
Hey Travvy how did you pull up. You looked pretty sore at one stage think the last quarter curled over in the centre. Looked like you were holding your ribs. Also spent some time on the David was this rotations or are you still hurting from that contact u made with the fence a couple of weeks ago.

Ribs are no problems. Perhaps the curling over in the centre of the ground was an effort to regain my breath, big ground whitten.

Caught a stinga in the shins early in the second quarter, went off to ice it for a bit. Come back on in the third to half forward and then had a rest, and then run out the last on the pill.

Pulled up well, thanks for asking!!

Travvy43 said:
Ribs are no problems. Perhaps the curling over in the centre of the ground was an effort to regain my breath, big ground whitten.

Caught a stinga in the shins early in the second quarter, went off to ice it for a bit. Come back on in the third to half forward and then had a rest, and then run out the last on the pill.

Pulled up well, thanks for asking!!

I thought Frost did a good job and also the kid with the dread locks tried hard. Might be hard to turn it around against Parkside but time will tell.

Iknowfooty said:
I thought Frost did a good job and also the kid with the dread locks tried hard. Might be hard to turn it around against Parkside but time will tell.

Bright was our best i think, he did not have his colours lowered by motram. Frost also did well, held winters and picked up a bit of the pill himselve.

time will tell with this week.... spot on!

Travvy43 said:
Bright was our best i think, he did not have his colours lowered by motram. Frost also did well, held winters and picked up a bit of the pill himselve.

time will tell with this week.... spot on!

Even better sign for us travvy that winters and brannan didn't have a huge impact but i believe both still one their postions,imo.
Brannan did also suffer an injury early in the game which did hinder his out put.

Now sunny just heard that a player at your club has been caught stealing $200 out of a ladies purse,while she was getting a hair cut off his partner and this is all out in the open is this true or just rumour????
If true one of the lowest acts of human kind.
Syrely even in your quest for a flag you wouldn't want this person to be a part of it especially when his on good coin.

ROCK07 said:
Even better sign for us travvy that winters and brannan didn't have a huge impact but i believe both still one their postions,imo.
Brannan did also suffer an injury early in the game which did hinder his out put.

Spot on rock, imagine if you were all to fire at once.

sunline 11 said:
On the money Iknowfooty, Shanks has signed and Shannon Broadbent also signed on as assistant coach with Albion.

Well at least Shan can b cleared to play for another club now that Shanks finally woke up and made him assistant coach which he should of done in his 3 failed attempts to get him to Melton South which ended up in Shan going back to Keilor Park after missing half the season coz he couldn't get a clearance, and just one for u boys all the talk about all the gun midfielders in your comp add this guys name to the list if not above them ABSOLUTE GUN!!!!

Can someone please give a chop out to WRFLFan he's been having trouble with his Melways left Rock without his pie on the weekend poor form. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

d-mac3276 said:
Well at least Shan can b cleared to play for another club now that Shanks finally woke up and made him assistant coach which he should of done in his 3 failed attempts to get him to Melton South which ended up in Shan going back to Keilor Park after missing half the season coz he couldn't get a clearance, and just one for u boys all the talk about all the gun midfielders in your comp add this guys name to the list if not above them ABSOLUTE GUN!!!!

Is this the S Broadbent formely from Tullamarine????

If so the term gun is way off the mark, this bloke was chasing a couple of hundred a week a few years ago to play second division WRFL. At the time he was hooked up with the neice of a mate of mine. Good to see not much will change at Albion with these lack lusture appiontments, perhaps they should also approach James for a come back, seeing as he kicked 22 against the mighty rockbank rams on the weekend. Talk about thinking outside the square you live in........

GetOnIt said:
Can someone please give a chop out to WRFLFan he's been having trouble with his Melways left Rock without his pie on the weekend poor form. :(

Poor mis - guided soles, you can take the boys out of the burra, but never the burra out of the boy.
Spent time on the track tonight with the full back Rhode Scholar, all should be write for the next outing, hot pies for all......lol:thumbsu:

speculator said:
Is this the S Broadbent formely from Tullamarine????

If so the term gun is way off the mark, this bloke was chasing a couple of hundred a week a few years ago to play second division WRFL. At the time he was hooked up with the neice of a mate of mine. Good to see not much will change at Albion with these lack lusture appiontments, perhaps they should also approach James for a come back, seeing as he kicked 22 against the mighty rockbank rams on the weekend. Talk about thinking outside the square you live in........

Yes this is the same S.Broadbent from Tullamarine and its obvious u haven't seen the guy play as u wouldn't b making such (in your words) LACK LUSTRE statements such as this as the boy would dominate in the WRFL, i'll just let u wait and see next year if the appointment has been made that is

d-mac3276 said:
Yes this is the same S.Broadbent from Tullamarine and its obvious u haven't seen the guy play as u wouldn't b making such (in your words) LACK LUSTRE statements such as this as the boy would dominate in the WRFL, i'll just let u wait and see next year if the appointment has been made that is

I played with Shannon many of years ago, he can play, though I wouldn't put him up there, with the best midfielders the WRFL has to offer.

ROCK07 said:
Now sunny just heard that a player at your club has been caught stealing $200 out of a ladies purse,while she was getting a hair cut off his partner and this is all out in the open is this true or just rumour????
If true one of the lowest acts of human kind.
Syrely even in your quest for a flag you wouldn't want this person to be a part of it especially when his on good coin.

One of your worst Rock.:thumbsdown:

sunline 11 said:
I played with Shannon many of years ago, he can play, though I wouldn't put him up there, with the best midfielders the WRFL has to offer.

Broadbent goes o.k pretty hard at it works pretty hard but not an absolute gun. Ask him how good he is he will tell you don't worry about that.
Albion are going no where appointing shanks, all him and broadbent will do is walk around telling everyone how good they are or were. Shanks coaching record speaks for itself.

Iknowfooty said:
Heard a whisper that maybe steve kretiuk to stalbans??
Maybe stavalas and condos joint coaches of parkside(no mail there just a guesse).Only had a couple saturday mate had to drive home.
Also i know footy what is the go at the western oval with $4 a can ?????????
Disgrace

GetOnIt said:
Nasty nasty man, all this coming from a bloke who went to the wrong ground when he lived across the road and drove past the won we were playing at any chance of turning up ANYWHERE on time, please, $2 worth thanks.

Seems as though you are enjoying this site, why don't you tell which victim you will beat this week you absolute superstar of the WRFL as l tell you you are the best in the comp at your possie and not a wing man true OBE1

WRFLfan said:
Nasty nasty man, all this coming from a bloke who went to the wrong ground when he lived across the road and drove past the won we were playing at any chance of turning up ANYWHERE on time, please, $2 worth thanks.

Seems as though you are enjoying this site, why don't you tell which victim you will beat this week you absolute superstar of the WRFL as l tell you you are the best in the comp at your possie and not a wing man true OBE1

Best Space cadet in the comp by far, not a bad fullback either...lol:D

sunline 11 said:
One of your worst Rock.:thumbsdown:

Listen GOOSE i asked a question if it was true or not you could have just put the thing to an end and said not true or give another side to the story,i only received this info yesterday,and i don't know if it's true and was asking you to clarify.
If you think im the type of bloke that would start rumours like that your wrong and if i wanted could have mentioned his name so please...WAKE UP

Ok now Rock and Sunny who will be the match ups this week and what will be the defining positions on the ground where your side will take the next step into the grand final and why?

ROCK07 said:
Listen GOOSE i asked a question if it was true or not you could have just put the thing to an end and said not true or give another side to the story,i only received this info yesterday,and i don't know if it's true and was asking you to clarify.
If you think im the type of bloke that would start rumours like that your wrong and if i wanted could have mentioned his name so please...WAKE UP

No need for name calling Rock, there will plenty of time for that on Saturday.

The information you have recieved is not true. I don't know why people would make sh1t like that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back