Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Caught up with a couple of guys over the weekend and they mentioned that they had heard that Jake Savage and Grainger from Sunshine where on there way up to Albanvale. Can anyone confirm this?

Caught up with a couple of guys over the weekend and they mentioned that they had heard that Jake Savage and Grainger from Sunshine where on there way up to Albanvale. Can anyone confirm this?

someone on the division 2 thread has claimed a couple of lads from sunshine are crossing over to braybrook also

By having the tackers play and not the seniors how will that go with the hard grounds with overprotective parents when a few kids get hurt. Losing kids to other sports may and will happen either way. Soccer is kicking on in the jun. ranks but they will be suffering from the same restrictions as us. The league starts at the seniors and works it's way down. The seniors in all other league's would be there vital choice. Or would you say a league like the eastern would let underages play while all the seniors sit on the sideline or go to other leagues, please!! The Essendon would definately not let there seniors go before the kids. Southern doesn't have them. Well if the western wants to do that i am sure these leagues will get stronger. And what does happen if this goes on for a few years what do the under 18's do oh... sorry it's thier final year and then they get to go to other sport's or just that immenent retirement as there is no SENIORS. Please is it really that good of an idea.

Whilst the League implements all rulings, it is actually the clubs who will have to vote on this type of decision. Heard that a few clubs have already spoken and that if it comes down to a vote for Juniors or Seniors the vote will go to the JUNIORS. Then the league will have to implement the decision made by the CLUBS.
Ultimately the decision for any football to be played will come down to the Insurance Company and Councils, but what happens if Maribyrnong says it is OK for football and Brimbank say NO?
All clubs have a responsibility at the start of the day to do a ground report; if it is not suitable to play football on then it is their call on the day. But also remember, there are a lot of country football leagues that have continually played on cow paddocks over the years and yet they still played. What does everyone want, wrap all players up in cotton wool before they go out and play?
Also remember UNDER 18's are part of the SENIOR division of the League not junior's

You are as stupid as your name tuna cakes what a bad comment!

thanks for the feedback ONEBAR.

anyone thought of the implications if the leagues season is reduced, in regards to playing elsewhere. i.e. if WRFL season is only 10 weeks long, would many players attempt to play (on permit) another 8 to 10 games in a league that was playing the full 20 odd weeks. You would assume that this decision is up to the clubs, whether to grant permits, and they would not be in favour, but at the risk of blokes leaving to play the entire season elewhere, i would think many clubs may be forced to consider this prospect.

It will be interesting times ahead.

thanks for the feedback ONEBAR.

anyone thought of the implications if the leagues season is reduced, in regards to playing elsewhere. i.e. if WRFL season is only 10 weeks long, would many players attempt to play (on permit) another 8 to 10 games in a league that was playing the full 20 odd weeks. You would assume that this decision is up to the clubs, whether to grant permits, and they would not be in favour, but at the risk of blokes leaving to play the entire season elewhere, i would think many clubs may be forced to consider this prospect.

It will be interesting times ahead.

That is a fair question Tuna. Hopefully it doesn't come to these measures.

no point stressing out about the water situation imo, it is something that every club and competition will have to face and it is totally out of our hands

What are all the comings and goings in the league this year to each team?

Not bad Bronco.
Boys hows things going, went to the full moon party and i must say its abit better than summer dayz. Bronco why dont you just hook a hose(not the rock's) up and drench the ground with water.

Rock07 will Webb and Taylor and Jacobs be at training o0n the 8th or are the older ones allowed more time off?

Boys hows things going, went to the full moon party and i must say its abit better than summer dayz. Bronco why dont you just hook a hose(not the rock's) up and drench the ground with water.

Rock07 will Webb and Taylor and Jacobs be at training o0n the 8th or are the older ones allowed more time off?

It's only local footy, no-one should be training on the 8th.

It's only local footy, no-one should be training on the 8th.

agree with you that it is only local footy, that is why we do not train before x-mas

some other clubs were training 3 times a week pre- x-mas we chose to have a longer break and start up a bit earlier in the new year and it workks for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is captain then thats a massive slap in the face to players that have been at that club for years, would even feel strange for Broadbent to lead 21 blokes that youve know for 4 months.
didnt know that they had announced the captains of any teams
considering that it is only jan 5 but you would know wrflfan,if you know
so much put your rep on the line now and give us the leading goal kicker
for 2007 and b&f in the comp and premiers, and over who, and by how many points ,otherwise just keep your dribble to yourself

didnt know that they had announced the captains of any teams
considering that it is only jan 5 but you would know wrflfan,if you know
so much put your rep on the line now and give us the leading goal kicker
for 2007 and b&f in the comp and premiers, and over who, and by how many points ,otherwise just keep your dribble to yourself

Must of hit a raw nerve WRLFAN. :eek:

agree with you that it is only local footy, that is why we do not train before x-mas

some other clubs were training 3 times a week pre- x-mas we chose to have a longer break and start up a bit earlier in the new year and it workks for us

I do find it hard to believe that the premier club in the entire WRFL have no offical training runs before christmas. It really doesn't give any new recruits to the club much time to get aquainted with blokes they may not know, yet are required to go into battle together.
If training was conducted prior to x-mas, it allows the possibilty for social gatherings over the festive season, and we all know the best way to get to know somebody, is to have a few beers!

Must of hit a raw nerve WRLFAN. :eek:
no it didnt hit a raw nerve we want good players to come into the comp
and before they have even played a game you and your mate are all over
them,just because they dont end up at your prefered club the knifes are out.... how about being glad that the comp attracts quality players . i have seen this broadbent play:thumbsu: a couple of times and he is a true leader
just not a leader at your prefered club ...lets be positive .:thumbsu:

Can anyone tell me about Rowan Haw from Wyndhamvale? I did my trade apprenticeship with him and know he plays for the falcons. Is he as good as he says he is? Thanks

Can anyone tell me about Rowan Haw from Wyndhamvale? I did my trade apprenticeship with him and know he plays for the falcons. Is he as good as he says he is? Thanks
na most blokes who blow there own trumpet arnt alwys as good as they say they are but who would no never heard of him mate

I do find it hard to believe that the premier club in the entire WRFL have no offical training runs before christmas. It really doesn't give any new recruits to the club much time to get aquainted with blokes they may not know, yet are required to go into battle together.
If training was conducted prior to x-mas, it allows the possibilty for social gatherings over the festive season, and we all know the best way to get to know somebody, is to have a few beers!

we haven't trained before x-mas for at least 3 or 4 years and keeps our players fresh, i know i enjoy an extended break

i agree with you about the new recruits but we are a very social club and it doesn't take long before they settle in

them,just because they dont end up at your prefered club the knifes are out.... how about being glad that the comp attracts quality players . i have seen this broadbent play:thumbsu: a couple of times and he is a true leader

tappy if you had done your research properly you would know that somebody else claimed that broadbent had been given the captaincy by shanks, wrfl fan said it would be a slap in the face to the other albion lads as broadbent had only just signed

i personalyy hope he is a gun it would be good for the comp but next time research properly before you attack others with your own dribble

So what are all the comings and goings?
Who will be league goalkicker winner?
Who are the best 5 players in the league?
Will there be any shocks in ladder positions come the end of the year?
Sorry about the colour i cant get it off!

I didn't have the knives out I was just asking a question. But this is a public forum and everyone is etitled to an opinion and some opinions might not be what someone wants to hear. Maybe I will get down to a few games and I can pass my own judgement.

I didn't have the knives out I was just asking a question. But this is a public forum and everyone is etitled to an opinion and some opinions might not be what someone wants to hear. Maybe I will get down to a few games and I can pass my own judgement.

Here's an opinion.

You were doing ther 'here here' WRFL fan thing which you always do. Always jumping on somebody else's coat tails. You might be a good bloke in person, (probably because you can play football and they want to sign you up), but on BF your a complete w a n k e r. Are you still giving uneducated sprays to people via PM's after half the posters told you what they thought of you and you slinked off from the public arena.

The last two years we have set a program that hasn't included any pre-christmas training as it is a waste of time because six weeks gets you fit and then practice matches you should then be prepared for the season, after winning the last 2 premierships we would suggest we are on the right track, when other sides seem to be looking tired we are still running out 4 quarters. (2006 Grand Final suggests) & (2005 Grand Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back