Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Port Colts - 7 from 1 game.
Hoppers - 10 from 2 games
Spotswood - 15 from 2
Parkside - 7 from 2
Sunshine - 12 from 3
St.albans - 15 from 2
Average of 6 goals per game angainst the top sides.
Tell me how many other players in the WRFL or any other Div 1 comp would have done that in a ******** side that was bottom 3 or 4???
there's no doubt aaron james is a gun footballer but is he a team player and in the end that's what football is all about.think I would have a 70 to 80 goals a year player over say 6 to 8 years then a bloke who plays 1 or 2 years and is only playing for the coin not his team mates the reason why albion hav'nt had much sucess in reasent years lets hope the new players down there hang around a while and gel together as a team.

there's no doubt aaron james is a gun footballer but is he a team player and in the end that's what football is all about.think I would have a 70 to 80 goals a year player over say 6 to 8 years then a bloke who plays 1 or 2 years and is only playing for the coin not his team mates the reason why albion hav'nt had much sucess in reasent years lets hope the new players down there hang around a while and gel together as a team.
Ask yourself why players dont stay at albion for long periods of time its because of the people running the club dont hide behind players just leaving for more coin it has happened to often to say that.
I could name 10 players in the last 2 years that have left the club because of management.

Port Colts - 7 from 1 game.
Hoppers - 10 from 2 games
Spotswood - 15 from 2
Parkside - 7 from 2
Sunshine - 12 from 3
St.albans - 15 from 2
Average of 6 goals per game angainst the top sides.
Tell me how many other players in the WRFL or any other Div 1 comp would have done that in a ******** side that was bottom 3 or 4???

brian memedi kicked goals against nearly every one for 10+ years even when yarraville wernt any good

Yeah we all know how well AJ went in this comp he kicked 120 goals in 17 games.
Get ur facts right before you post GOOSE!

Before you pot someone as a goose Mollyboy, keep things in perspective. I notice some later posts correct your "facts" as you have quoted ?

Its neither here or there to me but for someone with the skill statue and football ability the bloke in question has, he has way under achived in the WRFL. Couple this with h'e's tantrums and send off's........to me his time in this league was wasted as speccy aluded too. As for what contributes to ones success , we all measure success differently, so maybe little blokes like yourself would see AJ as you call him as doing well. Keep aiming high champ who knows were you will end up.

Ask yourself why players dont stay at albion for long periods of time its because of the people running the club dont hide behind players just leaving for more coin it has happened to often to say that.
I could name 10 players in the last 2 years that have left the club because of management.

Sorry but I dont understand the first part of your post??? I cant name ten blokes that have left because of the club but I can name a few who have been there for years and are as loyal as the day is long. Is your grip with the past coaching staff or the club stalwarts??

Before you pot someone as a goose Mollyboy, keep things in perspective. I notice some later posts correct your "facts" as you have quoted ?

Its neither here or there to me but for someone with the skill statue and football ability the bloke in question has, he has way under achived in the WRFL. Couple this with h'e's tantrums and send off's........to me his time in this league was wasted as speccy aluded too. As for what contributes to ones success , we all measure success differently, so maybe little blokes like yourself would see AJ as you call him as doing well. Keep aiming high champ who knows were you will end up.

Thanks for your support Obe, good to see the colts/hoppers rivalry has some boundries that are common ground. For the record seeing as I owe you one..... there is no truth to the Sam Hoath rumor ( playing at hoppers)

So your saying 118 goals at an average 7 goals a game is under performing?
Your kidding yourself!
You must be a real good footballer cos your standards are pretty high.

So your saying 118 goals at an average 7 goals a game is under performing?
Your kidding yourself!
You must be a real good footballer cos your standards are pretty high.

To answer your questions/statements.... it goes like this

YES....no....no....YES

I hope you can follow

Ok so what your saying is there are only about 5 - 10 players achiving anything in football throughout Australia?
YOUR A REAL D ICKHEAD CHAMP!

Sorry Molly I should have realised I was getting in way over my head, I didn't take that much notice of your ID.....now that I have I see my error...its a bit like talking logic to my 2 year old son.....time is better spent else where....keep up the good work.....look forward to catching up some day

Hasn't had the best results, but hasn't really had the best sides.. we will just have 2 wait till the season starts. james was a spaz, played 4 himself, and was too old..

what a understatement
started with a decent side last year finished top 3 the year b4 i beleive and turned it to sh#t
east keilor went for third to last
keilor park are slowly working back up the ladder from the bottom
maybe he is a long term coaching prospect ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James was a good player not a team player though but what is he supposed to do he was a full forward and was there to kick goals which he did when out on the track. i know one thing is that he wont be kicking to many more for a while!!!But also you have to have good people around him (player wise and coaching) which Albion have definately lacked for long time. He was a waste of good talent and i am sure he would know that.

What about Jason Clarke he has kicked a few as full forward and isn't really the same size as Memedi or James. He hasn't done to badly for his achievements, leading goalkicker, league medalist, premiership captain and coach. All this with a massive nose and red hair. Top effort!!!

what a understatement
started with a decent side last year finished top 3 the year b4 i beleive and turned it to sh#t
east keilor went for third to last
keilor park are slowly working back up the ladder from the bottom
maybe he is a long term coaching prospect ?
the year that south finished 3rd they where not that good really.. and plus they lost a fair few good players and there full fwd played half a year.. but yeah prolly hasnt achived that highly at recent clubs..

Hasn't had the best results, but hasn't really had the best sides.. we will just have 2 wait till the season starts. james was a spaz, played 4 himself, and was too old..
You must be more than 005 if you believe that you F UCKWITT!!!

been busy on bigfooty fellas, i head away for a week and theres pages and pages to catch up on. Any more signings recently? whats the go with parkside? managed to keep any guys from last year? heard st albans are in more then a bit of strife with there lack of recruits but who knows. Have heard that Savage is heading to Albanvale, would be a quality division 2 footballer and would have to be getting a bit of coin to leave us. Dont think Grainger will leave, enjoys his time at the club. Colts have picked up quality again, whoevers in charge of recruiting down there does a massive job every year...

What about Jason Clarke he has kicked a few as full forward and isn't really the same size as Memedi or James. He hasn't done to badly for his achievements, leading goalkicker, league medalist, premiership captain and coach. All this with a massive nose and red hair. Top effort!!!

jason clarke's proberly bigger than butsa (6'1'-6'2'max) but do agree his achievements are outstanding.

What is west footscray like?

Is there much coin in WRFL?
One of the better sides in Divvy 2 who should challenge for the premiership in 2007. Unfortunately Division 2 in the WRFL is extremely lopsided. The games at the top are end are of a reasonable standard but there is nothing fun against playing sides like Bruswick power and the lads from Laverton.

I wouldn't have thought there would be much money in Division 2. The best players in the area as a rule play in Division One where there is a bit.

All this talk about whos going to do what to who this year may quite possibly be just talk and no action as the state of nearly all local football grounds will almost certainly spell the end to local football in 07.
No insurance company wants to go near any sporting club that plays outdors and local councils are strongly pushing that local football be banned.
So all you blokes will have to play another sport this winter because more than likely the only football you will be playing is on the computer or xbox.
So dont bother with preseason unless you are gearing up for 08 because 07 will be a non event.................................

All this talk about whos going to do what to who this year may quite possibly be just talk and no action as the state of nearly all local football grounds will almost certainly spell the end to local football in 07.
No insurance company wants to go near any sporting club that plays outdors and local councils are strongly pushing that local football be banned.
So all you blokes will have to play another sport this winter because more than likely the only football you will be playing is on the computer or xbox.
So dont bother with preseason unless you are gearing up for 08 because 07 will be a non event.................................
We are not getting that feedback from the city of Port Phillip so not sure where you are getting yr info from, sure there's plenty of rumours but it all depends on the grounds u play on and I hear that some grounds in the WRFL aren't looking too bad - if colts can get the bore water thing happening then should be sweet, so we'll just continue on as normal and be as prepared as we can for our 3 flags in a row.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back