Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

I have had discussions with a person in the postion to comment at Sunbury and he has stated that they have been accepted into the EDFL and will play in Div 2 next year. Look out Marby park if they don't win it this year!!

This talk has been happenig for years and will continue for years. There was talk earlier in the year about hopers moving and have not heard about parkside. Last I heard was parkside were very close to shutting the doors and not going to div 2.
The winner of div 2 will 99% come up, there is no reason why they should not but the league has said thye have 1 month to decide, so I htink that will seal parksides fate. 30 days we will know.
Cant see hoppers leaving and cant see St Albans going no where.
Would creat an interesting league. Div 1 of say 6 teams, div 2 of say 6 teams and div 3 of 6 teams........ interesting but wont happen.....

According to people I have spoken to, teams in Div 2 are only being given a week to decide. I have also been told that the 3 contenders are too sure if they will take the step.

According to people I have spoken to, teams in Div 2 are only being given a week to decide. I have also been told that the 3 contenders are too sure if they will take the step.

winner of div 2 must let wrfl no if up/down by 1-10-07 re kev hillier
radio announcement last week

from wat iv heard west footscray are very keen to cum up, they used to be in divy 1 and think they belong in divy 1, not to sure about sunny hts n nth foots

If Sunshine Heights win the flag they will go up and have a crack. That is 100% confirmed. Any other info you may here is untrue!!!!

the wrfl is getting weaker evry year, teams are folding , teams want to move to other leagues, teams dont wont to be promoted n the same divy 1 teams make the finals every year, not long ago there were 3 divions n soon there wil only be one

from wat iv heard west footscray are very keen to cum up, they used to be in divy 1 and think they belong in divy 1, not to sure about sunny hts n nth foots
west will come up,thats for sure,they have been hanging for this year to happan as to the plan they set 5 yrs ago=====nth foots are not prepared to come up yet, but the near future looks promising.=====sunny heights are probaly in the same boat as nth,do have alot of young guns but finances will need to be set as players will need to be drafted to the club and they havent been paying players, as what i have heard anyway, it would a different culture for them(with money etc)maybe that would be the challenge for them.

the wrfl is getting weaker evry year, teams are folding , teams want to move to other leagues, teams dont wont to be promoted n the same divy 1 teams make the finals every year, not long ago there were 3 divions n soon there wil only be one

Agree, and there seems to be a huge difference in the type of player that other leagues attract, compared to that of the WRFL.
No disrespect to the current crop of players, but alot of good youth and experienced players coming down from higher grades of football are going elsewhere. Be that money/jobs or just the standard, I don't know.

Agree, and there seems to be a huge difference in the type of player that other leagues attract, compared to that of the WRFL.
No disrespect to the current crop of players, but alot of good youth and experienced players coming down from higher grades of football are going elsewhere. Be that money/jobs or just the standard, I don't know.
Cant see west not winning div 2 and they for sure will come up, and most likely go down again as they will lose a lot of players. Cant see Ziggy Kadour running around in div 1 anymore. Had his time at parkside and was a good player there but at a lesser club will have to man up...... something different for a change. Used his name as he was clearly west best player last week and for the year.
Heights will have to open their bank account to remain in div 1 if they win, from what I saw of greto on the weekend he will be lucky to kick 20 in div 1. A 5"10 full forward who not awfully quick.. big bad ray jensen will lick his chops at that one.
Hoppers like I said are staying and Nth prob wont come up but dont think they will win.
Will be interesting nxt year with glen, yarra, St albans, West and Altona to even up the bottom sides hoping they keep their lists.
Albion and Spotty this week..... Lets worry about the next 3 weeks in the wrfl then talk about nxt year

Having been through the process some years ago, it is not that straight forward. If a club decides it wants to change leagues a submission must be made to the leagues executive first. IF this is voted in favor of the club it will then have to go to the clubs in that comp to vote on, if this is in favor of the club Football Victoria still have a say as to whether or not it could go ahead pending the reasons for the move etc. If all three were of the affirmative the club would have to start in the lower division and work its way up if a relagation demotion system is in place. The only exception to the above could be if two teams of equall standard were to apply at the same time. The clubs in the comp would them vote on the proposal tabled. I would think whilst there is some merit in the Sunbury move the others would fail.
Would never happen they would have to start in the lower grade.

This talk has been happenig for years and will continue for years. There was talk earlier in the year about hopers moving and have not heard about parkside. Last I heard was parkside were very close to shutting the doors and not going to div 2.
The winner of div 2 will 99% come up, there is no reason why they should not but the league has said thye have 1 month to decide, so I htink that will seal parksides fate. 30 days we will know.
Cant see hoppers leaving and cant see St Albans going no where.
Would creat an interesting league. Div 1 of say 6 teams, div 2 of say 6 teams and div 3 of 6 teams........ interesting but wont happen.....

St ablans will leave the wrfl apparently bein tryin for a few years and now with sunbury just bout certainies 2 go its looks lik the wrfl has seen the last of them. heard it will b 12 team a grade and 12 team b grade with marby pk (likey priemers) and sunbury staright in2 A grade and st albans start in b grade with recently relegated keilor park in2 B grade!!!!!!!!!!!

my tips for the weekends matches...... colts v spotty.seen spotty play a few times this year and they are a very good team with strength all over the ground and i am very sure are keen to take out the flag as they havent had the ultimate success in recent years.if u had of asked me two weeks ago i would of said they were the favourites but watching the colts play on the weekend i have changed my mind.colts are a much better team on the bigger ground and blokes like webb,taylor,jacobs,lindsay and co just seem to find another gear at this time of year and if they focus their aggression at the ball and not the man and stay disciplined i dont think any team can beat them.colts by 20 points.
albion v hoppers.hoppers were terrible on the weekend with a couple of the younger blokes not up to the physicality of finals football and i think mentaly last week will be in the back of their mind and may have a bearing on this weeks game.good test of character for the young blokes to see if they can bounce back.i believe on paper hoppers probably have a better team but albion are on a bit of a high at the moment and if they can carry that over into this week i believe they can get up in a close one.albion by 8 points

Cant see west not winning div 2 and they for sure will come up, and most likely go down again as they will lose a lot of players. Cant see Ziggy Kadour running around in div 1 anymore. Had his time at parkside and was a good player there but at a lesser club will have to man up...... something different for a change. Used his name as he was clearly west best player last week and for the year.
Heights will have to open their bank account to remain in div 1 if they win, from what I saw of greto on the weekend he will be lucky to kick 20 in div 1. A 5"10 full forward who not awfully quick.. big bad ray jensen will lick his chops at that one.
Hoppers like I said are staying and Nth prob wont come up but dont think they will win.
Will be interesting nxt year with glen, yarra, St albans, West and Altona to even up the bottom sides hoping they keep their lists.
Albion and Spotty this week..... Lets worry about the next 3 weeks in the wrfl then talk about nxt year

Agree that West Footscray are hot favourites. If North Footscray won the flag we would go up. Guaranteed.

It is not like a few years ago when Altona hoodwinked the league. You would very hard pressed to decline the offer of first division football (regardless of whether you feel you could compete or not).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyones gone a bit quiet on here lately. Lets get something going.
This weekends games:

Im tipping Albion to get up over Hoppers in a close one, if in fact Clonan is out injured. I think if the Cats play as well as they did against us and Hoppers are slightly off, as they were against Colts i can see an upset. Cats by 8 points.
In the other game, I am really warming to Colts. They just live to play finals, and Spotty may be shell-shocked and even a bit rusty after the week off. No matter what happens in this game, I am sure these 2 teams will play off in the Grand Final. This week, Colts by 20 points.
both games this week should be cracker games but i am swaying towards spotty i think they have been the best team all year and will prove it this week for port to have any chance they must restrict Will Langlands and Wayne Patak influence on the game. Spotty by 27 points

in the other game i think hoppers will bounce back even though they are now lacking a gun forward with Clonan out but i think there little men like Keiren Murphy, Jaxon Litchfield and Rhys Miles will lift after dissapointing games last week. albion only chance is for Mick Turner to dominate and Fenton and Butina to kick 8 between them which i cant see happening.
Hoppers by 14 points

winner of div 2 must let wrfl no if up/down by 1-10-07 re kev hillier
radio announcement last week

What Kev said and also coming from the WRFL Office is that the League will be making an announcement on the 1st October of what is happening with the Relegation/Promotion. So the Winner of Div2 will need to say yes or no prior to this date and then the League has the final say if that Club will or will not go up. So even if say West state they don't want to go up, the WRFL could still put them up or vice-versa.

both games this week should be cracker games but i am swaying towards spotty i think they have been the best team all year and will prove it this week for port to have any chance they must restrict Will Langlands and Wayne Patak influence on the game. Spotty by 27 points

in the other game i think hoppers will bounce back even though they are now lacking a gun forward with Clonan out but i think there little men like Keiren Murphy, Jaxon Litchfield and Rhys Miles will lift after dissapointing games last week. albion only chance is for Mick Turner to dominate and Fenton and Butina to kick 8 between them which i cant see happening.
Hoppers by 14 points

I agree with you there brains about the albion/hoppers game i also think that your right about spotty being the best team all year,but finals are a different thing and both teams start even tommorow.We obviously need to reduce the impact of patak.,langlands and of course keenan and monte up fwd and then limit kelly harris and theodore's use through the midfield with alot more pressure than we did last time and of course be more DISCIPLINED last time.
I am very confident about the result tomorrow,we have been waiting for finals all year i'm sure it will be a great contest both sides have some great players but i believe our pace and depth will have them covered on a bigger ground............GO COLTS

St ablans will leave the wrfl apparently bein tryin for a few years and now with sunbury just bout certainies 2 go its looks lik the wrfl has seen the last of them. heard it will b 12 team a grade and 12 team b grade with marby pk (likey priemers) and sunbury staright in2 A grade and st albans start in b grade with recently relegated keilor park in2 B grade!!!!!!!!!!!
No chance of Sunbury coming straight into A Grade mate the league wouldn't allow it considering the clubs already in the B Grade comp wouldn't vote for it. Why would they allow Sunbury to come in and start in A Grade and St Albans come in and start in B Grade.
No chance of it happening.
Also think its very ordinary for a side to win a B Grade flag and stay down in B Grade have never seen such a thing. Whats the point i mean the whole point is bettering the club and the only way is to play at the highest level.

Clarkey..very considerate as always and one day we'll all believe your propaganda..but not this week...You are of the belief you will smash Spottty and we all have no issue with it,but give us a spell on the diplomacy..I know you'll come back with...where didn't I say what I really think,but stop trying to be everyones friend..F%k them all. Colts to destroy Lloydy's 3 peat

No chance of Sunbury coming straight into A Grade mate the league wouldn't allow it considering the clubs already in the B Grade comp wouldn't vote for it. Why would they allow Sunbury to come in and start in A Grade and St Albans come in and start in B Grade.
No chance of it happening.
Also think its very ordinary for a side to win a B Grade flag and stay down in B Grade have never seen such a thing. Whats the point i mean the whole point is bettering the club and the only way is to play at the highest level.

can hardly see how moving up a divison and getting belted every week can better a club. Maybe in the EDFL the gap between first and second division isn't as big. But I am positive that any of the bottom 4 sides in the WRFL div 1 would easily account for the top 5 in 2nd div. So maybe they could save them selves some embarrasment and avoid a club falling apart by staying down. As you said you have to better your own club that doesnt always mean up!!!

Clarkey..very considerate as always and one day we'll all believe your propaganda..but not this week...You are of the belief you will smash Spottty and we all have no issue with it,but give us a spell on the diplomacy..I know you'll come back with...where didn't I say what I really think,but stop trying to be everyones friend..F%k them all. Colts to destroy Lloydy's 3 peat

GET OFF THE DRUGS GOLDIE

What a great game yesterday and full credit to spotty,they showed why the have been the best team all year,with great run and skill,they performed really well and will be hard to beat in the grandfinal.
I am proud of our efforts yesterday,although we butchered the ball a bit and some guys didn't run as well as they could of, but we never gave up and had only 19 fit players after only 15mins so as much as it was dissapointing to loose, we can take a bit out of it and if we can win next week we would love to have another crack at spotty in a grand final.....

HOPPERS BY 15 points in a close game today.

GET OFF THE DRUGS GOLDIE

What a great game yesterday and full credit to spotty,they showed why the have been the best team all year,with great run and skill,they performed really well and will be hard to beat in the grandfinal.
I am proud of our efforts yesterday,although we butchered the ball a bit and some guys didn't run as well as they could of, but we never gave up and had only 19 fit players after only 15mins so as much as it was dissapointing to loose, we can take a bit out of it and if we can win next week we would love to have another crack at spotty in a grand final.....

HOPPERS BY 15 points in a close game today.

i was there rock....plain and simple gotta use the middle of the ground champ.......to me both teams turned the ball over on many occasions.....such is the pressure of finals.....a good effort to get back within 2 points......fair goal by molan......

i was there rock....plain and simple gotta use the middle of the ground champ.......to me both teams turned the ball over on many occasions.....such is the pressure of finals.....a good effort to get back within 2 points......fair goal by molan......

You genius.you are a waisted talent,surely an AFL coaching job awaits you.
Our main area where we broke down was half fwd,we used the centre when possible and so did they early and i felt we forced them wide more in the second half , they did the same to us.A high pressure game and turnovers resulted,maybe i just noticed our mistakes more than theirs.
They won pure and simple and to get another crack we will have to perform well next week,but we are confident after we have gone down similar paths the last two years,losing a final to the team we have gone on to beat in the grand final and yesterdays margin is a lot closer than when parkside beat us by 53 points and hoppers beat us last year by 5 goals and then we went on to win the flag,we are certainly still very confident we can do it and with 1 game in 4 weeks for spotty and even worse for some of their injured players, anything can happen,we want another crack that's for sure

You genius.you are a waisted talent,surely an AFL coaching job awaits you.
Our main area where we broke down was half fwd,we used the centre when possible and so did they early and i felt we forced them wide more in the second half , they did the same to us.A high pressure game and turnovers resulted,maybe i just noticed our mistakes more than theirs.
They won pure and simple and to get another crack we will have to perform well next week,but we are confident after we have gone down similar paths the last two years,losing a final to the team we have gone on to beat in the grand final and yesterdays margin is a lot closer than when parkside beat us by 53 points and hoppers beat us last year by 5 goals and then we went on to win the flag,we are certainly still very confident we can do it and with 1 game in 4 weeks for spotty and even worse for some of their injured players, anything can happen,we want another crack that's for sure

Thanks champ......talent yes.....i think so anyway....lol

good luck next week....

can hardly see how moving up a divison and getting belted every week can better a club. Maybe in the EDFL the gap between first and second division isn't as big. But I am positive that any of the bottom 4 sides in the WRFL div 1 would easily account for the top 5 in 2nd div. So maybe they could save them selves some embarrasment and avoid a club falling apart by staying down. As you said you have to better your own club that doesnt always mean up!!!
Most sides who win a B Grade flag wouldn't b any worse off then the side who finished last in A Grade. just think thats what most clubs aim for to play in highest possible grade. Why would u win a flag then stay down and then when u have the foundations to then b able to go up to A Grade but not win another flag.
It should b made that no matter what the B Grade premiers r made to go up.

Most sides who win a B Grade flag wouldn't b any worse off then the side who finished last in A Grade. just think thats what most clubs aim for to play in highest possible grade. Why would u win a flag then stay down and then when u have the foundations to then b able to go up to A Grade but not win another flag.
It should b made that no matter what the B Grade premiers r made to go up.

here here i agree totally. i think it is absolutely stupid that teams are even given the opportunity to tell the league if they want to go up or down. if people and clubs arent interested in playing the best quality football available then there are plenty of spots in the ressies i say, and thats not a stab at the ressies either i just feel clubs should be aiming for the top...:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back