Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Just as a matter of interest Districts are in D1 in the ammos and if they could win their 3rd flag in a row in 08 it would see them in C grade quite possibly as good a standard comp as City are playing now.Its a well known and accepted fact how strong the Ammos top 3 grades are and all things being equal with the way SFL falls away in depth after the top 2 or 3 sides i wouldnt be hanging to much sh it on South Districts.It actually took the balls you said they lack to leave the SFL after accepting the fact they could no longer afford to pay mercenaries and aim to better their club by aspiring to play in a much stronger comp in the ammos.It has taken a while but they are getting their and if they emmulate Beaumaris who have been as high as B grade and if the culture and charater of a club counts they certainly will,as thats one thing they have got in spades over St Kida City.City are not are patch on Port Colts as a club so your observation of comparing them cant be taken seriously.Like you with City i have no alleigance to Colts or Districts but some people down Port/South way have long memories of 2nd Div GFdown at Sandy many years ago where the Colts were made scapegoats by the SFL.No doubt this is what Bloods was alluding to.Still it was probably a blessing in disguise for their club.Ironic thing is the bloke who the last 2 pages of posts have been about ,the Rock had the pleasure of playing with 2 of the great suburban football clubs in the Districts as a 16 yr old in the seniors and the Colts as great player and coach.These 2 clubs were closely located but mortal enemies,but they have one thing in common,they produce players and blokes the calibre of the Rock and the culture they both have is why City will never be comparable.

Mate, I didnt think LSD was still available, you are a joke,well done on your D2 Flag(Division 5) to compare STh Districts to StKilda City or Port Colts is a disgrace, your are an average club playing in a poor standard D1(IE 4TH DIVISION), both Port & City would smash you, dont come to a war with a water pistol. Sth was once a great club, buy lost its soul when it couldnt take the heat of metro footy and succumbed to the more softer amatuer version, you are embarassing yourself by writing this crap,your dreaming of B grade, BETWEEN THE COLTS & CITY THEY'VE WON AROUND 5 OR 6 DIVISION 1 FLAGS AND PROBABLY PALYED IN 10 + GFS, GET BACK TO the D1 vafa SIGHT, I dont even think SThD in their heyday they won a Div 1 flag?

Buddy i'm the rock and that's it but i'm very close to ronald,either way anybody that takes any of this on here as serious needs to wake up to themselves it's all a laugh..
As for me being bigger than the club well that's definately not true i do my best and i love the club....i will never coach any where else and will end up working at the club as long as i'm alive and we nearly had mick mcguane to coach this year and i was going to step aside and when someone better applies i will walk away.

ALL THE BEST DESTROYER AND FACTS YOU ARE BOTH TOP NOTCH BLOKES

Dont label me with the Facts, he is off his head, maybe he is trying to get you to take the Districts all the way to B grade, could be a bit of reverse psychology going on.

clearly these people arent involved in the WRFL. they pretend to know a lot, but i dont think they know much at all. lets just leave them be and move on to footy talk. who will be the biggest recruit of the year? no doubt Caddy was the biggest pick up in our league a couple of years ago, along with probably Rusty Douglas. Sunshine have been quiet on the recruiting. Might lose a couple to the country but will prob be about the same as last year. a few Hoppers blokes are fairly confident with the names they have picked up.

When you say you might lose some to the country what league are you talking about?

When do you guys kick off training cabs?

Could lose Rusty to Wedderburn but not sure yet. Dunno what league they are in. Also may lose a couple to the GVFL, but no one has decided yet. Another guys just bought a house Berwick and the travel will be too much for him i reckon. Hopefully we get a few to cover these losses. We start back on Jan 31st i think. Probably back around the Anglers again. What bout you guys?

Could lose Rusty to Wedderburn but not sure yet. Dunno what league they are in. Also may lose a couple to the GVFL, but no one has decided yet. Another guys just bought a house Berwick and the travel will be too much for him i reckon. Hopefully we get a few to cover these losses. We start back on Jan 31st i think. Probably back around the Anglers again. What bout you guys?

I'm pretty sure it is around the 16th of Jan. I reckon I'm about 8kgs heavier and I reckon I do the 100m in about 35seconds.

fact - facts has other big footy names.

fact - nudge is simon johnson who was a very average wrfl division 2 player. he was also mentioned by hungry in 08 wonder what the fascination is with him

fact - your comment don't introduce him to your wife or girlfriend is weak as p i s s on a computer.

fact - facts is a coward.

yawn,thats truly an enlightening post goesbang,er l mean long and direct,no other names up my sleeve,unlike your good self.stick to supporting the under priviledged westys.just cause im new to posting doesn't mean im new to the site,better stick to second division my maltese freind

Well lads, just got back from Summerdayz (yes I know its only 7.00) but I must say it was probably the greatest let down of the year, after attending my last Summerdays in 2004 and the 3 years previous to that I can safely say that the event is now the most over hyped garbage going around. I didnt even stay to see my fav act Groove Armada play there set, honestly if given the chance I would have decked my fair share of tossas to.

Anyway that is my rant, not football related at all but being the top bloke I am I thought I would just share that all with you.

Over and out..

Peace.

If you can find a better perve let me know. Also Groove Amada were pretty average. I was disappointed in them but the day and night was great. 7.00 is an early finish though.

me writing about simon johnson was no personal attack merely a reference in comparing wrfl div 2 and the sfl div 1,i never met the bloke just watched him play a fair bit but it was a while go now.really no need to look into it from my point of view.

Mate, I didnt think LSD was still available, you are a joke,well done on your D2 Flag(Division 5) to compare STh Districts to StKilda City or Port Colts is a disgrace, your are an average club playing in a poor standard D1(IE 4TH DIVISION), both Port & City would smash you, dont come to a war with a water pistol. Sth was once a great club, buy lost its soul when it couldnt take the heat of metro footy and succumbed to the more softer amatuer version, you are embarassing yourself by writing this crap,your dreaming of B grade, BETWEEN THE COLTS & CITY THEY'VE WON AROUND 5 OR 6 DIVISION 1 FLAGS AND PROBABLY PALYED IN 10 + GFS, GET BACK TO the D1 vafa SIGHT, I dont even think SThD in their heyday they won a Div 1 flag?

Your the joke mate. I have played at the Colts and am currently playing at the Districts. Played in the past 2 Colts premiershipsand the Districts last year. To say that the districts is an embarrasment, well you must really know the club to say something like that. Like the Colts, Districts have alot of players who could play at a better standard but we have a thing called loyalty and mateship. We left to go to the ammos cause we didnt have the money to pay players. We took our medicine started in D4 and now we are in D1. Cant do much more than that, beat the sides your up against each week. When some sides lose players who are money hungry, the Colts and Districts keep most of their players for years who give up the chance of more money. The Colts is a great loyal club and the only reason i left was to play with mates i grew up with and win a premiership and i gave up money. You play footy to win premierships and im lucky i have 3 senior flags in a row. Most of the Colts players have 2-4 for there careers. Other sides spend thousands to win 1 and then when money dries up they're gone.

Your the joke mate. I have played at the Colts and am currently playing at the Districts. Played in the past 2 Colts premiershipsand the Districts last year. To say that the districts is an embarrasment, well you must really know the club to say something like that. Like the Colts, Districts have alot of players who could play at a better standard but we have a thing called loyalty and mateship. We left to go to the ammos cause we didnt have the money to pay players. We took our medicine started in D4 and now we are in D1. Cant do much more than that, beat the sides your up against each week. When some sides lose players who are money hungry, the Colts and Districts keep most of their players for years who give up the chance of more money. The Colts is a great loyal club and the only reason i left was to play with mates i grew up with and win a premiership and i gave up money. You play footy to win premierships and im lucky i have 3 senior flags in a row. Most of the Colts players have 2-4 for there careers. Other sides spend thousands to win 1 and then when money dries up they're gone.

You took the words right out of my mouth Saints.

Best of luck for the upcoming season.:thumbsu:

If you can find a better perve let me know. Also Groove Amada were pretty average. I was disappointed in them but the day and night was great. 7.00 is an early finish though.

Yeah mate was a fair perve but I wasnt feeling the day from the outset, did a houdini on the misses and the boys at about 4.30, was getting very frustrated with some tossas in my area that I went to high school with :mad:

good on ya mate,just as a matter of interest dont sell Stkilda City short
as they had around 10 players in the current side that have played
in 2 + flags with about 6 playing in there 3rd or 4th, you deserved the spray because you shouldnt pot other clubs that are more successful than yours, I syill think you sold your soul to the ammos and are beating nobodies, and D1 is still 5th division and I pat you on the back for moving up from 7th division, Districts have never won a divvy 1 flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in 2 + flags with about 6 playing in there 3rd or 4th, you deserved the spray because you shouldnt pot other clubs that are more successful than yours, I syill think you sold your soul to the ammos and are beating nobodies, and D1 is still 5th division and I pat you on the back for moving up from 7th division, Districts have never won a divvy 1 flag

Can't really comment on the City side of to-day but played againt's the ****'s many day's gone bye ,also played against the hard side's the District's had in those day's,hated many of them and played cricket with a few of them,if it's true that they never won a divy one flag,who cares i am sure they don't because they built life long friendship's and you know what they weren't bad blokes after all,any way piss off back to the southern site..

Reading on another website that former sunshine player Stenhouse has signed at Sandhurst in the Bendigo FL for big coin

Just for the record LSD or any other substance was never a problem at the Districts or the Colts fella.Pity some other clubs cant say the same eh !!!!!!!! Your right Districts never won a first Div flag but they were top 2 or 3 most years in a comp against far superior sides to the absoloute shit you are beating today,but you wouldnt know that because you were struggling to beat shit in 2nd div, i know because i was playing with Districts at the time where were you playing ? If you read my last post properly i wasnt trying to compare Districts D2 flag to Citys current efforts.What i was pointing out was you comparing City to Colts was way off the mark because clubs like them and South Districts dont necessarily rely on success on field to be the great clubs they are.They build their clubs on mateship and character and most importantly the character of the people in them from President to blokes running water in the 2s.Lifelong friendships are forged and blokes remain staunch.Seriously doubt City was built on these qualities so as far as comparing goes maybe Tooronga Malvern would be a fairer comparison to your club.Thats what my memory tells me anyway.Anyway Wrfl blokes are going to get pissed with all this SFL talk on their thread so i will give it a spell but fu-ck im glad i played with 2 REALLY great clubs in the Colts and Districts.

Enough of the crap that has been posted latley.

13 weeks to go til Round 1
Spotswood V Hoppers Crossing
St Albans V Albion
Port Melbourne Colts V Sunshine
Glenorden V Yarra \ Seddon Eagles
Altona V West Footscray

Some great games in Round 1 and anything could happen with the results.

Round 2 seems to be a bit more clear cut.
Sunshine V Glenorden
Hoppers Crossing V Altona
Yarra \ Seddon Eagles V Spotswood
West Footscray V St Albans
Albion V Port Melbourne Colts

How are grounds holding up with this recent hot weather.
Are any clubs able to get on grounds for practice matches.

Hopefully this will start off some enlightening writing and thus better reading.

St Albans V Albion
Altona V West Footscray

Round 2 seems to be a bit more clear cut.
Sunshine V Glenorden
Hoppers Crossing V Altona
Yarra \ Seddon Eagles V Spotswood
West Footscray V St Albans
Albion V Port Melbourne Colts

How are grounds holding up with this recent hot weather.
Are any clubs able to get on grounds for practice matches.

Hopefully this will start off some enlightening writing and thus better reading.

Round 1 is a cracker.

Hoppers have picked up some quality so I will take them over Spotty, Albion also look the goods so I am tipping them in a boilover over St.Albans, The cats have some real quality in Zavalas and Knez in the side. Colts to strong for Sunshine, 10+ goals, Altona by 15+ goals against Wests and Glenorden over Yarra by 5 goals.

Good round 1 lads.

Round 1 does seem to be a pretty even draw but I must say that I am surprised that they are not starting the year with Spotswood vs Port Colts grand final rematch, I thought that this would have been automatic. Could be an interesting game between Yarra and Glenorden if a few defections from Yarra to Glenorden happen.

Yarra's ground is getting redone, they are ripping out the old grass and putting in the summer grass that tends to stay green during the summer and goes brown in the winter, much like the Western Bulldogs ground. The problem with this grass is when it does rain it starts to die. Seems like cricket is getting priority over footy.

Bring on the footy.

St Albans V Albion
Altona V West Footscray

Thought you mite have enjoyed reading the sprays i have been copping.
Just sobered up from celebrating that premiership hey???
I spoke to your mate RONALD and he told me to congratulate you.
Good move appointing Ben Kelly as coach think he will do a terrific
job.
COOKIE who are the the big guns hoppers have picked up??? i have heard whispers on doug thomas, murphy from bulldogs but think think they will need a few more after getting flogged in the finals, although they are always a hard side to beat.
As for the colts we have lost some big guns and some great experience in Caddy,lindsay and webb,not to many pick ups as of yet but are talking to some very handy players and if we can get 2 or 3 we are confident we will be right up there again.
Bring on the season...........GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

Mastropasqua has gone already. not sure where. had offered himself around to a number of clubs. heard either Marby, Avondale or St Bernards. Also Douglas isnt sure yet. Been offered plenty to head to Wedderburn with his good mate Stenna but hasnt made a decision yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back