Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Thought you mite have enjoyed reading the sprays i have been copping.
Just sobered up from celebrating that premiership hey???
I spoke to your mate RONALD and he told me to congratulate you.
Good move appointing Ben Kelly as coach think he will do a terrific
job.
COOKIE who are the the big guns hoppers have picked up??? i have heard whispers on doug thomas, murphy from bulldogs but think think they will need a few more after getting flogged in the finals, although they are always a hard side to beat.
As for the colts we have lost some big guns and some great experience in Caddy,lindsay and webb,not to many pick ups as of yet but are talking to some very handy players and if we can get 2 or 3 we are confident we will be right up there again.
Bring on the season...........GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

So Lindsay has left again,what a great clubman he has been for the colts,word at hogans rd long ago was that he was looking to leave for money again,did he win your best clubman award.

So Lindsay has left again,what a great clubman he has been for the colts,word at hogans rd long ago was that he was looking to leave for money again,did he win your best clubman award.

Lindsay has been a great servent of the club,whatever way you want to look at 3 time bnf and a runner up 1 premiership and a herb pascal,the only problem is he has some abbo in him and he goes walk about.
I'm sure he will be a fine addition to st.kilda city.

Lindsay has been a great servent of the club,whatever way you want to look at 3 time bnf and a runner up 1 premiership and a herb pascal,the only problem is he has some abbo in him and he goes walk about.
I'm sure he will be a fine addition to st.kilda city.
you are joking rock coming from the same bloke that give lindsay a spray at one of your awards nights.

you are joking rock coming from the same bloke that give lindsay a spray at one of your awards nights.

Never give him any spray at any awards night although we have given each other a few on the ground but in the heat of a game it happens.
The point was he has been a great player of the club,at this years bnf i said he was the best player at the club i had played with,i wish i was copping them kind of sprays.
Can't say i'm happy his gone though of course i wished we held on to him but he is looking to play with his mate and maybe better opportunities for work.No hard feelings and we as a club will move forward, we have a great nucleus of players that we have held onto for a number of years and some really good young players coming through.

ROCK are you guys holding onto McGregor or will he be returning to Reservoir in the Northern League?

da vinci...just read all your little comments..u must be the biggest computer geek ever and a massive twos player or else you must be one of those arm chair critics who hasnt even sniffed a football in his life... any danger of you getting a job or somethin and maybe just maybe thinking of taking up a sport, i hear table tennis is non contact.. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
your new nickname will be mr magoo.............................

Never give him any spray at any awards night although we have given each other a few on the ground but in the heat of a game it happens.
The point was he has been a great player of the club,at this years bnf i said he was the best player at the club i had played with,i wish i was copping them kind of sprays.
Can't say i'm happy his gone though of course i wished we held on to him but he is looking to play with his mate and maybe better opportunities for work.No hard feelings and we as a club will move forward, we have a great nucleus of players that we have held onto for a number of years and some really good young players coming through.

I thought with out ( what i have heard )spilling the beans that you blokes bent over backward's haha and gave him a spot on the wharf,Mr Clarke you are flogging your log saying all the best to a money hungary person,gees caddy webb and a few more,i am backing you blokes to struggle to make the final's,maybe the munchkin obe may have to pull on the boots.
GO HOPPER'S,if we don't finish second at least behind Spotty,i will bare my arse at the final's..

I thought with out ( what i have heard )spilling the beans that you blokes bent over backward's haha and gave him a spot on the wharf,Mr Clarke you are flogging your log saying all the best to a money hungary person,gees caddy webb and a few more,i am backing you blokes to struggle to make the final's,maybe the munchkin obe may have to pull on the boots.
GO HOPPER'S,if we don't finish second at least behind Spotty,i will bare my arse at the final's..

Try keeping pace with the facts, bully. Jl has not worked on the wharf for a couple of years. He is an Electrician by trade and is doing quite well in his chosen profession. Caddy as posted previously played at the colts for considerbly less than he could get elsewhere. His departure is based on the time he spends away from his family. Living out in the sticks makes for a long drive either way. It took him 1.5 hours to get to Werribbe for example. Having a young family you could understand that it makes sense for the big fella to play closer to home. As for Fabian, he is after all 34 and has chronic knee problems. I'm sure he could be coaxed out of retirement to play on you for a game or too if push came to shove. He owes this little munchkin a favour or too and it would give us much pleasure to se you play with the bravado that you show behing your pc.

Keep slugging away champ ,14 weeks to round one, so keep up the good work. One thing you can be sure of , is - win ,loose or draw we will have a go, unlike your mob...........enough said

Try keeping pace with the facts, bully. Jl has not worked on the wharf for a couple of years. He is an Electrician by trade and is doing quite well in his chosen profession. Caddy as posted previously played at the colts for considerbly less than he could get elsewhere. His departure is based on the time he spends away from his family. Living out in the sticks makes for a long drive either way. It took him 1.5 hours to get to Werribbe for example. Having a young family you could understand that it makes sense for the big fella to play closer to home. As for Fabian, he is after all 34 and has chronic knee problems. I'm sure he could be coaxed out of retirement to play on you for a game or too if push came to shove. He owes this little munchkin a favour or too and it would give us much pleasure to se you play with the bravado that you show behing your pc.

Keep slugging away champ ,14 weeks to round one, so keep up the good work. One thing you can be sure of , is - win ,loose or draw we will have a go, unlike your mob...........enough said

Knew webby from when he had a short stint with us,agree from what i saw when we played colts he served you well although last years granny from what i saw ,and not liking either side,was it wise picking webby,is the bald headed goose cooper staying...

No doubting that it's my favourite pastime.If lindsay was so money hungry he would never have comeback in the first place and has not left to earn more money believe that or not.
We will be just as good if not better,just wait and see i will guarantee we play finals again,that will make 11 finals series in 12 yrs no one can match that.........love or hate us you can not knock that record.

COOKIE who are the the big guns hoppers have picked up??? i have heard whispers on doug thomas, murphy from bulldogs but think think they will need a few more after getting flogged in the finals, although they are always a hard side to beat.

I am not a Hoppers person so I dont know them all by name but the boys I do know should be A class players in the WRFL.

Murphy was a listed Dogs player and was always classy at Cannons, will probably be if not the premier player in the league one of the top 4 or 5, Chris Barry is the same, a bloke called Downey who should kick plenty of goals for them and Doug Thomas will add some real grit to their midfield.

In saying that I am sure they have picked up others, can any Hoppers blokes on here give some info?? I only know the above from VFL and TAC days!!!

I still think Albion have picked up some top shelf footballers, Knez will run muck in the league, lock him in for wingman team of the year.

Not long to go though boyd.

I am not a Hoppers person so I dont know them all by name but the boys I do know should be A class players in the WRFL.

Murphy was a listed Dogs player and was always classy at Cannons, will probably be if not the premier player in the league one of the top 4 or 5, Chris Barry is the same, a bloke called Downey who should kick plenty of goals for them and Doug Thomas will add some real grit to their midfield.

In saying that I am sure they have picked up others, can any Hoppers blokes on here give some info?? I only know the above from VFL and TAC days!!!

I still think Albion have picked up some top shelf footballers, Knez will run muck in the league, lock him in for wingman team of the year.

Not long to go though boyd.

you're yet to reveal your club cookie33, are you going to let us all know where your playing or would you rather keep it in house

you're yet to reveal your club cookie33, are you going to let us all know where your playing or would you rather keep it in house

Ill keep it in house for the moment, depending on how the team goes and if I can get a kick will play a big part in me revealing my identity haha. If I go out on a Saturday and not touch the pill then I would like to keep my self away from the abuse some cop on here.

Hopefully we play finals thats all I will say :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubting that it's my favourite pastime.If lindsay was so money hungry he would never have comeback in the first place and has not left to earn more money believe that or not.
We will be just as good if not better,just wait and see i will guarantee we play finals again,that will make 11 finals series in 12 yrs no one can match that.........love or hate us you can not knock that record.

I think Spotswood have only missed 1 finals sereis since 1990

I think that maybe correct. I think it was 96

Spotty i recall also missed either 99 or 2000 or both,but no doubting spotty have been a great club but also if they have played in so many final series and to win only 1 premiership that is a bit ordinary i my opinion Where as parkside and port colts perform very well when they get there.

Natural you are dreaming or havent watched a game in 8-9 years,
Not sure what the set is against StKilda City but they have been in Divvy 1 for 8 out 9 years played in 3 divvy one grand finals won 2 and the side they
had would have beaten both WRFL Grand finalists who were good teams by 6 -8 goals and I watched both Grand Finals the SFL, GF was a level above western,I think all comps are struggling for depth, StKilda City also beat a full strength Seaford by 6 goals who won MPNFL GF, preseason as well as Donvale EFL Divvy 1, I have been an avid SFL follower for years and this time I disagree with ya buddy, the StKilda CIty side was one of the better metro sides Ive seen

Surely you don't judge a whole competition on 1 match tho?
It's all subjective, becuase what you class as a good game may be totally different to other blokes.
It's like the '05 AFL grand-final, most people thought it was a ripper cos it was close all day and high pressure, but then I also speak to people who thought it was no good because it was defensive and low-scoring.
It's very hard to judge leagues against other leagues.

quick footy question:

I know that the start of the 07 season for WRFL was on time, and we were one of the few leagues that were allowed to begin on time given the water restrictions (i think there were only two that were allowed to). Does anyone know how close we were to being delayed??

Given where we sit now with water (or the lack of) I expect this same issue will come up again in a couple of months time. Any thoughts on the potential delay?? Will a reduced season be a good thing or bad thing?? Or would you rather play a full season that finishes later into the year?

Anyone get any injuries last year they thought could be attributed to the harder grounds??

quick footy question:

I know that the start of the 07 season for WRFL was on time, and we were one of the few leagues that were allowed to begin on time given the water restrictions (i think there were only two that were allowed to). Does anyone know how close we were to being delayed??

Given where we sit now with water (or the lack of) I expect this same issue will come up again in a couple of months time. Any thoughts on the potential delay?? Will a reduced season be a good thing or bad thing?? Or would you rather play a full season that finishes later into the year?

Anyone get any injuries last year they thought could be attributed to the harder grounds??

We might be able to have that beer this year silky....... When do West play your side?

Surely you don't judge a whole competition on 1 match tho?
It's all subjective, becuase what you class as a good game may be totally different to other blokes.
It's like the '05 AFL grand-final, most people thought it was a ripper cos it was close all day and high pressure, but then I also speak to people who thought it was no good because it was defensive and low-scoring.
It's very hard to judge leagues against other leagues.

The only way you can go close to comparing leagues is interleague round robin weekends where they square off. and i know even this isnt a accurate representation. Just on this topic how many of the blokes throughout the league would be interested in playing in a team of the year/interleague style team vs other leagues?????????????????????????????????

The only way you can go close to comparing leagues is interleague round robin weekends where they square off. and i know even this isnt a accurate representation. Just on this topic how many of the blokes throughout the league would be interested in playing in a team of the year/interleague style team vs other leagues?????????????????????????????????

I like the idea but i just don't see it happening unfortunately. The biggest question is when would it occur? People wouldn't wanna do it pre/during the season, so it would only naturally have to happen post season. There would have to be some big financial incentives if this was to occur i would imagine. With people moving between leagues more requent than the changing weather there just isn't enough rivally to inspire players to risk themselves in these sorts of matches. same reason why state of origin has been scrapped (apart from this year obviously) is becasue the home and away season is much more important, and the prestige of representing a state or league is not worth the risk.

I like the idea but i just don't see it happening unfortunately. The biggest question is when would it occur? People wouldn't wanna do it pre/during the season, so it would only naturally have to happen post season. There would have to be some big financial incentives if this was to occur i would imagine. With people moving between leagues more requent than the changing weather there just isn't enough rivally to inspire players to risk themselves in these sorts of matches. same reason why state of origin has been scrapped (apart from this year obviously) is becasue the home and away season is much more important, and the prestige of representing a state or league is not worth the risk.

this is very true but im talking mroe of a football victoria initiative i mean have like a weekend during the year whereby a state wide bye or something goes down. a division one metro division 2 metro div one rural div 2 rural. pool type competition the winners take whatever prize footy vic throws up then at the end of the year have a one off game rural vs metro champ div 1&2. 2 like super cups plenty of money to be made by afl victoria. At the moment theres no prestige in the league because theres no reason to have one. if u got shalacked and ure league was the laughing stock of your mates however u mite put a lil more in. u could even have promotion and relegation from the pools form year to year. as i said i know its not gunna happen but would be good. i was involved with the 18s interleague this year and there was a fair bit of pride floating round in that game from our boys once u make the team and the players pull on the jumper no-one wants to lose.

this is very true but im talking mroe of a football victoria initiative i mean have like a weekend during the year whereby a state wide bye or something goes down. a division one metro division 2 metro div one rural div 2 rural. pool type competition the winners take whatever prize footy vic throws up then at the end of the year have a one off game rural vs metro champ div 1&2. 2 like super cups plenty of money to be made by afl victoria. At the moment theres no prestige in the league because theres no reason to have one. if u got shalacked and ure league was the laughing stock of your mates however u mite put a lil more in. u could even have promotion and relegation from the pools form year to year. as i said i know its not gunna happen but would be good. i was involved with the 18s interleague this year and there was a fair bit of pride floating round in that game from our boys once u make the team and the players pull on the jumper no-one wants to lose.

yeah would be good to play in, i would love to......but not sure how many would play unless they were getting good coin per game. football is no longer just a game its becoming an occupation.......

just on another topic, has an offical div1 fixture been released?? and is the break weekend still the week before queens birthday long weekend or has that been rectified?????

yeah would be good to play in, i would love to......but not sure how many would play unless they were getting good coin per game. football is no longer just a game its becoming an occupation.......

just on another topic, has an offical div1 fixture been released?? and is the break weekend still the week before queens birthday long weekend or has that been rectified?????

Not sure how official it is but I have got a fixture of our games for next year.

Round 9 played on 31 May and Round 10 on 14 June. Hence there are no games on the long weekend.

You wont have to worry about playing in that game Brad Hardie, not unless its the 'Biggest loser' competition between leagues................ I agree that footy is becomming a 2nd job to a lot of players but surely guys wouldnt want/expect to get paid for playing in a rep game? The honour and privilege would have to be enought to want to play. You probably would want a bit of cabbage given that you get paid to train and show up to functions being the V.I.P you are.

We are playing the Queens birthday long weekend so no lady-boys in Thailand for you big balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back