Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

hey rock maybe you should play sammy hoath at full forward... push yourself out to a flank, and play the hit up forward...
That would mean clarke would either have to handball (never going to happen) or U-Turn towards goal (against team rules) Nuh....No chance of that happening.

That would mean clarke would either have to handball (never going to happen) or U-Turn towards goal (against team rules) Nuh....No chance of that happening.

what the hell is a handball????? surely it's not a knew thing,can someone help me at with a description.

To old to slow mate, i will play ff in the two's you should know i'm finished

Hey Rock where do you see young Jase Perkins playing this year. I heard he should have played more games last year but the COS was against it.

Hey Rock where do you see young Jase Perkins playing this year. I heard he should have played more games last year but the COS was against it.

I think he could play any where from the centre forward, but i think there will be more pressure on players to get a spot and keep it this year, which is a great position for the club to be in.
When are you getting down there? maybe this friday a bbq and a cold beer there for you.....

Dont ask crackers what it is, he wont be able to help you.

beazer, i think it's time for you and crackers to start your own thread then you can share your love for one another with a bit of privacy

beazer, i think it's time for you and crackers to start your own thread then you can share your love for one another with a bit of privacy

we want the whole world to know how in love we dont need privacy

Is that little sh#t Marc Carruso playing for ALBION this year or has he gone to his 4th new club in 4 years.....

Odds for WRFL Flag 2008 Update

Spotswood easing out to 4 to 1, Port Colts significant losses in Webb & Caddy 8 to 1, Sunshine Kangas easing out 14 to 1 due to no key forward,

Albion 18 to One due to losses of last years Captain and vice captain's will need a whole new leadership group. Picked up Clint Foremen from the Eagles. Clint should have a major impact in the two's

Hoppers Crossing price fiming at 9 to, Good signings. Looking to realease the handbag tag
St Albans 20 to 1 in five points the Goatherders won't accept ordinary perfomances this year otherwise its curtains for Billy, Altona Vicking's 60 to 1, Glenordinary - Made more phone calls than Eddie MCguire pre season, chasing anyone who has experience with holding a football. Signed Dean Chandler from the Eagles. Lives in Richmond and playing at Glenorden. Make sense

Eagles 150 to 1 with two significant signings this week, Roosters 10,000 to 1 looking to bring through some junior talent

i heard a rumour the the eagles may be folding any truth?

it seems like their losing a hell of a lot of players and replacing them with nothing

I think he could play any where from the centre forward, but i think there will be more pressure on players to get a spot and keep it this year, which is a great position for the club to be in.
When are you getting down there? maybe this friday a bbq and a cold beer there for you.....
jase is a very talented footballer, should play majority of the year in the ones as long as his ankles can hold up imo. Seen him play in the ones this year on one occasion and did well held his own with the boddies, pace ect. Wrfl player of the future and can not seeing him leaving the colts, which is good to see some home bread talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard a rumour the the eagles may be folding any truth?

it seems like their losing a hell of a lot of players and replacing them with nothing

Type Writer....They have lost two players, one to Glenorden Dean Chandler six clubs and his only 21 and Clint Foremen to Albion will be active at 12.00 every Saturday in the seconds, this is hardly a reason to toss it in.......get back to your office duties and don't listen to bullshit rumours

Thats great you 2 cats have came out the closet does that make 11 cats in the 1s at spotty ? ;)

Ive been wanting to let the footballing world know that I putt from the rough so there it is................ Doesnt say much for the rest of the comp then if a team with 11 cats can win a flag. Obviuously your team could do with a few of our 'cats'.

Some news out of Sunshine.

INS: Foley, Mentha at this stage. Possibly a few more from down the bush, and are speaking to others apparently. Hope to have this sorted pretty soon I'd imagine.
OUTS: Douglas (Wedderburn), Sonogan (Wedderburn Reserves), Mastropasqua (Avondale), Comer (Unsure but has bought a house on the other side of town).

Some fairly big names there leaving the Kangas, but Foley and Mentha are in my opinion in the best 10-15 footballers in the league. Hopefully we can pick up a few more in the next few weeks. I reckon a goalkicker and a ruckman would be what we need most. Any news from other clubs?

INS: Foley, Mentha at this stage. Possibly a few more from down the bush, and are speaking to others apparently. Hope to have this sorted pretty soon I'd imagine.
OUTS: Douglas (Wedderburn), Sonogan (Wedderburn Reserves), Mastropasqua (Avondale), Comer (Unsure but has bought a house on the other side of town).

Some fairly big names there leaving the Kangas, but Foley and Mentha are in my opinion in the best 10-15 footballers in the league. Hopefully we can pick up a few more in the next few weeks. I reckon a goalkicker and a ruckman would be what we need most. Any news from other clubs?

Fairly even ins and outs. Probably worse off by a bit, but that's obvious in the loss of Douglas. Bit of a change to your midfield structure i imagine, how do you think this will affect your game plan?

Cabs i think your right there mentha and foley will be great additions and to be honest better ins than what you have lost, although a ruckmen is what you really need and maybe foley can play forward and be the goal kicker you need, he is more than capable.

Yeh Rock i agree there. Foley could play Centre Half Forward and would be a nightmare to match up on. Prob the second fittest bloke at our club. Goring could play Centre Half Back where i reckon hes at his best. A ruckman is the problem. We can play Millar, who is a quality ruckman but we have absolutely no one to give him a rest. Maybe we will have to play a smaller mobile ruckman, like a Goring.
Percy it was only really Rusty who played constantly on the ball last year. He is a massive loss, but then again whoever he played on during the year often had 30 touches themselves, as seen in the final with Turner. Comer was down back for most of the year but he provided plenty of drive. We have plenty of guys who can run through there though. Travvy, Acreman, McGoldrick, Foley, Mentha, Connor, Harrison and a few others. I think our midfield is our strength, but will rely heavily on if we get another quality ruckman.

Fairly even ins and outs. Probably worse off by a bit, but that's obvious in the loss of Douglas. Bit of a change to your midfield structure i imagine, how do you think this will affect your game plan?

Foley and mentha are two big ins. Foley is going to be a gem, extremely versatile can play in pretty much any position on the ground. His inclusions and Gorings continued development will enable us to push Millar into the ruck. Another ruckman to compliment millar would be fantastic though.

Mentha too is going to give us a good strong edge through the middle of the ground. Some of the games he played with us last year were top notch.

Douglas is a loss however there are blokes in our team that would be loving the opportunity to spend more time in the midfield. Josh Linton, chippy connor would be two main ones.

Also scotty mac would certainly spend more time in the guts. Probably only played 40% of his minutes in the midfield last year, so i am sure he will get more time in there if fully fit.

The ace in the pack is Joel Harrison. Had a hill session with him over the weekend and he is coming good.

If we land another couple of players to mould what we already have (currently in discussions with a group of three from the Hampton League, a group of three from the O&M and a country league rep full back), i am sure we will be thereabouts, if not stronger than last year.

Type Writer....They have lost two players, one to Glenorden Dean Chandler six clubs and his only 21 and Clint Foremen to Albion will be active at 12.00 every Saturday in the seconds, this is hardly a reason to toss it in.......get back to your office duties and don't listen to bullshit rumours

don't think yarra can afford to lose any players at this stage, they seem to lose a few every year but not much talent coming into the club maybe div 2 would be a better option short term to ensure a future long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back