Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

by looking at the numbers at eagles training in the last couple of weeks there is no hope they will be fielding a side in 2008. no more than 10-12 players and out of that probably 5 senior players at the most. unless clubs agree to play no wings and no pockets the eagles are struggling.

good 2 c u agree they were snipers! and who cares about the league 10 years ago! if we wipe out that snipes out of our league the WRFL clubs could attact alot more quaitly players which would imporved the league and make much more enteraining footy 2 watch

Firstly I am tipping that after being harassed by knuckle heads on a footy ground anyone is in title to retaliate every now and then....as far as the WRFL is concerned is more tame and footy oriented now than its ever been - Not sure what games you've been watching

[wasting peoples reading time.

How about we follow on from CABS and post ins and outs of your club and what type of players your team needs, get back onto talking footy.

Agree with that, lets talk footy,not long now til we all get underway.
COLTS
ins
sam hoath[fwd/ruckmen]
Adrian Pardridge[midfielder from tasmania,won the baldock medal best playerin the ntfl]
Daniel mullett[ntfl tassie,utility]
robbie whittmar[edfl/kilmore,chf]
nick rutley[h/b,from efl],wafl
kaine williams[hoppers,utility]
We are also speaking to a couple of talls that will play f/back,chb from edfl and some midfielders from echuca,along with some quality youngsters coming through,we believe it's the best list we have had in 5 years.
outs
saul caddy[greenvale]
j.caddy[grensborough]
j.lindsay[st.kilda city]
f.webb[retired]
All huge losses,lots of experience class and 5 bnf between them,and alot of premierships, but as i said above we should be able to cover them with some quality recruits.

Rock a few Questions - Given its 'possibly' your best list in 5 years whats your prediction on wins/losses after the 5th round and whats unacceptable?
- how many of last years 1's might see themselves kicking around in the 2's for the first couple of weeks or more?
- Any chance of a prac. match with St. Kilda City (reckon you'd get a good crowd and maybe an opportunity for a fund raiser)

None of these players could be replaced but we will have decent players coming in that will do the job in their own way.
Lindsay is not a sniper nor is webb so just leave it at that,i played and coached them both alot and they get worse than they ever give and are always going at the ball, both very courageous.

Webb is a pain in the ass as an opposition player but i agree that he always copped a lot of sh!t as well. I couldn't say there are too many players in this league that go out every week unprovacted and try to smash people. It's a lot cleaner then it has been. Everyone is quick to jump on board and call these players 'snipers' but it is usually these guys that week in and week out cop the most shit all around the game all day.
Webb was always a quality player who if left by himself always found that loose ball on the wing or half back and dominated as a linkage player. Becasue of this blokes tried to be enforces and shut him down, which usually led to one of them copping the short end of the stick.
Same as someone like lindsay..guys like him don't need to be snipers, cause they usually already have the ball. The only reason they see themeslf in retaliatory positions is because they are targetted constatly by everyone for being dominating players.
Football is in a fair position right now and the cleanest it has ever been. If you don't want to be on the recieving end of a beating then just focus on the ball and play fair. You don't have to be a big man to be courageous.

Now can we f#ck this issue off??

Does anyone know what praccy matches they have lined up for the future?

Rock a few Questions - Given its 'possibly' your best list in 5 years whats your prediction on wins/losses after the 5th round and whats unacceptable?
- how many of last years 1's might see themselves kicking around in the 2's for the first couple of weeks or more?
- Any chance of a prac. match with St. Kilda City (reckon you'd get a good crowd and maybe an opportunity for a fund raiser)

I woul love to play st.kilda city but just don't think it's a good idea i'm sure things would get a little hostile.
Well not to concred on win loss after round 5 our aim is to finish top 3 and then win a premiership.
I'm sure there will be a couple of senior players running around in the two's and vice versa.
This list will be more disciplined,fitter and play more as a team than we have had in the past and it's my fault it never happened in the previous years, not any players that have moved on.
Everyone will put a postitive spin on there training but i can honestly say it's the most positive, enthusiastic and determined group we have had in 5 years, i know that doesn't nessesarly mean we will improve and win a flag but i have no doubt that we have the group that is more than capable of doing it.

About that praccy match good friday at our ground is our only free week so if you guys are interested let me know!!!!
I think with your list you won't need a praccy match to win the flag although i have heard the sfl is the best metro comp going around,although i disagree if st.pauls were runners up, but that's just my opinion.

Webb is a pain in the ass as an opposition player but i agree that he always copped a lot of sh!t as well. I couldn't say there are too many players in this league that go out every week unprovacted and try to smash people. It's a lot cleaner then it has been. Everyone is quick to jump on board and call these players 'snipers' but it is usually these guys that week in and week out cop the most shit all around the game all day.
Webb was always a quality player who if left by himself always found that loose ball on the wing or half back and dominated as a linkage player. Becasue of this blokes tried to be enforces and shut him down, which usually led to one of them copping the short end of the stick.
Same as someone like lindsay..guys like him don't need to be snipers, cause they usually already have the ball. The only reason they see themeslf in retaliatory positions is because they are targetted constatly by everyone for being dominating players.
Football is in a fair position right now and the cleanest it has ever been. If you don't want to be on the recieving end of a beating then just focus on the ball and play fair. You don't have to be a big man to be courageous.

Great post percy

[wasting peoples reading time.

How about we follow on from CABS and post ins and outs of your club and what type of players your team needs, get back onto talking footy.

Agree with that, lets talk footy,not long now til we all get underway.
COLTS
ins
sam hoath[fwd/ruckmen]
Adrian Pardridge[midfielder from tasmania,won the baldock medal best playerin the ntfl]
Daniel mullett[ntfl tassie,utility]
robbie whittmar[edfl/kilmore,chf]
nick rutley[h/b,from efl],wafl
kaine williams[hoppers,utility]
We are also speaking to a couple of talls that will play f/back,chb from edfl and some midfielders from echuca,along with some quality youngsters coming through,we believe it's the best list we have had in 5 years.
outs
saul caddy[greenvale]
j.caddy[grensborough]
j.lindsay[st.kilda city]
f.webb[retired]
All huge losses,lots of experience class and 5 bnf between them,and alot of premierships, but as i said above we should be able to cover them with some quality recruits.
interesting to see Kaine Williams move on from hoppers seeing that he was a junior there, this kid can play is a silky player but hasnt really showed his potential but maybe a new club is what he needed.
Clarkey can you see him being a regular senior player this year

by looking at the numbers at eagles training in the last couple of weeks there is no hope they will be fielding a side in 2008. no more than 10-12 players and out of that probably 5 senior players at the most. unless clubs agree to play no wings and no pockets the eagles are struggling.

I think you will find the numbers have been around 15-20 for the eagles and yes not many senior players, but this has been on the improve over the last week and will continue as players come back from holidays and with some key signings either just been finalised or in the process of being finalised the numbers will rise considerably.

So why are you watching training still milkin and not training yourself, wouldn't be fishing for a better offer would you?

As has been stated before just wait until the season starts before judging. Its not what you hear that counts but what you know that counts.

Well said Perc, season 08 cant come quick enough.

interesting to see Kaine Williams move on from hoppers seeing that he was a junior there, this kid can play is a silky player but hasnt really showed his potential but maybe a new club is what he needed.

Pretty sure we were chasing Williams too. Quality player, really silky, in the Steve Johnson mould. We were pretty confident of getting him, but apparently his old man wanted him to play at Colts. Good get for them.

Pretty sure we were chasing Williams too. Quality player, really silky, in the Steve Johnson mould. We were pretty confident of getting him, but apparently his old man wanted him to play at Colts. Good get for them.

sorry cabs, but you are pretty close to the mark. Kanes and Boofs dads are good mates, hence the above.

thats makes us one apeice, after you winning scottys signature last year.

Cheers

hey josh how are ya i think Comer is a bigger lose than people think for you blokes he adds the run of the half back and i thought he was clearly bog against us last year when he dominated the first half (even though your whole team did) but then he went onto Spooner in the 2nd half and cut him out as well. is xavier hayes playing this year

Hows your pre season going obe?
Doing a few run throughs with the boys??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hows your pre season going obe?
Doing a few run throughs with the boys??

Started slowly trav, its been another big end of year , started my pre season with a harbour bridge climb on sunday , now on a strict seafood diet so I am expecting to trim down by finals time.

Thanks for asking

ps - my belly gives me somewhere to rest the white board on so I am in a bit of a quandry as to whether I am doing the right thing or not.

No doubt he can be regular senior player,i'm not sure why he was not playing seniors at hoppers last year after playing in their gf team in 06, personally i think that hoppers team was a better side than spotty in 07.
So if he gets fit and he is hungry i'm sure he will play seniors and will be a very good fit into our forward line or off the wing but as i have said in a previous post all players will be under pressure to keep their spots with the quality of depth this year.

[I woul love to play st.kilda city but just don't think it's a good idea i'm sure things would get a little hostile.Well not to concred [/B][/B][/B]on win loss after round 5 our aim is to finish top 3 and then win a premiership.
I'm sure there will be a couple of senior players running around in the two's and vice versa.
This list will be more disciplined,fitter and play more as a team than we have had in the past and it's my fault it never happened in the previous years, not any players that have moved on.
Everyone will put a postitive spin on there training but i can honestly say it's the most positive, enthusiastic and determined group we have had in 5 years, i know that doesn't nessesarly mean we will improve and win a flag but i have no doubt that we have the group that is more than capable of doing it.

It is the obvious thing to play Port Colts in a praccy game, both really good local teams with plenty of rivalry, run by the same council etc,etc,but as you said probably not feasible due to player movements, it would generate plenty of cash & interest, possibly we can call a truce and get it done next year.

Also, bigger picture stuff, seeing your dominating that comp and its on the decline for depth why wouldnt you consider moving comps to Southern after all you are an original SESFL club and are in the south not the west. Have you been approached? it would make good sense.

[I woul love to play st.kilda city but just don't think it's a good idea i'm sure things would get a little hostile.Well not to concred [/b][/b][/b]on win loss after round 5 our aim is to finish top 3 and then win a premiership.

It is the obvious thing to play Port Colts in a praccy game, both really good local teams with plenty of rivalry, run by the same council etc,etc,but as you said probably not feasible due to player movements, it would generate plenty of cash & interest, possibly we can call a truce and get it done next year.

Also, bigger picture stuff, seeing your dominating that comp and its on the decline for depth why wouldnt you consider moving comps to Southern after all you are an original SESFL club and are in the south not the west. Have you been approached? it would make good sense.
Not sure the praccy game btwn these 2 wld be a good idea, both supporters too passionate, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the colts play the districts in a night praccy game once? was there any trouble? I agree would attract a big crowd though

hey josh how are ya i think Comer is a bigger lose than people think for you blokes he adds the run of the half back and i thought he was clearly bog against us last year when he dominated the first half (even though your whole team did) but then he went onto Spooner in the 2nd half and cut him out as well. is xavier hayes playing this year

Yeh bear comer is a gun. Gives plenty of run off half back, but we worry sometimes when he runs in to trouble and goes in circles haha. He came third in the BnF this year so will leave a big hole. Plays tall and small. Yeh Xaves been having a run. Hes actually looking pretty fit and i dare say his kicking has improved. Could be handy for us this year with his agression. Hows Ryan Edwards going down there? Has he trained yet?

[I woul love to play st.kilda city but just don't think it's a good idea i'm sure things would get a little hostile.Well not to concred [/b][/b][/b]on win loss after round 5 our aim is to finish top 3 and then win a premiership.

There is no doubt that st.kilda city will be an awesome team in the sfl but your dreaming if you think it is better than the wrfl,we have played st.paul numerous times and beaten them easily and once when we didn't start til after half time,either way this arguement is and will never be proven.
Also where did you get the idea that the wrfl is on the slide???just because j .lindsay has gone to play with you does not mean anything to be homest i believe the comp is on the improve and you will see the bottom teams close the gap.
As for st.kilda city they better start planning when houston walks out on them i'm positive your side will slide down the ladder very quickly,it will be impossible to keep all those recruits,and after reading some articles what that bloke done to his last club,didn't even turn up to presentation nite after winning the flag and has never been back in the club since the grand final nite celebrations......must be a top bloke,with no affiliiation to the saints it won't be long till he ruins that club also,which will be a shame in my opinion.

[

I think it could still get done this year,the player movements are not the reason it would get hostile we have no drama with lindsay playing there and tasiyan left 3 years ago now so probs their and you guys recruited o'neill from strathmore the only thing is there are a few of our boys don't like some boys from the saints but i'm sure we would all put that aside and just play footy.... i say let's do it we will work around you guys so get back to me with a date....cheers

There is no doubt that st.kilda city will be an awesome team in the sfl but your dreaming if you think it is better than the wrfl,we have played st.paul numerous times and beaten them easily and once when we didn't start til after half time,either way this arguement is and will never be proven.
Also where did you get the idea that the wrfl is on the slide???just because j .lindsay has gone to play with you does not mean anything to be homest i believe the comp is on the improve and you will see the bottom teams close the gap.
As for st.kilda city they better start planning when houston walks out on them i'm positive your side will slide down the ladder very quickly,it will be impossible to keep all those recruits,and after reading some articles what that bloke done to his last club,didn't even turn up to presentation nite after winning the flag and has never been back in the club since the grand final nite celebrations......must be a top bloke,with no affiliiation to the saints it won't be long till he ruins that club also,which will be a shame in my opinion.

Couple of things, never said SFL was better than WRFL, I said it was declining from a depth point of view,which by the way has been said on this forum by more than 1 person, realistically there wouldnt be much between the top 3 - 4 sides in each comp , but the bottom 4 divvy 1 sides in western were terrible(southern there is 1 bunny).There is no doubt all comps go through it.

As far as the coach goes you are way off the mark, in regards to his last club and what was written.Just to inform you he will probably be around
for at least 3 - 5 years, plus we were pretty competitive prior to his arrival apart from 1 season.Anyway thats a discussion for another day,probably get to one of your early games.He has beeen publicly assisinated on all chatrooms , yet not one of the article or comments has been true.

Mate thats a bit rich about planning,considering the patch the colts went through in early 2000's same thing when the money dried up, it happens to all clubs.
It was more a compliment to your success as to why I asked the question
if you had been approached to join Southern.
JL has nothing to do with the questions I asked he made it quite clear
he was on the move after the season and we were more than happy to have him, plus we never recruited a happy player from you blokes.
When do you kick off and who do you play rounds 1 & 2

[

I think it could still get done this year,the player movements are not the reason it would get hostile we have no drama with lindsay playing there and tasiyan left 3 years ago now so probs their and you guys recruited o'neill from strathmore the only thing is there are a few of our boys don't like some boys from the saints but i'm sure we would all put that aside and just play footy.... i say let's do it we will work around you guys so get back to me with a date....cheers

I'll call ya this arvo!

Couple of things, never said SFL was better than WRFL, I said it was declining from a depth point of view,which by the way has been said on this forum by more than 1 person, realistically there wouldnt be much between the top 3 - 4 sides in each comp , but the bottom 4 divvy 1 sides in western were terrible(southern there is 1 bunny).There is no doubt all comps go through it.

As far as the coach goes you are way off the mark, in regards to his last club and what was written.Just to inform you he will probably be around
for at least 3 - 5 years, plus we were pretty competitive prior to his arrival apart from 1 season.Anyway thats a discussion for another day,probably get to one of your early games.He has beeen publicly assisinated on all chatrooms , yet not one of the article or comments has been true.

Mate thats a bit rich about planning,considering the patch the colts went through in early 2000's same thing when the money dried up, it happens to all clubs.
It was more a compliment to your success as to why I asked the question
if you had been approached to join Southern.
JL has nothing to do with the questions I asked he made it quite clear
he was on the move after the season and we were more than happy to have him, plus we never recruited a happy player from you blokes.
When do you kick off and who do you play rounds 1 & 2

Well tasiyan left sooking and when we visited him at his house he said he could no longer play with certain players and they now play with you so let's see how that unfolds, he also wanted to play forward but i seen him as the best backmen in the comp,you can't please everyone, as for hutchy well he has moved on from you also but with lindsay if he has told you he is unhappy well maybe he should have told us first, he is a great player probably the best i have played with, but if he has a problem with the colts he should say it not you running tales causing trouble for him .

Couple of things, never said SFL was better than WRFL,

As far as the coach goes you are way off the mark,

Surely you were meaning it was better,if you were not then why would we consider moving comps????

The things i have read about richard were written in the local papers not what i read on big footy and it was quoted from the president of the last footy club he was at, i don't know the guy but an ordinary effort you must admitt,i hope he doesn't do the same to your club.
You also said how we went down one year when we lost a sponsor that is why we have put things in place so we are not reliant on one big sponsor and we don't pay over our set budget of around 60k.
ST.KILDA city are a great club and i hope you do well and not for a second do i not like the club because ex colts players are there if anything i take a keen interest for then to do well,so don't try and make out that we are bitter about it or try get into an argument which comp is better, basically i don't care but good luck this year i'm sure with the talent you have put together you will win the flag easily.

Couple of things, never said SFL was better than WRFL,

As far as the coach goes you are way off the mark,

Surely you were meaning it was better,if you were not then why would we consider moving comps????

The things i have read about richard were written in the local papers not what i read on big footy and it was quoted from the president of the last footy club he was at, i don't know the guy but an ordinary effort you must admitt,i hope he doesn't do the same to your club.
You also said how we went down one year when we lost a sponsor that is why we have put things in place so we are not reliant on one big sponsor and we don't pay over our set budget of around 60k.
ST.KILDA city are a great club and i hope you do well and not for a second do i not like the club because ex colts players are there if anything i take a keen interest for then to do well,so don't try and make out that we are bitter about it or try get into an argument which comp is better, basically i don't care but good luck this year i'm sure with the talent you have put together you will win the flag easily.

No doubt what you are doing is working and yourselves are a great traditional footy club with plenty of dash, we've bantered enough
and Iwill clear or clarify the couple of pointers this arvo, didnt try to upset or label anyone just. The papers write a lot of crap about Houston of which none was true. As far as Taz goes, not aware of hi sissues never discussed them with him (thanks for the enlightment)now Adrian thats a story for later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back