Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

who are the guys coaching west footscray this year
and have they got any recruits to be competetive in divvy 1

Shane Geddes & Paul Smith

No names released at this stage. Some good numbers at training. Should go ok.

good numbers you are kidding blueboy, there getting 5-10 blokes a night, they will get smashed this year and if you think different your a fool, most of the west boys are saying they will get smashed

good numbers you are kidding blueboy, there getting 5-10 blokes a night, they will get smashed this year and if you think different your a fool, most of the west boys are saying they will get smashed

It's a hard task for a Div 2 club to come into Div 1 and be competitive.
West were obviously far and away the best side in Div 2 last year, but when you look at their list that played the grand final, there were a few players that dominated that were past their peak...
Only young players who really did well were Kadour and McGhie. The other good players, D'Ambrosio, et al, are at least early 30's to mid 30's and getting slower.

It's going to take a minor miracle for them to avoid the drop back to Div 2, but I'm happy to sit here in Newcastle and be proven wrong :)

who are the guys coaching west footscray this year
and have they got any recruits to be competetive in divvy 1

A couple of guys crossing over from Melton Centrals, no idea as to the qaulity though. They havent come to training yet due to cricket committments.

Heard Parkside had 33 at training tonight...not a bad turn out for a club that had its numbers dwindle in 07!

Justin Dorwood did not attend and has apparently signed at Albion?
Not sure how much of that is truth though....
:confused:

Heard Parkside had 33 at training tonight...not a bad turn out for a club that had its numbers dwindle in 07!

How many of those 33 can actually play though? You weren't counting the coaches and trainers as well were you?
Nah only kidding mate good to see Parkside aren't going to fall off the radar. It's a shame when clubs with so much history crumble.

A couple of guys crossing over from Melton Centrals, no idea as to the qaulity though. They havent come to training yet due to cricket committments.

a couple fro melton centrals that will help they won 2 games last year in the Rdfl ?
good luck :thumbsu:

Please leave the abuse - name calling - and off topic crap out of this thread.

Bannings, infractions and account cancellations will apply for those who continue to abuse and can't stay on topic.

im picking west footscray wont win a game and if they do it will only be against yarraville, becuase they havnt picked up anyone really and i think they will lose nearly half of there team from last year, glenorden and altona look like getting stronger and better, and parksides team near the end of last year would of beaten west granny team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:

Can anyone tell me if jimmy hollow has signed at st albans yet? or if he's just training with them while he's making up his mind

Hi guys Im looking for a club to play for this year can I get some info on what teams are good and what the guys are like from that club. im a tall forward around 6f 4.

Think you mean south mate all centrals boys happy where thy are!

im picking west footscray wont win a game and if they do it will only be against yarraville, becuase they havnt picked up anyone really and i think they will lose nearly half of there team from last year, glenorden and altona look like getting stronger and better, and parksides team near the end of last year would of beaten west granny team

I also heard today that West and Yarraville are really struggling for numbers at training. Hopefully they will be right to go come season time but the signs don't look good.

More clearances on the WRFL website. Bunworth gone from Wyndhamvale to Sunshine. Very good division 2 player. Bit of an outrider, but good pace, skills and eye for a goal. Probably play on the wing.

j.d to albion.... thats old news , his clearance is already up on the wrfl website . i heard smitty might have to play this year to fill in the numbers for the twos and he thinks his a chance for the b&f down at the sandpit ...... i mean west footscray

Just wondering who teams are playing in their praccy matches?????
Also would any wrfl divvy 1 teams be interested in playing us [port colts] on the 8th of march seniors and reserves.We will play any team that is interested and are happy to play away,please pm me thanks.

More clearances on the WRFL website. Bunworth gone from Wyndhamvale to Sunshine. Very good division 2 player. Bit of an outrider, but good pace, skills and eye for a goal. Probably play on the wing.

Definently a good pick up for Sunny. I played a halfa dozen games with Vales last season and was very impressed with Bunny. I agree with comments above red devil, a quick, smart footballer with excellent skills and doesn't mind a goal. A good bloke too. Hope he goes well at Sunny in Div one as he was certainly too good for Div 2. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back