Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

ROUND ONE TIPS
Altona def W.Foots - 60 points
Glen Orden def Yarrville- 78 points
Colts Def Sunshine - 46 Points
Hoppers Def Spotswood- 22 Points
Albion Def StAlbans- 27 Points

Interesting, and how do you make your assumptions for these selections?
According to this site, you would assume that altona and Glenorden would win by walk over, hoppers and spotswood should be alot closer, and not alot of mail on St Albans.
If the colts win by 46 points, how many will Rock kick?

According to this site, you would assume that altona and Glenorden would win by walk over, hoppers and spotswood should be alot closer, and not alot of mail on St Albans.

Rock will not play til round 4, the players have decided to carry him one more year but only against bottom sides to hopefully build his confidence and then maybe see if he can finally get a kick in a finals game.

they are just random predictions some games could be closer. but i don't think sunshine will get within 4 goals of the colts at this stage. I don't play for either side, i am a fan of port melbourne, and have watched port in a practice, but from the looks of the list printed on the site, sunshine havn't done much recruiting, only a few young guys. sunshines best this year will be metha by a mile! many others on the team evanly spread.

as for port the recruitment of late danny jacobs will boast not only a fantastic preseason and list, but probably the best group of players the club has had for at least 7 years.

Hoppers will be dangeous and I agree with yourself Stalbans havn't said much, and also havn't heard a team for Albion both these two teams could be darkhorses for the top 3. and i think albion could be the team to look out for. but i still think they are at least 4-5 goals behind the likes of the colts and hoppers for 2008.

not much positive talk about yarraiville and w.footscray as you mentioned so we don't really know how bad or how much they are struggling until round one.

as for altona and glen orden who have both had fantastic division 2 results.. last year was the start of a long road, i believe in 3-4 years these teams will be amongst the top teams espically altona with such fine youth coming through, but for now still a building process for them..

I am really interested to hear more on Spotswood, Albion and St Albans.
can anyone for either sides predict the team to run out round one??

they are just random predictions some games could be closer. but i don't think sunshine will get within 4 goals of the colts at this stage. I don't play for either side, i am a fan of port melbourne, and have watched port in a practice, but from the looks of the list printed on the site, sunshine havn't done much recruiting, only a few young guys. sunshines best this year will be metha by a mile! many others on the team evanly spread.

Not too sure about this mate. Mentha, Foley with VFL experience. You can also include Lyons and Bunworth who are currently on VFL lists. Morgan King, more then handy CHF in the league and Thorny if he gets cleared. Kairns, a fullback of the year from the Riddell league. And then we have some quality young kids from division 2 who look like they will fit in well. All have tryed out for Werribee VFL. Also Tom Hill from the country who will hold down a defensive spot, and Josh Olver who is a quality midfielder from the Northern Bullants. I reckon we have done probably as much recruiting as any other side.

Not too sure about this mate. Mentha, Foley with VFL experience. You can also include Lyons and Bunworth who are currently on VFL lists. Morgan King, more then handy CHF in the league and Thorny if he gets cleared. Kairns, a fullback of the year from the Riddell league. And then we have some quality young kids from division 2 who look like they will fit in well. All have tryed out for Werribee VFL. Also Tom Hill from the country who will hold down a defensive spot, and Josh Olver who is a quality midfielder from the Northern Bullants. I reckon we have done probably as much recruiting as any other side.

Generally when a player moves from a Div 2 club to a Div 1 club people tend to assume that they will be no good or perhaps just average. Bunworth has been a Good Div 2 player for a few years (probably just outside the top 10 in the comp). Somehow (and good on him) he has made his way on to a VFL list and all of a sudden he is considered a Good Get for Sunshine?

This should help the hoppers image...the tatta do make you tougher...lol
Looks like hoppers will be a very formidable outfit this year.
Can moody ruck??? or who is doing the ruck work down there??? is venner or bekker still there?

We have a game against knox this week, they are first div eastern, so should be a solid hit out.
If we can get through this week without injury will be close to full strength and looking forward to taking on sunshine at home in 11 days.
Saw Moody play in BFL with Darley 2S.Doubt hes good enough 2 play regular senior footy.

So what you are saying, they will be a good team if they actually get to know each other and none of the VFL listed players have to play VFL?

I s that seniors or ressies???
As for the blokes from div 2 you would think they will help with depth but doubt they could be match winners going up a level.
You have certainly done well with recruiting and i'm sure you will improve on last year, will certainly push top 3.

As for the blokes from div 2 you would think they will help with depth but doubt they could be match winners going up a level.
You have certainly done well with recruiting and i'm sure you will improve on last year, will certainly push top 3.
Wouldn't be to concerned about OLVER not to sure when he was on bullants list if that is even true?! He played the majority of last season in the 2's in the ballarat league and struggled there.

Yeah, i remember all the talk when that rozen mc wig from Glenordan was coming up to first division that he was going to set the world on fire. Guess what he has not lived up to the lofty standards that was promised by all the so called experts.

So what you are saying, they will be a good team if they actually get to know each other and none of the VFL listed players have to play VFL?

Get to know each other? We have been training together for months now, and how would our new guys struggle to get to know each other more so then any other teams new recruits? I just stated the guys we have signed this year, i doubt we will have Lyons and possibly Quinn for many games throughout the year. Interesting that blokes wanna pot Sunshines pick ups, yet dont give credit for the recruits of King, Mentha and Foley coming back. Also Rock, these div 2 guys arent expected to be match winners, just want a solid contribution from them which i think they are all capable of.

Yeah, i remember all the talk when that rozen mc wig from Glenordan was coming up to first division that he was going to set the world on fire. Guess what he has not lived up to the lofty standards that was promised by all the so called experts.

I think we did OK with a Division 2 recruit from West Footscray a couple of years ago. Runner-up in our B&F last year................Keiran Murphy:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Rozenwig was a very talented, yet fat full forward in Div.2. Unless he got fit he was never going to do much damage in Div.1.

Sunshine have recruited young guys on the up, so I think things will be different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Moody play in BFL with Darley 2S.Doubt hes good enough 2 play regular senior footy.

He would have only played 2s a few years back, only started playing the game at 21 or 22, he is a monster of a man probably 193cm and 95 kgs and all muscle, he comes from a Rugby background so he only knows one way and that is straight and hard. Big Moose towled the CHF from the Bees on Thursday who was supposed to be one of best for them, will no doubt become a premier back in the comp this season.

ROUND ONE TIPS
Altona def W.Foots - 60 points
Glen Orden def Yarrville- 78 points
Colts Def Sunshine - 46 Points
Hoppers Def Spotswood- 22 Points
Albion Def StAlbans- 27 Points

This result will see Glenorden and Altona ontop after round 1.

Altona def W.Foots - 16 points
Glen Orden def Yarrville- 16 points
Sunshine Def Colts - 4 Points
Hoppers Def Spotswood- 18 Points
StAlbans Def Albion - 17 Points

I took sunshine so i wasn't sitting on the fence but is a flip of a coin that game!

GLENROY F.C are looking for a practice match on SAT 29th or SUN 30th AWAY.
If interested please contact ASH MANNING - 0403 135 355

So after Easter, are there any updates on teams?
There have been plenty of comments on Sunshine and Port (could be the greatest team in recent history)
How are Glenorden looking compared to last year, does West have numbers for two teams now, are Yarraville/Seddon improving on the numbers side and are the contracted players going to play, what are St Albans hoping for this season and how many of Altona's players are listed with VFL sides??
Also is Spotty's oval really no good, or is it a good rumor?

There have been plenty of comments on Sunshine and Port (could be the greatest team in recent history)
How are Glenorden looking compared to last year, does West have numbers for two teams now, are Yarraville/Seddon improving on the numbers side and are the contracted players going to play, what are St Albans hoping for this season and how many of Altona's players are listed with VFL sides??

just a rumor bout spottys ground, we trained there last night and its in good nick. we have a pratice match there this week against rowville and we will be probably picking our best side, should be a good test to see where we are really at heading into round 1

Drove past yarra oval last night and was about 40 on the track so numbers look good, not sure about west.. any news.

just a rumor bout spottys ground, we trained there last night and its in good nick. we have a pratice match there this week against rowville and we will be probably picking our best side, should be a good test to see where we are really at heading into round 1

So you will probably be playing Jensen?

so can we expect a full report after the match, or are no scores going to be kept like th Darley game?

Drove past yarra oval last night and was about 40 on the track so numbers look good, not sure about west.. any news.

you must have a high riding car, didn't know you could see to much of the ground when you drive past........

it is 100% as of yesterday afternoon that all players "contracted" are free to go. wrfl has said this supposed contract is not binding and yaraville cannot hold them back on it. i'm sure you've herd this alredy chest?

it is 100% as of yesterday afternoon that all players "contracted" are free to go. wrfl has said this supposed contract is not binding and yaraville cannot hold them back on it. i'm sure you've herd this alredy chest?

That is an interesting precedent set by the league.... they would then be saying that a player who signs with a club, that is signed by both parties means that either party is not required to abide by this, and are free to move on.
They might want to tidy that up, doesn't make sense......
Look out, if a player from any club gets dropped, and isn't happy with the club, the wrfl says that under these circumstances, they are free to shop around as a contract isn't binding?????

so can we expect a full report after the match, or are no scores going to be kept like th Darley game?

scores did get kept against darley, we won by about 4 goals i think, didnt actually see the final scores but i would say thats pretty close to the mark.....i can give u a report if u like, or u could come down and watch us in action and give us ur own report.

and yeah jensen will play he is definatley in our best side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back