Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

touch of class said:
sunline would you have believed someone if they told you at the start of the year that when you play port the 2nd time that you would be playing against saul caddy and kane cooper in the same team not sure how long you were in the valley but these to went to war against each other since they were kids and now are teammates good friends with genuine respect for each other so when they learn each others game it could be a very unstoppable combination as you would know the footy they are capable of playing when firing

I played in the valley last year. The answer to your question is, NO. Who would have thought Saul and Kane would've left the clubs that they both played premierships for, especially Saul who won a premiership so recently with the bulldogs. Both deffinately can play and will be an asset to the Colts, but anyone is stopable on there day.

Travvy43 said:
Very sad for seddon and the WRFL however some of their decisions with their recruiting did raise eyebrows with many. Paying 200 a game to a kid who still has a year to play in the U18's (with no div 2 senior experience, let alone div 1) has to make you wander about some of the decisions that were taking place.

But i do still hope that in some way a merger with Yarraville can take place, maybe it will be the Yarraville Hawks in 2007.

i understand where you're coming from travvy but what options did they have when they don't have juniors, let's it face their fascilities are terrible(crossing the road, tiny change rooms & joint showers) so the only way to get young players is throw a bit of coin at them
it just shows you need juniors so there are new players coming through each year and you can build on that, look at your side at the moment, definitely benefiting fromm some good junior teams would you agree

cold pies said:
quite right sunline you didn't mention 50% i heard that elsewhere but if we had of kicked straight when we played you clarke's 6 goals would have been irrelevant, by the way you guys kicked 19.4 that day have you been able to maintain that level of accuracy in front of the sticks
just for the record mcnaulty, brannan, winters, twomey, massis, debruyn and webb have all kicked multiple goals this year and now we have caddy so we do have a lot of goal kickers as do every good team but when big strawbs is having such a good year you make the most of it, i don't think we're too reliant on him we're just cashing in on his good form

Fair call.

cold pies said:
i understand where you're coming from travvy but what options did they have when they don't have juniors, let's it face their fascilities are terrible(crossing the road, tiny change rooms & joint showers) so the only way to get young players is throw a bit of coin at them
it just shows you need juniors so there are new players coming through each year and you can build on that, look at your side at the moment, definitely benefiting fromm some good junior teams would you agree

Yeah that is fair enough, i guess throwing that sort of money at an untried 17 year old only signifies the extent of their problems.

Travvy43 said:
Yeah that is fair enough, i guess throwing that sort of money at an untried 17 year old only signifies the extent of their problems.

Never good to see a side fold, but if they're doing stuff like that, there's a fair chance they reap what they sow. Bad luck for my mate who plays at Seddon, he'll be disappointed to get back from his trip o/s to find he no longer has a club...

sunline 11 said:
I played in the valley last year. The answer to your question is, NO. Who would have thought Saul and Kane would've left the clubs that they both played premierships for, especially Saul who won a premiership so recently with the bulldogs. Both deffinately can play and will be an asset to the Colts, but anyone is stopable on there day.

both players werent happy at thier old clubs and felt it was time for a change and both couldnt be happier at port as for anyone being stopable the hoppers backline couldnt mantain the colts forwards last meeting with 40 shots at goal now you throw saul into the mix who in my belief was easily 1 of the dvfl best players and i think if teams are going to stop him you would need 2 players but then what about the other 5 blokes down there especially clark who was very unstopable last time you played

DekkaRoo said:
Should the league enforce mergers ? eg, North/West Footscray, Seddon/Yarraville??

Obe1,

Tell me... with teams like Central Altona, Western Magpies, Brunswick power and Nth Sunshine all bottom dwellers in Div 2.... you really think the league would look at merging West and North Footscray??????? I dont thinks so.

I think realistic mergers could be Centrals and Western Magpies, Brunswick to fold and I guess Nth Sunshine to try and rebuild.

With Seddon now folding, I dont think a merger is possible with Yarraville now... I think Seddon could end up a fogotten side like Brooklyn, Kealba, Newport ect.

No way known North and West Footscray will merge. They are both doing well on and off field by all reports and have strong teams. Logistically, if they were both struggling it would make sense.

As for the Centrals and Western Magpies, it was proposed that if both teams had trouble filling two teams that they would merge for at least the season, or something along those lines at the start of the year. However, the Magpies finally have their 18's up and would probably be banking on retaining a number of their players.

Who knows though... they've had some decent youngsters as well as players who have left to other clubs - either for money or a chance to win games.

I personally would not be in favour of merging these two teams however, despite the fact that due to location it makes sense - Central Altona have way too many bellends both playing and spectating. I wouldn't want them to fold however, as they've been a good team in the past.

Brunswick are rooted, agree with you there. They've forfeited their reserves 3 times already this season and their seniors are not competitive enough. They have no juniors either. They should just pull out. I believe they're pretty much just a club for the aboriginal community in that area to have an organised kick around?

North Sunshine - perhaps them and Heights would be candidates?

Seddon/Yarraville - weren't they already Seddon/Yarraville at one stage? Or was that just juniors? I remember playing against them as a junior, they have that ground with the hill/slant and where you have to cross the road to get to the ground. Don't like seeing a club fold at suburban level which has history, but good riddance to that ****ing ground if it's the one in question.

Anyway, as for Port Colts guys - I see Grant Millen is listed as a reserves player, I am wondering if he is a bloke about 190 cms tall, blonde hair, fairly solid build who played under 16's with Western Magpies and under 18's with Hoppers Crossing. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Travvy43 - Craig Wells at your club, is he also the same bloke who played for Magpies as a junior, is he a shortish dark skinned fellow? If he is, how is he going?

If you guys could help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

clicketyclix said:
others entitled to perceptions i suppose, alot of perceptions on hx

sth melb market dimmies are gold and could sway anyone to play pay him a dozen a game

young ones at hoppers not just making up the numbers ryan,miles,koutsa,crowder,brierty,williams,murphy,b.montebruno all u/19
I think Saul got a bag of lollies as well, hes on a bonus

Mr Clicketyclix that Williams looks like he can play was he at any VFL did he play TAC 18s, and is Murphy only young thought he was in his 20s, how many of them young blokes in your best side Mr Clix, and be honest.

Spurling Reserve said:
Travvy43 - Craig Wells at your club, is he also the same bloke who played for Magpies as a junior, is he a shortish dark skinned fellow? If he is, how is he going?

Yeah Wellsy has been running around with the kangas this year. He had shoulder surgey late last year and missed the first few games. He played in the ones against the colts however is back down in the twos at the moment. Had a rippa first half in the twos last week and is consistenly among the best players. HArd at it and for his size is relatively strong mark overhead.

sunline 11 said:
I don't remember mentioning anything about 50% of goals in any of my posts!. Yes you did kick 20 goals against us, but like the fact that I mentioned, if you take Clarke's 6 goals out, you would have lost that game, like many others. Don't get upset bronco27, wrflfan and madpie, I wasn't trying to insult your "fearless leader", I was just throwing the question back that was asked by wrflfan.
Then l threw it back to you and took your question on and answered it and then you dont answer mine so go back and read it again and do the right thing and answer it please dont tell me Hoppers is rubbing off on you already. Ha ha

Travvy43 said:
Yeah Wellsy has been running around with the kangas this year. He had shoulder surgey late last year and missed the first few games. He played in the ones against the colts however is back down in the twos at the moment. Had a rippa first half in the twos last week and is consistenly among the best players. HArd at it and for his size is relatively strong mark overhead.

Thanks, I'm glad that he's able to show his talent at a worthy level. He's a good honest player and unless he's changed dramtically from when I played/went to school with him he's a good bloke too. Never was a super athlete and is not big at all, but gives his best always. Thanks for your response and hopefully he can break into the firsts again.

Spurling Reserve said:
No way known North and West Footscray will merge. They are both doing well on and off field by all reports and have strong teams. Logistically, if they were both struggling it would make sense.

As for the Centrals and Western Magpies, it was proposed that if both teams had trouble filling two teams that they would merge for at least the season, or something along those lines at the start of the year. However, the Magpies finally have their 18's up and would probably be banking on retaining a number of their players.

Who knows though... they've had some decent youngsters as well as players who have left to other clubs - either for money or a chance to win games.

I personally would not be in favour of merging these two teams however, despite the fact that due to location it makes sense - Central Altona have way too many bellends both playing and spectating. I wouldn't want them to fold however, as they've been a good team in the past.

Brunswick are rooted, agree with you there. They've forfeited their reserves 3 times already this season and their seniors are not competitive enough. They have no juniors either. They should just pull out. I believe they're pretty much just a club for the aboriginal community in that area to have an organised kick around?

North Sunshine - perhaps them and Heights would be candidates?

Seddon/Yarraville - weren't they already Seddon/Yarraville at one stage? Or was that just juniors? I remember playing against them as a junior, they have that ground with the hill/slant and where you have to cross the road to get to the ground. Don't like seeing a club fold at suburban level which has history, but good riddance to that ****ing ground if it's the one in question.

Anyway, as for Port Colts guys - I see Grant Millen is listed as a reserves player, I am wondering if he is a bloke about 190 cms tall, blonde hair, fairly solid build who played under 16's with Western Magpies and under 18's with Hoppers Crossing. Can anyone shed some light on this?

If you guys could help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah thats the right Grant, he has played senior for the last 4-5 weeks l think and has been a massive asset to our team. He did a great job on Pattie Davis on the weekend which was a massive effort and went along way to us winning.
Big unit and nice bloke seems to be loving it down at the Colts

Great write up good to see blokes put some effort in

WRFLfan said:
Yeah thats the right Grant, he has played senior for the last 4-5 weeks l think and has been a massive asset to our team. He did a great job on Pattie Davis on the weekend which was a massive effort and went along way to us winning.
Big unit and nice bloke seems to be loving it down at the Colts

Great write up good to see blokes put some effort in

I'm not sure what he did between under 18's and now, but he only played his first year of football top age 16's I believe, but he has an excellent size, strong hands and can kick the ball a fair distance. Hopefully he can carry on his good form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the Port Colts seniors and reserves have anything planned for this Saturday such as an intra-club practice match??

WRFLfan said:
Then l threw it back to you and took your question on and answered it and then you dont answer mine so go back and read it again and do the right thing and answer it please dont tell me Hoppers is rubbing off on you already. Ha ha

What was the question?.

knowing the boys training will be saturday night at blue should be a hard hit out with most blokes pushing there body to the limits so then im sure this dedicated bunch will have a big recovery session like the 1 i herd they had last week will be intresting though as they have a couple of good games in the next few weeks with thier opponets vying for a finals birth

WRFLfan said:
I think Saul got a bag of lollies as well, hes on a bonus

Mr Clicketyclix that Williams looks like he can play was he at any VFL did he play TAC 18s, and is Murphy only young thought he was in his 20s, how many of them young blokes in your best side Mr Clix, and be honest.

kano played a handful of games at the jets and is currently sidelines with a strained hip flexor, good young player that has a heap of room for improvement. murph played at west foots last year straight from the wbee u/18's. the guys that have been the regular 1's koutsa,ryan,crowder,murphy,miles. williams,brierty and b.monty have played 3 games each but have missed some due to injury or suspension in the twos earlier in the year. honest

clicketyclix said:
kano played a handful of games at the jets and is currently sidelines with a strained hip flexor, good young player that has a heap of room for improvement. murph played at west foots last year straight from the wbee u/18's. the guys that have been the regular 1's koutsa,ryan,crowder,murphy,miles. williams,brierty and b.monty have played 3 games each but have missed some due to injury or suspension in the twos earlier in the year. honest

Is reece miles jai's younger brother?

If so, what happened to jai miles? Is he still playing anywhere? Apparently he wasn't a bad player as a junior.

Spurling Reserve said:
Is reece miles jai's younger brother?

If so, what happened to jai miles? Is he still playing anywhere? Apparently he wasn't a bad player as a junior.

no relation, jai spent the last 2 years at wbee vfl and battled, now playing at lalor with another journeyman tobias bray

Dekkari said:
Should the league enforce mergers ? eg, North/West Footscray, Seddon/Yarraville??

Obe1,

Tell me... with teams like Central Altona, Western Magpies, Brunswick power and Nth Sunshine all bottom dwellers in Div 2.... you really think the league would look at merging West and North Footscray??????? I dont thinks so.

Dekkadoo my boy , you have been running around in the two's in divvy two for too long. The above four tems could all merge together and still not have the on and off field strength to be competitive in Divvy One.

The examples I used were of the four clubs that have been strong D1 Clubs at some time or another and through circumstances known only to them, have not been able to regain there previous strengths, If your merger went ahead and you returned to D1 the weaker teams in D2 would therefore be more competitive amongst the remaining teams ( baring Glenarden that is) in that division.

clicketyclix said:
no relation, jai spent the last 2 years at wbee vfl and battled, now playing at lalor with another journeyman tobias bray

Toby Bray left lalor and returned to Craigeburn a couple of weeks ago.

Nice to know you have been following my career over the years Obe1, Did you miss the past few year though????

If you guys could help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

The Grant at colts is the one you described.

DekkaRoo said:
Nice to know you have been following my career over the years Obe1, Did you miss the past few year though????

Your club must be in more trouble than I thought......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back