Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

WRFLfan said:
Hes unfournately staying in the bush you will be pleased to know, but back next year for sure, we ha d aguy train with us last night what about you guys anything?

No movements, pretty settled.

ROCK07 said:
Firstly trav if they bring two sides up it will take it to 11 teams,the league do not want that nor do we nothing worse than not playing.

Yeah good point, so now with seddon gone, no teams will be relegated.

sunline 11 said:
Fair call WRFLfan, if the league had said that Seddon folded you can probably cop the fact the suspension would carry over, to a round that is worth 4 points. Because the wording is "forfiet", that means the game still exists and 4 points are awarded to the club that is willing to turn up. Therefore I think it's a rediculous ruleing.
We had a player Fabien Webb that was offered the week for tripping and took as his wasnt able to play the following week due to soreness, and now has to sit out two weeks thats a joke

ROCK07 said:
Firstly trav if they bring two sides up it will take it to 11 teams,the league do not want that nor do we nothing worse than not playing.

Now to sunline11 saying that im the 'fearless leader' is way off mate.
My biggest fear is losing to hoppers, and thats what drives me and the colts boys to enjoy beating you so much. One thing is true though i have no fear of you,and just hope next time around your on me for 4 quarters and i will kick 8 at least

Tips for this week
st.albansv's SUNSHINE probably game of the week but the mite of the roos will get them over the line by 23pts

yarra v's HOPPERS not a bad effort for the 8th place team to kick 41 goals but they will play a real team this week and loose by 55pts

albion v's PARKS this will be another one sided affair,like last time these two teams played and parkside will win by 12 goals

altona v's SPOTSWOOD this will be closer than people mite think but if spotty want to play finals they better get a win here and im tipping them to win by 21pts

in the last game we should get the 4pts just[what a joke]

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR TEAM AND MAY YOU STAY INJURY FREE!

GO COLTS
Fair spray Sunline you cant just cop that

ROCK07 said:
Now to sunline11 saying that im the 'fearless leader' is way off mate.
My biggest fear is losing to hoppers, and thats what drives me and the colts boys to enjoy beating you so much. One thing is true though i have no fear of you,and just hope next time around your on me for 4 quarters and i will kick 8 at least

I don't think I would get the job on you ROCK, I'm not quite up to playing on a superstar like yourself.

WRFLfan said:
We had a player Fabien Webb that was offered the week for tripping and took as his wasnt able to play the following week due to soreness, and now has to sit out two weeks thats a joke

Why did he take the week and not contest it?, unless it was a blaten trip.

Apart from the obvious (getting smashed week in week out) can anyone give me any info as to why players were leaving seddon? It is a terrible shame to see a club fold like this.

sunline 11 said:
Why did he take the week and not contest it?, unless it was a blaten trip.
like l siad he was injured and it was only Seddon if it was a better team he might have fought it, now its two weeks if it was a top team like you blokes we would be furios, do you understand(might have to start calling you dumbline come on keep up your better than that)

Travvy43 said:
What do you propose the league should ahve done after round three??

Surely you could not expect them to dump seddon from div 1 after three rounds???

what would be the problem if seddon wre relegated after three rounds, at least they would still have a club
is there a side in division 2 who can come up and be competitive, glenorden seem to have been dominant for a while now would they be able to sustain that if div 1
altona dominated last season went through undefeated and although they have shown improvement it has still been a trying year for them
the point i'm trying to make is are we going to be in a similar situation next season, with a team struggling and players dropping off it must be a concern for wrfl officials

tips for this week

HOPPERS v yarraville - too strong the warriors
SPOTSWOOD v altona - will be a contes but spotty will get the points
PARKSIDE v albion - cant see the cats troubling the pies
SUNSHINE v st albans - the kangas are in form and the saints wont stop them
colts have the bye we'll be back next week

cold pies said:
what would be the problem if seddon wre relegated after three rounds, at least they would still have a club
is there a side in division 2 who can come up and be competitive, glenorden seem to have been dominant for a while now would they be able to sustain that if div 1
altona dominated last season went through undefeated and although they have shown improvement it has still been a trying year for them
the point i'm trying to make is are we going to be in a similar situation next season, with a team struggling and players dropping off it must be a concern for wrfl officials

I really dont think relegating a team after three rounds should be something the league looks into. It just sets too shakey of a precendant for following years.

So next year if we have a team that is winless after three rounds, they should be relegated. At what point is a team so bad that they should be relegated after three rounds?? What if the team that are winless after three rounds have played the top three teams, etc etc. There are just way too many what if's and imeasurable variables to take into consideration to even consider something like this.

the seddon situation is a sad case, but really pointing the finger at the WRFL is jsut a cop out from my point of view.

cold pies said:

What could they do though? You can't impose sanctions on clubs and can not force people to play at other teams to balance the competition up. It's a bit concerning. Makes you realise in a way why the AFL have put in drafting and all that other claptrap to equalise the comp.

Any thoughts? Maybe if they put a few more teams up to make it greater than a 8 team comp (such as maybe the top 3 as they're pretty even in Div 2) at least you wont have one team copping beltings every week, there will be some weeks where you can. It will be a 10 team comp then?

Perhaps a stupid solution, but I'm stumped as to what they should do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travvy43 said:
I really dont think relegating a team after three rounds should be something the league looks into. It just sets too shakey of a precendant for following years.

So next year if we have a team that is winless after three rounds, they should be relegated. At what point is a team so bad that they should be relegated after three rounds?? What if the team that are winless after three rounds have played the top three teams, etc etc. There are just way too many what if's and imeasurable variables to take into consideration to even consider something like this.

the seddon situation is a sad case, but really pointing the finger at the WRFL is jsut a cop out from my point of view.

i'm not blaming the league but it is a concern for all clubs that this can happen, is there a solution we really dont know
it could get to the point where somes clubs dont want to come up to 1st division because of fear of this happening to their club
it isn't anyones fault but it definitely sad that they had to fold

Spurling Reserve said:
What could they do though? You can't impose sanctions on clubs and can not force people to play at other teams to balance the competition up. It's a bit concerning. Makes you realise in a way why the AFL have put in drafting and all that other claptrap to equalise the comp.

Any thoughts? Maybe if they put a few more teams up to make it greater than a 8 team comp (such as maybe the top 3 as they're pretty even in Div 2) at least you wont have one team copping beltings every week, there will be some weeks where you can. It will be a 10 team comp then?

Perhaps a stupid solution, but I'm stumped as to what they should do.

your not the only one stumped it's a tough situation isn't it

cold pies said:
your not the only one stumped it's a tough situation isn't it
Altona waited til they had the support and sponsorship and going on playing them and last weeks result they will be there for a while

stiff taking the week and not counting this week as suspended, agree that it is wrong. would of a player from yarraville been suspended this week if been reported last week ?? it has been counted as a forfeited game with no results to stand.

although how dissapointing it is to have seddon not take part in the remainder of the season it certainly leaves the space vacant, as it would have anyway, for a strong div 2 club to take their place and put out a more competitive side on the ground in 2007.

glenorden have been keen to be promoted for some years but cant win a flag but look strong to finally acheive it this year.

what do the colts have planned for the weekend ? training sesion, bonding session, drinking session, big footy reunion, players go watch the sides they played for last week, last year ?:cool:

clicketyclix said:
stiff taking the week and not counting this week as suspended, agree that it is wrong. would of a player from yarraville been suspended this week if been reported last week ?? it has been counted as a forfeited game with no results to stand.

although how dissapointing it is to have seddon not take part in the remainder of the season it certainly leaves the space vacant, as it would have anyway, for a strong div 2 club to take their place and put out a more competitive side on the ground in 2007.

glenorden have been keen to be promoted for some years but cant win a flag but look strong to finally acheive it this year.

what do the colts have planned for the weekend ? training sesion, bonding session, drinking session, big footy reunion, players go watch the sides they played for last week, last year ?:cool:

Well hairy one,this week the boys will have a rest,we had in inras game last nite and we also have some sore bodies so another week off will help them.
Im heading to watch teams that will be our challengers come september,will watch sunshine first half then hoppers second half,no real need to watck parks after playing them last week and also a few boys will go watch spotty.
When u guys have the bye who will phipps venner leatch and the carson boys go watch????

ROCK07 said:
Well hairy one,this week the boys will have a rest,we had in inras game last nite and we also have some sore bodies so another week off will help them.
Im heading to watch teams that will be our challengers come september,will watch sunshine first half then hoppers second half,no real need to watck parks after playing them last week and also a few boys will go watch spotty.
When u guys have the bye who will phipps venner leatch and the carson boys go watch????

ahh nicely played, dunno whos playing in the big league next satdy arvo ?
transport bar should have it televised id reckon

clicketyclix said:

Thats true imagine the top side had them in the last game of the year then they wouldnt have a game for two weeks, good way to go into the last month of the year

Mr Clix, l know im not one to talk about user names(mines low) but where does yours stem from its pretty ordaniry as for your question we might be down there watching the might of Hogans Rd go around in a clinic at Yarraville, as we have bonded over the last 5-8 years if we bonded any,ore it could get nasty haha, no big drinking session as we have some big games coming up and as you know being the hunted you cant let your gaurd down for a week saying that l feel we are the hunters and you guys and Sunshine the hunted when we played you guys youse had afew out so nothing is final on who is the better team as far as im concerned and Parkside.... well there Parkside enough said(they had no Zavalas) footy is a game that involves alot of things go right on the day usally(Hoppers 04). So we ll take it easy and maybe watch you guy and Sunshine for a half go home wake up Sunday feeling fresh, cant wait!

Do you guys change it around at any stage during the game for these matches, theres a dill that plays for Yarravill number 20 something he is a youngish bloke and a complete dill keep an eye out for him he always carries on like he is tough and runs around with the chest out, very entertaining you would have had a run with him before.

Phipps lives around the corner so he told me you cant say hes not local mmm and Venner would go anywhere he nows were his bread is butter, leatch will hangout like on every other Sat and the Carson will be at the Beauty Saloon

clicketyclix said:
ahh nicely played, dunno whos playing in the big league next satdy arvo ?
transport bar should have it televised id reckon
Class venue for blokes from Hoppers oh sorry imports from Hoppers, step up from the Vault

WRFLfan said:
Class venue for blokes from Hoppers oh sorry imports from Hoppers, step up from the Vault

not one for vault personally for the classy establishment it is. with these games you take them on as you would any other and see how it pans out. if you get the chance to rest a few guys or even give guys a fairdinkum chance of getting the ball in there hands you do, blokes may need to be put in cotton wall for half a game and others need a full 4 qtrs but nothing can be taken lightly, i think you understand what i mean....

you must of read my mind as i was only thinking today could savalas been the 2 point diffeernce last week, all hindsight. as to my name just sprung to mind when logging in, ordinary i know but un original like some.................

take it easy with the abuse tomorrow if you make your way down to yarraville:thumbsu:

clicketyclix said:
not one for vault personally for the classy establishment it is. with these games you take them on as you would any other and see how it pans out. if you get the chance to rest a few guys or even give guys a fairdinkum chance of getting the ball in there hands you do, blokes may need to be put in cotton wall for half a game and others need a full 4 qtrs but nothing can be taken lightly, i think you understand what i mean....

you must of read my mind as i was only thinking today could savalas been the 2 point diffeernce last week, all hindsight. as to my name just sprung to mind when logging in, ordinary i know but un original like some.................

take it easy with the abuse tomorrow if you make your way down to yarraville:thumbsu:

CLIX I think your right,savalas would have made the two point difference but what would have happened if we had masis,jacobs,m.bracken and also lost burns and mcbromm at half time?scary thought!

Travvy43 said:
Just a question to ponder....

Will both Div 2 Grand Final teams from this year be promoted to Div 1 for 2007??????
I doubt that would happen the premiers will go up and 2nd division should b made 13 teams with the bye and it would b unfair if the grand finalists went up from div 2 coz then it would mean that altona or yarraville would come down as they would b last

ROCK07 said:
watching the colts intra club match last nite there was a bloke running around in the ruck look pretty good don't know where he come from maybe rock07 can help us out.also seen saul caddy braeking open packs looks like a good footy player.then there was taylor side steping everyone including the country boys that colts have training with them but then came off the field look like a couple of broken fingers could miss three to four weeks lets just hope it's torn ligaments.would be sadly miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back