Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

I will say without any hesitation in this world that last seasons Colts,Hoppers and Spotty would have taken a finals spot away from Avondale Heights who finished 4th, the 3 WRFL clubs are a 5-6 goal better team than AH. Keilor being 3rd is a tough one, but again I would happily take the 2007 sides of the 3 WRFL clubs to outpoint Keilor of 07.

keilor of 07 lost to greenvale by 4 points in the home and away season and if i recall beat colts by 10 goals in a praccy game and were missing alot of star players including picione and condos

I will say without any hesitation in this world that last seasons Colts,Hoppers and Spotty would have taken a finals spot away from Avondale Heights who finished 4th, the 3 WRFL clubs are a 5-6 goal better team than AH. Keilor being 3rd is a tough one, but again I would happily take the 2007 sides of the 3 WRFL clubs to outpoint Keilor of 07.

keillor of 07 lost to greenvale by 4 points in the home and away season and if i recall beat colts by 10 goals in a praccy game and were missing a lot of star players including piccione and condos

Your recount of the practice match is fairly accurate. Keilor were as you say without a few of their better players, although Condos would not have added much to their side. He has a very poor return against the colts.

The Colts side that played on the night is not to be held in the same breath as the one that participated in the finals.

Your recount of the practice match is fairly accurate. Keilor were as you say without a few of their better players, although Condos would not have added much to their side. He has a very poor return against the colts.

The Colts side that played on the night is not to be held in the same breath as the one that participated in the finals.

either was the keilor side, not bagging colts , just making a comment about what someone said that the top 3 wrfl teams would of beat keilor last year, i strongly disagree, iv watched alot of keilor and the wrfl and think that keilor would beat all 3

either was the keilor side, not bagging colts , just making a comment about what someone said that the top 3 wafl teams would of beat keilor last year, i strongly disagree, iv watched a lot of keilor and the world and think that keilor would beat all 3

Neither agree or disagree, I have only watched Keilor train and play from time to time so I am not in a position to really compare the two.

The only real reference points I can use are that of the few players that have played in both comps and how they have performed in each.

either was the keilor side, not bagging colts , just making a comment about what someone said that the top 3 wrfl teams would of beat keilor last year, i strongly disagree, iv watched alot of keilor and the wrfl and think that keilor would beat all 3

Practise games are garbage, Keilor where missing 5-6 out of their finals side that played Colts, I dont know the exact figure but I think Colts had a few more. As I said the Keilor one was a tough one, no doubt that Keilor would be a top 4 side in the WRFL but it is a toss of the coin as to where thet finish 1-4. A more accurate statement probably would have been that Keilor are of the same level as a Hoppers,Colts,Spotty but as I said if given money to back a team I would take the WRFL clubs over Keilor. I am sure though that any of those teams could beat eachother at any given time.

Probably the most accurate unbiased post regarding this age old debat. Cookie if your footy is the equal of your post, maybe we have something else to look forward too. That is if you are the cookie that plays the game as opposed to your other mates????:)

haha cheers mate, smart poster this Cookie fella is huh!

Reading in the local paper Jim Penaluna won the AFL Volenteer of the year award.
Great stalwart of the Colts & we hear a lot about this player, that player & $$$$ etc but IMO every club has an oval, & clubrooms some of the difference maybe the people behind the scenes

Well done Jim

gday lads anybody no much information on a bloke by the name of Rob May. Coach of a club im interested in?

heard that west footscray will go to the league in the next few days to ask to drop down a division.

any truth to that Easy champ?

These rumours have been going on for long enough.
Has anyone at the league got the balls to confront the situation and make a decision on this rabble or does Bones still intimidate Whacky Backy?
The league would look more stupid than it already does to bring anyone in from div 2 now, so maybe West will have to sit out the season.
Bones the legend. Phase 1 of a 5 year plan! Heard he has been hanging around centrelink with a fist full of contracts.

How good is it that footy is now upon us! And well let me tell you that the first match i will be observing is next thursday night!
Spotswood Vs Darley in a practice match.......
going to be very interesting too have a look at spotswood for 2008 and a little incentive to take the hike out that far - Mcghie vs Mcghie......

Has anyone at the league got the balls to confront the situation and make a decision on this rabble or does Bones still intimidate Whacky Backy?
The league would look more stupid than it already does to bring anyone in from div 2 now, so maybe West will have to sit out the season.
Bones the legend. Phase 1 of a 5 year plan! Heard he has been hanging around centrelink with a fist full of contracts.

Bones the legend...........
and what is that you have achieved in your career ? you are potting a bloke that played in 2 afl premierships and coached 3 A grade and 1 B grade premierships. most people would be happy a 1/3 of that over there career. go back to the u18 boared.

My god you people on here are all oxygen thiefs....
I was fortunate enough to play under bones as a junior and he is a bloody ledgend of a bloke and a legend of the football community, All he has every done since being at the top level is support grass roots footy and how many do that after being in the big time...
I feel for west that they are struggling but bones cannot do it all himself and i pay full respect to the man for basically saving West...

PS: Wrapted we snookered Lachie Mcghie though

heard that west footscray will go to the league in the next few days to ask to drop down a division.

any truth to that Easy champ?

From what i know, there will be a meeting monday regarding the situaition. But they do need too go down. No recruits that would improve the team with the amount of players that have been lose and yes, they will probably lose some player from going back a divvy but that's life, if they don't go back you'll be looking at another Seddon/Yarraville club collapse.

personally, if the league doesn't let them go back, they have no idea. No body wants to watch teams win by 40 goals and players don't want to play against teams that they know they are going to bet by that much either. the league needs to do something. Maybe an 8 team 1st divvy, still with a 5 so the league makes there finals cash or follow some of the country league and introduce a point system instead of a salary cap (which would never work in local comps). But i'll call it now, the league will sit on the arse's and do nothing and probably for their hatred for bones, let we$t die in 1 divvy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i know, there will be a meeting monday regarding the situaition. But they do need too go down. No recruits that would improve the team with the amount of players that have been lose and yes, they will probably lose some player from going back a divvy but that's life, if they don't go back you'll be looking at another Seddon/Yarraville club collapse.

personally, if the league doesn't let them go back, they have no idea. No body wants to watch teams win by 40 goals and players don't want to play against teams that they know they are going to bet by that much either. the league needs to do something. Maybe an 8 team 1st divvy, still with a 5 so the league makes there finals cash or follow some of the country league and introduce a point system instead of a salary cap (which would never work in local comps). But i'll call it now, the league will sit on the arse's and do nothing and probably for their hatred for bones, let we$t die in 1 divvy.

Easy Champ, from watching last years granny there wasnt many out there that are up to divy 1 and it is a little too late to get those quality players so close to the season. I think that Divy 2 has to be done and build like Altona did so when you do come up you survive?
I send my appoligies to rooster land for the big steal on lachie mcghie!
Is it alos true his brother Lucas has signed at Darley?

i havnt seen many clearances in.
what happens if u stay down and then all the players that are scared to play Div 1 decide to stay because you are back in Div 2. All of a sudden u are a strong div 2 team and win another one. what then?

the league should make west take their medicine as a lesson to all other clubs.

At colts we got to play our first intra club,which was played with a fair bit of intensity and enthusiasm.Some real good signs ahead for us with some very good young players oming through in huggins and perkins but the new recruits all performed well,NICK RUTLEY was very composed and strong over the footy ADRIAN PARTRIDGE was a standout very comparible to ben kelly of spotswood but partridge would be better over head,SAM HOATH was a standout with speed and athleticism, took some great mark. ROBBIE WITTMAR again looked very promising but his skill were a little rusty but that should come.KAINE WILLIAMS was also very good showed good poise and worked hard took some good grabs and set up some good shots on goal.There was a few that sat the game out but they all should play next week.
Our prediction that we will have our best list in 6 years seems on the money and we look forward to the season ahead.
We are off to corowa next friday for a praccy game on the saturday and some team bonding saturday nite
Any other games coming up for clubs??????

Bones the legend...........
and what is that you have achieved in your career ? you are potting a bloke that played in 2 afl premierships and coached 3 A grade and 1 B grade premierships. most people would be happy a 1/3 of that over there career. go back to the u18 boared.

I think that people's issues with Bones Mcghie are relation to him shooting his mouth off about being ready for Div 1 in 2008, telling people they were already recruiting halfway thru last year for div 1 this year, the 5 year plan (forgot about years 6 onwards) rather than the individual himself. No-one can dispute what he has done in footy and most would be jealous but some of his comments since he has been back at West have been bordering on ridiculous. Unfortunately West recruited heavily to win Divvy 2 in 2007 with Division 2 mercanerys and that short term gain is going to be a massive long term negative for the Roosters. No point winning the flag and a year later this happening to your club.

That's why we probably need to take our hats off to Glen Orden in 2007 who most thought would not win a game (including me), started terribly but improved as the year went on........... At least their players and club had a crack in div 1 unlike our friends from Roosterland who took the $$$$ last year and ran for hills in 2008 from Div1 ......................

I think that people's issues with Bones Mcghie are relation to him shooting his mouth off about being ready for Div 1 in 2008, telling people they were already recruiting halfway thru last year for div 1 this year, the 5 year plan (forgot about years 6 onwards) rather than the individual himself. No-one can dispute what he has done in footy and most would be jealous but some of his comments since he has been back at West have been bordering on ridiculous. Unfortunately West recruited heavily to win Divvy 2 in 2007 with Division 2 mercanerys and that short term gain is going to be a massive long term negative for the Roosters. No point winning the flag and a year later this happening to your club.

That's why we probably need to take our hats off to Glen Orden in 2007 who most thought would not win a game (including me), started terribly but improved as the year went on........... At least their players and club had a crack in div 1 unlike our friends from Roosterland who took the $$$$ last year and ran for hills in 2008 from Div1 ......................

well when you recruit more than half a team from other clubs those players have no loyalty and you think they really care what happens to west , there happy getting paid and winning more flags in divy 2 then struggle in divy 1. until west get a new ground and clubrooms the situation wont change becuse they had the cash but no one wanted to play there

The league gave West the opportunity at the end of the season last year not to come up to Div 1 and leave Parkside in Div 1. West took the opportunity to go up and make Parkside drop down. This has then caused many at Parkside to leave as they don't want to play Div 2 football. If West had said that they didn't want to go up, and yes they did have the chance to say that, then this problem wouldn't be happening.
West wanted to come and they can't and shouldn't go back on thier decission even if they think it was wrong. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, had they recruited players would they be wanting to go back down? the WRFL has to grow some balls and say bad luck to West they stay in Div 1 as they were the ones that wanted to go up not the League forcing them to go up.

practice matches i believe are as follows, dont quote me this is just what ive heard on the grapevine:

Sunshine vs Tongala Saturday 08/03/08

Sunshine vs Bell Park Sunday 16/03/08

Port Colts intra club Tuesday 11/03/08

Hoppers intra club Thursday 13/03/08

Hoppers vs Werribee VFL reserves Thursday 20/03/08

Hoppers vs a team from Northern League unsure who Saturday 29/03/08

Glenorden vs a BFL side (possibly Melton or Melton south) 29/03/08

St Albans are playing a night practice match against someone in the next 2 weeks also.

Sunshine may also be playing Darley. just looking for a suitable ground as Darleys is booked most weekends. Rumour has it there will be a thursday night game.

practice matches i believe are as follows, dont quote me this is just what ive heard on the grapevine:

Sunshine vs Tongala Saturday 08/03/08

Sunshine vs Bell Park Sunday 16/03/08

Port Colts intra club Tuesday 11/03/08

Hoppers intra club Thursday 13/03/08

Hoppers vs Werribee VFL reserves Thursday 20/03/08

Hoppers vs a team from Northern League unsure who Saturday 29/03/08

Glenorden vs a BFL side (possibly Melton or Melton south) 29/03/08

St Albans are playing a night practice match against someone in the next 2 weeks also.

Sunshine may also be playing Darley. just looking for a suitable ground as Darleys is booked most weekends. Rumour has it there will be a thursday night game.

robbie mentha and doug thomas a lot has been spoken about these two. hard nuts apparantley. ive seen a bit of robbie mentha and wondered does he still have those dreadlocks? he just looks crazy that guy. yes he is a hardnut but doesnt get a whole lot of the ball and when he does isnt the most skillful player going around. so is his main value going to be his intimidation factor?

who else are the hard nuts in the competition? ive heard hoppers have picked up some tough players, namely doug thomas being number 1 but also barry from donvale/werribee VFL is very tough ive heard. downey and murphy also apparantley very tough players. add to this adam taylor and david clonan then all of a sudden this soft outfit from last year doesnt look as soft.

noone will get close to the colts in terms of physicality though!

looks like its shaping up for a big season. anyone care to name a player they think is ready to take the next step, maybe someone who didnt do to much last year but you think this year will step up to be a regular good senior player??

whats a hardnut?

At colts we got to play our first intra club,which was played with a fair bit of intensity and enthusiasm.Some real good signs ahead for us with some very good young players oming through in huggins and perkins but the new recruits all performed well,NICK RUTLEY was very composed and strong over the footy ADRIAN PARTRIDGE was a standout very comparible to ben kelly of spotswood but partridge would be better over head,SAM HOATH was a standout with speed and athleticism, took some great mark. ROBBIE WITTMAR again looked very promising but his skill were a little rusty but that should come.KAINE WILLIAMS was also very good showed good poise and worked hard took some good grabs and set up some good shots on goal.There was a few that sat the game out but they all should play next week.
Our prediction that we will have our best list in 6 years seems on the money and we look forward to the season ahead.
We are off to corowa next friday for a praccy game on the saturday and some team bonding saturday nite
Any other games coming up for clubs??????

ben kelly is pretty good overhead dont see him put down too many, would kick plenty if played out of the goal square

SPOTSWOODAFL Queensland State League (Yeronga)Beasley, CameronPending07/03/08

What about Beazer?

He didnt fit into our team structure and culture, he is too slow, fat and foot skills were on the decline last season, also a few alleged incidents involving him, an albion player and two of berwicks finest ladies didnt help his cause. So after a long chat with the coaching staff and commitee they came to the conclusion that if he wanted to continue playing senior football its probably best he did it interstate, because we are pretty confiident no team in victoria would want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back