Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

WRFLfan said:
Been on holiday and came back and read this insult or compliment, either your saying im a bald little battler or a nice bloke.

from what l watched on the week you played Colts you pay to much attention to your man and need to get more of the ball yourself

Regarding the first point, i am saying both with who i thought you were however maybe i was off the mark with my prediction.

Second point, when we have the ball i try and get it, when the opposition get the ball i man up, sorry for being an accountable on baller.

I see Matty Peirce playing with Parkside now after a starting the year playing with Williamstown and going alright from all reports. Does anybody know the reasons behind that?

Travvy43 said:
Regarding the first point, i am saying both with who i thought you were however maybe i was off the mak with my prediction.

Second point, when we have the ball i try and get it, when the opposition get the ball i man up, sorry for being an accountable on baller.
did not see you move off the half-back line travvy against colts.when the opposition got the ball should'nt you try and get the ball off them all are you one of them players that as long as your man does'nt get a kick your happy with your game and not prepaire to back your self and leave your man to help out your teammates?

Gobombers55 said:
I see Matty Peirce playing with Parkside now after a starting the year playing with Williamstown and going alright from all reports. Does anybody know the reasons behind that?

started the season on williamstowns list but went overseas after first couple of games, don't know his intentions for the rest of the year but if he stays at parkside will be a very handy recruit

bronco27 said:
did not see you move off the half-back line travvy against colts.when the opposition got the ball should'nt you try and get the ball off them all are you one of them players that as long as your man does'nt get a kick your happy with your game and not prepaire to back your self and leave your man to help out your teammates?

This comment probably indicates your assessment of a game bronco; were you there? Played the first quarter at half back and then the rest of the game on the pill. So i am not sure how much i can read into your comments.

Half back is not a natural position for me to play, when i am there i make sure my man does not get a touch and then push off when we have the ball. Especially agains the colts, we were winning a lot of the contested ball so i preferred to back my teamates ability to win the contest and mind my man.

Travvy43 said:
Regarding the first point, i am saying both with who i thought you were however maybe i was off the mak with my prediction.

Travvy43, agree 110% Son. :thumbsu:

Travvy43 said:
This comment probably indicates your assessment of a game bronco; were you there? Played the first quarter at half back and then the rest of the game on the pill. So i am not sure how much i can read into your comments.

Half back is not a natural position for me to play, when i am there i make sure my man does not get a touch and then push off when we have the ball. Especially agains the colts, we were winning a lot of the contested ball so i preferred to back my teamates ability to win the contest and mind my man.
your right I saw you there in the first qtr and then did'nt see to much of you after that so just thort that's where you stay.and by the sounds of it you don't play there to much give sunshine credit they did win alot of one on one battles but playing backline it takes good judgement to leave your player and help out a team mate when his not in the right possistion to put a spoil himself.think that's why colts backline is a good backline because there all prepair to help each other out.

bronco27 said:
your right I saw you there in the first qtr and then did'nt see to much of you after that so just thort that's where you stay.and by the sounds of it you don't play there to much give sunshine credit they did win alot of one on one battles but playing backline it takes good judgement to leave your player and help out a team mate when his not in the right possistion to put a spoil himself.think that's why colts backline is a good backline because there all prepair to help each other out.

Well you thought wrong there bronco with your assumption.

Did not think our backline worked too bad against the colts. There were blokes that supported teamates when the opportunity was there to do so.

My time in the backline was spent on Stevens, so not the type of bloke that goes up for the big pack mark. There was one time though he ventured into territory he probably was not supposed to be (in front of clarke on a lead), i was able to leave him and sneak in front of clarke to take the grap, thus helping out my team mate.

This however was probably more the fact that stevens ran to the wrong position on thei field as apposed to my good judgement. But take it as you wish.

I also think that the colts could have benefitted from backing their team mates more in a one-on-one marking situation against the kangas. There were occasions where a Colt entered the contest as third man up, and left his opponent by himself to gather the ball to play a hand in converting a goal. Third man up is good if the spoil does totallys clear the area, if not though more harm than good can be done on most occasions.

Travvy43 said:

Did not think our backline worked too bad against the colts. There were blokes that supported teamates when the opportunity was there to do so.

My time in the backline was spent on Stevens, so not the type of bloke that goes up for the big pack mark. There was one time though he ventured into territory he probably was not supposed to be (in front of clarke on a lead), i was able to leave him and sneak in front of clarke to take the grap, thus helping out my team mate.

This however was probably more the fact that stevens ran to the wrong position on thei field as apposed to my good judgement. But take it as you wish.

I also think that the colts could have benefitted from backing their team mates more in a one-on-one marking situation against the kangas. There were occasions where a Colt entered the contest as third man up, and left his opponent by himself to gather the ball to play a hand in converting a goal. Third man up is good if the spoil does totallys clear the area, if not though more harm than good can be done on most occasions.

sunshine v port was two weeks ago think it is time for both teams to move on

Travvy43 said:

travvy we agree helping out your team mate as long as you do it right is what playing backline is all about and your backline will have to be on the ball this week in keeping james two 3 or 4 goals if you do this I think sunshine can win.you said you played on stevens how did you rate him.

bronco27 said:
travvy we agree helping out your team mate as long as you do it right is what playing backline is all about and your backline will have to be on the ball this week in keeping james two 3 or 4 goals if you do this I think sunshine can win.you said you played on stevens how did you rate him.

Yeah too right bronco with James this week. From what i hear he is a big unit so ther will need to be assistance in the marking contests. We are a chance of regaining John Baird this week and from what i hear he kept him under 3 goals both times last year.

Stevens is a cheeky player, enjoys a contest, doesn't chase much though.

Anyone know anythong about Trent Dell. From what i have sen of him he plays as a key defender, is he the likely matchup for Stenhouse or Millar?

cold pies said:
sunshine v port was two weeks ago think it is time for both teams to move on
coldpies and ronald ive been a colts man for sometime i think they need an ovahaul mayb trade jacobs clarke backen and taylor and as u said bring back dim sim ill be at training 2nite to voice my view ill be in green hat if u dont like what im saying,but please no violence as i just want my opinion heard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cold pies said:
started the season on williamstowns list but went overseas after first couple of games, don't know his intentions for the rest of the year but if he stays at parkside will be a very handy recruit

Matty is currently overseas and will nor be playing for Parks when he gets back. Will be straight back to Willy. He played the one game earlier in the year the day before he went away

loyalcolt said:
coldpies and ronald ive been a colts man for sometime i think they need an ovahaul mayb trade jacobs clarke backen and taylor and as u said bring back dim sim ill be at training 2nite to voice my view ill be in green hat if u dont like what im saying,but please no violence as i just want my opinion heard

loyal goose the players you mentioned are probably the most loyal the colts could have as for dim sim he's happy where he is buddy
just curious is there any merit in your thoughts or are you just **** stirring coz clarke has kicked 54 goals from 8 games, jacobs is there captain and les taylor is a freak i don't think club would be too keen to see the back of those guys

please big guy no need to get angry just a view yr prob right bout jacobs and clake but m bracken needs to go bad

loyalcolt said:
please big guy no need to get angry just a view yr prob right bout jacobs and clake but m bracken needs to go bad

m bracken is suspended anyway but you should know that being so loyal and all

LOBSTER said:
Just wanting to know how Luke Phipps is going for Hoppers Crossing this year. Can be a very handy player up forward or down back when his mind is on the job.

Tend to agree with you LOBSTER, Though I can only comment on his backline play as I dont think he has been up forward this year, I wasn't at last weeks game so he might have been up there. From the games that i've seen he has been in Hoppers better players more often than not, apart from the game against Port Colts where Clarke probably got the better of him, but apart from that, he's been good. Hope that helps.

cold pies said:
m bracken is suspended anyway but you should know that being so loyal and all

cold pies, why do you bite at these ludicrous comments?. It is quite clear that this loyal port is a Colts player just stirring the pot to get some bites and you've provided him with that. Anyone that would suggest that Colts would be better off without Clarke and Taylor is a peanut. He's just another M.WEBBER, just ignor him.

RAZA said:
cold pies, why do you bite at these ludicrous comments?. It is quite clear that this loyal port is a Colts player just stirring the pot to get some bites and you've provided him with that. Anyone that would suggest that Colts would be better off without Clarke and Taylor is a peanut. He's just another M.WEBBER, just ignor him.

i know raza i think he was bored with no footy last weekend but we'll get back to talking about football
big game for your club this week from all reports spottie have got a stong line up and are confidant i'm sure hoppers are too should be a great battle

Tips from Travvy
Yarraville v St Albans
Altona v Colts
Hoppers v Spotty
Sunshine v Albion
Seddon v Parkside

cold pies said:
i know raza i think he was bored with no footy last weekend but we'll get back to talking about football
big game for your club this week from all reports spottie have got a stong line up and are confidant i'm sure hoppers are too should be a great battle

Correct cold pies, this is a big game for both sides. I don't know too much about Spotswood, I've heard they struggle when the going gets tough, not sure if that's true though. Who are some players I can watch for?. I've heard a couple of blokes named keenan and Kelly, what posistions do they play in? and can they play?. i don't know how Spotswood are going to stop hoppers forward line with the likes of Carson and Cammalerri, any thoughts?.

Yarraville v St Albans (should win easily)
Altona v Colts (pencil it in)
Hoppers v Spotty (too many class players for Spotty to stop)
Sunshine v Albion (sorry TRAVVY43 close one, who will stop james?)
Seddon v Parkside (allready won)

RAZA said:
Tend to agree with you LOBSTER, Though I can only comment on his backline play as I dont think he has been up forward this year, I wasn't at last weeks game so he might have been up there. From the games that i've seen he has been in Hoppers better players more often than not, apart from the game against Port Colts where Clarke probably got the better of him, but apart from that, he's been good. Hope that helps.
Raza phipps must be in great form and to be only beaten by clarke,well hasn't everyone been beaten by him this year.
After speaking with clarky last week im predicting he'll bag 8 plus this week loves the ground at altona and told me he has had some good games their in the past.
Now to this weeks games
HOPPERS v's spotty in what will be a great game i think the home side will get up just and win by 17pts
SUNSHINE v's albion now if the real albion turn up this could be a great game but as they dont to often im tipping the kangas who are an awesome side and with their full list up and running will push top three and be a real flag chance.
PARKSIDE v's seddon no commenr required.
STALBANS v's yarraville in what will be a battle for a half but then the saint class will shine through for a comfortable win.
COLTS v's altona i game in which we realy have to be switched on for as the vikings have made some real improvement over last few games,im sure parkside and sunshine can attest to and with us having alot of our midfield out and few others we will be tested but im sure we will bounce back and have a win.
could luck to your team and may you all stay injury free. GO COLTS!!!!!!

RAZA said:
Yarraville v St Albans (should win easily)
Altona v Colts (pencil it in)
Hoppers v Spotty (too many class players for Spotty to stop)
Sunshine v Albion (sorry TRAVVY43 close one, who will stop james?)
Seddon v Parkside (allready won)

No problems with your tip Raza. Stopping James will be a task, Baird is back for the kangas this week. As i have said he has done well on him in the past but being his first game back, James will be as good of a test as anyone for him first up.

Midfield pressure will also play a part in limiting james' influence ont eh game.

Regarding Rock's comments on Altona, for a side who are lingering towards the bottom of the table, they are a pretty honest unit. Fairly fit too, as they should be playing on that ground every second week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back