Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

I actually used to play for Glenordan and Yarraville now just support Yarravilee Seddon - by the way not too impressed by our selection of a coach, leaves alot to be desired. It will be a long season - see how we go.

Your not being impressed is probably a bit of a perception you have rather than actually know the bloke.

Rob knows his footy very well, is a great team person, has enthusiasm to burn and is a top bloke. He has also played at some very good levels. Give the guy a go. On that I probably think he has more to offer as a non playing coach. I think as a coach if you are in the bottom 10 players then you are probably more value on the sidelines. Not to say he is bottom 10 but he is a fair age now and probably well past his best.

The side can't go much worse but one thing you can be guaranteed of is that a side under Rob will be having a red hot crack. Good luck.

And who might these people be? I believe Richardson is going on, good bloke who built up a good year so can't see why he wouldn't continue.

Hey Percy you been down to training yet? Didn't see you at the meet the coach night, rest of the crew was there.

I have heard the cook brothers are leaving, I know Brett applied for a couple of coaching jobs but not sure if he got any.

Ritchie is going on and I agree had a good year with what players he had on offer, tells it as it is some players didn't initially like the truth being spoken but then gained alot of respect from it. Loves giving a spray.

hey cabs how is training going seeing that no one answered you AK is Andrew Knezevic from Keilor, big bodied on baller good skills can kick it a mile was at Werribee when he was 19-20 played mostly in the seniors he is about 25 now, good pick up if rumour is true

Knez would weigh about 77kgs mate and is hardly big bodied, when he was at Werribee I reckon played probably 10 games over 2-3 seasons in the ones. Is certanly a star at local level and will/should dominate the WRFL.

Oh and is this Vimpany (Albion) guy from QLD?? played at Redlands?? was he any good last year?? on baller type??

Yeh thats the same Vimpaney... came down from Queensland, went to Melton then down to Albion with a few of the other guys. more then handy player, pretty big and moves well for his size... good skills and hard at it.... brains01 started training mate, down at the anglers pretty much every session with a few at brimbank park as well, not fun at all. how are you guys looking? heard a bit of coin has been thrown at a few ex doutta boys.... on benny davis he is an absolute legend of the club and the league, no doubt he would have a lot of respect from other clubs. he only won the 1 b and f, but wouldnt have been out of the top 7 i dont reckon in the last 5 or 6 years. he has had a couple of knee reco's, and felt that going through all the rehab again would be pointless. hopefully he stays on at the club in a coaching role.

Hey Percy you been down to training yet? Didn't see you at the meet the coach night, rest of the crew was there.

I have heard the cook brothers are leaving, I know Brett applied for a couple of coaching jobs but not sure if he got any.

Ritchie is going on and I agree had a good year with what players he had on offer, tells it as it is some players didn't initially like the truth being spoken but then gained alot of respect from it. Loves giving a spray.

Yeh couldn't make it down was away that week with some work. Haven't made training yet, just getting the body right before i head down. Should be on the track tomorrow night.

Footy news has been pretty light on.

Any off season retirements anywhere?

Down at the Kangas i am pretty sure Benny Davis has hung up the boots. Massive loss for sunshine, he has been the heart and soul of the team for many years, team of the century member and just has a crack whenever the ball is there to be won, very gutsy. It has been a huge honour to play with him for the last two years.

You going on again elton??
See what happens Travvy43, youd have to be fav to Captain next year wouldnt you fair effort. l know you'll lead them from the front.

Seriously Bennie Davis one of the better blokes of the comp always a competior and honest footballer, Travvy sumed it up. Good luck to him maybe coachin on the cards seen him coaching the juniors this year. Stuck by the club in good and bad days wish all the best

Heard Rohan McKenzie Retired From St Albans , He's Pretty Young Maybe Just Cant Be Bothered Anymore Or Maybe A Bit Soft :p

Well seems that some at Yarraville are not that impressesed with the coach. Hanni Harb to coach the 2's.
Altona talk have gone very quiet have they started preseason yet if so how many training? 2008 U18's not included in tally.
The mighty colts are yet to begin and it seems there may be some movemnt with the caddie boys maybe ROCK can clarify?

Well at the moment the caddy boys look to be moving but nothing is definate,saul love to stay but the travel is the only problem but i he will be back at his old club or with us.
Chisnal has said he is staying but that may change,lindsay has had big offers as always but we are trying our best to keep him and are still confident we will.
We will have mcbroom back from o/s hoath is very close to returning and wittmar will be with us again,he is fit and rearing to go.
There is also two players from the efl former team mates of julier 1 is definate and the other is also very a good chance.
Webby retired will be a big loss but we are confident we will be up there again.
Spotty will be the team to beat but we will be right behind them .
Enjoy xmas boys and girls and after that the real footy talk will be on coz at the moment to many bull sh it player movements are spoken about

Hey Rock any insight into why you guys leave your pre-season much later then everyone else. I'm not critiquing it (obviously the last four years speak for themself) just curious as to your reasoning?
Also on that note, and this is just my personal obsevation, it seemed like some of your players were a little sluggish at the start of the year. Juier and Caddy in particular looked like they were carrying a little extra at the beginning, but as the season progressed they seemed to get better...anything weight/fitness related?

Hey Rock any insight into why you guys leave your pre-season much later then everyone else. I'm not critiquing it (obviously the last four years speak for themself) just curious as to your reasoning?
Also on that note, and this is just my personal obsevation, it seemed like some of your players were a little sluggish at the start of the year. Juier and Caddy in particular looked like they were carrying a little extra at the beginning, but as the season progressed they seemed to get better...anything weight/fitness related?

Well caddy tore ligaments in his ankle while playing in darwin and it took surgery to fix it and it took a while before it came good and he actually had to have surgery on it and he missed the first four.
Julier did come back carrying extra weight and that was because he was on the piss abit but also because he stopped playing a high standard of basketball.
With the preseason we have alot of players that work shiftwork and they need to work befor xmas so when the season comes around they can train more,we also have a ordinary turn up pre xmas,but it has also worked in our favor,i think we have showed over the last few years come finals time no team has been fitter,having played every week of the finals the last 3 years and going all the way twice.
I also have faith in the players that they will do their own thing pre xmas and most do and i also believe that 10 weeks of training will have us ready.
As gary ablett senior sad in yesterday's paper he could be fit in 6 weeks and to much at this level will burn most out especially mentally,but that's just my opinion and others will have different views and no one is wrong or right it's what works best for your team and your players.....GO COLTS

Well caddy tore ligaments in his ankle while playing in darwin and it took surgery to fix it and it took a while before it came good and he actually had to have surgery on it and he missed the first four.
Julier did come back carrying extra weight and that was because he was on the piss abit but also because he stopped playing a high standard of basketball.
With the preseason we have alot of players that work shiftwork and they need to work befor xmas so when the season comes around they can train more,we also have a ordinary turn up pre xmas,but it has also worked in our favor,i think we have showed over the last few years come finals time no team has been fitter,having played every week of the finals the last 3 years and going all the way twice.
I also have faith in the players that they will do their own thing pre xmas and most do and i also believe that 10 weeks of training will have us ready.
As gary ablett senior sad in yesterday's paper he could be fit in 6 weeks and to much at this level will burn most out especially mentally,but that's just my opinion and others will have different views and no one is wrong or right it's what works best for your team and your players.....GO COLTS

In terms of pre season you just have to go with what works and obviously Colts have proven that in metro footy you don't need a massive slaughter of a pre season. Timing is everything in any sport and the formula works, so why change it?

See what happens Travvy43, youd have to be fav to Captain next year wouldnt you fair effort. l know you'll lead them from the front.

Brendan Aceman has to be a certainty for skipper next year. His recovery from knee surgery is going great guns, expect him to come back stonger than ever around the mid season mark.

So back to my question, you going on again or hanging them up with your mate webby to yell abuse from the sidelines.

So I guess percy you are filling in for lopburi as he is away and your posts are of similar interest areas.
Yarra numbers early are not good. Was at meet coach night last wednesday and numbers down and training on monday, numbers were very low for a first night (not counting under 18's). Not sure how the recruiting is going on in teh eagles nest but is still early days so will see what the new coach comes up with.
Not sure about if he is going to play or just coach but at this stage he will play but is getting on so he may be more value on the sidelines.
So far departures from the nest to my knowledge are the cooks, c thomas, c foreman, d chandler, m mcbride, b helpenstein, h harb and there are probley a few others. These I think are the notably ones who are looking to play closer to home. Not 100% sure so dont quote me on that.
What about you greatest game, your name been tossed around at a few div 2 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont like your tone beazer keep it up and the next time we cross paths you will end up with a glass eye like your mate.

Can give it and not take a bit back hey? Weak as p#ss. You obviously get a kick out of causing trouble. At least let me know who you are.

What about you greatest game, your name been tossed around at a few div 2 clubs.

News to me chest, who may these clubs be that my name has been tossed around. Hopefully I will try and have another crack at div 1 I still think that I am capable just need the body to hold up.

Obviously your a player, and you seem to know who I am pm me who you are?

So where are some these players from the nest going? Can't just supply names and not where they are going.

News to me chest, who may these clubs be that my name has been tossed around. Hopefully I will try and have another crack at div 1 I still think that I am capable just need the body to hold up.

Obviously your a player, and you seem to know who I am pm me who you are?

So where are some these players from the nest going? Can't just supply names and not where they are going.

Like I said was not 100% but heard chandler, foreman and thomas to glenorden because they live out there and the cooks and others I was told are going to play at hadfield in the edfl as brett assis coach. I think the other players are going with them along with a few from whydhamvale. If you ask me and I am sure McClusky is a good guy and good coach Brett cook should have got a look in for the top job.... Like I said not 100% on this but this is what I was told at the meet the coach night by a player close with the cook family. Wil be big loss if this is the case. Jamie Zerafa name was tossed around at the Western magpies again so not sure there.

So I guess percy you are filling in for lopburi as he is away and your posts are of similar interest areas.
Yarra numbers early are not good. Was at meet coach night last wednesday and numbers down and training on monday, numbers were very low for a first night (not counting under 18's). Not sure how the recruiting is going on in teh eagles nest but is still early days so will see what the new coach comes up with.
Not sure about if he is going to play or just coach but at this stage he will play but is getting on so he may be more value on the sidelines.
So far departures from the nest to my knowledge are the cooks, c thomas, c foreman, d chandler, m mcbride, b helpenstein, h harb and there are probley a few others. These I think are the notably ones who are looking to play closer to home. Not 100% sure so dont quote me on that.

Wheres Hani off to and how did he go last year.

Interesting to hear about if brett cook went for the job and possible why he didn't get it. I think he would have been a valid choice for the role generally a good leader and provided some spark into the midfield for the few games that he played, maybe it came down to recruits with maybe/hopefully McClusky has some or the fact that he is close mates with Greeny could have got him in front.

It would be a pity if c-train or foreman leave as yarra lacked height as it is, on chandler good player just a tad individual.

So chest you had any big offers to leave yarra like last year? I think it was Geelong league if I recall. (unless I am totally wrong of who you are)

Wheres Hani off to and how did he go last year.

Hanni staying coaching the reserves so he is telling people.

Chandler more than individual absolute CAT. Can get the ball, falls down as a human being!!

Chandler more than individual absolute CAT. Can get the ball, falls down as a human being!!

Hanni is not coaching the reserves at Yarra, may be people are getting confused as the guy who coaches the ressies looks similiar in appearance.

Yeh started up a new name to save confusion, going solo this time. Not interested in the banter, just here to talk footy. So what do you know about the new coach at this stage? I'm yet to meet him.

Yeh started up a new name to save confusion, going solo this time. Not interested in the banter, just here to talk footy. So what do you know about the new coach at this stage? I'm yet to meet him.

Read a number of earlier posts for history of Rob, but he is a bit of a football journeyman and has played/coached all round Oz. I played my first senior game under him when he was captain of Seddon 11 odd years ago. Was a good player and bloke then and still is now.

Im sure will bring a new attitute and ideas to Yarraville and should do well as long as he has a reasonable list to work with. I've not heard a bad word spoken about him internally, and more importantly, a lot of people from other clubs speak highly of him as a bloke and a footballer/coach so he will have a better rep than keogh to recruit some new heads. May be a season too late to build up something along with the new committee (who are also doing good things already), but i hope he gets all the respect from players and supporters he deserves. 'nuff said.

[I've not heard a bad word spoken about him internally, and more importantly, a lot of people from other clubs speak highly of him as a bloke and a footballer/coach so he will have a better rep than keogh to recruit some new heads. May be a season too late to build up something along with the new committee (who are also doing good things already), but i hope he gets all the respect from players and supporters he deserves. 'nuff said.[/quote]

Here here silkmeister, as you said I guess players just need to give him a chance during preaseason and see what and who he can bring to the club but I think this will mainly be from a coaching point of view not playing. I hope that you are not right about the too late to build comment and that yarra can at mimimum survive in div 1 for at least another year to give him a chance to build something.

Anyway enough on this saga, how are teams numbers so far for preaseason? and how hard it is to find a training venue?

Read a number of earlier posts for history of Rob, but he is a bit of a football journeyman and has played/coached all round Oz. I played my first senior game under him when he was captain of Seddon 11 odd years ago. Was a good player and bloke then and still is now.

Im sure will bring a new attitute and ideas to Yarraville and should do well as long as he has a reasonable list to work with. I've not heard a bad word spoken about him internally, and more importantly, a lot of people from other clubs speak highly of him as a bloke and a footballer/coach so he will have a better rep than keogh to recruit some new heads. May be a season too late to build up something along with the new committee (who are also doing good things already), but i hope he gets all the respect from players and supporters he deserves. 'nuff said.

That wouldn't be too hard haha. Hopefully he has some influence on recruits.

Chandler more than individual absolute CAT. Can get the ball, falls down as a human being!![/quote]

That call is a bit steep. Chandler is an extremely talented footballer, but he just lacks a mature mind. When he is switched on he is a machine, but he gets distracted way too easily. He's young, and hopefully when he ages his football will as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back