Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Type Writer....They have lost two players, one to Glenorden Dean Chandler six clubs and his only 21 and Clint Foremen to Albion will be active at 12.00 every Saturday in the seconds, this is hardly a reason to toss it in.......get back to your office duties and don't listen to bullshit rumours

just stating a rumour i heard by about 6 different people from various places hopefully its not true and i cant see the league letting it happen but i have also heard that a few eagles players will be lining up in the edfl this year not sure if their 2s or 1s players. but not a good sign if their r players jumping ship.

wot about the guy that went to wyndamvale and returned half way thru hasnt he left and taken a few with him???

Some news out of Sunshine.

INS: Foley, Mentha at this stage. Possibly a few more from down the bush, and are speaking to others apparently. Hope to have this sorted pretty soon I'd imagine.
OUTS: Douglas (Wedderburn), Sonogan (Wedderburn Reserves), Mastropasqua (Avondale), Comer (Unsure but has bought a house on the other side of town).

Some fairly big names there leaving the Kangas, but Foley and Mentha are in my opinion in the best 10-15 footballers in the league. Hopefully we can pick up a few more in the next few weeks. I reckon a goalkicker and a ruckman would be what we need most. Any news from other clubs?

you can add mudguts g.setterfield into that aswell...lol....correct me if im wrong he is the coach of the reserves........?

Yeh thats right, hes the 2s coach. dunno if he plays though. maybe you can help me out there??? hes got a good kick on him though... seen that so far at training. top bloke as well.

:eek: Yarraville set to announce they are folding from a reliable source. :eek:
Have tried there hardest to continue but now resigned to the fact it's over.

Boagsheavy you have been smoking to much pot you goose. Get your facts right. The only source you have is the one that comes out of a bottle.......piss off back into your kennel

just stating a rumour i heard by about 6 different people from various places hopefully its not true and i cant see the league letting it happen but i have also heard that a few eagles players will be lining up in the edfl this year not sure if their 2s or 1s players. but not a good sign if their r players jumping ship.

wot about the guy that went to wyndamvale and returned half way thru hasnt he left and taken a few with him???

That was Brett Cook - He went to Hadfield with Travis his bro an both have retired before playing there. Two players have left so far

Yeh Rock i agree there. Foley could play Centre Half Forward and would be a nightmare to match up on. Prob the second fittest bloke at our club. Goring could play Centre Half Back where i reckon hes at his best. A ruckman is the problem. We can play Millar, who is a quality ruckman but we have absolutely no one to give him a rest. Maybe we will have to play a smaller mobile ruckman, like a Goring.
Percy it was only really Rusty who played constantly on the ball last year. He is a massive loss, but then again whoever he played on during the year often had 30 touches themselves, as seen in the final with Turner. Comer was down back for most of the year but he provided plenty of drive. We have plenty of guys who can run through there though. Travvy, Acreman, McGoldrick, Foley, Mentha, Connor, Harrison and a few others. I think our midfield is our strength, but will rely heavily on if we get another quality ruckman.

Yeh fair enough. I was thinking more of the permanent midfield combo you used with Douglas and Mastropasqua ...but like you said you have a lot of players capable of filling midfield positions, seems to be how a lot of you guys play. No doubt the taller key position players will start to fill those gaps you had last year, and the other blokes that had to play those can span out to the flanks, and then the flankers fill the midfield.
How's scotty going with his pre-season? The guy is a freak, even half fit he stilled smashed blokes last year...it'd be great to see him have an injury free season.

Boys, boys boys what happened to posting constructive stuff about clubs instead of bagging out clubs and individuals that play for them or going to play for them. I know this is a forum and opinions are meant to be voiced but when you start attacking the individual club or person thats going a tad far and I know all said on here should be taken with a grain of salt but all this bagging is just wasting peoples reading time.

How about we follow on from CABS and post ins and outs of your club and what type of players your team needs, get back onto talking footy.

Newsflash Yarra are not folding. Just wait for the season to start judging.

[wasting peoples reading time.

How about we follow on from CABS and post ins and outs of your club and what type of players your team needs, get back onto talking footy.

Agree with that, lets talk footy,not long now til we all get underway.
COLTS
ins
sam hoath[fwd/ruckmen]
Adrian Pardridge[midfielder from tasmania,won the baldock medal best playerin the ntfl]
Daniel mullett[ntfl tassie,utility]
robbie whittmar[edfl/kilmore,chf]
nick rutley[h/b,from efl],wafl
kaine williams[hoppers,utility]
We are also speaking to a couple of talls that will play f/back,chb from edfl and some midfielders from echuca,along with some quality youngsters coming through,we believe it's the best list we have had in 5 years.
outs
saul caddy[greenvale]
j.caddy[grensborough]
j.lindsay[st.kilda city]
f.webb[retired]
All huge losses,lots of experience class and 5 bnf between them,and alot of premierships, but as i said above we should be able to cover them with some quality recruits.

Gee Rock thats a pretty talent laden list of ins and outs. It seems like you may be losing quality players but at the same time you are also replacing them with players of equal/better quality.

But by recruiting so many quality players is this going to affect the spirits of the next generation of young players at your club striving to play ones and having to compete against these guys. I realise that every year each clubs loses players meaning you need to keep recruiting to keep up with the Jones so to speak but sometimes this can have a negative affect on the youngs kids coming through, its a fine balance to keep club harmony.

Gee Rock thats a pretty talent laden list of ins and outs. It seems like you may be losing quality players but at the same time you are also replacing them with players of equal/better quality.

But by recruiting so many quality players is this going to affect the spirits of the next generation of young players at your club striving to play ones and having to compete against these guys. I realise that every year each clubs loses players meaning you need to keep recruiting to keep up with the Jones so to speak but sometimes this can have a negative affect on the youngs kids coming through, its a fine balance to keep club harmony.

Not speaking for Rock but my veiw is, it all depends on whether you see a glass half full ? or half empty ? in relation to who you recruit to your club V the Kids coming through V the stadard of football you aim to participate in ?.

I could think of only a few better standards of footy or eviroments that would benifit my son more, other than if he were to play at the Colts.

The blokes coming through that show senior potential will only benifit from a strong list. If they are committed to senior footy they will make it, if not that will also show out. Having said that they are encouraged to be the best they can be and will be given every oppurtunity to develop.

COLTS
ins
sam hoath[fwd/ruckmen]
Adrian Pardridge[midfielder from tasmania,won the baldock medal best playerin the ntfl]
We are also speaking to a couple of talls that will play f/back,chb from edfl and some midfielders from echuca,along with some quality youngsters coming through,we believe it's the best list we have had in 5 years.
outs
saul caddy[greenvale]
j.caddy[grensborough]
j.lindsay[st.kilda city]
f.webb[retired]
All huge losses,lots of experience class and 5 bnf between them,and alot of premierships, but as i said above we should be able to cover them with some quality recruits.

Hey Rock how is Trouty looking and are all the other new recruits training. I havent seen the old fellas name on the outs you know the guy. He must be playing again.

Went down to st albans yesterday 2 watch them train had very good numbas 35+ and still missing a few regulars thourgh other commintments but seen some recuirts very big lads done there!!

Looks like with a new young commtee things are changin for the best down at st albans should be a very interesting year if all wit injuries there is no reason y they cant finsh top 3

COLTS
ins
sam hoath[fwd/ruckmen]
outs
saul caddy[greenvale]
j.caddy[grensborough]
j.lindsay[st.kilda city]
f.webb[retired]

Saul Caddy massive lost a player like that cant be replaced!!!!
Lindsay is a fanatisc lost though he is a good player the league can do without snipers same for webby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lindsay is a fanatisc lost though he is a good player the league can do without snipers same for webby

The word around the west is St Albans are struggling to recruit anyone decent enough to lift them from their current ladder posistion?

The numbers are up due to the under 18's training with the senior group?

As for your other statements, no one is indespensible or unreplacable. The current group at the colts rate a little higher than you give them credit for.

there were no under 18s training with us last night and the numbers were over 30+ with some very good recruits down there last night.. everyone is very keen for a big year..

The word around the west is St Albans are struggling to recruit anyone decent enough to lift them from their current ladder posistion?

The numbers are up due to the under 18's training with the senior group?

As for your other statements, no one is indespensible or unreplacable. The current group at the colts rate a little higher than you give them credit for.

they would have to be two of the shortest lightest snipers going around if you worried about these two blokes you must be unsettled you should have been in the league 10-12 years ago when there was some big bodies smashing the little blokes every time they went the pill

they would have to be two of the shortest lightest snipers going around if you worried about these two blokes you must be unsettled you should have been in the league 10-12 years ago when there was some big bodies smashing the little blokes every time they went the pill

good 2 c u agree they were snipers! and who cares about the league 10 years ago! if we wipe out that snipes out of our league the WRFL clubs could attact alot more quaitly players which would imporved the league and make much more enteraining footy 2 watch

None of these players could be replaced but we will have decent players coming in that will do the job in their own way.
Lindsay is not a sniper nor is webb so just leave it at that,i played and coached them both alot and they get worse than they ever give and are always going at the ball, both very courageous.

None of these players could be replaced but we will have decent players coming in that will do the job in their own way.
Lindsay is not a sniper nor is webb so just leave it at that,i played and coached them both alot and they get worse than they ever give and are always going at the ball, both very courageous.

lindsay king hit antowicz broke his cheekbone in the last quarter we colts were down by about a 100 points and got 4 weeks so plz tell me how u dont consider him a sniper (and sore loser)

lindsay king hit antowicz broke his cheekbone in the last quarter we colts were down by about a 100 points and got 4 weeks so plz tell me how u dont consider him a sniper (and sore loser)

Mate please tell the whole story......what did antonawiscz do first????
lindsay copped his penalty but to call lindsay anything other than a ball player is just silly.

overated wake up to yourself antonawicz was throwing elbows and knees at any little bloke in his sight throughout that game and it come back to haunt him anyone of those elbows could have hit someone sweet and did a lot of damage just a little kid in a mans body

Any chance we change the name of the thread? we need to bring the name of Port Colts somewhere in the heading, this way it will stop alot of people wasting there time believing we are reading information on the league as a whole.

good 2 c u agree they were snipers! and who cares about the league 10 years ago! if we wipe out that snipes out of our league the WRFL clubs could attact alot more quaitly players which would imporved the league and make much more enteraining footy 2 watch
i never agreed they were snipers you pickle

Any chance we change the name of the thread? we need to bring the name of Port Colts somewhere in the heading, this way it will stop alot of people wasting there time believing we are reading information on the league as a whole.
If blonks from St Albans knew how to use a computers maybe there'd be more goat herders on here. And when you do jump on all you talk about is your numbers at training, which is always off. And you thrash the Tonna situation which has been done to death.
Try coming up with something to talk about like ins and outs or something

Cutting alittle deep dipsh*t, wake up and smell the coffee your club is losing it's grip, your second best recruit Brad Hewett is a bloke who has struggled the past two years playing in side that was just going - and he has red hair:thumbsdown: I was just stating what i had heard whether true or false this is a forum goose, now i hope you do fold and you and your super coach McCluskey can go and tell each other how good you both are w*nker.

Its not cutting deep, it fair to say you love hopping on your high horse quickly you must have been a former jockey. You collecting rumours that are not true and spreading them doesn't help any club. Wait until the season starts and comment after few rounds. the Eagles will not fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back