Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a whisper today that West Footscray may have to look for alternative playing arrangements. Apparantly the council is closing the ground while they evaluate whether it is redeemable or whether to convert it to plane open space.

That could be the end of the West's ground for footy. Cricket has been booted for 12 months already!

albion have paid big money for no results the last 5 years? were is the money coming from? apart from this year, albion havn't done any more then us (yc) and they have spent thousands more! albion need a steady coach who will be there for a few years, savalos isn't the right option i believe! albion wil slip below the 5 next season if something isn't done with the commitee, i could happly say sunshine top 3

albion have paid big money for no results the last 5 years? were is the money coming from? apart from this year, albion havn't done any more then us (yc) and they have spent thousands more! albion need a steady coach who will be there for a few years, savalos isn't the right option i believe! albion wil slip below the 5 next season if something isn't done with the commitee, i could happly say sunshine top 3

must be cricket season sunshine is talking up next year already, top 3??? try and make the 5 first nackas:thumbsu:

anyway where is sparticus? havent heard anything stupid from you for couple of days.

must be cricket season sunshine is talking up next year already, top 3??? try and make the 5 first nackas:thumbsu:

anyway where is sparticus? havent heard anything stupid from you for couple of days.

Must be getting his speach together for his election on the junior commitee:)

Begbee the Super Computer Nerd now??????????????:confused:

.......even on Facebook! Love it!!!:D

Word has it that Hoppers knew Leatch (not sure of spelling), had the werribee centrals job before their pesentation night and put him on the back corner table, seated with some nuffies. In response to this, Leatch has already signed 4 good hoppers players and plans to have a crack at plenty more. Can anyone confirm this?

If you consider a guy who became life member of the club and a premiership player along with absolute champions of blokes then yes your right they are nuffies :eek:

Leatchy is loved by all at Hoppers, no way in the world he was shafted in fact his table was right next to the table of the best and fairest winner. In regards to him taking players, he is well within his rights to have a crack at anyone he wants, he is a coach of a club and wants to be successfull and any of the boys wanting to go will be always welcomed back.

If you consider a guy who became life member of the club and a premiership player along with absolute champions of blokes then yes your right they are nuffies :eek:

Leatchy is loved by all at Hoppers, no way in the world he was shafted in fact his table was right next to the table of the best and fairest winner. In regards to him taking players, he is well within his rights to have a crack at anyone he wants, he is a coach of a club and wants to be successfull and any of the boys wanting to go will be always welcomed back.

Didn't mean wrong by that Tige, was just what i was told, and that was someone from your club. Either someone not happy with the way things are at hogans rd, or maybe a 2's player who thinks he should be given more of a go. Anyway, i totally agree with you. With the problems of trying to recruit players with so many teams situated close together, why not poach every player you can. Just thought there may have been a few noses put out of joint by it. Clearly by the player that told me, there is (by the way the player has played all his life at hoppers).

Im here dumbass, im surprised you can even type. Flyin high might be right about dropping out of the top 5 , but he's smokin the gunja if he thinks ycw will be top 3, cant win games running away from the ball coward!
And as for you begbee, stick to baseball or try a game where fat blokes can still play, maybe lawn bowls?

Can anybody confirm the following rumours:

1. A couple of class players from near the Murray (starting with Y, ending in Wonga) were considering playing at a Div. 1 club next season somewhere on the way to Geelong but have since changed their minds after attending the final game of the year @ Chirnside??

2. Ben Kelly a new gig further down the Geelong Hwy?

These may have been noted already, I haven't read through a lot of the posts recently

1. A couple of class players from near the Murray (starting with Y, ending in Wonga) were considering playing at a Div. 1 club next season somewhere on the way to Geelong but have since changed their minds after attending the final game of the year @ Chirnside??

These may have been noted already, I haven't read through a lot of the posts recently

I think you will find that Ben Harris has moved up the highway not Ben Kelly, Kelly has been reappointed as coach of the premiers.

As for the first part of your statement, would or could you care to elaborate on what players and which wrfl club were they headed to.

That's interesting about Ben Kelly, Rock. I had heard that Harris, O'Keefe, and Kelly had departed spotty. Thanks for the clarification.

Frosty paid the entrance fee for a couple of players from up North to watch the GF to show them what the WRFL is all about.
At the end of the game when all the sh1t happened both players turned to Frosty and stated "why the f_ck would we want to play in a league like this" then left, leaving Frosty dumbfounded.

As stated elsewhere,Harris to Lara as coach,not Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect example of incidents hurting the recruitment of players into our league. Plenty of other incidents during the year don't help but the GF is seen by more people, and the grapevine moves quickly when incidents like that one occur. Don't know whether the Yarrawonga players were any good (don't have names), but I'm sure there's others thinking the same way.

One official from a club a few hours away said there were guns and knives. Obviously not true, but thats how stories move on. Perception is reality! If a minor incident is perceived by some to be a major thing, then the story will always get blown out of proportion.

Perfect example of incidents hurting the recruitment of players into our league. Plenty of other incidents during the year don't help but the GF is seen by more people, and the grapevine moves quickly when incidents like that one occur. Don't know whether the Yarrawonga players were any good (don't have names), but I'm sure there's others thinking the same way.

One official from a club a few hours away said there were guns and knives. Obviously not true, but thats how stories move on. Perception is reality! If a minor incident is perceived by some to be a major thing, then the story will always get blown out of proportion.

Well if your recruiting players from outside and they witnessed the game and went on that alone i'm sure they would not hesitate in playing in the wrfl.
It has certainly not hurt our chances in recruiting a few players from OMFL league, who were also at the game, and another from the GFL and all were very impressed with the standard of the game and the way in which it was played. Not what happened in the crowd after the game. Over the 10 years i have been involved at the league never seen this at a grand final.
There was also a worse incident at the ballarat league and these type of incidents have happened in most leagues, hopefully we can do our best so that it does not happen again.
To say players would not come to our league because of a fight in the crowd is bull sh it.
The wrfl division one is good clean footy, unfortunately we have had some bad incidents in the crowd.

I agree that most people would close their eyes to the problem. Unfortunately, there are some out there that will take notice and a mountain out of a molehill. For every player that signs from another league, I'm sure there's another that won't come just because of that. Imagine the strength of the competition if those others did join a club in WRFL.

At the moment there's a lack of depth. Big difference between the top 5-6 teams and the bottom 4. Over the last few years that gap has widened. And then there's an even bigger dropoff to Div 2. Most comps have a reasonably strong div 2 comp.

Big deal with a punch on after this years granny we're kidding ourselves if we think this hasn't been going on for years in various comps. There were blues at the GF's at the Ballarat league GF and the Riddell league that i know of. But those leagues didn't have a little **** in Steve Milne putting it on the front page of the Mail to take the shine away from the spectacle, were as the other local papers hardly mentioned it.....

"There were blues at the GF's at the Ballarat league GF and the Riddell league that i know of. But those leagues didn't have a little **** in Steve Milne putting it on the front page of the Mail to take the shine away from the spectacle, were as the other local papers hardly mentioned it....."

So you agree with me that the GF incident has had an affect on people's perceptions of WRFL??

I didn't say these incidents didn't occur anywhere else. Whether its local media or the timing of these type of incidents, it has an effect.

its a shame that the league cops it from everywhere!! brawls and shit are goin to happen and they happen everywhere! media blow it up and ferals who are not even involved at clubs like to get involved! just a shame for the league!

"There were blues at the GF's at the Ballarat league GF and the Riddell league that i know of. But those leagues didn't have a little **** in Steve Milne putting it on the front page of the Mail to take the shine away from the spectacle, were as the other local papers hardly mentioned it....."

So you agree with me that the GF incident has had an affect on people's perceptions of WRFL??

I didn't say these incidents didn't occur anywhere else. Whether its local media or the timing of these type of incidents, it has an effect.

Of course the incident affected the perceptions, i just thought Milne emphasised the point to much, instead of havng 'brawl erupts' on the front page with a picture of some bloke who had nothing to do with the days play, why not have action shot of the game and pump up the league, as it was a thriller. It's not the leagues fault this stuff occurs just question why this reporter choose to take the shine of the whole game. It's just a pity for the players....

Of course the incident affected the perceptions, i just thought Milne emphasised the point to much, instead of havng 'brawl erupts' on the front page with a picture of some bloke who had nothing to do with the days play, why not have action shot of the game and pump up the league, as it was a thriller. It's not the leagues fault this stuff occurs just question why this reporter choose to take the shine of the whole game. It's just a pity for the players....

Unfortunately, not everyone who reads the local rags are football lovers however everyone loves information on violence. So, when an incident overshadows the game, it's going to supersede it in the eyes of the journo and the general public.

Milne is paid by the paper and not the league so he's first job is to report the dirt and worry about the league later. Anyhow, the more it's reported, the more likely that the league will take action....or that's how it should be.

Unfortunately, not everyone who reads the local rags are football lovers however everyone loves information on violence. So, when an incident overshadows the game, it's going to supersede it in the eyes of the journo and the general public.

Milne is paid by the paper and not the league so he's first job is to report the dirt and worry about the league later. Anyhow, the more it's reported, the more likely that the league will take action....or that's how it should be.

Good to hear from you Filo. Thought you may have been buried under one of your theories. Think you may have a bit of a chuckle at this one. Was talking to a guy who hasn't been working with me long (an apprentice on crap money), and discovered he plays a bit of footy for extra cash. Turns out that he's just an average footballer. He was able to make a bit of extra cash this year when a team in another league chased him. He agreed to a decent sign on fee and a great weekly pay as well. He has just been told by the club that they are halving his match payments for next year. Turns out that the club still doesn't realise that the player is actually the identical twin brother of a guy who really didn't want to leave his bush club.:D

I totally agree with your comments here, bloody ugly head on that front page your talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back