Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard brad hewitt wants out of yarra and back to albion? anyone know about if this is true? have you heard 13 cabs you and him are mates yeah?

I have heard that rumour circulating also. As a lifelong supporter of the FDFL now WRFL lets hope sensible heads prevail and a young man returns and most importantly is cleared to play with his mates. The most important thing if this supposed rumour is true is that a speedy clearance occurs, I for one would be extremely disappointed if this was held up after all the supposed "Yarraville" stalwarts were let go to move on with their football elsewhere. I personally want to see Hewit back at Albion, he and Yarraville were never going to fit. Its like putting a square in a round hole. He is a Albion boy through and through!

I have heard that rumour circulating also. As a lifelong supporter of the FDFL now WRFL lets hope sensible heads prevail and a young man returns and most importantly is cleared to play with his mates. The most important thing if this supposed rumour is true is that a speedy clearance occurs, I for one would be extremely disappointed if this was held up after all the supposed "Yarraville" stalwarts were let go to move on with their football elsewhere. I personally want to see Hewit back at Albion, he and Yarraville were never going to fit. Its like putting a square in a round hole. He is a Albion boy through and through!

All depends. Has he signed a Yarravile Seddon 'contract' or a WRFL contract.

The Yarraville stalwarts signed YS contracts which were found to be invalid.

word on the street tonight hewitt was cleared on tuesday........back to albion.......

also herd the news about the fracar that happened on anzac day at kinder smith reserve......

very interesting to see what happens this week when albion play sunshine kanga's.......

I don't think they have been cleared yet, but would be suprised if they let Hewitt go. Like I said, depends on what he signed.
Brad Hewatt = top bloke. I doubt if he would be held back but i'm not privy to that information! With Brad returning to Albion it will put even more pressure on Corey "I have potatoes growing under my arms" Thomas and Jamie Zerafa. No disrespect to either player but I would take Hewatt any day of the week over them.

Brad Hewatt = top bloke. I doubt if he would be held back but i'm not privy to that information! With Brad returning to Albion it will put even more pressure on Corey "I have potatoes growing under my arms" Thomas and Jamie Zerafa. No disrespect to either player but I would take Hewatt any day of the week over them.

couple of high price recruits playing 2s?

you'd take any player any day of the week. don't think i'd be very selective if i was in your position. probably wouldn't be on big footy spruiking either...no disrespect.

you'd take any player any day of the week. don't think i'd be very selective if i was in your position. probably wouldn't be on big footy spruiking either...no disrespect.
Not really true we do that already. ha ha. Give Spence a go in the ones?? People would come from miles around to see that!

why did he leave if he's "a albion boy through and through"?

to reduce players/clubs from swapping between clubs in same league, perhaps more trades.... swapping of players and transfer fees need to be introduced.
I would say this situation may differ greatly from all others involving Yarra/Seddon players in the clearances.
You don't just have a written contract in place here, there is a verbal one as he was playing for the club in the current season.
The club is totally with in its rights to not clear him and expect him to honour that contract/agreement.
If Albion wanted him so bad, that they were sure they would have him for this week, to the point their players were spruiking the fact he would be in the line up for Sunshine, they should offer significant incentives for Yarra/Seddon be it financial or players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant believe the publicity this bloke's got, its making him out to be a Paris Hilton of the footy world. Lets get serious, he's an average footballer at best regardless of where he plays.

Lets get it straight. Hewat went for coin. Money hungry young chap. He has always been about the moolah. then realised that 4 points was more important. especially when he is at home sulking about getting beat by 200pts and his mates are out partying up a storm. Hewat will be a gun for albion when he is back.....in the seconds

PS Go Yangy

he might have been captain last year (i think) of the albion one's great bloke, times past the only list hewitt will start in the one's are yarriville/seddon westfoots and g/orden. with the list albion have at the moment i wouldn't even think he would be a top5 player in the 2's.

What would you know you no good rat.

he might have been captain last year (i think) of the albion one's great bloke, times past the only list hewitt will start in the one's are yarriville/seddon westfoots and g/orden. with the list albion have at the moment i wouldn't even think he would be a top5 player in the 2's.

Fair chance Gaffar would get a game before him!

bit harsh there fella on jamie and cory jamies been a solid player in hes 3 games and cory is starting to hit hes straps always hard getting started in a new club and if brad is cleared hope he is the pressures on all players not just them 2 great for the club to have this

why did he leave if he's "a albion boy through and through"?

I am unaware exactly why he left and the reasons behind, however what i do know as it seems there is some substance behind this rumour. I just hope that wise heads prevail and this young man gets the opportunity to play with his mates. The problem with local footy these days is it has become all about business. Whatever happened to playing football because it was fun. Many a young man has made a mistake and hewitts decision to leave Albion in the first place few people i am sure are aware of the circumstances. My point is what is to be gained by not clearing him and making a young man miss a year of football. Are the powers that be missing the point of football, to enjoy yourself with your mates...I remember watching his dad and uncle play for Albion and for any old enough to remember will know Yarraville and Hewitt just dont go together.
It is like putting lemonade in a perfectly good beer. Just should not happen!

who's bagging gaffa? gaffa has been one of if not the best blokes ever to be involed with albion. always pays memebership before first game has never missed a function and always been a good laugh on footy trip:) you can bag whoever you waut but dont bag gaffa:mad::mad:

Lets get it straight. Hewat went for coin. Money hungry young chap. He has always been about the moolah. then realised that 4 points was more important. especially when he is at home sulking about getting beat by 200pts and his mates are out partying up a storm. Hewat will be a gun for albion when he is back.....in the seconds

PS Go Yangy

is that david from sunshine who cant ride scooters

Even if Santa gets his license she'll still ride in the backseat. and apparently shes got a vegie patch in her front yard.

I believe he left as they offered him a good job
Must have been a Head Job !! I believe that a certain Div 1 club has a Golf Club connected which has a "3 Club Event". Maybe Hewat could join that. Make up your mind. Play with your mates in the first place or chase money. No sympathy.

Buyer beware !!

I am unaware exactly why he left and the reasons behind, however what i do know as it seems there is some substance behind this rumour. I just hope that wise heads prevail and this young man gets the opportunity to play with his mates. The problem with local footy these days is it has become all about business. Whatever happened to playing football because it was fun. Many a young man has made a mistake and hewitts decision to leave Albion in the first place few people i am sure are aware of the circumstances. My point is what is to be gained by not clearing him and making a young man miss a year of football. Are the powers that be missing the point of football, to enjoy yourself with your mates...I remember watching his dad and uncle play for Albion and for any old enough to remember will know Yarraville and Hewitt just dont go together.
It is like putting lemonade in a perfectly good beer. Just should not happen!

Its became a business when players are receiving money. If he wanted to play with mates then why leave in the first place. I don't care if there are other reasons, can they have been cleared up after a few rounds. Its time for people to grow up - you are over mostly 18 - you sign a contract you should stick to it - bad luck, play for the contracted club or sit out the year. If the club has not got an enforcable contract in place, bad luck to them, the player has to be let go. Maybe we should start looking at how our own clubs are run before we start having a go at how the league is run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back