Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game of footy, well done to the Colts, 4get about the crowds and the rest of the bullshit that is being spoken about i would say i cop more shit from crowds then anyother player in the comp thats footy it happens everywhere from the big boys right down to us in the W.R.F.L. week in week out.There were parts of the crowd that got a bit in our face after the game but we will cop that on the chin and put it in the memory bank 4 next time!:thumbsu:

Albion reserves had it's first win for the season on saturday against West and yet the seniors have not lost a game, it would then be obvious that there is no depth down at the cattery? All they need is a couple of injuries and Albion are gone, they have made about three changes to the line up over the first 5 games. A club will never go through injury free and this is when we all will see the true albion collapse or even self implode.
unlike your name sake u dont no every thing albion have had about 5 to 8 players of agrade standard missing on various times in the ist 6 weeks which is testing there depth already you can only go with what you have on the ground and the 2s will be stronger over the coming weeks!!!!!!!!

Great game of footy, well done to the Colts, 4get about the crowds and the rest of the bullshit that is being spoken about i would say i cop more shit from crowds then anyother player in the comp thats footy it happens everywhere from the big boys right down to us in the W.R.F.L. week in week out.There were parts of the crowd that got a bit in our face after the game but we will cop that on the chin and put it in the memory bank 4 next time!:thumbsu:

I reckon i would be right up there with you ray, but it's all harmless banter in my opinion and i actually take pride when opposition hang shit on me...

Asfor bully you are totally wrong about the minor scuffle both past reserve players and neither are ever around the club......but you believe your own story.

is anyone else suprised by the hoppers V st albans result
didnt surprise me i told you during the week that st albans have had players out and they were coming back for this week all you blokes on here have already written st albans off but lets just see what hapens in the next month or so.

I reckon i would be right up there with you ray, but it's all harmless banter in my opinion and i actually take pride when opposition hang shit on me...

Asfor bully you are totally wrong about the minor scuffle both past reserve players and neither are ever around the club......but you believe your own story.

Rock as i said ,plenty of port blokes in hoppers, paint what ever picture you like but i have been told who was involved and they are not past reserve players,try current players,not on here to drop names was just responding to Cougar's comment about people being banned over it.

Seeing you like having people having a crack at you during a game i might have to park behind the goal's and give you a few burst's for fun..

Albion reserves had it's first win for the season on saturday against West and yet the seniors have not lost a game, it would then be obvious that there is no depth down at the cattery? All they need is a couple of injuries and Albion are gone, they have made about three changes to the line up over the first 5 games. A club will never go through injury free and this is when we all will see the true albion collapse or even self implode.

mate give albion some credit there playing some bloody good football at the moment and they got about 6 or so new ppl at the start of the sesion down at the club who have never played with each other and there still 6 and O...with a good win over port and a blow out over sunshine ..its a bit hard to find a weakness ...they have a great foward line when J.Butina and C.Thomas are up and fireing and a tuff mid feld with J.D ,J.Stephens and some of the other boys playing smart team football and strong back line with discipline at times and C.Foreman wearing he's appoints like a glove ! they can only get better:thumbsu:

mate give albion some credit there playing some bloody good football at the moment and they got about 6 or so new ppl at the start of the sesion down at the club who have never played with each other and there still 6 and O...with a good win over port and a blow out over sunshine ..its a bit hard to find a weakness ...they have a great foward line when J.Butina and C.Thomas are up and fireing and a tuff mid feld with J.D ,J.Stephens and some of the other boys playing smart team football and strong back line with discipline at times and C.Foreman wearing he's appoints like a glove ! they can only get better:thumbsu:

just a move off topic,

what are peoples opinions on the professionalism of the clubs and wrfl?

I believe it seems to have improved out of sight in the past 2-3 years and even from last year. I think with a few ex-afl players coming back and several players with vfl experience has made the players a little more professional.

not only that, but preparation for games etc. and i remember reading that clubs were even doing plyometrics preseason etc.

hopefully in the near future, with a more competitive 9-10 A grade competition, the league can become a real force

Rock as i said ,plenty of port blokes in hoppers, paint what ever picture you like but i have been told who was involved and they are not past reserve players,try current players,not on here to drop names was just responding to Cougar's comment about people being banned over it.

Seeing you like having people having a crack at you during a game i might have to park behind the goal's and give you a few burst's for fun..

I will give yo a lesson in life mate, believe half of what you hear and all of what you see, i was there i was pulling the parties apart, you say and believe what you like i'm over this topic and weather it's current players or past or supportters for that matter, how does this help hoppers or any other club for that matter???
If i were you i would be more worried about hoppers start to the season and if their recruits are doing the job to get the team to a premiership??? at this stage things are looking grim, do or die this week against a rabble of a club in port colts surely you should beat us.....can't wait to put a little nail in the hoppers coffin not a team or club i dislike more.......come on colts.

I will give yo a lesson in life mate, believe half of what you hear and all of what you see, i was there i was pulling the parties apart, you say and believe what you like i'm over this topic and weather it's current players or past or supportters for that matter, how does this help hoppers or any other club for that matter???
If i were you i would be more worried about hoppers start to the season and if their recruits are doing the job to get the team to a premiership??? at this stage things are looking grim, do or die this week against a rabble of a club in port colts surely you should beat us.....can't wait to put a little nail in the hoppers coffin not a team or club i dislike more.......come on colts.

The hoppers boys sound like they have more to worry about than the colts fighting from the scores I saw on the weekend.

Re Port colts ve spotty game on saturday - went to watch as a neutral observer. i have never seen spotty play and seen colts maybe 4-5 times over the past few years just as an interested watcher of local footy.
Good game generally but not a high standard as others have said - it was good because it was close. Fair to say Port stole it although spotty really only played 20-30 minutes of good footy in the 3rd quarter to put themselves in front.
re sledging at the game -abuse over the fence is fair enough and as you say rock you cop your fair share and give a good bit back. BUT while teams have to go through Port supporters and walk a good distance to change rooms while copping it at both half time and post the game it wont be long before there is a nasty incident. 18 for spotty - I think Jensen seemed to be the main target and to his credit copped it on the chin. There was a port supporter in his face as spotty were coming back on the ground after half time abusing him and ended with calling him a weak c*** - old guy about 60 who should know better.
At the end of the game spotty waited on the ground for port to sing their song while walking arm in arm off the ground and ended up jumping the fence 10-15 metres from main walkway to avoid the crowd - but still port supporters gave it to them.
Well done colts on winning the game - well done spotty on walking off with your heads high and not responding to verbal abuse from drunken supporters

Re Port colts ve spotty game on saturday - went to watch as a neutral observer. i have never seen spotty play and seen colts maybe 4-5 times over the past few years just as an interested watcher of local footy.
Good game generally but not a high standard as others have said - it was good because it was close. Fair to say Port stole it although spotty really only played 20-30 minutes of good footy in the 3rd quarter to put themselves in front.
re sledging at the game -abuse over the fence is fair enough and as you say rock you cop your fair share and give a good bit back. BUT while teams have to go through Port supporters and walk a good distance to change rooms while copping it at both half time and post the game it wont be long before there is a nasty incident. 18 for spotty - I think Jensen seemed to be the main target and to his credit copped it on the chin. There was a port supporter in his face as spotty were coming back on the ground after half time abusing him and ended with calling him a weak c*** - old guy about 60 who should know better.
At the end of the game spotty waited on the ground for port to sing their song while walking arm in arm off the ground and ended up jumping the fence 10-15 metres from main walkway to avoid the crowd - but still port supporters gave it to them.
Well done colts on winning the game - well done spotty on walking off with your heads high and not responding to verbal abuse from drunken supporters

How did Port steal it if a game that goes for 120 minutes, and Spooty plays well for 20-30 minutes. So your sayin Port never done well too beat Spooty all over the ground for the other 80 or so minutes, great view mate.

Not excusing our supporters but if it was that bad why was there so many Spooty players/supporters in the rooms after the game.We played them durin there past players last year and we we`re copping it until the game blew out. It would be the most we`ve had this year also Sunshine show good numbers. Spooty gave there fair share its all fair in love and war.
Its past players day theres alot of old frustrated players that still think they can and should be playin add alcohol and it turns ugly passionate But not violent. Im sure it will be returned in our next meeting.

As for the game your right it was the game it was due to pressure more than skill. There was some great contested marks taken, which are a rarity in AFL. Both teams had plenty of wayward shots for goal and at times poor delivery into the forward 50. Tackles and shepards and chases all the 1% were very high and there was alot of anger out there. Was the most physical Spooty side ive faced, alot of boys are sore today.

Harris works hard Okeefe is a gun very strong around the stoppages along with Harris. What happen to Kelly? Spooty has two injuries from the 2nd quarter and Port one.
Maybe finals should be played at Murphys it produces tight pressured games, but maybe dont have them on past players days ha ha.

A senior blokes brother was involved and he was breaking it up and done a top job too. You wouldnt be the first bloke to spray Rock behind the goals, as you can see it works too....... for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tubber you nearly tricked us in to believing your not from spotty wake up to yourself.
I agree jensen does cop it the most and he takes like a mature man, really not much else he can really do, as i said i'm sure he could take it as a compliment i know i would.
Everyone on here saying that the supporters were a disgrace, i personally believe it was like any other game at any other venue the only difference was the crowd was on a bigger scale,
The game was played in good spirits and off the field most of the players get on well and have a mutual respect for each other and i doubt if any of the players have given the crowd another thought after the game.

Totally agree,great hard at it football all day . With no DeBruyn & Millen in the back line to help Bonnett, l thought Port did a good job holding Spotty out. Big Julier dominated the ruck (Puhar is also very good) Brannan at chf took some great marks, Bonnett had another great game and Hoath around the ground and in the ruck in the last quarter saved the game. For Spotty l thought Jensen played well across half back (he cops alot of bagging, but to his credit he takes it with a grin)Fogerty[/B],O'Keefe,Molan(very strong) and Sablich all had good games.All in all,a great game to watch.Well done to both sides.

Is this matt fogerty?? didnt think he was gunna play this yr.. unless he has decided to come back and play.. can anyone from spotty confirm this

Well firstly we should only talk about the positives and how this was a great spectactle of wrfl footy and the game could have gone either way.
Hopefully your not a sore loser, as for abuse from supporters it happens and let me tell you we copped plenty from the spotty supporters as well, i know i did personally, but it's a passionate game and once we were all in side after the game all is forgotten, lots of spotty players and supporters in the rooms after the game and both parties in good spirits.
So please don't get on here and focus on negatives.

As for the altercation, when alcohol is consumed in mass it can be a recipe for disaster, we have all one time or another had moments we would rather forget, the parties involved are not really apart of the club.
As for wrecking a good day.........colts got the points in a classic, doesn't get any better.

ROCK
Heaps of positives in the game. Colts deserved the win because you played a better brand of footy for most of the game. I thought D. Jacobs was instrumental in the mini comeback that won the game. Looked like a general, guiding the blokes to best position at some stoppages. He didn't have to get a thousand kicks to be influential. Having quite a few players out just makes it a bit scary for the rest of the clubs out there when they come up against Colts at full strength. A very good, tough game of footy.

You cop a barrage of abuse and normally deal with it quite well. Although, going after that woman from Spotty who was screaming the house down was warranted to a degree, pointing out that the people of spotty don't like her because she gives the club a bad name was a bit rich. How about those chardonnay types who normally assume the position in front of the beer van at Colts? Anyway, If anyone from Spotty has told you that and not spoken her about her behaviour, then the problem lies with them. They'd rather tell an opposition player about her than approach her themselves? Weak. I don't think it worried her too much anyway because I saw her clap the mark you took soon afterwards... and you duly dedicated the mark to her....haha. She also looked like nearly jumping the fence when you almost took someone's head off. It was shaping up as the highlight of the day and then you two decide to play wide of one another? Anti-climax.

Anyway, would have thought that as a coach, you wouldn't want your boys going toe to toe with anyone in the crowd while the game was on.

ROCK
Heaps of positives in the game. Colts deserved the win because you played a better brand of footy for most of the game. I thought D. Jacobs was instrumental in the mini comeback that won the game. Looked like a general, guiding the blokes to best position at some stoppages. He didn't have to get a thousand kicks to be influential. Having quite a few players out just makes it a bit scary for the rest of the clubs out there when they come up against Colts at full strength. A very good, tough game of footy.

You cop a barrage of abuse and normally deal with it quite well. Although, going after that woman from Spotty who was screaming the house down was warranted to a degree, pointing out that the people of spotty don't like her because she gives the club a bad name was a bit rich. How about those chardonnay types who normally assume the position in front of the beer van at Colts? Anyway, If anyone from Spotty has told you that and not spoken her about her behaviour, then the problem lies with them. They'd rather tell an opposition player about her than approach her themselves? Weak. I don't think it worried her too much anyway because I saw her clap the mark you took soon afterwards... and you duly dedicated the mark to her....haha. She also looked like nearly jumping the fence when you almost took someone's head off. It was shaping up as the highlight of the day and then you two decide to play wide of one another? Anti-climax.

Anyway, would have thought that as a coach, you wouldn't want your boys going toe to toe with anyone in the crowd while the game was on.

No one from spotty has said anything to me about the lady in question, just something i made up to get to her but as you said i don't think it bothered her to much, to be honest i'm very dissapointed in myself for saying things back to her and feel i got a bit personal and i'm sorry to her for that, i enjoy the banter from the crowd but i think i over stepped the mark and i'm sorry for that. She will recieve a written letter of apology, it was nothing to bad but something i wished i hadn't said AND feel the need to apologise, hopefully she will accept it but if not i understand.
Either way i'm sure she will give me a spray next when our teams meet, as she has many times over the last few years.

No one from spotty has said anything to me about the lady in question, just something i made up to get to her but as you said i don't think it bothered her to much, to be honest i'm very dissapointed in myself for saying things back to her and feel i got a bit personal and i'm sorry to her for that, i enjoy the banter from the crowd but i think i over stepped the mark and i'm sorry for that. She will recieve a written letter of apology, it was nothing to bad but something i wished i hadn't said AND feel the need to apologise, hopefully she will accept it but if not i understand.
Either way i'm sure she will give me a spray next when our teams meet, as she has many times over the last few years.

ROCK
You sure the letter is necessary? You might just need to say something to her when you see her at the next game. By the way she just went about her business after the incident, you could probably give her a wave and all will be done and dusted. Her son's a hard nut and most likely gets it from her haha. Either way mate, you show a bit of character by offering the letter in the first place, hat off to you for that.

That's done. Number two for Colts, thats B. Jacobs? Played a blinder on Saturday, did anyone count his centre clearances? If so, how many did he get? And.....where did you get Julier from? have seen him play a few games and he seems to get better. Think it's a shame that the shanked kick in last year's grand final took the gloss off a great game for him.

ROCK
You sure the letter is necessary? You might just need to say something to her when you see her at the next game. By the way she just went about her business after the incident, you could probably give her a wave and all will be done and dusted. Her son's a hard nut and most likely gets it from her haha. Either way mate, you show a bit of character by offering the letter in the first place, hat off to you for that.

That's done. Number two for Colts, thats B. Jacobs? Played a blinder on Saturday, did anyone count his centre clearances? If so, how many did he get? And.....where did you get Julier from? have seen him play a few games and he seems to get better. Think it's a shame that the shanked kick in last year's grand final took the gloss off a great game for him.
went to watch a good game of footy colts vs spottie ive got on here and potted the colts in the past but to there credit they beat spottie and the men in white absoulute disgrace spottie would have had 15 more frees and 4or 5 ended up in goals thats the only reason they got so close .ports back line 20, 16,23 played great games and 16 for spottie was a standout along 21 from colts

Bit disappointed that the WRFL didn't show initiative and play a friday night game this weekend just past. With the AFL having the week off, it would have been a perfect time to stage another successful night match.
Would have had no competition to pull a crowd! And with some of this weekends match ups, it would have been great to see some of the WRFL's Rivals to play underlights. What are other peoples thoughts? These opportunities do not present themselves all the time and i think that a lack of initiative has been costly to the WRFL. It was great they got ANZAC day up and running. but i cant remember a time when there hasnt been a friday night game other than AFL finals to not compete with.

I think Hoppers have a big problem with a lack of height across the field.
This was proven with Jackson Litchfield having to play full back on Spooner and for Jackson sake it was lucky that Spooner didnt kick straight.
there main backman is Clonan but he can only be at 1 end of the field ata time, when they put him forward it make the backline look very vulnerable.
i think the Hoppers team are in dire straits at the moment.

How would we go with this guys

Elite Competition This would include sides that spend 70k upwards
Divi One
Greenvale ( Maybe they should be in the northen league)
Albion
Maribyrong Park
Port Colts
Spotswood
Hoppers Crossing
Keilor
West Coburg
Sunshine
St Albans
Strathmore
Aberfeldie

Divi 2 would includes sides that spend 50k upwards
Oak Park
Avondale Heights
Altona
Albanvale
Glenorden
West Footscray
Taylors Lakes
Doutta Stars
Craigieburn
West Meadows
Kilmore
Riddell
Yarraville Seddon Eagles
Keilor Park
East Keilor
Airport West

Divi Three would include sides that spend 40k upwards
Sydenham Hillside
Deer Park
Jacana
Nthern Saints FC
Rockbank
Lancefield
Sunbury Kangaroos
Melton Central
Western Magpies
Moonee Valley
Coburg Districts
Macedon FC

You could make 5 divisions, raise the standard, employ a more professional people to run the league. Come on guys whats your thoughts?

Is this matt fogerty?? didnt think he was gunna play this yr.. unless he has decided to come back and play.. can anyone from spotty confirm this

FOGERTY is having the year off something to do with work! Im sure he will be back next year. Have had his brother train with us a couple of times when not with the Jets, there must be something in the blood cause the old man was a legend at Spotty too im told.

FOGERTY is having the year off something to do with work! Im sure he will be back next year. Have had his brother train with us a couple of times when not with the Jets, there must be something in the blood cause the old man was a legend at Spotty too im told.
Ray, who is no.10for spotty? l think he was on McAnulty.I thought he went alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back