Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More pressure on Spotswood and Sunshine to win this week than their underdog opponents.
Both have very big games in round nine also and probably will be the two teams fighting for that crucial third spot.
Any thoughts on wether St Albans or Hoppers can cause an upset and really make this season as open as it has been for years.

colts at home to altona,it looks like being a dry weekend so that should suit the colts.Hopefully they put there heads over the footy this week against an altona side full of kids.After last weeks effort if i was in charge of altona i'd be preying for rain,they sound like there to top heavy and may be a touch soft.And i think st albans could be the big improvers in the second half of the season,but you would want to be on the cats from what ive seen so far this season.Good luck to all the teams this week.

BRING BACK THE BIFF

it was a bad game last week grizzley we didn't make use of our chances.

Talking about topheavy sides.

two i can think of are Spotty and Albion

If Fenton and Bettin play next time we play them, we will demorilise them, they have too many big bodies up forward and down back that do nothing, not taking anything away from buttina up forward for foran down back.

With spotswood, Rayzor18, big unit, Gotta start performing now.

I can confirm Caddy will be on the track down, as early as next week

If Fenton and Bettin play next time we play them, we will demorilise them, they have too many big bodies up forward and down back that do nothing, not taking anything away from buttina up forward for foran down back.

Yeah he`ll be on the track but not our one. Good mail buddy keep it up, you have all the info.

Gallea dropped down at Willy, whispers from down there thats he`s not happy. will he return to Spotty fair forward line if so Who will play full forward?

colt i love it how you know everything down our way, you get it all wrong saul will definately not be at the colts and if he does leave greenvale it will be to go to nth heidelberg, but we look set to sign daniel howse formerly of bundoora played last week greenvales seniors and performed very well. I f we do get him will be a great signing.

colts at home to altona,it looks like being a dry weekend so that should suit the colts.Hopefully they put there heads over the footy this week against an altona side full of kids.After last weeks effort if i was in charge of altona i'd be preying for rain,they sound like there to top heavy and may be a touch soft.And i think st albans could be the big improvers in the second half of the season,but you would want to be on the cats from what ive seen so far this season.Good luck to all the teams this week.

BRING BACK THE BIFF

With the game last week the game was slowed down alot, so impact was not as fast or hard as usual so if you think the game is harder in those conditions fair enough, but as many posters have private messaged me, soft is not a tag people from the wrfl associate with PORT COLTS, so you mite be laughing at your own silly jokes but most people are not giving it a second thought.

kaos23, any thought of a change to become kaos20 as of ur first game back in the cats superteam? correct me if im mistaken, there is already a 23 out on the park!:D

colt i love it how you know everything down our way, you get it all wrong saul will definately not be at the colts and if he does leave greenvale it will be to go to nth heidelberg, but we look set to sign daniel howse formerly of bundoora played last week greenvales seniors and performed very well. I f we do get him will be a great signing.

who gives a shit when caddy comes back we will smash colts again like we did last week

kaos23, any thought of a change to become kaos20 as of ur first game back in the cats superteam? correct me if im mistaken, there is already a 23 out on the park!:D
i tell you what showstopper82 because i'm a good bloke i'll wear number 20 for the rest of the year. if i ever get out there? by the way how's the shoulder?????????

I'm a massive wrap for Glenorden, beat us by 4 goals and hung around, drank beer, cracked jokes and had a full on good time....
A fantastic club and other clubs should learn from them...Go Roosters....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

went to a good game yesterday between Hoppers and Sunshine...quick match report...

hoppers dominated all day...were never going to lose after quarter time. few better players werre number 1, not sure of his name but kicked a bag of goals as a small forward, number 5, again not sure of his name but he was very good. love the way clonan and taylor split packs. the hardness of the hoppers players in the last 2 weeks has been really suprising, considering all ive heard about them from this site and other people how soft they are. hoppers also had a guy in the ruck who played well, forget his number...

for sunshine they didnt have many good players as you would expect by the scoreline, but i thought number 45 had a go, so did number 10 on the wing/half forward. number 28 at half back was solid also.

interesting to note the attention that went into brad murphy. number 26 tagged him all day and on 3 different occasions punched or kneed him clearly obvious from the sidelines and on the 4th occassion he elbowed murphy right in the face, knocking him to the ground and being sent off and a 50metre penalty. not sure if he was reported, id suggest he was as it was quite a big hit. despite the tag i thought murphy was one of hoppers better players.

rock, or other players/coaches what has been the impact of murphy on the league, how has everyone seen his first half of season?

in closing i think hoppers made sunshine look a little second rate, having seen spotty twice this year also i am still wondering how in hell sunshine beat them...looks like the race for the final 5 is going to be the closest it has been in years...

went to a good game yesterday between Hoppers and Sunshine...quick match report...

hoppers dominated all day...were never going to lose after quarter time. few better players werre number 1, not sure of his name but kicked a bag of goals as a small forward, number 5, again not sure of his name but he was very good. love the way clonan and taylor split packs. the hardness of the hoppers players in the last 2 weeks has been really suprising, considering all ive heard about them from this site and other people how soft they are. hoppers also had a guy in the ruck who played well, forget his number...

for sunshine they didnt have many good players as you would expect by the scoreline, but i thought number 45 had a go, so did number 10 on the wing/half forward. number 28 at half back was solid also.

interesting to note the attention that went into brad murphy. number 26 tagged him all day and on 3 different occasions punched or kneed him clearly obvious from the sidelines and on the 4th occassion he elbowed murphy right in the face, knocking him to the ground and being sent off and a 50metre penalty. not sure if he was reported, id suggest he was as it was quite a big hit. despite the tag i thought murphy was one of hoppers better players.

rock, or other players/coaches what has been the impact of murphy on the league, how has everyone seen his first half of season?

in closing i think hoppers made sunshine look a little second rate, having seen spotty twice this year also i am still wondering how in hell sunshine beat them...looks like the race for the final 5 is going to be the closest it has been in years...

I love the way you watch hoppers every week and then pretend not to know the players.......your a funny person.(luke phipps)
Anyway i was hoping to fire hoppers up to knock sunshine off, gives us a game break in the top 3.
Hoppers have some of the hardest players in the league and if they were soft would not have played so many final series in a row, i think the soft tag relates to so many failed final campaigns and with a bubget that the rest of the comp thinks is very high.

Some big games coming up over the next few weeks, that will really sort out the top 5.
It starts this week with sunshine v st.albans, the kangas will be down on confidence so the will need a good start,although the saints lost to spotty the were in it for along way and are performing alot better in recent weeks.
Albion v spotty will be another great contest and i think albion really need to win this to secure their top 3 spot, other than playing st.albans at home they have hoppers, colts, sunshine and spotty again all away. A tough second half of the year but so far have taken on all challengers.
What are others thoughts???? any known injuries that these teams have, that will hurt their structure.....mangan and theodore are massive losses for spotty.

Some big games coming up over the next few weeks, that will really sort out the top 5.
It starts this week with sunshine v st.albans, the kangas will be down on confidence so the will need a good start,although the saints lost to spotty the were in it for along way and are performing alot better in recent weeks.
Albion v spotty will be another great contest and i think albion really need to win this to secure their top 3 spot, other than playing st.albans at home they have hoppers, colts, sunshine and spotty again all away. A tough second half of the year but so far have taken on all challengers.
What are others thoughts???? any known injuries that these teams have, that will hurt their structure.....mangan and theodore are massive losses for spotty.
Spotty have a fair injury list.

Missing this week were Bond, Boothey, Cassidy, Mangan, Patak, Shannon, Theodore, P. Wilson.

I believe Corey Thomas is injured left the ground early on saturday but not sure how he is so could be right for this week

best for sunshine in a poor performance were mentha, hill and johnny donavan, i agree we did struggle from the first bounce and this week against stalbans won't be a gimme game

Maybe Sunshine are no where near as good as people make out.
Its ok to be young and quick, but you also need the mix with some hard big body type players.
Thats what makes, colts, hoppers and spotty so good. And the resultas prove this over the years.
Albion losing Thomas maybe a bigger loss than people may think. Without being a star, he holds down CHF and has been a key target for them so far. Very hard to replace key position players. But if spotswoods injury list is as bad as reported, it give Albion a good chance to be undefeated at the half way mark.
St Albans could be the side that sneaks 5th spot ahead of Sunshine.. Heard they really pushed spotswood on weekend.
Can anyone shed any light on goal kicking? butina getting 14 should have him on top? keenan would probably be in front, just? Big shoot out this week...

anyway know what injury was sustained?
he will find it very hard to get back in this side if fenton is coming up to centre half forward. maybe 2s all year for thomas?
Marshmellow head injured his ankle and shoulder at the same time. Although I do give him a lot of stick he is a good fella and I wish him well in his recovery. Another player struck down by the Yarraville curse!

Love your work big man. Very brave of you to take pot shots behind a computer. Every chance you are twice my size goose! Next time at least tell everyone who you are if you want to bag blokes!

Sorry mate I didnt know if it was you or that fat goal umpire named spozzy playing for albion in the 2s the other week i must got the wrong bloke keep up the good work cheesy arse :eek::eek::eek:

i wasnt a bad game between Spotty and St Albans on the weekend i think St Albans didnt capitalise on yeah early domination and when Spotty started to get on top late in the game St Albans had no answers.
Harris was good for Spotty and everytime i watch he never gets maned up and he gets a ton of it, he is a very underrated player.
After the game Jenson showed his true colours you are all class Ray.

why is it when ever someone gets bagged they always say give us your real name and so on. what a load of shit if you are getting bagged there are 3 things you could do.

1 cop it on the chin and dont bite back

2 give it back and have a bit of fun or

3 you could lag like a filthy YCW DOG or for that matter a Spotty DOG

NEVER EVER say give us your real name unless you want a clip then by all means say it.

Everyone is on notice dont make the same mistake again with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back