Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be some big ins for Albion -

Brad Hewitt, Adam Fenton, John Haldane, Chris Williams and Blake Richards. Heard big Ali played in the 2's last week.
throw in Bloomfield and Zerafa if werribee have the bye

Just like Geelong last week, Albion are due for a loss. Still a game clear on top if they do drop one.

surely not like geelong, 14 goals:p
hewitt will be cleared this week, fenno should be back, haldane not sure, williams back from a big bender in LA.:cool: richards not sure, Ali did play 2's not sure how he went though, and werribee 2's have a bye so if they let them play both of them will be inclusions this week.

will be a very good hitout though, Also Sunshine V Stalbans I would think is at this stage in the year the most critical game for the top 5, winner of this going into the brake has the upper hand come finals time i believe.

Just to inform all u guys. Thomas Isn't out for the year, just spoke with the ctrain and he will only be missing a few, not as bad as first suspected.

Whilst on next weeks game against West, I noticed on the RDFL site that Geddes is coaching one of the rep teams.

After quitting West for family reasons, I think he stated he didnt have the time to coach footy. Obviously he didnt have the time to coach West.

Has his moving on been seen as a good or bad thing for the club?

i think good but did he leave or was he asked to leave, i heard he was starting false rumors on big footy and them blaming them on other people saying such and such is this person saying this and that. not good if true and isnt liked by many down there. him and the assisant coach both quit and left when it was looking bad down there and they were both bagging other players who left and then done the same thing WEAK

the frenchman knows all

hewitt will be cleared this week, fenno should be back, haldane not sure, williams back from a big bender in LA.:cool: richards not sure, Ali did play 2's not sure how he went though, and werribee 2's have a bye so if they let them play both of them will be inclusions this week.

will be a very good hitout though, Also Sunshine V Stalbans I would think is at this stage in the year the most critical game for the top 5, winner of this going into the brake has the upper hand come finals time i believe.

Just to inform all u guys. Thomas Isn't out for the year, just spoke with the ctrain and he will only be missing a few, not as bad as first suspected.
Hewitt was cleared on Saturday night. Ali played in the 2's and to be honest did not look that interested so I wouldn't read to much into him playing much of a role until later in the year perhaps? Good news about Corey though.:thumbsu:

Hewitt is clear
Fenno is still a question - maybe after the break - Have to wait until Thursday night
Richards - Again have to wait until Thursday night
Haldane - Not yet
Both boys from Werribee are clear to play

Hewitt is clear
Fenno is still a question - maybe after the break - Have to wait until Thursday night
Haldane - Not yet

Surely Fenton will be right to play was itchin to play last week.

Be interesting week at the selection table if the players above are all available besides Haldane.:thumbsu:

Hewitt is clear
Haldane - Not yet
well if the 2 kids do play you better make sure you stick up for them because Jensen and Crackers will be throwing them around off the ball like they do to every 18 year old they come across like on last weekends game.

well if the 2 kids do play you better make sure you stick up for them because Jensen and Crackers will be throwing them around off the ball like they do to every 18 year old they come across like on last weekends game.

So that would be against the rules to impart physical pressure on a player in senior football.
I think it is smart football to try and throw kids around, if they are play senior football and stand up to it then you look the fool, because older players will thrive off the kids. If they go overboard then you hope the guys in white police it then.
If the kids can't handle it, then they will be much better for the experience when they go back to juniors

maybe they just followed on from the lead that some of them old things (cant call em players) runnin around in your seconds.

if the 2 kids your referring to are the boys from werribee,
one of them is almost 21 and is probably one the strongest and fittest guys i have met can certainly handle himself, not that i think he has anything to worry about unless he gets the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously dont know where people get this thought that Ray gets into kids or smaller players. We have all at Spotty seen him stand up to everybody he has played against (not saying he is the hit man of the comp). I havent played there long but have seen him go toe to toe with Aaron James and lay into Sam Ellis from Altona who is a big boy and goes pretty well. He also tackles and hurts the younger and smaller guys. Last time I checked, that was allowed in senior footy. He normally hurts them and this is highlighted and remembered I guess. If anybody saw him coughing up blood after backing back flat out in front of Caddy and being cleaned up (fairly) in last years final would appreciate his toughness. Im sure every team would rather him on their side than against him.

Stealing car keys from peoples bags and knocking off their car when they are playing footy isnt tough is it?

So that would be against the rules to impart physical pressure on a player in senior football.
I think it is smart football to try and throw kids around, if they are play senior football and stand up to it then you look the fool, because older players will thrive off the kids. If they go overboard then you hope the guys in white police it then.
If the kids can't handle it, then they will be much better for the experience when they go back to juniors

Its smart footy to terrorise kids is it?? Well done buddy great courage. If a kid is playin on you or your playin on a kid there is no need to terrorise them or play any different to an older player. Good on the kids for having a crack we`ve all been there.

Zefara is a very big unit but then so is Jensen could the Battle Of The Biceps if them two get near each other.

so cause there 18 we should go easy on them????? fair enough.

Rock, I do believe the players where made well aware of your enlighting comments.

Glad i could have been some assistance, the win gave us a bit of breathing space also, 4 points and 20% should be hard to make up especially if we win our next two and spotty knock hoppers in rd 10.

Do hoppers need any motivation to help get up for the game against spotty? if so let me know, coz you have no chance of beating them no matter what injuries they have.

Its smart footy to terrorise kids is it?? Well done buddy great courage. If a kid is playin on you or your playin on a kid there is no need to play any different to an older player. Good on the kids for having a crack we`ve all been there.

The player regardless of age if his playin first is subject to anything and everything any other player is subject too. I agree with rock you shouldnt change the way you play but if they do get stuck into us younger kids then its the senior players role to stick up for there younger team mates and let the other team now it wont be tolerated.

altona have a fair few kids that are first year players and are seeming to handle themselves good. I agree, no need to go any easier on the KIDS, but no need to hit them hard behind play, they won't know what to do, and agree future it is up to the senior guys to get involved.
I don't even think albion have 2 18 year old's on the team? footstar you would be the only one right? so i don't think jensen or keenan will be hitting hard behind play?

altona have a fair few kids that are first year players and are seeming to handle themselves good. I agree, no need to go any easier on the KIDS, but no need to hit them hard behind play, they won't know what to do, and agree future it is up to the senior guys to get involved.
I don't even think albion have 2 18 year old's on the team? footstar you would be the only one right? so i don't think jensen or keenan will be hitting hard behind play?

Senior football is called senior football for that reason. Once you step over the white line you are subject to everything that is fair. A little banter is always good and builds character. From what i know the boys from Werribee don't have a size issue.
I love the amount that big Ray is spoken about on here and how he is perceived. We all know he is a big boy so anyone he has a go at will always be smaller. How about we all get over the fact that yes he does have big muscles, and remember the fact that he plays hard, steps back from no one and he is a gentlemen at the end of each game what he gives out he more than doubles in what he gets. Oh and by the way he is a premiership captain honours like that don't come easy!

Now lets get back to footy! Spotswood have had a couple of stumbles. Sunshine pounced them and the game against colts could have gone either way. Albion on the other hand have not skipped a beat. Look for a surprise inclusion for Spotty this week!! Could swing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back