Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe spotty are miles ahead they are the most talented,but very very beatable as we and sunshine have proved.
Albion will bounce back,but it will be tough for them to hold on to that top 3 spot a win against st.albans in two weeks is a must.
Was savalas reported??

dont know if savalas was reported. i suggest he should of been. ive seen most teams play now and im sorry to burst ur bubble rock but spotty are clearly the best side, most talented, most versatille and if u could bet on the wrfl flag race they would be short priced favourites and id be having a quiet bit on them. but you are rite, anything can happen in footy as sunshine proved by touching up spotty a few weeks ago. i think ur wrong about albion bouncing back...they are an ordianary side, stop buttina and u stop their score. cant see them winning to many more but will still finish 4 i believe. the final 5 as i see it will be

Spotty
Colts
Hoppers
Albion
St Albans

went to see spotty v albion on weekend and confirmed what i and alot of others on here think. albion are simply no good away from home. i cant see them finishing in the top 3 as they play colts, hoppers and sunshine all away, and them 3 teams are the hardest "road trips" in the wrfl id think.

as for the game, spotty were brilliant and i believe are miles ahead of any other team in the comp. they had a few vfl listed players playing, who will only be one game wonders, but still there best players were all guys who play reguraly in the seniors. harris was good, didnt think he had 51 touches, but wont go against the radio stats guy ;). keenan is just so strong on the lead and doesnt drop to many marks. thought a young guy who played wing/hf was brilliant. his name escapes me at the moment.
as for albion, very undisciplined in the second half especially. what was steve savalas thinking....absolutely stupid and not a good example as coach of the footy club when ur under the pump to do something stupid like that is utterly unnacceptable. maybe he thought he was still playing at parkside and could bash whoever he wanted whenever he wanted?? :S

couple of noticeble absentees from the game, none bigger than number 9 for albion knezevic or whoever u spell it and none bigger than mangan from spotty. can anyone tell me whats wrong with these guys and when they will be back??

all in all albion are not a contender this year thats for sure. spotty have one hand and 4 fingers on the cup...

There was only one vfl player in jacko playing for spotty, and i think mango is only a couple away and knezevic did play

I totally agree with you Albion are pretenders. But I feel for Zavalas Ive got no doubt that idiot holding the white board gets in his ear, I thought Steve was better than that. back2back here we come.

The guy's name holding the white board is Robbie, he dags up my arse everytime he comes to port, if you ask me he is a real goose. Albion could do without him.

Now that everybody has seen each other once who do you reckon would be in the interlleague team if it was to be chosen. This is mine:
B: Middleton Fitzpatrick Sablich
HB: Linton Bonnett Zavalas
C: Barker Kelly Harris
HF: D.Jacobs Hoath B.Murphy
F: Turner Keenan Buttina
R: Julier Hollow O'Keefe
I: Foley, Millar, Dorwood, Miles, McGregor, Freeland, Jenkins

one game dont make winterfella albion were disappointing saturday thats correct in saying that thou every side in top 6 have now had a game or 2 they would love to forget eg spotty vs sunshine?? colts vs alb/ hoppers?? sunshine vs alb??
hoppers vs spotty ?? st albans vs colts?? question for you did or have you written those sides off to ??????

16 goals is more then dissapointing.
10 goals kicked against you in a quarter would be a worry also

F@#k, lose one game and you've ALL written the Cats off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:
...bad match for the team bar 2-3 players, WILL bounce back and WILL be a force away from home aswell.

If only Dicko didn't kick into the man on the mark from 10m out, it could of turn the game our way. Thanks RIP.:thumbsu:

dont know if savalas was reported. i suggest he should of been. ive seen most teams play now and im sorry to burst ur bubble rock but spotty are clearly the best side, most talented, most versatille and if u could bet on the wrfl flag race they would be short priced favourites and id be having a quiet bit on them. but you are rite, anything can happen in footy as sunshine proved by touching up spotty a few weeks ago. i think ur wrong about albion bouncing back...they are an ordianary side, stop buttina and u stop their score. cant see them winning to many more but will still finish 4 i believe. the final 5 as i see it will be

Spotty
Colts
Hoppers
Albion
St Albans

They have a great on ball brigade but versatillity is something they lack in my opinion, but no doubt the team to beat. As i have said though this port colts side is the best team i have coached also with many options up fwd{ winters still yet to play} the two best ruckmen in the comp and now with howse we have better depth in the midfield and a very very solid defense led by bonnett and taylor.
I'm a betting man and my money although it mite be biased would be on the colts and much better value for money if you have spotty so short.
I also think hoppers are getting it together and will be much better in the second half and will knock spotty off in rd 10...just wait and see.

Now that everybody has seen each other once who do you reckon would be in the interlleague team if it was to be chosen. This is mine:

D.jacobs has played in the centre and has kicked 20 goals, has not played at half fwd.
Hoath has maily played wing or deep fwd and obviously in the ruck, but could play anywhere as with d.jacobs.
Mcgregor has had a great first half and will only get better, but i think b.jacobs should be in this side would be leading our bnf he is getting better with age and a great leader, also les taylor is stiff but is har to get everyone in.

b.murphy is a fairy, dorwood is overrated other then them to not bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all this talk on spotswood starting to come out knocking off albion, little talk on the colts, we are just behind on % and have just scored the highest score of the season in fantastic form where is all the credit, we knocked off the blokes on juice and will do it again!

all this talk on spotswood starting to come out knocking off albion, little talk on the colts, we are just behind on % and have just scored the highest score of the season in fantastic form where is all the credit, we knocked off the blokes on juice and will do it again!

settle down colt08 it's pretty obvious yr not from port

only half way through the year so favouritism is irrelevent at this stage, in 05 we lost to st albans by 96 pts in the 2nd half of the yr and still won the flag so i wouldn't write albion after 1 loss

spotty probably are the team to beat but all they did on the weekend is prove that you have to be on yr game for 4 quaters to beat them

so far this yr we have seen upsets which proves everyone is capable but if your slightly off you will get beat, i think it is set up for an exciting 2nd half of the yr

good effort with the team...its a hard thing to do and i think uve given it a good crack.

Id have Buttina at Full Forward, not that its a big deal, but id have Keenan at FP. Buttina has been dominant forward and deserves the FF spot. dunno about Hoath at CHF, then again noone else has put their hand upto play there. Zavalas doesnt deserve to be in the side, he has hardly been in the best for albion and there are alot better players available for the back half. (noticed Hoppers crossing have the best defence in the league, none of there backman could squeeze in there, im not sure of any names except taylor and probably couldnt have him in their)

Fitzpatrick FB?? dunno about that maybe CHB, but he looks susseptable at FB. probably have Mangan there.

couple of points, there should be an interleague team, its ridiclous there isnt. other leagues do it, why cant the WRFL. wonder how the WRFL best would go against say the NFL or EDFL interleague squads?? anyone prepared to back the WRFL? i wouldnt.

and was thinking about the preseason when we all put our bets down for the Goalkicking winner and Comp medal. i had money on Hollow for the league medal and keenan for goal kicking. if the odds had to be done again what would they be?

Goal Kicking:

Kennan $1.90
Buttina $3.50
Others: $10

Comp Medal:

Hollow: $6.50
Hoath: $8.00
B.Murphy:10
Kelly:$15

anyone else care to give it a crack?

Conspiracy theory. Spotswood players on the juice.
Date : 25/05/2008
Time : 1900 hours
Place : Maclean Reserve The Avenue Spotswood.

A white delivery van entered the reserve and parked at the rear of the club rooms. Two men in white lab coats proceeded to unload boxes of an unknown substance.
Players warmed down and then filed into the home team change rooms. The green door was locked, the blinds were closed, and the ground lights were turned off. All was silent except for the sound of boxes opening.

What occurred in the rooms over the next 45 minutes was a mystery. One theorist suggests that the players may have consumed the contents of the boxes. Another theorist suggests that the players were meditating. Most theorists really don’t care.

As players left the rooms to go home, one interested passer by noticed that the skin on most players took on an orange- like colour. It was also reported that some players had pieces of what looked like the pulp of an orange stuck in their ears and hair. Other players were reported to smell like pineapple, mango and tropical crush. Two high profile players looked as though their skin had been dyed maroon. They smelt like berries.

*Breaking News*

A WRFLConspiracy.com double agent has now confirmed that Spotswood received delivery of ten spa baths at 0100 hours on the Morning of the 24/05/2008. These spa baths were filled with the mystery contents of the boxes before the players entered the rooms on the 25/05/2008. Players soaked in the contents for up to five minutes each. Further intelligence suggests that Spotswood players have been consuming this substance since they were born. Damn cheats! The agent was late coming forward with the intelligence and will be dealt with accordingly. Punishment will entail watching WRFL Division Two reserves. Albion’s spy ‘Eagle Eye’ failed to report back anything of real value. He has been sacked and was last seen forward scouting for Hoppers Crossing Auskick.

Conspiracy theory. Spotswood players on the juice.
Date : 25/05/2008
Time : 1900 hours
Place : Maclean Reserve The Avenue Spotswood.

A white delivery van entered the reserve and parked at the rear of the club rooms. Two men in white lab coats proceeded to unload boxes of an unknown substance.
Players warmed down and then filed into the home team change rooms. The green door was locked, the blinds were closed, and the ground lights were turned off. All was silent except for the sound of boxes opening.

What occurred in the rooms over the next 45 minutes was a mystery. One theorist suggests that the players may have consumed the contents of the boxes. Another theorist suggests that the players were meditating. Most theorists really don’t care.

As players left the rooms to go home, one interested passer by noticed that the skin on most players took on an orange- like colour. It was also reported that some players had pieces of what looked like the pulp of an orange stuck in their ears and hair. Other players were reported to smell like pineapple, mango and tropical crush. Two high profile players looked as though their skin had been dyed maroon. They smelt like berries.

*Breaking News*

A WRFLConspiracy.com double agent has now confirmed that Spotswood received delivery of ten spa baths at 0100 hours on the Morning of the 24/05/2008. These spa baths were filled with the mystery contents of the boxes before the players entered the rooms on the 25/05/2008. Players soaked in the contents for up to five minutes each. Further intelligence suggests that Spotswood players have been consuming this substance since they were born. Damn cheats! The agent was late coming forward with the intelligence and will be dealt with accordingly. Punishment will entail watching WRFL Division Two reserves. Albion’s spy ‘Eagle Eye’ failed to report back anything of real value. He has been sacked and was last seen forward scouting for Hoppers Crossing Auskick.

GOLD!!! Love your work!!

A few Albion supporters were complaining about the Williamstown listed players playing for spotswood, to clarify there was only 1 jackson Barling.
The HF/wing that escaped someone is Chris O'keefe absolute gun one of the best recruits of the year if not the best. Good to see Steve Zavalas doing what he does best loosing his cool, very silly. I've heard he has been reported and is on 12 weeks already could be in trouble. Good to see Stephen Puhar back to the form that saw him grab team of the year honours last year.

what's everyone doing with the week off?? what u got the colt boys doing rock? extra training on the saturday or just relax/week off?

Id throw brett jacobs in there, his on fire this year and chris brannan.

O`Keefe would have to be one of the best recruits so far, havent seen Hollow yet but spoke to a Spotty player and he said they held when they played him. Who do you tag for Spotty Harris or O`Keefe both big possesion getters and goal kickers.
Albions weakest line is there backline too small Zavalas has to push back in to backs help to much which dries up there run out of there. Turner is good to watch very competive.

I totally agree with you Albion are pretenders. But I feel for Zavalas Ive got no doubt that idiot holding the white board gets in his ear, I thought Steve was better than that. back2back here we come.

Because geelong lost to Collingwood last week, does that make them pretenders? Every team has had a bad game this year so you cant take to much from one game. Spotty were very good one the day though

Id throw brett jacobs in there, his on fire this year and chris brannan.

O`Keefe would have to be one of the best recruits so far, havent seen Hollow yet but spoke to a Spotty player and he said they held when they played him. Who do you tag for Spotty Harris or O`Keefe both big possesion getters and goal kickers.
Albions weakest line is there backline too small Zavalas has to push back in to backs help to much which dries up there run out of there. Turner is good to watch very competive.

Your right in who do you tag they both win a lot of the ball and do some damage on the score board. Brett Jacobs has been one of the quiet achievers of the league. People who know there footy would agree very well respected great player and if Colts got up last year in the granny would most likely have taken out the herb pascal medal, he has been the same even through juniors. Would like to see Brannan be a little more consistant good set of hands and when on works hard on the lead.

i think Albion have been playing one style of footy and on the weakend they didn't know how to adjust to a different styled opponent.

Because geelong lost to Collingwood last week, does that make them pretenders? Every team has had a bad game this year so you cant take to much from one game. Spotty were very good one the day though

Geelong haven't been on big footy talking themselves up though. on the other side. I'm sure that Albion will bounce back and consolidate themselves in the top 5. As long as they haven't imploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back