Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to a air some frustration at my club and another who I watched on the weekend. When Yarraville Seddon travelled to Altona in round 9, I left bitterly disappointed seeing my club members selling beer tickets and not supporting other clubs. In a time where all clubs rely on bars sales as a result of higher affiliation costs and player payments increasing far beyond some capabilities it's disheartening, and something which should be prevented or minimized from what I have observed over the last month. This in my eyes shows little respect and to use fund raising as an excuse is not acceptable. How quickly some forget. On the weekend I watched the first half of Albion and St Albans and the saints supporters and seconds players simply walked slab after slab from the car park to their bench area. If this is what local footy is coming to it's a real shame. Are the days of drinking with the opposition teams gone? I was amazed to see St Albans committee allow this after the whole competition supported the first under lights game at Kings Park reserve which would have been a huge money spinner. What are your thoughts?
The club that you mention have been doing it for years.

Played in the seconds. Went well and was chaired off at end of game and interviewed on the radio show by Kevin Hillier. Has played seniors this year and may do so again.

Should have played 1's in my eyes. I understand that sentiment can only carry you so far but he wouldnt have been any worse than the 21st player chosen? In fact the game I saw them against Albion a few weeks ago he was 1 of their better players. On top of that, surely thats added incentive and motivation for the day against a top side. Pretty poor I think and maybe a lost opportunity for Hoppers in a game where they needed the guys to dig a little deeper when the game was there to be won. Ripper bloke too.

Just want to a air some frustration at my club and another who I watched on the weekend. When Yarraville Seddon travelled to Altona in round 9, I left bitterly disappointed seeing my club members selling beer tickets and not supporting other clubs. In a time where all clubs rely on bars sales as a result of higher affiliation costs and player payments increasing far beyond some capabilities it's disheartening, and something which should be prevented or minimized from what I have observed over the last month. This in my eyes shows little respect and to use fund raising as an excuse is not acceptable. How quickly some forget. On the weekend I watched the first half of Albion and St Albans and the saints supporters and seconds players simply walked slab after slab from the car park to their bench area. If this is what local footy is coming to it's a real shame. Are the days of drinking with the opposition teams gone? I was amazed to see St Albans committee allow this after the whole competition supported the first under lights game at Kings Park reserve which would have been a huge money spinner. What are your thoughts?

If this is the case it is disgraceful. Clubs have survived over the years by supporting each other if clubs are that desperate for money then they should have a good look at their fund raising. i must say i think the social behaviour of crowds have declined, spectators are willing to say anything to players and i have seen some uncalled for abuse thrown at loosing teams. Can't a team walk off in peace with the defeat enough. Clubs should introduce a code of conduct for supporters. Some clubs are disgracful.

we were also very disapointing on saturday lucky to win in the end. we played just over a quarter of good football, credit to west footscray though they stood tall and will be good in the next few years. does anyone give altona reserves a crack at the flag this year? just outside the 5 with a few players to come in and a few under 18s maybe to get into the mix?? with a very high percentage, with hoppers crossing, albion, glenorden in the nesxt three we could be sitting in the top 3.[/quote]

no hope of sitting in top 3

West Footscray up at half time, Altona what happen there Future29?

worst ive seen sunshine play yesterday seem like they lacked leadership someone to put there hand Mentha had a crack along with quinn. There strenght in the past was there midfield which was well down Comer is a big loss. Colts very pretty good yesterday in every line pressure was awesome. Howse fits in very well down there his footy compliments our side.

dont know mate i wasnt there , caught up with a few of the boys (at the ball ) sat night and they seemed pretty happy to get away with a win. Didnt play the best footy weve played all year i here so to sneak away with a win is good for the club.

From the WRFl WEBSITE : Brent could have easily gone to another club or league, but he has been loyal to the club and his friends. Brent, now in his 30’s follows the recent footsteps of Robert Cavka, Dale Dickson, Greg Doyle and Shane Buckingham in reaching the 300 game milestone.

So what are his football plans beyond the ’08 season, “ I’m unsure at this stage what I’ll do next year, I’ll just wait and see”.
Hoppers Crossing Football Club has been very fortunate to have a loyal player such as Splinter at their club. Lets hope the club and players repay him by making his day a special one this Saturday against Spotswood.

Well done Splint.

Hoppers Crossing Football Club. (WHAT A QUALITY CLUB HEY??)
hoppers are a quality club just take a look how they treated the reserves coach from last year, sacked after going through the whole season undefeated, also the way they treated M Sutton after he helped the club to a premiership and wanted to go back home they asked for the sign on fee back, indeed they are a quality club

Now that we have cleaned up the streets of Melbourne, we will turn our attention to local football and what happens on and off the ground. First club will be Port Colts. We know there are a lot of bad people at the club so watch out.

bad boys bad boys watch ya gonna do watch ya gonna do when we come for you

Now that we have cleaned up the streets of Melbourne, we will turn our attention to local football and what happens on and off the ground. First club will be Port Colts. We know there are a lot of bad people at the club so watch out.

bad boys bad boys watch ya gonna do watch ya gonna do when we come for you

Yea we are all bad, so bad our missus put curfew's on us....haha.

Nice alias but.

geee havn't been on the boards for a whilee. been quite though. smoothcrimal knows what hes talking about. big game rock07 you gonna play?

geee havn't been on the boards for a whilee. been quite though. smoothcrimal knows what hes talking about. big game rock07 you gonna play?

No i will have another rest, but we should have masis and millen available so definately a strong list to choose from.
So your list should be full strength also apart from coach savalas.

hoppers are a quality club just take a look how they treated the reserves coach from last year, sacked after going through the whole season undefeated, also the way they treated M Sutton after he helped the club to a premiership and wanted to go back home they asked for the sign on fee back, indeed they are a quality club

:thumbsdown: Yeah quality club alright!
They had a premiership reunion on saturday celebrating their first A grade premiership.The coach of that premiership was running for Spotty under 18's and knew nothing about it, wasn't even invited!
Apparently they couldnt get in with contact him?????????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

They had a premiership reunion on saturday celebrating their first A grade premiership.The coach of that premiership was running for Spotty under 18's and knew nothing about it, wasn't even invited!

Hoppers don't have a heart beat, they have won there 2 flags by importing overpaid players from Werribee or else where. They don't know how to bleed for each other cause they feel more comfortable in cotton wool then they do on a football field!!!

It was a past players day, not a premiership reunion. Their 1st A grade flag was in 2002. Doubt whether Dim-Simmons would miss out on a free p#ss up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoppers don't have a heart beat, they have won there 2 flags by importing overpaid players from Werribee or else where. They don't know how to bleed for each other cause they feel more comfortable in cotton wool then they do on a football field!!!

My old man played footy at Hoppers in the 80's. They have always managed to contact him for past player days, even though he rarely attends. Im not a big fan of the hoppers footy club, but they always look after the past players. Thier double standards / hierarcy can be questioned though..... especially after you sack a undefeated coach who blooded heaps of kids into the seniors......

My old man played footy at Hoppers in the 80's. They have always managed to contact him for past player days, even though he rarely attends. Im not a big fan of the hoppers footy club, but they always look after the past players. Thier double standards / hierarcy can be questioned though..... especially after you sack a undefeated coach who blooded heaps of kids into the seniors......

Im pretty confident it had nothing to do with his coaching record

I think you will find that the undefeated two's coach from hoppers was not well liked by the majority of the playing group.

Lets just say he had his favourites.

Also as far as being undefeated goes anyone could of coached that two's side to a flag.

The coach has a history of coaching sides that wouldnt loose no matter who the coach was and it makes him out to look like a star

I think you will find that the undefeated two's coach from hoppers was not well liked by the majority of the playing group.

Lets just say he had his favourites.

Also as far as being undefeated goes anyone could of coached that two's side to a flag.

The coach has a history of coaching sides that wouldnt loose no matter who the coach was and it makes him out to look like a star

Well from all reports, he is doing a fair job at Sunshine...... I think it might be frosty who has a few favourites there and thats the reason that he isnt there. The side probably could have been coached by a monkey, but a twos coach is there to blood younger players into the seniors. i would say that hoppers has a fair few kids play senior footy thanks to people like the former coach. He might have stepped on a few toes when it came to the grand final, and a few blokes had a sook about being dropped, well that is the way every club would operate and they are the cancer at the football club, not the coach.........
The rest of the football world laughs at Hoppers and decisions like that!

if you are iggnorant and dont know facts be quiet
facts are..
2002 premiers 13 ex hoppers juniors played in side after returning from werribbee,
2004 premiers 14 ditto
was not a 2002 premiers reunion was a past players day and larry was there. as i said dont know dont comment....

facts are..
2002 premiers 13 ex hoppers juniors played in side after returning from werribbee,
2004 premiers 14 ditto
was not a 2002 premiers reunion was a past players day and larry was there. as i said dont know dont comment....

Listen up champ there is a new sheriff in town, do me a favour and shut the f**k up, ill sort out all the bullshit that is being said.

facts are..
2004 premiers 14 ditto

1st thing Larry was there cause he was running for Spotty 18's
2nd i made no comments about the reunion and don't care.
3rd the fact that about half the side played juniors at hoppers goes to show that even when breed at hoppers they still have no heart. well done on buying 2 flags even your juniors who have been successful else wear and have returned still love raping the club of cash. You would be surprised with what i do know, so don't jump to conclusions and assume i don't!

1st thing Larry was there cause he was running for Spotty 18's
2nd i made no comments about the reunion and don't care.
3rd the fact that about half the side played juniors at hoppers goes to show that even when breed at hoppers they still have no heart. well done on buying 2 flags even your juniors who have been successful else wear and have returned still love raping the club of cash. You would be surprised with what i do know, so don't jump to conclusions and assume i don't!
knowing you are aligned with spotty , you should be able to tell us all how many of last years premeir side were originals from spotty ,dont try and tell us they and imports played fpr love of club,if you know so much about hoppers name players you consider raping club ,

knowing you are aligned with spotty , you should be able to tell us all how many of last years premeir side were originals from spotty ,dont try and tell us they and imports played fpr love of club,if you know so much about hoppers name players you consider raping club ,

Firstly i'm not aligned with spotty i was just at the game watching and i happen to know Larry very well. Don't try and tell me that hoppers haven't payed big money in the past they are notorious for throwing around cash. I don't think that this is the forum to throw names around. Just cope it as what i know!!

A few things for everyone to consider. For starters i get the impression that the powers that be who administer the league do read this forum occasionally, lets try and generate some creative and constructive comments on improving the league and getting more people to the game.

Firstly, a minimum standard in playing surfaces and facilities. I understand that upgrading facilities is often a council issue, but surely some pressure can be placed on them by the key users, ie the clubs.
To many grounds were in ordinary condition before we got rain, and are much worse now.
Second, the league enforce its poaching laws! Make clubs look outside the league for players (improves standard)
Scheduling, have if possible more games on Friday nights and Saturday twilight/night. If the facilities are in place, you may as well use them.
Clubs take control and ownership of their crowd behaviour. There have been a few incidents this year where player safety may have been comprimised.
Sustainability, at the end of each season, clubs should have to submit reports on their financial situation and forecasts going forward to ensure that we have financially viable clubs in both divisions.

Comments??

A few things for everyone to consider. For starters i get the impression that the powers that be who administer the league do read this forum occasionally, lets try and generate some creative and constructive comments on improving the league and getting more people to the game.

Firstly, a minimum standard in playing surfaces and facilities. I understand that upgrading facilities is often a council issue, but surely some pressure can be placed on them by the key users, ie the clubs.
To many grounds were in ordinary condition before we got rain, and are much worse now.
Second, the league enforce its poaching laws! Make clubs look outside the league for players (improves standard)
Scheduling, have if possible more games on Friday nights and Saturday twilight/night. If the facilities are in place, you may as well use them.
Clubs take control and ownership of their crowd behaviour. There have been a few incidents this year where player safety may have been comprimised.
Sustainability, at the end of each season, clubs should have to submit reports on their financial situation and forecasts going forward to ensure that we have financially viable clubs in both divisions.

Comments??

I think they are great ideas. I think the league needs to step up their professionalism. If they want a thriving successful league then they need to insure that all clubs are heading in the right direction. i think there are too many people just sitting around expecting things to happen without thinking about serious ways to make improvements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back