Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrflrandom

Debutant
Feb 16, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
[Continued from: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196891 - Chief]

Not an actual side but just naming a few in different areas... might get some discussion going from all teams.

Backs - bright, magnusson, linton, kairns, martin, thorn(new), lubke(new)

Mids - mcgoldrick, acreman, travvy, older(new), harrison, glowacki, foley, mentha, donovan, quinn, lyons

Forwards - goring, carroll, king(new), connor, woods(new), hedditch, bunworth(new)

Rucks - millar, matt harper(new), mcinneny

13Cabs you named 28 players in an earlier post but since you believe you will run out with a full strength side on friday who would you say would not make the cut out of the above for this game?

Re: Western Region Football League team

Think we will pick our best available side for Friday, and the rest will play Sunday. Might even have an extended bench with some guys playing a half in both games. Either way there will be some pretty handy footballers going around Sunday, not sure how good Albanvale are but it could be a decent game. tige not sure what the name of the ground is, but its at sunbury... the team from the Ballarat Footy League. Not sure of the kick off but i reckon about 6 - 6.30ish.

The game is at Clarke Oval, ill be there for a look, interested to see how Sunshine go. Sunbury have lost 11 players from there starting 18 from last years GF side so they will be a 7-8 goal worst team than last year, should be a good match though.

Any word on whether Venner is still having a run around at Hoppers?

Venner played a little more than a half against Werribee last week, played mostly forward. Have heard from a reliable source that the 'big scary guy" would struggle to play two's at any of the other top sides in the comp? Also how will Dougies working arrangements fit in with his footy? It was also mentioned that the former West Footscray Captain was spotted in negotiations with a a hoppers official, surley thing cant be that desperate at Hogans Road.

Your source is way off the mark, "the big scary guy" is 6ft3 and a unit, he knows only 1 way and that is to attack the ball and the man, he wears forwards like a 2nd shadow. Would play seniors at any club from WRFL.

Just looking for some info on two bloke from west footscray Tom Cotton and Heath Davidson they have put clearences in for Bacchus marsh. What sort of players are they?

Your source is way off the mark, "the big scary guy" is 6ft3 and a unit, he knows only 1 way and that is to attack the ball and the man, he wears forwards like a 2nd shadow. Would play seniors at any club from WRFL.

Seems like you know the grounds up sunbury way well and moody is from darley, maybe tige you are actually moody and your trying to pump yourself up a little....if not so be it but does seem strange that your posting how big and strong moody is and has heaps of tatts, seems like your trying to put up a bluff...
So whats the story with dougy thomas, have heard he will be 20 days away with work then back for 10 days and so on,if so he will miss alot of games but qualify for finals....if true.

Heard yesterday that the league had asked deer park if they would come up to first div this year....deer park said yes on the proviso of no league fees this year and only half next yea, the league knocked them back and in turn deer park rejected the offer.

Heard yesterday that the league had asked deer park if they would come up to first div this year....deer park said yes on the proviso of no league fees this year and only half next yea, the league knocked them back and in turn deer park rejected the offer.
good rumor, but who would they be replacing?
Any updates on Albion from anyone? best team line up

It sounds like he is a yeti that has wandered down from the gorge , I suppose he eats raw meat as well.:)

surely somebody know when the week off is this year is, a simple anwser would be appreciated!

that means keep ur trap shut darren melton, or ill get karen to start getting you to take the bins out with her

surely somebody know when the week off is this year is, a simple anwser would be appreciated!

that means keep ur trap shut darren melton, or ill get karen to start getting you to take the bins out with her

The week off is on the weekend of the 7th June 08.

It wouldnt end with the bins being taken out, ask Sammy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Albans are keeping there cards very close to their chest at this stage.
should be a ripper game next friday night under lights at Kings Park against Albion i am expecting a big crowd this could be really good for the wrfl with plenty of people from other leagues coming to have a look.
one thing for certain is that St Albans will have the strongest forward line in the comp with Fitzpatrick, Swadiak, Spooner, Bakoulous, Craig and Arena and the midfield rotating through there with the likes of Hollow, Dawson, Ford and Pisani

should be a ripper game next friday night under lights at Kings Park against Albion i am expecting a big crowd this could be really good for the wrfl with plenty of people from other leagues coming to have a look.
one thing for certain is that St Albans will have the strongest forward line in the comp with Fitzpatrick, Swadiak, Spooner, Bakoulous, Craig and Arena and the midfield rotating through there with the likes of Hollow, Dawson, Ford and Pisani

I beg to differ on who has the stongest forward lines,
WITTMER,HOATH,CLARKE,D.JACOBS,BRANNAN,MCGREGOR,WINTERS,
MACANULTY, PERKINS, WILLIAMS and the likes of twomey,masis,critch,b.jacobs,a partridge changing through there also.

MACANULTY, PERKINS, WILLIAMS and the likes of twomey,masis,critch,b.jacobs,a partridge changing through there also.

Any team with 15 forwards is going to be hard to beat.

Brilliant, forward lines are great, they always look good at training, brilliant warming up, and pacing about, but do you have a midfield/half back line to deliver the ball to them?
If the ball isn't down there, the forwards are as good as garden gnomes!
I don't know any of the guys mentioned...... so do you have a mid field to give them supply?

i knew that would get a response from you clarkey, well only time will tell but i personnally think Bakoulous will bre the best forward in the comp after a few games under his belt.
will you be coming down on the friday night to have a look at the match, i am sure you and little johnny will be down there with your note pads.

port would have to have the strongest forward line im tipping wittmar clarke d.jacobs and i like the look up young jason perkins who will play midfield but have heard can kick a goal and take a grab.
stalbans will have a good forward line, care to share a top 22??

Clarke, Winters, Macanulty, add Jacobs and maybe 1 more will head the scoring up for the colts. Can't see anyone else there that would trouble the scoring on a consistent basis.

STILL WANT TO SEE THE BEST POSSIBLE LINE UP'S FOR SPOTSWOOD, STALBANS AND ALBION

only seen port, hoppers and sunshine so far!

Brilliant, forward lines are great, they always look good at training, brilliant warming up, and pacing about, but do you have a midfield/half back line to deliver the ball to them?
I don't know any of the guys mentioned...... so do you have a mid field to give them supply?

I believe their midfield will posses Ford Dawson Pisani Hollow Arena and Agius

St Albans will have the best midfield they have had in a long time the blokes i mentioned are all quality footballers and add aguis, garing and fitzpatrick and as anyone who knows footy will know that only a couple of new onballers strengthen a team beacause it pushes blokes to the flanks and there will be a couple more addittions to the midfield that i cant mention

St Albans will have the best midfield they have had in a long time the blokes i mentioned are all quality footballers and add aguis, garing and fitzpatrick and as anyone who knows footy will know that only a couple of new onballers strengthen a team beacause it pushes blokes to the flanks and there will be a couple more addittions to the midfield that i cant mention
is there a reason you can't mention? could they be still at other clubs?
or are they BIG signings?
A week before the season is a bit late for additions you can't mention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back