Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha lets not get ahead of ourselves mate. not sure if u are even actually from sunshine. this week should be a cracker, both teams are obviously playing good footy so we're looking forward to it. have mentha and possibly acreman to come back in, also with harrison, magnussen and mcgoldrick a chance to play this week. finally might actually have a full list to pick from.

Rock, in regards to Yarra, you asking because you want a week off?
A bye is no good to anyone, and then everyone misses out on playing on the best surface in the league.

haha lets not get ahead of ourselves mate. not sure if u are even actually from sunshine. this week should be a cracker, both teams are obviously playing good footy so we're looking forward to it. have mentha and possibly acreman to come back in, also with harrison, magnussen and mcgoldrick a chance to play this week. finally might actually have a full list to pick from.

if teams were in the sitautions of sunshine's where a player like acreman has had a lengthy spell on the sidelines would they tend to bring him straight into the 1s or give him a week or 2 in the magoos to find his feet.
wot would an approriate layoff be to have to hve to come back through the 2s

if teams were in the sitautions of sunshine's where a player like acreman has had a lengthy spell on the sidelines would they tend to bring him straight into the 1s or give him a week or 2 in the magoos to find his feet.
wot would an approriate layoff be to have to hve to come back through the 2s
Possibly until he gets his jaw broken

do the cats a favour champ and keep off here cats along way to go yet

yes the cats are looking good at the moment, but yes there is still a long way to go. Albion still with a few players to come back in the next few weeks, felton and dicko will add a bit more height.
this week should be a ripper game with a shot out between king (5 last week as predicted) and butina (7)
Brad murphy played a solid game back nothing special, number 5 for hoppers was best for them and almost got them over the line
Spotty still a ?, have not beaten anyone as yet

yes the cats are looking good at the moment, but yes there is still a long way to go. Albion still with a few players to come back in the next few weeks, felton and dicko will add a bit more height.
this week should be a ripper game with a shot out between king (5 last week as predicted) and butina (7)
Brad murphy played a solid game back nothing special, number 5 for hoppers was best for them and almost got them over the line

Dickson won't get a game, to old and slow and always gets goals kicked on him. He has been o/s and done nothing for a month, the cats are better off without him.

Also the whispers around the wrfl that spotty's next big youngster is Jack Cairns i think in the under 12's or 14's, look out for him in the future

yeh when was the last time they beat a team above them.

Albion vs Hoppers game was good to watch, a great hitout between 2 teams who will figure heavily in September. Albion like the in hard contested type of game, they dont run as well as other teams so there ground suits there style of football. They have Butina who is a great option up forward and some solid onballers, Zavallas is just another footballer time has caught up with him but there CHB is the key to there defence. They are a well drilled unit who push back hard to clog up the oppositions forward line.

Hoppers on the other hand to me seemed to struggle with the conditions and ground, they like to spread the ball and run they where clearly the more skillfull team, they only played 1 qtr for the day and that was the 3rd where they looked a class above Albion. They where hit with there CHF going down in the 2nd qtr which hampered there goal opportunities. If you play in and tight with Hoppers they will struggle however if you let them move the ball and have space they will carve through opposition teams.

Overall Albion deserved there win, they are a professional team who play tight contested footy however I think had the game been at Hoppers the result would have been very different.

Albions best where Butina who is as classy as they come at local level,Turner and Dorwood and for Hoppers K.Murphy,B.Murphy who is silky and Downey who is a hard match up for oppositon backman.

2 good teams though who are hard to split, come seasons end I would think I would still back the Warriors.

This week ill be off to the Albion vs Sunshine game and will give another report of that.

Albion vs Hoppers game was good to watch, a great hitout between 2 teams who will figure heavily in September. Albion like the in hard contested type of game, they dont run as well as other teams so there ground suits there style of football. They have Butina who is a great option up forward and some solid onballers, Zavallas is just another footballer time has caught up with him but there CHB is the key to there defence. They are a well drilled unit who push back hard to clog up the oppositions forward line.

Hoppers on the other hand to me seemed to struggle with the conditions and ground, they like to spread the ball and run they where clearly the more skillfull team, they only played 1 qtr for the day and that was the 3rd where they looked a class above Albion. They where hit with there CHF going down in the 2nd qtr which hampered there goal opportunities. If you play in and tight with Hoppers they will struggle however if you let them move the ball and have space they will carve through opposition teams.

Overall Albion deserved there win, they are a professional team who play tight contested footy however I think had the game been at Hoppers the result would have been very different.

Albions best where Butina who is as classy as they come at local level,Turner and Dorwood and for Hoppers K.Murphy,B.Murphy who is silky and Downey who is a hard match up for oppositon backman.

2 good teams though who are hard to split, come seasons end I would think I would still back the Warriors.

This week ill be off to the Albion vs Sunshine game and will give another report of that.
this post way of the mark you ob are from hoppers last 3 years hoppers hav thrashd albion on albions home turf 80 + pts ?? and on hoppers home turf albion should of won 2 times albion dont get numbers back not a game plan they actually back there defenders to win one on one and zavalis been bog nearly in 3 games prior hoppers kicked 3 of there goals from 50mtr penalties which was from over umpiring and should not of been paid overall score board flattered hoppers

look i agree albion are a good side early and are looking very strong. but do they have sunshines speed? i think albion are better then hoppers and oviously showed it on the weekend, i don't know what or how the game went but if as you said nudgeme hoppers played one qtr and only lost by 17 pts to a quality side they must of played a bloody good qtr.

when we played albion we were outran by a fitter side, but seeing though albion have recruited all older blokes and are not a very young side i think a lot of teams will overtake them in the fitness section and they will slowly fade during the year.

after a few rounds i have a new top 5
port melbourne- quality side, will start to expand over the upcoming weeks
spotswood- still a quality side won't drop to many more like last week
albion/sunshine- still undecided 3rd 4th both good sides, lets look this week
hoppers- i don't know much about them will see in a few weeks

this post way of the mark you ob are from hoppers last 3 years hoppers hav thrashd albion on albions home turf 80 + pts ?? and on hoppers home turf albion should of won 2 times albion dont get numbers back not a game plan they actually back there defenders to win one on one and zavalis been bog nearly in 3 games prior hoppers kicked 3 of there goals from 50mtr penalties which was from over umpiring and should not of been paid overall score board flattered hoppers

good call darren albion dominated the 1 st half and the only reason hoppers were still in the game after half time was the very soft 50 mtr penalties which resulted in 3 goals.. typical hoppers comment they moved the ball better and only played 1 quarter hoppers never looked like winning with a 5 to 6 goal breeze the score was level at 3/4 time.. albion were the better and harder side on the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look i agree albion are a good side early and are looking very strong. but do they have sunshines speed? i think albion are better then hoppers and oviously showed it on the weekend, i don't know what or how the game went but if as you said nudgeme hoppers played one qtr and only lost by 17 pts to a quality side they must of played a bloody good qtr.

when we played albion we were outran by a fitter side, but seeing though albion have recruited all older blokes and are not a very young side i think a lot of teams will overtake them in the fitness section and they will slowly fade during the year.

after a few rounds i have a new top 5
port melbourne- quality side, will start to expand over the upcoming weeks
spotswood- still a quality side won't drop to many more like last week
albion/sunshine- still undecided 3rd 4th both good sides, lets look this week
hoppers- i don't know much about them will see in a few weeks

hey mate u want 2 have a look at colts list would be older than albions and very top heavy so dont contradict urself champ

yer older blokes at port melbourne but we have a lot of 22-24 year old players, looking at albion all seems to look between 25-28? i would only be guessing. but that's from what I saw round 2

hey mate u want 2 have a look at colts list would be older than albions and very top heavy so dont contradict urself champ

COLT08 is definately not from colts, let's leave it at that

I would say colts would probably have an average under under albions but that's just a guess with 2 19 year olds and with 3 over 30 but the majority is 21 to 26....i don't think it matters to much anyway, people have been saying for awhile that colts are getting old, well i'm the oldest and i'm feeling ok so really it's just a number especially at this level, it's not like the speed of the game is so great.

I have seen Hoppers play 2 or 3 times over the last few years so if that makes me from Hoppers then so be it, I suppose it doesn't matter that I am 40+ and live in Sunshine (hence the reason I watch more Albion matches) now does it?

Just my honest opinion on the game, Albion are a very different side to last year, at least 8-10 players I didnt recognise, they are very well drilled and will be amongst it come seasons end I just think Hoppers have more scope to work with, younger fitter and more skillfull that is just my observation.

At the end of the day the top 5 is going to be a raffle and any team will have a chance, that is how close I see it.

Is the rumour true that Barry from Hoppers did his knee on the weekend and will miss the rest of the year.
If this is true it is a huge lose for Hoppers as he was one of the only talls in a small side.

Dickson won't get a game, to old and slow and always gets goals kicked on him. He has been o/s and done nothing for a month, the cats are better off without him.

Also the whispers around the wrfl that spotty's next big youngster is Jack Cairns i think in the under 12's or 14's, look out for him in the future

jack Charlston. He is a freak. I think he is bottom age under 16's this year. Has won 3 or 4 comp medals in a row. Things change when kids get older and people catch up to them we all know that but people who have seen him play say he is 1 of the best juniors they had ever seen, better than a lot of big name AFL players at the same age. A great young kid too and his parents are top people so I hope he does make it.

jack Charlston. He is a freak. I think he is bottom age under 16's this year. Has won 3 or 4 comp medals in a row. Things change when kids get older and people catch up to them we all know that but people who have seen him play say he is 1 of the best juniors they had ever seen, better than a lot of big name AFL players at the same age. A great young kid too and his parents are top people so I hope he does make it.

surely not better then bachar houli. he was the same size in under16's then is he now! . when i played against him in u16's he needed 40 goals in 2 games to get 100. he came out kicked 19 in one, then the last game 21 against us. got his 100.. spotswood were the best by a mile that year. they beat i think willi(2nd) one game by 120 points with bachar in, and when he was out in the grand final against them they only got up by 2-3 goals. he was unreal!

surely not better then bachar houli. he was the same size in under16's then is he now! . when i played against him in u16's he needed 40 goals in 2 games to get 100. he came out kicked 19 in one, then the last game 21 against us. got his 100.. spotswood were the best by a mile that year. they beat i think willi(2nd) one game by 120 points with bachar in, and when he was out in the grand final against them they only got up by 2-3 goals. he was unreal!
From what i have heard apparantly Doug Hawkins won 3 junior league medals in a row and polled the maximum votes in all 3 years.
it is good for the league to have talented juniors making it in the big time but correct me if i am wrong but Spotty are the only team of late to produce afl players ie Urch, Houli.

From what i have heard apparantly Doug Hawkins won 3 junior league medals in a row and polled the maximum votes in all 3 years.
it is good for the league to have talented juniors making it in the big time but correct me if i am wrong but Spotty are the only team of late to produce afl players ie Urch, Houli.

werribee had prismall from geelong but true about spotty good breeding ground i think ward from the dogs was from spotty, and ive seen this charleston kid play very hard in and under medium sized midfilder who just looks a cut above the rest even at the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back