Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't wanna sound like a whinger but hoppers need to do something about there plumbing, to play on a ground that bad in the rain and mud all day and then have no water for a shower after the game is simply not good enough
From the league website:
5462455_firstImageIMG.jpg

That ground was beyond repair before yesterdays game. There is no way they can salvage it, it'll either be a mudbath if it rains or as hard as a rock dustbowl if it dries up.

What power has the league got to close the ground/transfer games?

From the league website:

That ground was beyond repair before yesterdays game. There is no way they can salvage it, it'll either be a mudbath if it rains or as hard as a rock dustbowl if it dries up.

By the looks of the ground fellas, that game should have been close to being called off. That is the worst I've ever seen Hoppers and I remember last year umpiring Under 12's Friday night at Hoppers in conditions almost as bad.

How the f uck could we go in the rooms with no shower after the game, with all the money hoppers have you think they would do something constructive.
Daly had nothing to do with the fight but decided to leave for other reasons.
As for me not getting a touch that happens weekly only get a game coz i pick the side, but doubt you would have had the courage to spray me face to face.

ROCK, umpires have never had decent showers there mate. Probably the worst A Grade ground for the umpys, not that anyone cares of course! Smallest rooms, worst showers. With all the money the club would generate, surely something could be done. Having said that, you both played on the same ground mate, so you can't really blame that.

From the league website:

Maybe you should ask West how to fix a ground...ha ha....

ROCK, umpires have never had decent showers there mate. Probably the worst A Grade ground for the umpys, not that anyone cares of course! Smallest rooms, worst showers. With all the money the club would generate, surely something could be done. Having said that, you both played on the same ground mate, so you can't really blame that.

you can blame the ground to a certain degree borgsta. if anthony mundine was to fight soliman in a ring of jelly and lost would that be fitting...that ground in that state brings teams closer together... example if hoppers played yarrivlle on that ground saturday they would have only won by 10-15 goals on a decent ground they would have beat them by 20-25 goals...that is not playing football in that kind of mud it would have been more like a rugby match...yes they both had to play on it but who did it give more of an advantage too i support neither club and im not fussed by the result either way but in all honesty rain fair enough bit of mud fair enough...but that ground saturday isnt fair enough...football isnt football in them conditions just like football wouldnt be football if they were kicking around a big rock instead of a footy. hoppers were the better team on the day and deserve the win but i dont know how much credibility u can take out of that win on that ground...thats my opinion and each to their own. game should have been transfered to another ground.

all the grounds were yuk on the weekend, that's footy when it belts down. first team to get use to the conditions will benefit first, hoppers oviously settled first , port are a good side they will move on,think about next weeks match i would imagine.
no need to get stuck on the same issue of the ground condition, nothing will change, and i think it's pretty disapointing to even suggest to abandand the match. the 5th spot will be a fight to the end, who does everyone think will miss the spot and finish 6th?

fenton for albion will be causing mayhem very soon, back from injury.

you can blame the ground to a certain degree borgsta. if anthony mundine was to fight soliman in a ring of jelly and lost would that be fitting...that ground in that state brings teams closer together... example if hoppers played yarrivlle on that ground saturday they would have only won by 10-15 goals on a decent ground they would have beat them by 20-25 goals...that is not playing football in that kind of mud it would have been more like a rugby match...yes they both had to play on it but who did it give more of an advantage too i support neither club and im not fussed by the result either way but in all honesty rain fair enough bit of mud fair enough...but that ground saturday isnt fair enough...football isnt football in them conditions just like football wouldnt be football if they were kicking around a big rock instead of a footy. hoppers were the better team on the day and deserve the win but i dont know how much credibility u can take out of that win on that ground...thats my opinion and each to their own. game should have been transfered to another ground.

are we all being a tad soft, our game is played in all conditions and good teams adapt.
Grounds used to look like that alot not so long ago.
terrible conditions yes but i can remember grandfinals at yarriville being played in as much mud.

if its starts raining for a few weeks are we going to call the season off or cancel rounds.

you can blame the ground to a certain degree borgsta. if Anthony mundine was to fight soliman in a ring of jelly and lost would that be fitting...that ground in that state brings teams closer together... example if hoppers played yarraville on that ground Saturday they would have only won by 10-15 goals on a decent ground they would have beat them by 20-25 goals...that is not playing football in that kind of mud it would have been more like a rugby match...yes they both had to play on it but who did it give more of an advantage too i support neither club and im not fussed by the result either way but in all honesty rain fair enough bit of mud fair enough...but that ground Saturday isnt fair enough...football isnt football in them conditions just like football would be football if they were kicking around a big rock instead of a footy. hoppers were the better team on the day and deserve the win but i dont know how much credibility u can take out of that win on that ground...that's my opinion and each to their own. game should have been transferred to another ground.

Thank goodness for people like yourself observer, your comments from an unbiased point of view are spot on. Congratulations to Hoppers on their win, they played like their season was on the line and the four points were worth eight in the context how the season is shaping up.

As for the ground, it should also be noted that a "sump" pump ran continuously removing water from the ground for the entire match.To my knowledge that has never happened at a game before.

And one for you Borgie, when the condition of the ground was raised with the umpires your mate Tresidder said "get over it footy is a winter sport".

Under the circumstances you cant argue with that.

The only reason we lost because we were not good enough on the day pure and simple, we offer no excuse.
Those photo's actually make the ground look better than it was, we actually talked about abandoning the game briefly but there was no league offical at all so we just decided to play, glad we did just dissapointed the way we performed and also the shower situation is not good, if the ground is like that we need proper facilities after game otherwise shut the ground.

It would be nice if hoppers fixed up those rooms. I know that with all the rain you cant do much about the ground, but at least a shower afterwards should be an option. If Deer Park can get a new facility up then surely Hoppers Can.

It would be nice if hoppers fixed up those rooms. I know that with all the rain you cant do much about the ground, but at least a shower afterwards should be an option. If Deer Park can get a new facility up then surely Hoppers Can.

Its not as though the rooms are of a sub standard, the issue is that there was no water in the showers. Not sure if the was a "one of " or an ongoing problem that they have with their plumbing.

The only reason we lost because we were not good enough on the day pure and simple, we offer no excuse.
Those photo's actually make the ground look better than it was, we actually talked about abandoning the game briefly but there was no league offical at all so we just decided to play, glad we did just dissapointed the way we performed and also the shower situation is not good, if the ground is like that we need proper facilities after game otherwise shut the ground.

its good that obe and rock have taken the loss gracefully and yes they were not good enough on the day but deep down i think they will be confident against hoppers next time round. hoppers should spend 90k on player payments instead of 110k and spend 20 k on rooms ?? we all know you cant buy flags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can blame the ground to a certain degree borgsta. if anthony mundine was to fight soliman in a ring of jelly and lost would that be fitting...that ground in that state brings teams closer together... example if hoppers played yarrivlle on that ground saturday they would have only won by 10-15 goals on a decent ground they would have beat them by 20-25 goals...that is not playing football in that kind of mud it would have been more like a rugby match...yes they both had to play on it but who did it give more of an advantage too i support neither club and im not fussed by the result either way but in all honesty rain fair enough bit of mud fair enough...but that ground saturday isnt fair enough...football isnt football in them conditions just like football wouldnt be football if they were kicking around a big rock instead of a footy. hoppers were the better team on the day and deserve the win but i dont know how much credibility u can take out of that win on that ground...thats my opinion and each to their own. game should have been transfered to another ground.[/quot

I would have thought this would have been a distinct advantage to Port. Agree that these arent the conditions anybody wants to play in though it is a winter sport in Melbourne and although these were much worse than normal, nothing can be done about it. There were worse conditions on the last game of the 2003 season. I was at Hoppers and we played Spotty. Ground under water, mud 6 inches thick, horizontal rain and about 8 degrees. Not the conditions most want to play in although I personally dont mind them. Slows the game down for us fat blokes and you only have to play better than about 1/3 of the guys out there bcos mentally they have already beaten themselves bcos they dont want to be out there due to the conditions. Not sure whats worse, that or hot weather? It was close to 30 degrees up here on Sat and although doesnt sound extreme it was f#cking hot and not all that enjoyable to play in.

The shower situation is pretty ordinary though. The last thing you want is not be able to have a warm shower after a game like that. Apparently the visitor showers have been like that for years. Not sure why they wouldnt get it fixed bcos they did have about 200 plumbers around the club.

rock/obe - have you considered playing D jacobs deep forward maybe full foward with rock in the pocket or vise versa ? havent seen jacobs play this year yet but i think at WRFL level were footy is still played like it was in the AFL In the 90's could work ? your thoughts

Its not as though the rooms are of a sub standard, the issue is that there was no water in the showers. Not sure if the was a "one of " or an ongoing problem that they have with their plumbing.

It has been two years since i been in those rooms, but if they are the same, there needs to be major work there. They have a great chance to turn thier clubrooms into first class like they should be.

just curious whether hoppers (home room) showers were working.

Luke phipps good write up buddy.....soft are we????
You guys had to win or season over, that ground was a disgrace and we should not have played on it.
Hoppers were more desperate early and in the end that was the difference, would be more than happy to play you guys in finals and finish your season again, that's if you make it.

Clarkey unless the big uncle had a lap top with him in the TAB on Saturday I doubt he was writing that report, I do believe the our stud Mr.Phipps was sinking pots, eating pizzas and blowing watever cash he had left in his ATM till around midnight at the footy club. You never know with technology these days, he could use that big beek of his to press the keys on the club computer in the admin room?? what are your thoughts?

I would have to disagree with you rock, colts have never been any good in the wet, the way you guys play, you need a dry day because there are number of jibs that hang out. watching the colts play is like watching YCW

rock/obe - have you considered playing D jacobs deep forward maybe full foward with rock in the pocket or vise versa ? havent seen jacobs play this year yet but i think at WRFL level were footy is still played like it was in the AFL In the 90's could work ? your thoughts

He is having fun playing midfield at the moment but he will play deep fwd at times later in the year and even across h/back where he was great at afl level, but we have a very flexible team so a few surprises come finals times this year should help.
I think to be top 3 at the half way mark will be a great effort after losing players with the ability of lindsay,webb and caddy, all in the top 5 colts over last 10 years, also losing chisnal and with winters and wittmar yet to play we still have alot of improvement ahead of us.

I would have to disagree with you rock, colts have never been any good in the wet, the way you guys play, you need a dry day because there are number of jibs that hang out. watching the colts play is like watching YCW

LOL......bale you are who???????
Soft as we are what is the rest of the comp then, we perform in finals when it counts and when the footy is at it's toughest and the pressure is on, but your entilted to your opinion but i doubt it is respected unless you put a name to it, so wE can asses your tough footy career......NOT LIKELY

From the league website:

This picture makes the ground look fantastic.
Five games of football on Sunday after the sprinklers were turned on over Saturday night has made it even worse.
Hoppers are lucky they are playing the next two games away and then Queens Birthday weekend so a decent break for the ground only if Hoppers move their junior Friday night 3 games,Under 18 Saturday and Sunday 5 games otherwise it won't recover.

Hopefully the League steps in and orders them to move their games over the next two rounds to allow the ground to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back