Western Region Football League Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote
By the way the Colts supporter blaming the umpiring for the loss is embarassing.[/quote]

I've been watching footy for a long time and have never been one to bag umpires because I reckon you have your bad days and your good days and dont notice the ones where things go your way and anyway over time things even themselves out.
I also don't subscribe to the theory that an umpire will cheat, after all, why would it be in an umpires interest to cheat in favour of one team over another?
Having said that, I was completely bewildered by the field umpires decision to pressure the goal umpire to signal a point when clearly a goal had been scored. This goal was at a crucial part of the game and would have just about closed the game out. The same umpire disallowed a clear mark to Perkins in the goal square which would have been a certain goal, whilst at the other end of the ground three 50/50 free kicks were paid resulting in goals to spotswood. All in the last quarter.
This was what ruined a great spectacle provided by two even teams, great weather and huge crowd and was a catalyst for the shenanigans occuring after the siren which were a result of extreme frustration met with some spiteful comments from certain ungracious victorious supporters.

port were the better team all day, just let it slip in the last quarter.
poor umpiring for both teams not just port i believe. Spotty were robbed many times in the first half, likewise for port in the second. Spotty outran Port in the last quarter and ran very hard and deserved the win. The controversial goal/behind IMO was a behind.
Well done spotty.
Danny Jacobs was BOG IMO

In the last 10 or so mins, some telling marks were taken up forward for Spotty and they were also able to get free more than what they did earlier. Colts dealt with these areas fairly easily throughout the whole game bar the last 8 minutes. Spotty seemed to shift into another gear but at the same time Colts did little wrong.

What do you put it down to? Spotty had to go for broke and take some risks to be a chance. Those risks paid off. As the for the umpires influencing the result, it's too hard to say the a goal is paid and that's game over. I'd say it even serves as an insult to Colts because you're saying that it broke their backs and they couldn't come back from it. The Colts are better than that.

He was out injured at the time & still got 36 weeks going on that i'd expect some big suspensions especially hitting spotswood people im sure they will have plenty of witnesses with badges too
heard they have a container of cassettes coming form china.thats how many witnesses they have,i think each player and supportter will go threw 2 to 3 tapes.AND FOXY YOUR STILL A IN BRED PIG AND LAGING DOG I HEARD THEY HAVE A CONTAINER JUST FOR YOU DOGGGGGGGGGG.

[quote
By the way the Colts supporter blaming the umpiring for the loss is embarassing.

I've been watching footy for a long time and have never been one to bag umpires because I reckon you have your bad days and your good days and dont notice the ones where things go your way and anyway over time things even themselves out.
I also don't subscribe to the theory that an umpire will cheat, after all, why would it be in an umpires interest to cheat in favour of one team over another?
Having said that, I was completely bewildered by the field umpires decision to pressure the goal umpire to signal a point when clearly a goal had been scored. This goal was at a crucial part of the game and would have just about closed the game out. The same umpire disallowed a clear mark to Perkins in the goal square which would have been a certain goal, whilst at the other end of the ground three 50/50 free kicks were paid resulting in goals to spotswood. All in the last quarter.
This was what ruined a great spectacle provided by two even teams, great weather and huge crowd and was a catalyst for the shenanigans occuring after the siren which were a result of extreme frustration met with some spiteful comments from certain ungracious victorious supporters.[/quote]

Sorry people, posting like a mad man here but have to address a couple of things.

50/50 free kicks were paid all day that influenced the run of play. More goals could have been kicked by both sides had the game been allowed to flow. Many frees were missed that also could have had an impact on the score line. The ball going back into the guts after a goal could have been cleared into Spotty's forward line for a quick goal. Clarkey could have kicked a goal from a tight angle as he has done numerous times before but he didn't. Plenty of 'what ifs' but no certainties. We don't have the benefit of alternate endings so we'll never know.

As for ungracious victorious supporters, have lost count of how many times I've seen the same type of supporters in home and away games and finals. What I haven't seen a lot of is physical retaliation. You dish it out, you cop it. Isn't that the way it goes? As I said in an earlier post, there is no acceptable explanation or excuse for what happened after the game between supporters. The more we say 'this stuff happens' the closer we get to a club being kicked out of the competition as a result of poor spectator behavior. I don't think that is is fair but who is the league going to make an example of first?

In the last 10 or so mins, some telling marks were taken up forward for Spotty and they were also able to get free more than what they did earlier. Colts dealt with these areas fairly easily throughout the whole game bar the last 8 minutes. Spotty seemed to shift into another gear but at the same time Colts did little wrong.

What do you put it down to? Spotty had to go for broke and take some risks to be a chance. Those risks paid off. As the for the umpires influencing the result, it's too hard to say the a goal is paid and that's game over. I'd say it even serves as an insult to Colts because you're saying that it broke their backs and they couldn't come back from it. The Colts are better than that.

Was at the game yesterday WELL DONE SPOTTY !!!! Yes the umpiring was horrendous. terrible in the 1st half for spotty the just got worse in the 2nd half for both sides... Missed all the action after the game was out on the ground celebrating with the boys (where maybe there should have been a lot more of the supporters).. I'm not sure if i agree that all colts players are so called dogs.. When i was out on the ground i saw a very dejected coach who was obviously devastated by the loss.I saw a woman walking towards him with a little boy in tow (think it was his wife) it was a sad picture she had tears in her eyes... What Clarky did was silly and I'm sure he is sorry today but what i heard happened was that a spotty supporter made a choking jesture towards clarky and he lost the plot.. not agreeing with what he did the old sayin goes never kick a dog when its down cause it will fight back!!!!!! Spotty should have been gracious winners and left it at that..................... I was never a real Clarky fan but have found a new respect for him over the years (think he has mellowed with age). Give him a break you can tell he is passionate about his football just like a lot of us are (NOT AGREEING WITH WHAT HE DID BUT IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT) I'm sure he will cop his punishment... oh also dont agree with BOG either !!!! I'm sure I'll cop a bagging for this post but who gives a flying F##k !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN WELL DONE SPOTTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was what ruined a great spectacle provided by two even teams, great weather and huge crowd and was a catalyst for the shenanigans occuring after the siren which were a result of extreme frustration met with some spiteful comments from certain ungracious victorious supporters.

Sorry people, posting like a mad man here but have to address a couple of things.

50/50 free kicks were paid all day that influenced the run of play. More goals could have been kicked by both sides had the game been allowed to flow. Many frees were missed that also could have had an impact on the score line. The ball going back into the guts after a goal could have been cleared into Spotty's forward line for a quick goal. Clarkey could have kicked a goal from a tight angle as he has done numerous times before but he didn't. Plenty of 'what ifs' but no certainties. We don't have the benefit of alternate endings so we'll never know.

As for ungracious victorious supporters, have lost count of how many times I've seen the same type of supporters in home and away games and finals. What I haven't seen a lot of is physical retaliation. You dish it out, you cop it. Isn't that the way it goes? As I said in an earlier post, there is no acceptable explanation or excuse for what happened after the game between supporters. The more we say 'this stuff happens' the closer we get to a club being kicked out of the competition as a result of poor spectator behavior. I don't think that is is fair but who is the league going to make an example of first?[/quote]the league should make an example out of themselves there a joke in every department why did that umpire bit back so hard at clarkie he was five meters away calling that umpire a cheat and he had every right to as coach the white ******** should have kept walking straight into the rooms he had already done his job fcked a good game of footy

As for ungracious victorious supporters, have lost count of how many times I've seen the same type of supporters in home and away games and finals. What I haven't seen a lot of is physical retaliation. You dish it out, you cop it. Isn't that the way it goes? As I said in an earlier post, there is no acceptable explanation or excuse for what happened after the game between supporters. The more we say 'this stuff happens' the closer we get to a club being kicked out of the competition as a result of poor spectator behavior. I don't think that is is fair but who is the league going to make an example of first?
the league should make an example out of themselves there a joke in every department why did that umpire bit back so hard at clarkie he was five meters away calling that umpire a cheat and he had every right to as coach the white ******** should have kept walking straight into the rooms he had already done his job fcked a good game of footy[/quote]

We can all hoo haa and carry on all we like about Rock and about umpires.

The bottom line re umpires is that early in the game there are decisions that may be dubious that costs goals a kick or two later but we only remember the last quarter ones. Whilst the mark or goal may have sealed it for Colts it didn't, just as much as bad kicking and running out of legs cost also. We must remember players make mistakes as umpires do.

Regarding Rock, running up and giving the umpires a spray is not real flash especially from the coach. We must remember that Rock lives and breathes football and after just losing a grand final he was devastated as the premiership which looked certain 10 minutes earlier had gone. He was venting verbally as he saw the decisions as a factor in the result in th last quarter. A lot of us over time have given the umpires a spray on the way off wrongly or rightly and also done stuff we regret and wish we could take back. I am sure he regrets what happened now and would take it back if he could. He can't so that's life and he will cop whatever like a man and get on with life. It's a passionate game and sometimes shit happens.

As for the supporters yes be humble in victory but every club has their good and bad supporters. If the situation was reversed i am sure there would have been Colts supporters giving it to Spotty.

port were the better team all day, just let it slip in the last quarter.
poor umpiring for both teams not just port i believe. Spotty were robbed many times in the first half, likewise for port in the second. Spotty outran Port in the last quarter and ran very hard and deserved the win. The controversial goal/behind IMO was a behind.
Well done spotty.
Danny Jacobs was BOG IMO

When the game needed to be won the Spotwood players ran harder and supported each other alot better. The numbers at the stoppages was plain as mud for everyone to see in those l;ast 10 mins. The Colts boys simply didnt have the cattle around the ball to even make a 50/50 contest. With those added numbers = more inside 50's which equals more goals. The work ethic of the Spotty boys was first class while the Colts simply fell in a hole. I hate to say it but on a warm september day could fitness have been a contributing factor in the loss.

was at the granny on saturday good game of footy alltho i believe colts were robbed was standing behind the goals nd believe it was a goal(altho they shud of put the game away earlier).i can see how ppl from afar may have seen the ball drift away towards the points but imo it went thru a goal den drifted in2 the points
i fink the league has a genuine issue with the standards of umpiring after watching numerous finals over the past few weeks the standard is scraping the bottom of the barrell.

danny jacobs was bog with jullier the next best, if a spotty player were to be bog it was defiantly simpson who changed the game.

as for rock and his actions, u cant help 2 feel 4 the bloke his heart beats red and blue and he absolutely eats, lives and breathes port colts, this is wood be an uncommon act for clarkey.i fink wen a bloke has played in this comp so long and lead his club so well for so long, he deserves abit 2 be cut a little slack by all.

hopefully the league dnt punish him 2 harshly as a consequnce of the events that followed after the game

the wrfl wif blokes like clarkey is alot beta place than without him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was at the granny on saturday good game of footy alltho i believe colts were robbed was standing behind the goals nd believe it was a goal(altho they shud of put the game away earlier).i can see how ppl from afar may have seen the ball drift away towards the points but imo it went thru a goal den drifted in2 the points
i fink the league has a genuine issue with the standards of umpiring after watching numerous finals over the past few weeks the standard is scraping the bottom of the barrell.

danny jacobs was bog with jullier the next best, if a spotty player were to be bog it was defiantly simpson who changed the game.

as for rock and his actions, u cant help 2 feel 4 the bloke his heart beats red and blue and he absolutely eats, lives and breathes port colts, this is wood be an uncommon act for clarkey.i fink wen a bloke has played in this comp so long and lead his club so well for so long, he deserves abit 2 be cut a little slack by all.

hopefully the league dnt punish him 2 harshly as a consequnce of the events that followed after the game

the wrfl wif blokes like clarkey is alot beta place than without him
filo read this post this guy rites like a real blowk...rocky horror

filo read this post this guy rites like a real blow up...rocky horror

yeah, that sounds so funny get filo the master poster to spell check it for him. On a funnier note it would have been a hoot and almost a guaranteed winner on funniest home videos if you had been present at the colts wake on sunday evening. The story goes that the herb medalist and his two offsiders in o'keefe and harris thought it would be a good idea to call into the Clare Castle hotel and say hi to the colts boys. Obviously wearing their premiership medals as a show of respect. Needless to say that after a few hello's the trio were last seen running for their lives down graham street with one a little worse for wear.

Wel well well, hasn't everyone's imaginations gone wild.
Firstly i will start with a big congratulations to a fantastic football club in spotswood on another great win, weather the decisions cost us or not the still had the heart and courage to win the came, coached well by kelly and i have absolutely no embarrasment in losing to a team full of talent.
For the record i also caught up with kelly, o'keefe and harris for a beer last nite, great blokes and all awesome players. I also thought that harris played a great game and if jacobs didn't get the medal harro deserved it.

Now to what happened after the game, and believe me i have heard at least 25 different versions, Kevin Hiller reads this so i'm sure he will back it up.
Absolutely shattered after losing and seeing my wife crying i seen the umpires and silly i went towards them and abused one of them, i have been reported and will get punished and probably deserve it, but i was gutted and wish i didn't say a word.
Then walking back to my wife a spotswood supporter yelled to me that colts are choking dogs, angrily i ran towards him, jumped up on the fence, but still inside the ground , he backed off and said have a crack, i didn't even through one single punch. My wife grabbed me and said to stop as it was upsetting her and my son. We all walked away and back towards hiller. I then made my way graciously and shoock all the spotty players hands.
Back to the bloke in the crowd he was involved in a scuffle obviously with so called colts supporters, i don't know what happened, although come grand finals there are alot of hanger ons and not all are so called full on port colts people.
I feel i have a good relation ship with all the umpires so in a way i regret the words i used but wish i had of said things differntly.

To the main decision that up set me, Millen kicked a goal( Absolutely no doubt), the goal umpire said to the field umpire all clear goal, the field ump come running in and said i THINK it was a point, pay a point, goal ump says no it was a goal give me the all clear, no point it was a point. Then the goal ump pays point.........

To people that have come on here and called me names to be honest i don't care, never have, if you have any courage confront me face to face or at least say who you are. I'm happy and proud with the way our club and myself conduct ourselveson and off field. We play hard and fair so to say we are snipers or dogs is just weak and way off the mark.
Our club has done alot for the wrfl over the last 5 years providing an entertaing brand of football and helping bring in good crowds over that period in the finals, LOVE or LOATHE us but you must respect us.

We will be back in 09 doing our best to be back playing in a grand final and hopefully winning it, but if we lost again i will still be proud, as much as i hate losing, i certainly don't fear it.

Well done spotswood on winning the 2008 premiership!!!!

yeah, that sounds so funny get filo the master poster to spell check it for him. On a funnier note it would have been a hoot and almost a guaranteed winner on funniest home videos if you had been present at the colts wake on sunday evening. The story goes that the herb medalist and his two offsiders in o'keefe and harris thought it would be a good idea to call into the Clare Castle hotel and say hi to the colts boys. Obviously wearing their premiership medals as a show of respect. Needless to say that after a few hello's the trio were last seen running for their lives down graham street with one a little worse for wear.

That has to be a joke. Why the f.uck would they go there?

Firstly i will start with a big congratulations to a fantastic football club in spotswood on another great win, weather the decisions cost us or not the still had the heart and courage to win the came, coached well by kelly and i have absolutely no embarrasment in losing to a team full of talent.
For the record i also caught up with kelly, o'keefe and harris for a beer last nite, great blokes and all awesome players. I also thought that harris played a great game and if jacobs didn't get the medal harro deserved it.

Now to what happened after the game, and believe me i have heard at least 25 different versions, Kevin Hiller reads this so i'm sure he will back it up.
Absolutely shattered after losing and seeing my wife crying i seen the umpires and silly i went towards them and abused one of them, i have been reported and will get punished and probably deserve it, but i was gutted and wish i didn't say a word.
Then walking back to my wife a spotswood supporter yelled to me that colts are choking dogs, angrily i ran towards him, jumped up on the fence, but still inside the ground , he backed off and said have a crack, i didn't even through one single punch. My wife grabbed me and said to stop as it was upsetting her and my son. We all walked away and back towards hiller. I then made my way graciously and shoock all the spotty players hands.
Back to the bloke in the crowd he was involved in a scuffle obviously with so called colts supporters, i don't know what happened, although come grand finals there are alot of hanger ons and not all are so called full on port colts people.
I feel i have a good relation ship with all the umpires so in a way i regret the words i used but wish i had of said things differntly.

To the main decision that up set me, Millen kicked a goal( Absolutely no doubt), the goal umpire said to the field umpire all clear goal, the field ump come running in and said i THINK it was a point, pay a point, goal ump says no it was a goal give me the all clear, no point it was a point. Then the goal ump pays point.........

To people that have come on here and called me names to be honest i don't care, never have, if you have any courage confront me face to face or at least say who you are. I'm happy and proud with the way our club and myself conduct ourselveson and off field. We play hard and fair so to say we are snipers or dogs is just weak and way off the mark.
Our club has done alot for the wrfl over the last 5 years providing an entertaing brand of football and helping bring in good crowds over that period in the finals, LOVE or LOATHE us but you must respect us.

We will be back in 09 doing our best to be back playing in a grand final and hopefully winning it, but if we lost again i will still be proud, as much as i hate losing, i certainly don't fear it.

Good reply Rock, well done

I'm glad you said Master poster and not Master bater although sometimes I call myself a w..ker after reading my own posts.

Glad to see you have set everyone straight..so many stories floating around... Bad luck on your loss Good luck in 09

Good reply Rock, well done

I second that Obe 1. Top stuff Rock, many others would have stayed away and hid. Just for the record, I spoke to a couple of Colts players after the siren, the usual stuff, neither refused to shake hands even though they were gutted and knew that I was supporting Spotty. Quality blokes.

Congrats Colts and Spotty on a great season. Both clubs are streets ahead of the others which will make an interesting 09 season. Albion and St Albans will be hungry to close the gap.

no joke they say it was like watching the three stooges when they ran to the exit unfortunately they chose the only door that was locked and clambered over the top of one another trying to unlock it.

Well it was really tough of one colts player in particular who threw a punch as one of the boys tried to shake hands as they where leaving after having a beer with rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back