Western Region Football League Team (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...Yes i do!!

People can say what they like about the reasons we lost, At the end of the day we were beaten by an awesome footy team and congratulations to Spotswood they deserve it.Three flags in a row absolutely awesome and from my point of view no shame in losing to such a quality side and we offer no excuses.
To the coaches and players at spotty you all conduct yourself in such a respectful way and my hat goes off to you all. The sportsmanship you show is second to none.
Jensen cops a bit on here but as a leader of that club and the respect he showed the colts boys was very good as was from most of the players in particular o'keefe, mcghie, monte, theodore.
Enjoy it boys and hopefully we can have another crack to take that premiership away from you.

Also no one should pot stevens easily one of our better performers and yes my performance showed i should hang up the boots... so i have!!!!

hey rock07
i was just wondering if you are going to continue to coach the colts from the boundary line?

oh well sees like the forum is gettin back to normal feel free to post as long as it not negative about the colts or its players:( gee i was about to ask peoples opinions on if they thought McGhie has taken over the position as the comps best tall? or if anyone else heard about the threat by somebody to shoot a spotty assistant coach ? or how spotty's young boys performed? but dont think i will get good responses so best i just keep me mouth shut:D

BACK to BACK to BACK for 8 players, 11 differant players to last years side only 2 off who werent at club last year good effort i reckon.:thumbsu:

good win to spotty on the weekend congrats 3 wins in a row. well done clarky or a good career. what will you do now? super rules, or just stick on the sideline for the colts?

also who is the strongest person from each team?

spotswood - jensen
colts- clarky
hoppers - morsello
albion - harrison
altona - ziggy & freeland

is this a serious post?

Nothing posted since 21.44 yeaterday ??

What about information on Club B and F

I heard at Spotty Theodore won from McGhie and O'Keefe

yeh gone quiet, probably all dissapointed in spottys win

yeh correct on spotty b and f votes very close, probably 3 of the the best 5 in the league

2009 WRFL BRIDGESTONE TYRES ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
THE FINALISTS

DAVID BARNABY (ALTONA)
David is the only Altona player to have played every game this season. He started as a half back but moved into the midfield late in the season where he took his game to another level. Three VFL clubs have approached him to do a pre-season and he trained with Williamstown after Altona’s home and away season finished. He is expected to poll well in the Altona B&F.

NATHAN DUMBLETON (SPOTSWOOD)
Nathan started the season in the Spotswood side and only missed one game through a minor injury. His pace and skill is electric and his finishing skills have improved with him kicking many goals during the season. He did pre season with Port Melbourne in the VFL and is very keen to try out once again at that level again with several clubs chasing the now WRFL Division One Premiership player.

DARCY DUNSTAN (PARKSIDE)
Darcy is still eligible for the Under 18’s but decided at the start of the year to dedicate himself to playing senior football. He played the first 5 games in the Reserves and was outstanding gaining a senior spot in Round 6 and that’s where he stayed. He is determined, disciplined and dedicated and was named as one of the best players in the Division 2 grand final a true test when the heat is on.

JACK SIMS (ST. ALBANS)
Jack is a Saints junior and started the year doing pre-season with Werribee where he certainly made an impression. He is athletic, quick, skilful and willing to take risks which is why he won an Altona Gate Match of the Day Player of the Day in Round 10. Playing mostly off a half forward flank he knows where the goals are. Speed skills and confidence could take him a long way.

ALEC YOUNG (WEST FOOTSCRAY)
Alec played every game this year in the senior side and filled a number of roles fullback, centre half back, wing or on the ball. His ball getting ability at ground level and in the air and his versatility won him the Roosters B&F and got him a spot in the WRFL Division One team of the year on the bench.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL NOMINEES
Who is going to win?
Barnaby has got to be a big chance.

Yeah enjoy your drink from your CUP'S but at least we know you won't have a Priest Medal hanging around your neck while doing so :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D

Smart Arse...

So who does everyone think that will win?
Colts and Spotty should have a few players but will they take votes away from each other?
Beazer has had a pretty good year at Hoppers and should poll well
What players have been invited from each club?
Still think it will be a toss of the coin again between Julier and Okeefe

2009 WRFL BRIDGESTONE TYRES ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
THE FINALISTS

DAVID BARNABY (ALTONA)
David is the only Altona player to have played every game this season. He started as a half back but moved into the midfield late in the season where he took his game to another level. Three VFL clubs have approached him to do a pre-season and he trained with Williamstown after Altona’s home and away season finished. He is expected to poll well in the Altona B&F.

NATHAN DUMBLETON (SPOTSWOOD)
Nathan started the season in the Spotswood side and only missed one game through a minor injury. His pace and skill is electric and his finishing skills have improved with him kicking many goals during the season. He did pre season with Port Melbourne in the VFL and is very keen to try out once again at that level again with several clubs chasing the now WRFL Division One Premiership player.

DARCY DUNSTAN (PARKSIDE)
Darcy is still eligible for the Under 18’s but decided at the start of the year to dedicate himself to playing senior football. He played the first 5 games in the Reserves and was outstanding gaining a senior spot in Round 6 and that’s where he stayed. He is determined, disciplined and dedicated and was named as one of the best players in the Division 2 grand final a true test when the heat is on.

JACK SIMS (ST. ALBANS)
Jack is a Saints junior and started the year doing pre-season with Werribee where he certainly made an impression. He is athletic, quick, skilful and willing to take risks which is why he won an Altona Gate Match of the Day Player of the Day in Round 10. Playing mostly off a half forward flank he knows where the goals are. Speed skills and confidence could take him a long way.

ALEC YOUNG (WEST FOOTSCRAY)
Alec played every game this year in the senior side and filled a number of roles fullback, centre half back, wing or on the ball. His ball getting ability at ground level and in the air and his versatility won him the Roosters B&F and got him a spot in the WRFL Division One team of the year on the bench.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL NOMINEES
Who is going to win?
Barnaby has got to be a big chance.

I think bloomfield would have to be stiff; he made the team of the year yet still couldn't get a shot at rookie of the year! Alec young was the only nominee who made the team of the year.

I think Barnaby has a very good chance, barely got beaten by his opponent all year and got huge amounts of the ball himself.

yeh gone quiet, probably all dissapointed in spottys win

yeh correct on spotty b and f votes very close, probably 3 of the the best 5 in the league

Colts seemed to be the sentimental favorite for a few in here whereas some of us thought they were favorites in their own right. I think things have gone quiet because there was no controversy in this match. No goal in the dying minutes to snatch the game, no highly questionable umpiring decisions that influenced the game, no brawl after the siren etc.

The game was only in the balance in the second quarter when Colts came back. Other than that, Spotty seemed to keep them at a safe distance. All in all, not a hell of a lot to talk about unless someone wants to do a detailed analysis of the game. Can't help but think that had Colts won it, the Spotty haters would have been out in full force. Success silences the loudest critic.

Colts seemed to be the sentimental favorite for a few in here whereas some of us thought they were favorites in their own right. I think things have gone quiet because there was no controversy in this match. No goal in the dying minutes to snatch the game, no highly questionable umpiring decisions that influenced the game, no brawl after the siren etc.

The game was only in the balance in the second quarter when Colts came back. Other than that, Spotty seemed to keep them at a safe distance. All in all, not a hell of a lot to talk about unless someone wants to do a detailed analysis of the game. Can't help but think that had Colts won it, the Spotty haters would have been out in full force. Success silences the loudest critic.

I think the hate stems from admiration so don't take it to heart filo.

Some send offs were abit controversial but the way both teams played i don't think it would have made the difference.
Interestingly spotty only kicked 1 goal against the wind, to colts 4.
Our flat start and having to play catch up really told in the end.
Also i think the best 6 0r 7 players on the ground were all spotty, how the margin was only 18 points i'll never know.

Maybe the site is a little quiet as the season is over???? just a stab in the dark!!

Perkins, Julier and D.jacobs invited for the priest medal.
Very surprised B,Jacobs was not in the invites.
D.Jacobs has been good as last but not sure if the umps will vote for him enough, Julier not as prominent as last but will be right up there.
Perkins missed a few games but did have a few outstanding games.

My Tip Okeefe/jacobs tie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D.Jacobs has been good as last but not sure if the umps will vote for him enough, Julier not as prominent as last but will be right up there.

My Tip Okeefe/jacobs tie

My tip is that d.jacobs will win by a fair bit. he was consistent throughout the year and well liked my umps, o'keefe wasnt as consistent.
Jacobs to win by 5 votes!

My tip is that d.jacobs will win by a fair bit. he was consistent throughout the year and well liked my umps, o'keefe wasnt as consistent.
Jacobs to win by 5 votes!

Theodore not invited to WRFL Presentation Nite. I can see the headlines now.

Drug Use Rampant amongst WRFL Umpires - Round 12 was NOT a strike but rather a Detox Weekend held in Warburton !!

I think the hate stems from admiration so don't take it to heart filo.

Some send offs were abit controversial but the way both teams played i don't think it would have made the difference.
Interestingly spotty only kicked 1 goal against the wind, to colts 4.
Our flat start and having to play catch up really told in the end.
Also i think the best 6 0r 7 players on the ground were all spotty, how the margin was only 18 points i'll never know.

Maybe the site is a little quiet as the season is over???? just a stab in the dark!!

lol, taking healthy hatred to heart aint my style, Rock.

Perhaps the closer margin was due to the way the game was played. Wasn't really fast and free flowing and some decision making was puzzling. Conditions may be to blame for that.

As for the site being quiet, I think last year it was a buzz of activity due to the nature of the game and events following. Not a bad stab in the dark though...heh.

lol, taking healthy hatred to heart aint my style, Rock.

Perhaps the closer margin was due to the way the game was played. Wasn't really fast and free flowing and some decision making was puzzling. Conditions may be to blame for that.

As for the site being quiet, I think last year it was a buzz of activity due to the nature of the game and events following. Not a bad stab in the dark though...heh.

I would suggest the quietness is due to the fact most on here have been on there MAD Monday and haven't been well enough to care about using a computer to type in BIG footy. I got back to work yesterday and can tell you I among most of my teamates are in a world of hurt. We have our vote count tonight so back on it again. will give results tomorrow.

i think our vote count will be 1st M.Ryan 2nd D.Mitchell 3rd C.Beasly 4th D.Clonan

My Tip Okeefe/jacobs tie

If the count is fair dinkum D.Jacobs will win it, with Okeefe a short half head behind.

Hoppers have R.Miles and D.Mitchell invited.

I think Milesy will be a smokey the bloke just runs hard all day and attracts the umpires attention.

So who does everyone think that will win?
Colts and Spotty should have a few players but will they take votes away from each other?
Beazer has had a pretty good year at Hoppers and should poll well
What players have been invited from each club?
Still think it will be a toss of the coin again between Julier and Okeefe

Didnt get invited. Miles is the only bloke from Hoppers who did I think.

I think OKeefe will win it for what its worth.

I would suggest the quietness is due to the fact most on here have been on there MAD Monday and haven't been well enough to care about using a computer to type in BIG footy. I got back to work yesterday and can tell you I among most of my teamates are in a world of hurt. We have our vote count tonight so back on it again. will give results tomorrow.

i think our vote count will be 1st M.Ryan 2nd D.Mitchell 3rd C.Beasly 4th D.Clonan
coz spotty won the flag???

Didnt get invited. Miles is the only bloke from Hoppers who did I think.

I think OKeefe will win it for what its worth.

O.k my turn. Think it will come from 1 of the top 5 .From colts I think both Jacobs, Julier, and Massis may take votes of each other.
Spotty- I think O'Keefe is an absolute star, but again may have votes taken from the likes of Mangan, Sinnot and co. Hoppers may have the one with Miles, depending on how many eye catching goals Mitchelle kicked. Albion have had a pretty good season and the blonde hair of Bloomfield may just have it. Although Bonnici's height may have been ironically eye catching. Not to mention the hard running from the like of Hewitt and the monster in Phillpot. Which brings me to R. Dougless from sunshine. Foley out for most of the year and Miller missing for a while too. My tip with no-body to really take votes of him would be Dougless.

1-Dougless
2-Julier
3-O'keefe
4-D.Jacobs
5-Miles

Did u get BOG on Monday?

Sources reveal that Beazer again won the Brendan Fevola Medal for Mad Monday Hands (or was it Pants) Down.

As well as the Medal, Beazer also won a slab of Crown Lager, a Packet of Cigarettes and a tub of Vaseline.

He was last heard asking whether anyone had a Darwin Stubby that he could have a lend of !!

Sources reveal that Beazer again won the Brendan Fevola Medal for Mad Monday Hands (or was it Pants) Down.

As well as the Medal, Beazer also won a slab of Crown Lager, a Packet of Cigarettes and a tub of Vaseline.

He was last heard asking whether anyone had a Darwin Stubby that he could have a lend of !!

Lol. Yeah thats the 10th straight year I have won it. I was in fair touch over the 3 days but I had a few mates. I obviously havent grown up as much I thought but at least I didnt break anything, get in a fight or get into trouble with the cops. So apart from being a total d#ckhead it was a successful 3 days.

Wouldn't expect anyone from spotswood will win tonight they are far to even, and votes will go everywhere. Ports less even than spotty but there top 5 players will all poll and that wont help the case of any of them, even though they have the best player in the league even the best two. Sunshine's Douglas has been their standout player for the marjorty of the year, as has St ALbans Jenkins, Altonas freeland. hoppers are a fairly even and have players which will poll well in miles, mitchell and beasley. Hieghts and Glenorden wouldn't have to many players taking votes in loses except for greto, mallia and Johns. Albions phillpot and jack Sims will poll well, west's Young will be the only one out there attracting the eye off of the ump's and would expect him to get his share of votes.

Tip for the Priest Medal: Douglas
PLayers to also place: D jacobs and o'keefe
Smokies: Albions: Bloomfield, and West's: Young
Rookie of the Year i would think Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back