Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my favourite one so far. Credit to Bigfooty member 'aneale' dated 19 August 2009

34slyz4.jpg

I think its best to move away from the NSW State's colours (two Blues) and try something new and which is unique. They are not a state team. The green and orange are colours which will traditionally appeal to some of the different groups in the West, as will the symbolic use of the Horse.

I would drop the "greater" and "West" and just go for the 'Western Sydney Football Club - The Stallions'.

Its a bit difficult without knowing what the colours/name/mascot are, but here are a couple more for the pot that could work well in any colours.

wskits.jpg

Here are my attempts from the other thread. I like them, traditional looking, a fresh colour scheme, a huge contrast to Sydneys jumper and it uses NSW's state colour.

GWS1.jpg

GWS2.jpg

omg not green and orange together =S

Luvin some of the designs.

Not keen on strip like ours and richmond, boring. or hoops.

Like wolves, HOWEVER would prefer an aussie animal to be honest. its AFL. Maybe not a bird? too many birds in afl ! hawks eagles crows magpies SWANS... no more birds.

Freeo logo an anchor? carlton is a colour? ports is well.... 'power'. Why only animals? Think outside the box guys. Maybe something unique to Sydney.. wat sydney is famous for...

Id love for West Syd go in UNIQUE direction.. not talkin bout lookin like bunch of w***ers.. but just unique.

I love the sound of the West Sydney wolves.

I also hope that there is a more traditional design.

While I am generally a fan of animals and traditional designs, I think it might be particularly important in the case of WS.

The market the AFL is trying to penetrate has a hostile attitude towards the sport - the will pounce on anything that could be seen as weak or belittling. gAyFL, the Sydney Swans... I mean a swan?

Of course, these aren;t the type of people who GWS will be marketing towards. These types will never support the team so there is no point. However, these people will not keep their opinions to themselves. They will be trying to influence those who might take an interest. I'm thinking kids being picked on at school etc.

If the club can establish itself with a fierce mascot (as opposed to a 'gay' abstract concept like Pioneers, Force, etc.) and have a bold, traditional design (as opposed to 'gay' gradients like the WC jumper of a few years back, and lame modern designs like the new Adelaide logo) then it will set itself up to make a strong, impenetrable brand.

In a city famous for its natural beauty, its abundance of water, glistening harbor, and one of the world largest Gay populations, i would suggest that "The Swans" was really the perfect fit from a marketing perspective. If fans find it too effeminate they can always go for The Bloods.

omg not green and orange together =S

Luvin some of the designs.

Not keen on strip like ours and richmond, boring. or hoops.

Like wolves, HOWEVER would prefer an aussie animal to be honest. its AFL. Maybe not a bird? too many birds in afl ! hawks eagles crows magpies SWANS... no more birds.

Freeo logo an anchor? carlton is a colour? ports is well.... 'power'. Why only animals? Think outside the box guys. Maybe something unique to Sydney.. wat sydney is famous for...

Id love for West Syd go in UNIQUE direction.. not talkin bout lookin like bunch of w***ers.. but just unique.

Freo and Port have the two worst monikers in the league. No offence to Freo or Port fans. Colours are quite a common moniker. Not as common as animals, but still pretty common.

Parts of Western Sydney are home to a variety of Bat species. So what about The Western Sydney Bats? Shortened simply to The Bats. The Birthday Party's Release the Bats could be their team song.

By the by, I don't think the club should go with two-tone blue. That signifies NSW generally, not Western Sydney specifically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parts of Western Sydney are home to a variety of Bat species. So what about The Western Sydney Bats? Shortened simply to The Bats. The Birthday Party's Release the Bats could be their team song.

By the by, I don't think the club should go with two-tone blue. That signifies NSW generally, not Western Sydney specifically.

UNSW are already called the Bats

Wolves for me. Good solid animal mascot that would eat a swan for breakfast - and that could be a very helpful marketing tool in West Syd. I also like blue, but its used by a lot of teams already so Im gunna push for green. I posted this jumper a while ago on another thread but the logo is new.
west.jpg
Wow! That's impressive. I'd recommend a few of you contact the club with your designs, nothing to lose.

Then totally ignore some excellent suggestions, hire a team of graphic designers to come up with garbage, only to be upstaged by a 7 year old girl a few years later.

Heh sounds like the Lions' board at the moment.

Wolves for me. Good solid animal mascot that would eat a swan for breakfast - and that could be a very helpful marketing tool in West Syd. I also like blue, but its used by a lot of teams already so Im gunna push for green. I posted this jumper a while ago on another thread but the logo is new.
west.jpg

Wow, great job.

The first one in particular is fantastic, I really like the colour combination.

love the wolves jumper and logo, and would be very happy with most of the others. sadly i can see the AFL going with something horrible that turns fans away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back