What’s wrong with the dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

The two players that really stand out as having gone backwards are JJ and Dalhaus. What has happened to them? Both were stars in 2016.

I'm sure there are others but those two have gone from great to average very quickly. Jeez they miss Johannisons run; almost looks like he needs a run in the 2s he was that ineffective tonight.
They're both currently tracking at a few possies less per game than 2016 but roughly as effective. I wouldn't say they in particular have gone backwards by a great margin, I think the whole team was just so tight in '16 that it made average efforts look much much better than what they were.

That really stood out last night. Our mids failed to capitalise on Grundy's domination early, but their rucks were so poor that it took its inevitable toll as the game wore on.

You'd think a high draft pick would be very valuable in order to land one of the King boys or similar this year.
They do have Tim English who looked good until he fatigued playing the first 7 or so games.

JJ is just such a downright bad footballer. That he stole a Norm Smith after butchering the ball all day off several more worthy players is a travesty.

I'd much rather have Stringer at West Coast. Ignoring Lamumba's political beliefs, JJ reminds me of Lamumba's careless and horrible kicking.

JJ is just such a downright bad footballer. That he stole a Norm Smith after butchering the ball all day off several more worthy players is a travesty.

I'd much rather have Stringer at West Coast. Ignoring Lamumba's political beliefs, JJ reminds me of Lamumba's careless and horrible kicking.

It makes you wonder why they procrastinate about Dalhaus who is clearly a better footballer.

That really stood out last night. Our mids failed to capitalise on Grundy's domination early, but their rucks were so poor that it took its inevitable toll as the game wore on.

You'd think a high draft pick would be very valuable in order to land one of the King boys or similar this year.
Rucks take years and English is a second year player with great prospects. Think they have to go hard for a ruck in trade period. They've needed to for the last two years though. Diesn't have to be a Grundy necessarily, but someone to put them in the contest.

Firstly, I've always had a soft spot for the doggies. Even as a Hawks fan I always loved to head down to whitten oval with the boys in my early 20s, standing on the hill with a beer in hand.

Your club has admin issues that is flowing into a group of talented young men and women (AFLW).
There is no doubting your side is young, but the side has talent. However they are young kids that are influenced by everything around them.

I'd go as far as saying that when you have the likes of Peter Gordon having open stoushes with the likes of Susan Alberti the impact flows all the way down to the side.
Why?
Why wouldn't it.

Ms Alberti has been at the club for over 60 years and helped save your club financially out of her own pocket, I believe.
A loyal and dedicated person.
The club now has an AFLW side that Ms Alberti was and has been instrumentle in helping.

So when a bloke is fighting publicly with an elderly lady who has been in your club forever, it would cause issues in your admin.
Then the AFLW side would almost certainly be supporting Ms Alberti, as they can.
Then next thing you know the men's (young influential men) start being involved.

Now you have on-field drama.

Without a doubt, your off-field influences, preparation and/or drama's will always follow you onto the field.

Clean your admin up and your side will develop.
I get being down on your teams performance and for some people it's easy to attack these lack of performances.
Just remember, these are young talented men. Easily influenced, both negatively and positively.

The club is responsible for guiding these young men and it starts at the very top with Peter Gordon.
Be positive and support your young side. Show patience and be resilient.

(My own opinions)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um those rmours were a load of crap.

JJ and Jake went to New York together last off season.

North.

Last millennium. No club gets it knickers in a knot about the Dogs more than north.

This is garbage. Most of us don't give two stuffs.

A couple of North posters focusing on winding up the Dogs gets blown out of proportion by high repetition antagonists like "Man of Clay" constantly pursuing their own agendas because they were ubertriggered at some point in the past, and can't let it go.

It makes you wonder why they procrastinate about Dalhaus who is clearly a better footballer.
Is he? Dahl is a small pressure forward who doesn't pressure enough, and the less said about his field and goal kicking the better. He's had something like 14 shots at goal this season for 1 goal, 4 behinds and 9 misses altogether - that's so inept it is almost laughable. Similar players like Castagna and Butler are light years ahead of Dahl's output since the GF - do they also automatically warrant a multi year 600k contract like Dahl apparently does?

Is he? Dahl is a small pressure forward who doesn't pressure enough, and the less said about his field and goal kicking the better. He's had something like 14 shots at goal this season for 1 goal, 4 behinds and 9 misses altogether - that's so inept it is almost laughable. Similar players like Castagna and Butler are light years ahead of Dahl's output since the GF - do they also automatically warrant a multi year 600k contract like Dahl apparently does?

He's worth every cent that JJ is getting.

A couple of North posters focusing on winding up the Dogs gets blown out of proportion by high repetition antagonists like "Man of Clay" constantly pursuing their own agendas because they were ubertriggered at some point in the past, and can't let it go.

Xoxo convict

Lol north supporters are the most ubertriggered supprters on BigFooty.com pal.

Haha.

And in the outer, and everywhere else.

Lol north supporters are the most ubertriggered supprters on BigFooty.com pal.

Haha.

And in the outer, and everywhere else.

Hey, if that helps you navigate through life then run with it.

Rucks take years and English is a second year player with great prospects. Think they have to go hard for a ruck in trade period. They've needed to for the last two years though. Diesn't have to be a Grundy necessarily, but someone to put them in the contest.

Yep, there are 3 elite rucks in the AFL right now so a realistic goal is a big body that can compete in the ruck, make the opposition accountable and provide a marking contest.

They killed North Ballarat so they'll always be puddle licking scum.

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s wrong with the dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back