What’s wrong with the dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

No 3rd man up rule change after 2016 has impacted on our game - the dogs have arguably the worst ruck stocks in the league and until we attain a good ruckman, our spot on the ladder will always be bottom half.

Grundy smashed us and gave the Pies mids first use continually - he is the main man at Collingwood and should be getting the big money contract, not De Goey.

Yes the Dogs were a bit lucky with a list that wasn't exactly flush with superstars, and the fact they finished 7th after the home and away rounds in 2016 showed where they really were in comparison to other teams but:

1) All premierships need a bit of luck - the game isn't played on paper
2) They won the flag which is all that matters really

I'd have been happy for us to steal a flag in 2015 if it meant three years of utter shitness followed as we reloaded.

They have one of the youngest sides in the competition at the moment and you get the sense they'll be back sooner rather than later.

They have one of the youngest sides in the competition at the moment and you get the sense they'll be back sooner rather than later.

Probably later. It's going to take a while to get the right players on the list back into that optimum age range. I don't think we can pull off a 2016 again

Cut the crap with this stealing flag BS from 7th on the ladder. After the H&A season we had a 15-7 record - to put that into perspective, after the 2017 H&A season, the top three teams, including the eventual Premier Richmond, all finished with 15 wins.

We didn’t fall into a finals spot that year, a 15 win season would typically put you in a top 4 position.

Cut the crap with this stealing flag BS from 7th on the ladder. After the H&A season we had a 15-7 record - to put that into perspective, after the 2017 H&A season, the top three teams, including the eventual Premier Richmond, all finished with 15 wins.

We didn’t fall into a finals spot that year, a 15 win season would typically put you in a top 4 position.

You were still 7th in relation to the other teams that year.

Nothing wrong with jagging a flag but you seem to take it really personally when people say the Dogs managed to steal one. A flag is a flag, we can still analyse it sure but you were the most deserving team in 2016 just like all other flag teams.

Oh dear what a short/bad memory you have - I guess E. Yeo will be handing back his AA guernsey back he fleeced, and while we’re at it, Luke Shuey better return the Elimination Final win he stole off Port Adelaide - how he can look in the mirror and call himself a footballer is a travesty.
Shuey has elite disposal. JJ butchered the ball all grand final in the same way he does every single game.

I never made that claim.

Can you please show me where I've ever said West Coast lost due to umpiring in that match? West Coast simply weren't good enough.
Please read what I said carefully. You cite umpires as a reason we won the flag here and you plainly said it in your prior comment:
I was talking about the free kick differential for the entire season. Not a single game.

You were still 7th in relation to the other teams that year.

Nothing wrong with jagging a flag but you seem to take it really personally when people say the Dogs managed to steal one. A flag is a flag, we can still analyse it sure but you were the most deserving team in 2016 just like all other flag teams.
But they didn't steal it. It was given to them on the sly off the back of a truck. AFL mandated and executed via an uneven playing field with an at least +10 free kick differential all the way through finals.

AFL are in the sport entertainment business, and an underdog flag is a good tale for the West.

As soon as the finger was removed from the scales, we see the reversion to the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please read what I said carefully. You cite umpires as a reason we won the flag here and you plainly said it in your prior comment:
You should take your own advice. Someone mentioned the largest contested possession total on record. I said 'and the greatest ever free kick differential'.

If you think that is the same as me saying 'they only won the premiership due to free kicks' then you have reading comprehension problems. I hope you find help with them.

Last edited:
You should take your own advice. Someone said mentioned the largest contested possession total on record. I said 'and the greatest ever free kick differential'.

If you think that is the same as me saying 'they only won the premiership due to free kicks' then you have reading comprehension problems. I hope you find help with them.
Sorry but it’s too much fun watching you backtrack. Why would you bring it up if you weren’t suggesting it was a factor in winning the flag? What relevance is it to the topic at hand, being the present Bulldogs side?

Sorry but it’s too much fun watching you backtrack. Why would you bring it up if you weren’t suggesting it was a factor in winning the flag? What relevance is it to the topic at hand, being the present Bulldogs side?
You realise that it can contribute to a premiership without being the sole cause, right?

You realise that it can contribute to a premiership without being the sole cause, right?
I realise that there are many factors that contribute to the winning of a premiership.

They might include for example having the best contested ball winning team in recent memory, a strong coaching panel and good players hitting peak form in September, all of which applied to the Dogs.

They might also include salary cap allowances, playing all of your finals at home and a miraculous run with injury, none of which applied in our case.

Suggesting the umpires of all things were a significant factor is just poor sportsmanship. I learned that in grade four.

Better off trading in Dixion, 6 goals from 9 games, where as mcartin has 6 goals from 7 games and has been injured. Can you see who the real spud is? Fits in well with the rest of the port boys who get their wallets out while waxing their hair in front of the mirror

Dixon has been played out of position in the ruck because ryder has been injured.

How'd he go last year h2h against mcfartin?

But they didn't steal it. It was given to them on the sly off the back of a truck. AFL mandated and executed via an uneven playing field with an at least +10 free kick differential all the way through finals.

AFL are in the sport entertainment business, and an underdog flag is a good tale for the West.

As soon as the finger was removed from the scales, we see the reversion to the norm.

Two words; COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s wrong with the dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back