What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a little addicted to it, it's like playing an AFL version of football manager. Even the discs on the screen resemble the early Football Manager.
Yeah I smashed it for the same reason

Yeah I smashed it for the same reason
I also liked you can add teams to the leagues as well, and then add in players tlo vfill up the teams. What I've done in my save is I've tried to make sure that most teams in the league were able to compete fairly even though some have signed some players of lower skill so I have gone and edited their stats.

I also didn't like the names of some of the players so I have been using a fake name generator to rename the players as well.

Between games. I intended on 100%ing Hogwarts Legacy, but I've lost interest. I've done all the story, got all the pages (except one glitches one at Hogwarts), got the Demiguise etc.

I still haven't finished Cyberpunk 2077. I've 100%ed the map, I just haven't activated the final mission yet. I can't bring myself to do it.
I really had a great time with that game and I feel like I'll be sad to finish it.

I bought the new EA golf game, I spent extra to unlock it early. Played a few holes while it was downloading, I'm very shit at the game. Looks great, though.

MK 11

Getting right back into the game once again, don't think I'll play it (as it's not addictive as Injustice 2).... but still having a blast. Going to get my money's worth again!

I don't know what to play now that I've platinumed Elden Ring.

Anyone got any suggestions?

AFL '23

jk

MK 11

Getting right back into the game once again, don't think I'll play it (as it's not addictive as Injustice 2).... but still having a blast. Going to get my money's worth again!

AFL '23

jk

Lol
Sucks it got delayed.

Funnily enough I am terrible at sports games. Sports and fighters I struggle with. Not that I don't like them, just that I'm not good at them.

Lol
Sucks it got delayed.

Funnily enough I am terrible at sports games. Sports and fighters I struggle with. Not that I don't like them, just that I'm not good at them.

Not sure what to seriously suggest, I assume having played Elden Ring that you've played the Dark Souls series ? (if not, play them... if you have ? play them again :p. I replayed Dark Souls over the Christmas/New Year period. Funnily enough I revisited Elden Ring (on pc) last week, will keep going back to it every now and then. As opposed to continuing my Xbox progress (up to Journey +7 lol).

Not sure what to seriously suggest, I assume having played Elden Ring that you've played the Dark Souls series ? (if not, play them... if you have ? play them again :p. I replayed Dark Souls over the Christmas/New Year period. Funnily enough I revisited Elden Ring (on pc) last week, will keep going back to it every now and then. As opposed to continuing my Xbox progress (up to Journey +7 lol).

That's a good idea actually. DS1 it is then!

That's a good idea actually. DS1 it is then!

It's a bit jarring going back at first, but all of the excessive dodging and other skills picked up in Elden Ring made me a lot better at Dark Souls - as I posted on here at the time... I barely died from enemy combat during the play through... the vast majority of deaths were from stupidly going off edges and falling to my doom!! In other play throughs in recent years I usually clear the first few main bosses without dying (Capra Demon or Gaping Dragon.... this time I went even further!).

Not really playing as much of late, but since I finally have a lot of the logic worked out for my prototype I've started the tedious process of transforming a blockout level into something real. I have an RTX 4080 so the plan is to push this to its absolute limit of fidelity. That's why I've added so many vertices to the flat road, footpath planes and road guttering. Then I'm able to do something called vertex painting to add insane detail in Unreal Engine. So far the plan is to completely utilise Quixel textures so I can bypass Substance Painter entirely (I also don't want to renew my license at this stage lol), and won't be sticking with that road and footpath texture, they're just there because they show up cool PBR detail under standard lighting. The ability to create amazing AAA looking games as an indie is within reach now and the only limits are your personal skills and time restraints. I've never been sure if this topic would be of much interest on this board but if anyone is interested in learning about it then just let me know and I'll point you in the direction to get started. Even if it's not ever finish anything to production, but just to learn how it works and have a bit of fun in playing around. It also gives a different perspective of games that you play.

blend.png blendroad.png ueproto.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been on a MK 11 binge over the last week, started playing it on the PS5 (for free), got addicted enough to it again that I shelled out $17 for the Aftermath/Ultimate DLC. Then I went down the rabbit hole of resuming what I was up to on the Xbox version (I finished the campaigns, just mopping up several achievements etc + simming the tower events to build up my overall game stats).

I saw someone playing Injustice 2 on Xbox, which inspired me to play that again for the first time in months. Again mopped up other acchievements I hadn't earned previously. I own it on Xbox, PC (via steam) and downloaded it for free on Playstation some time ago. I re-purchased the "pc" version again last night (through the Xbox/Game Pass PC portal) so now I'm racking up the achievement points playing through it yet again haha.

Rocket League
Last week I was on a massive winning streak
This week it's been win win, loss loss loss loss, win loss loss loss etc. Frustrating but that's rocket league for you! I think I'm going to stop playing on Playstation as my form using the PS5 controller is very sloppy lately.

Hitman 3/Trilogy

Playing the Arcade Escalations

Cricket 23
Made the jump to representing the country, helped Australia smash Afghanistan. While waiting for the next tour, played in the Shield.
Got selected for the series v India. First test in Adelaide, pink ball style. Only made 48 runs in the first innings and 0/36 when bowling. They got a near 200 run lead, which I helped eradicate (I only scored 90 but I took over from a pretty average position with 3 wickets gone). Could only set them a score of 198 to win. Still bowled average, until I snared a wicket via a catch in the slips. This time around I was only costing the team 3 runs per over.

I got taken off and assumed we were going to lose, the match finishes and.... we won by 7 runs!!!!

Fall Guys
Got the MOTU costumes a few weeks back, having a few matches here and there. Managed to win a game yesterday where the last round was on the rotating platform as the slime was rising. Players kept trying to grab and hold on to me to force me to fall in. I managed to escape and luckily avoided falling in the slime.

Cricket 23
Made the jump to representing the country, helped Australia smash Afghanistan. While waiting for the next tour, played in the Shield.
Got selected for the series v India. First test in Adelaide, pink ball style. Only made 48 runs in the first innings and 0/36 when bowling. They got a near 200 run lead, which I helped eradicate (I only scored 90 but I took over from a pretty average position with 3 wickets gone). Could only set them a score of 198 to win. Still bowled average, until I snared a wicket via a catch in the slips. This time around I was only costing the team 3 runs per over.

I got taken off and assumed we were going to lose, the match finishes and.... we won by 7 runs!!!!
Never been a fan of cricket, but love the sound of the career mode depth on these games. Very tempted to pick it up with the extended wait for AFL 23

Never been a fan of cricket, but love the sound of the career mode depth on these games. Very tempted to pick it up with the extended wait for AFL 23

Actually the cricket games are fairly basic which helps I guess as a lot of the bigger named sports games (like Fifa, NBA 2K, Madden etc) can over complicate things with 923074329072409 menu screens to sift through.

There are a few oddities also such as being put down by the coach, despite performing well and winning the game.

But overall the cricket series has been fun to play over the years.

I'd watch a few youtube videos before committing to a purchase. If you had an Xbox console + game pass you could currently play cricket 22 for free as part of the subscription. The game(s) hold their value and rarely get put on sale, Cricket 22 is still 99.95 on the PSN store.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back