What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Far Cry: New Dawn - I'd always heard this game was quite bad, but I actually enjoyed it! Certainly not the best FC, but not the worst either. By the way, if anyone wants to help me out for 10-15 minutes to do the 2 co-op challenges, let me know! It's the last thing I need for 100% completetion, but obviously don't know anyone that plays it (I'm on PC)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Well, I actually completed the main game when it was first released, but I picked up the Season Pass on special not long ago to play the 3 DLC chapters, and it's quite good (despite the negative ratings on Steam). I really love the freedom you have in this game. It does really feel a bit like the world is your oyster in the sense you can play stealthy, or have a shoot-out with a variety of different avenues you can take to reach your goal... Deus Ex is quite a good series to get involved with! Recommended.

Far Cry: New Dawn - I'd always heard this game was quite bad, but I actually enjoyed it! Certainly not the best FC, but not the worst either. By the way, if anyone wants to help me out for 10-15 minutes to do the 2 co-op challenges, let me know! It's the last thing I need for 100% completetion, but obviously don't know anyone that plays it (I'm on PC)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Well, I actually completed the main game when it was first released, but I picked up the Season Pass on special not long ago to play the 3 DLC chapters, and it's quite good (despite the negative ratings on Steam). I really love the freedom you have in this game. It does really feel a bit like the world is your oyster in the sense you can play stealthy, or have a shoot-out with a variety of different avenues you can take to reach your goal... Deus Ex is quite a good series to get involved with! Recommended.

It's fine gameplay wise imo. It mixes it up a little after people complained about FC getting stale. Of course they try something a little different and people then complain it's not FC enough. The story was a little lacking, they should have not bothered with the twins and just put more into the cult/Joseph arc.

It's fine gameplay wise imo. It mixes it up a little after people complained about FC getting stale. Of course they try something a little different and people then complain it's not FC enough. The story was a little lacking, they should have not bothered with the twins and just put more into the cult/Joseph arc.
Yeah you're right there. I don't think they have to reinvent the wheel everytime they make a new FC game, but small changes here and there are enough to keep it fresh and in the end you want to keep it familiar enough for people that are already fans of the FC series. What you see is what you get type deal and I'm happy enough to buy and jump into FC games largely knowing what to expect.

Just bought 6 on sale the other day since it launched on Steam, so I'll get around to that soon - the only FC I haven't played now.

Yeah you're right there. I don't think they have to reinvent the wheel everytime they make a new FC game, but small changes here and there are enough to keep it fresh and in the end you want to keep it familiar enough for people that are already fans of the FC series. What you see is what you get type deal and I'm happy enough to buy and jump into FC games largely knowing what to expect.

Just bought 6 on sale the other day since it launched on Steam, so I'll get around to that soon - the only FC I haven't played now.

It's kind of the same with The Assassins Creed games too. People were getting sick of the old format so they changed it to more RPG style for the last 3 games, now they are changing it back for the upcoming one and still plenty of people saying 'same old' which is what they wanted to go back to in the first place.

I think it's more of a burnout issue for them but they don't realise it. And to be fair, we've had 7 or 8 AC games since GTA V which was 10 years ago. But if it's a format you like, it's easier to be forgiving for the series being spammed like that.

It's kind of the same with The Assassins Creed games too. People were getting sick of the old format so they changed it to more RPG style for the last 3 games, now they are changing it back for the upcoming one and still plenty of people saying 'same old' which is what they wanted to go back to in the first place.

I think it's more of a burnout issue for them but they don't realise it. And to be fair, we've had 7 or 8 AC games since GTA V which was 10 years ago. But if it's a format you like, it's easier to be forgiving for the series being spammed like that.
People want the depth and feel of the RPG style games without 70 hours of padding that offers no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and without copying and pasting everything to a new setting 12 months later. Ubisoft don't, or won't, get it.

Been playing LotR: Gollum for review and what a stinker: The Lord Of The Rings: Gollum Review

Also playing another upcoming fighting game for review.

Spare time plays: Callisto Protocol (actually enjoying it) and have started The Excavation of Hob's Barrow which seems fantastic

Has to be in discussion for one of the worst games ever, looks atrocious in every way.

Has to be in discussion for one of the worst games ever, looks atrocious in every way.
I dunno, some of the dialogue options seem pretty inventive and progressive!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mafia II: Definitive Edition - just doing the DLC. Played the story a few years back. It runs like dogshite, not sure if it's a result of having to install the 2K launcher. Very choppy with late environment pop-ins. Was getting 10-15fps until I turned off PhysX to hit 30fps. Meh. Classic version was fine when I played it years ago before doing this version so the definitive edition feels unnecessary.

Not feeling it anyway. I think the police presence in this game kills it because they are EVERYWHERE and they are a complete nuisance trying to complete missions. Surely there should be some separation between fighting Mafia enemies and taking on cops. But when you start taking on Mafia in a mission the game spawns a couple of cops a majority of the time and if you decide to take them out when they shoot at you, you'll suddenly have a headache on your hands with many more of them turning up whilst you're trying to complete the mission at the same time.

Daedalic games are usually solid without being amazing, so kinda surprising they've released a stinker like Gollum.

Uncharted 4. It's my first venture into the series

If you have PS Plus Deluxe, Uncharted 1-3 is on there. All three games are in The Nathan Drake Collection and can be found under the “classics catalogue” of PS Plus Deluxe. There is also Uncharted Legacy (spinoff) that is on PS Plus and that can be found in the “Legacy of Thieves” collection, together with Uncharted 4.

If you have PS Plus Deluxe, Uncharted 1-3 is on there. All three games are in The Nathan Drake Collection and can be found under the “classics catalogue” of PS Plus Deluxe. There is also Uncharted Legacy (spinoff) that is on PS Plus and that can be found in the “Legacy of Thieves” collection, together with Uncharted 4.

Do not. Playing on PC which does include the Legacy of Thieves one. But the first 3 games aren't on PC from what I understand?

Do not. Playing on PC which does include the Legacy of Thieves one. But the first 3 games aren't on PC from what I understand?

Unfortunately, correct. They are PS4 only.

I've never been a big fan of Uncharted but I will admit that UC4 has some of my favourite moments in video games. Adore that setting.
It's a great game, Madagadcar (especially the car scene) is amazing but I just think that the previous two may be better games

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back