What can you say?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Boy From Brasil

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2007
Noosa, Brasil
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am not sure what to really say. We had everything to play for and didn't turn up to play.

I feel shattered at the moment. Not just because we lost. It just makes it extremely hard to make top four from here. We have made it really difficult for ourselves. And do we even deserve to be there? I can't see us making any sort of impact in September.

What a dissappointment :(

Im devistated......

Almost rans again and again.

If we are ever going to make a statment that we mean to win a flag, its these games that are the ones we have to win.

This team is very fragile, with way to many very poor decision makers in it. When the ball gets into the wrong hand you just know its going to end up bad.

Ill just echo what i think everyone is feeling

Total and utter Dissapointment in this team.

all the critics were right, we have only beaten the bomers (who arnt even in the 8) and the crows. no hope in september with this list

It certainly is a devastating feeling. So much to play for....... and knowing us we'll come out and play great against Brisbane and instill some false hope into the supporters again. bleh

Worst tactics by Eade I have ever seen. Bomb it long to no tall target, 5 on 1 to Stack/Hill. Great tactics Rocket.
Hope he hasn't signed that contract yet

I almost switched the game off so many times..

In the end we lost it, I could have spend those couple of hours doing something decent with my time!

Worst tactics by Eade I have ever seen. Bomb it long to no tall target, 5 on 1 to Stack/Hill. Great tactics Rocket.
Hope he hasn't signed that contract yet

Yep that's it. All Eade's fault. Not the fact that Minson can't hold onto a ball. Not the fact because every young KPP on our list refuses to stand up. Not the fact that our disposal today was abysmal. Not the fact that we let them get off to a 50 point head start through underestimating the Eagles and poor kicking on goals. Not the fact that the Eagles, for three quarters at least, were a better side than us and certainly more committed.

Nope, its all Eade's fault for not giving us an option up forward that we just don't have.

Yep that's it. All Eade's fault. Not the fact that Minson can't hold onto a ball. Not the fact because every young KPP on our list refuses to stand up. Not the fact that our disposal today was abysmal. Not the fact that we let them get off to a 50 point head start through underestimating the Eagles and poor kicking on goals. Not the fact that the Eagles, for three quarters at least, were a better side than us and certainly more committed.

Nope, its all Eade's fault for not giving us an option up forward that we just don't have.

Does Eade drop underperforming players? Does he ever try one of our young KPP out? No. stfu

We'll we are all fired up at the moment myself included but did we play that bad or did we make West coast look that good.
We had 32 shots at goal compared to 22, I think we shot ourselves in the foot by bad shooting.

Does Eade drop underperforming players? Does he ever try one of our young KPP out? No. stfu

Which of these "young KPP" do you suggest we play? How many of them have pulled their finger out in the reserves and made a case for their inclusion? Or instead, are you not going to bother with specifics and make nice general sweeping statements that seem to fit the situation? Yes. stfu

Exactly.. Who has been dropped during the year for constant bad games?

NO ONE!

Bring some pride and heart back to FFC, some of those jokers are playing as if its a chore!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drop underperforming players, reward the kids who are playing well down at Williamstown. If that means dropping a big name like Cooney for example or anyone else for that matter then someone should make the big call.

If they get that kick in the a*se they might start showing some heart. At the moment it looks to me as if they all expect to get a spot in the side each week, and they do.

We had 32 shots at goal compared to 22, I think we shot ourselves in the foot by bad shooting.

You make a good point, we had a really bad hair day with our kicking for goal.

But it just appeared to me from afar that we were not really switched on from the first bounce. Unfortunately this is a common occurence.It was almost the same as what happened against Melbourne, we turn up just expecting to beat lower teams on skills, and there is a real lack of intensity. Our intensity looks miles away from sides like St Kilda, Geelong and Collingwood. It is really worrying.

I'd be surprised if Eade told the team to bomb it long, I really would, and if he did then he can kiss his coaching career goodbye because he'll get the sack.

We had too many players not willing to work hard enough both ways, and not thinking about what they were doing when they had the ball.

Kicking ten behinds before you kick a goal doesn't help either.

Very disappointing, and not going to post much more until I cool down.

I was at the game and i have 2 words for this mob.

****ING DISGRACE!
You must have been sitting near me because that's all I could say.

I've officially given up. Not getting my hopes up ever again. I hadsuspicions but this has confirmed we are just not good enough.

How the F do you dominate a game and then lose? Surely some players are on their last chance. The only positive today was Callan Ward.

Good luck Geelong and good luck St Kilda the rest (with apologies to Colingwood) are just going through the motions.

Usually i try to tkae postives out off a match but this gmae I just cnat find anything to be happy about. A game that should have been a easy win and to keep us ahead off Collingwood and Crows, just to stuff it up by giving them a 47 point lead.

Fair dinkum Dogs what the **** is going on in your heads? as much as I hate to sya it but we are really looking the great pretenders.

I think many of our supporters and the media have come to think we are a better side than we actually are. We've beaten no one of note, our forward line is shambolic when things aren't going all that well, and the team really hasn't strung four quarters of good footy together this season.

Unfortunately, these holes would have been better have been exposed in this fashion around the split round instead of a month from finals.

Haven't been on this site for a long time but today has just about finished me with this club. Supported it for many years but always let's it's supporters down. I was reading on this site people saying we were going to beat the eagles easy just like they were saying before round 4 and yet the same result has happened again, actually it has happened the last 5 out of 6 times Worsfold loves coaching against Rocket and the dogs as he thinks they are always in with a chance not like other top 4 sides. Living in the West you get to see a lot on the eagles and I knew coming into today we were going to struggle as they were pumping themselves up for us as every game they play is there last. We were playing for top 4 and we were lazy and unaccountable and blew it. It will be hard for me to pay for memberships again from the other side of the country as for 30 something years I have watched the same thing and all we ask for is a GF appearance and maybe a Premiership but again our back end of the season will let us down. Very dissappointed and feel for every Doggie supporter out there as we watch the same thing year after year.

Stan Alves on ABC radio reckoned that Worsfold out coached Eade in the first half.

IF WCE can do it away from home, most of the top 8 will be able too.

Out-coached would be understating it.

Leaving their forward line completely open and flooding back on the counter was a masterstroke. There was no answer at all.

That first half was probably the worst half of football I've ever seen.

I've got a joke for you all.

Western Bulldogs = premiership contenders.

:rolleyes:

What a ****ing disgraceful performance that was. Embarassing, inept, gutless, spineless, insipid, pathetic.

Who the hell do we think we are kidding?

Seriously, if someone has a time machine, can you let us know so we can immediately fast forward to

a) Our inevitable 8-9 goal loss to Geelong or St Kilda in the first week of the finals if by some miracle we now make the top 4, followed up by an equally inevitable loss by the same margin against Carlton or whichever club is lucky enough to draw us in the 2nd week

b) Our standard straight sets elimination loss in the first week to Carlton or Brisbane or, again, whatever club is lucky enough to be overjoyed at the fact that they drew us in the finals.

Fast forward to either of these moments, that way we can all look forward to our 56th straight year of underachievement and mediocrity in 2010.

We are just not up to it.

I am gutted, but at the same time, not in the least bit surprised.

****ing disgraceful.

Surely you guys have to seriously consider Barry Hall now for next year? Wasting that many inside 50s is pretty poor.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if you can win another game this year. Your record against top 8 teams is pretty poor.

(BTW - this is not a troll, I was hoping the Bulldogs might have a shot this year).

Remove this Banner Ad

What can you say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back