What can you say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard Daniel Cross on the radio after the game and he did mention that the Freo and Eagles games had been pencilled in at the beginning of the season as the games where they would up the 'heavy training load' a few extra sessions here and there in preparation for the Bris, Geel and Collingwood games and beyond. Guess we will see how it all goes in the next few weeks.

rocket eade said in the press conference the extra traning was "absolute crap" and a "fallacy", so i dont know about that.

And the Prophet descended from the mountain, weary with travel and burdened with knowledge.

And the People did gather 'round him, to hear of his wisdom.

And the Prophet said, 'The Lord has spoken to me, and he has a message'

And the People asked, 'What is this message, o Prophet?'

And the Prophet did say 'The Lord has commanded that this message, the One Truth, be known on the hills and in the valleys. That it be spread from the beaches to the deserts. That every man, woman and child know the One Truth, for the salvation of their very soul.'

And the People did cry out, 'Tell us, o Prophet, what is this One Truth?!'

And the Prophet did proclaim the Lord's One Truth.

'"Goals. Win. Matches."'

rocket eade said in the press conference the extra traning was "absolute crap" and a "fallacy", so i dont know about that.

Interesting, conflicting stories...Cross and Higgins mentioned the additional sessions on radio interviews today and Aker also mentioned it last week after the game against Freo.

I don't know what to say.

I love the red, white and blue, but there's only so much you can take.

We've all put up with the seemingly endless heartbreak, but today's performance was something else.

All I want to experience just once in my life - just once - is the excitement of a Grand Final, and if the stars align, maybe even a flag. However, as each year passes, this is getting further and further away.:(:(:(

I'm with you. I know exactly how you feel. Can't ignore the passion, it will never go away, but the years of non-achieving has made me bitter, pessimistic and apathetic.

This is terrible come out an put in a performance like that if we keep it up we gonna finish 6th or 7th. I really thought this year we could do something whats the point of finals, more than likely we will be playing the saints an we got no hope of beaten them then we will probably have to vs the crows an the way where going will cop a mauling from them an even if we win we vs the cats an get smashed an end up in the same position last year losing a prelim thanks doggies for all this hype for nothing............again.:mad:

Gia, Higgins, Murphy missing, sitting in 4th with some huge talant to return, When you guys tee off in that first week in september while us coaster supporters try to find a team to cheer for in the finals, im pretty sure you guys wont even remember this loss.
Im gonna put 20 on you guys taking brissy next week.

I'm with you. I know exactly how you feel. Can't ignore the passion, it will never go away, but the years of non-achieving has made me bitter, pessimistic and apathetic.

I'm just so disappointed :(

From a young kid watching the Doggies out at the Western Oval, you get used to the continual kick in the guts, and today we received yet another.

Promise so much, deliver so little. Mentally as weak a team as I have ever witnessed (I have said this many many times, but a psychologist would do wonders), no will to work hard, a complete lack of respect to any other team, no intensity, no game plan, no forward structure and worst of all, no heart :( Today was a glowing example of this.

Besides Morris, Harbrow, Aker and Ward, all others should have the white curtain drawn around them... including Eade.

Eade's continual lack of forward setup is mind boggling. Lack of tall forwards aside, why are we pushing ALL of our forwards passed our f50 and beyond. It simply doesn't make sense :rolleyes: No wonder out mids/backs don't know what to do when they're trying to setup play, our forwards just aren't there :confused: Especially when Addison is the only one up there... what the?

Eade's unwillingness to drop players who are underperforming is astounding :confused: When was the last time this happened??? Has it ever? Their is simply no reward to push for the seniors. I love the tractor, but he only turns up to one game in 5, Eagle is done, Addison was disappointing today, should be dropped, Williams was lost. Everitt, either play him in a suitable position of drop him. Griffin and Cooney keep racking up possessions but have very little impact. Either could do with a spell in the two's, but this won't happen.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

I'm just so very disappointed. :(:thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown:

I'm just so disappointed :(

From a young kid watching the Doggies out at the Western Oval, you get used to the continual kick in the guts, and today we received yet another.

Promise so much, deliver so little. Mentally as weak a team as I have ever witnessed (I have said this many many times, but a psychologist would do wonders), no will to work hard, a complete lack of respect to any other team, no intensity, no game plan, no forward structure and worst of all, no heart :( Today was a glowing example of this.

Besides Morris, Harbrow, Aker and Ward, all others should have the white curtain drawn around them... including Eade.

Eade's continual lack of forward setup is mind boggling. Lack of tall forwards aside, why are we pushing ALL of our forwards passed our f50 and beyond. It simply doesn't make sense :rolleyes: No wonder out mids/backs don't know what to do when they're trying to setup play, our forwards just aren't there :confused: Especially when Addison is the only one up there... what the?

Eade's unwillingness to drop players who are underperforming is astounding :confused: When was the last time this happened??? Has it ever? Their is simply no reward to push for the seniors. I love the tractor, but he only turns up to one game in 5, Eagle is done, Addison was disappointing today, should be dropped, Williams was lost. Everitt, either play him in a suitable position of drop him. Griffin and Cooney keep racking up possessions but have very little impact. Either could do with a spell in the two's, but this won't happen.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

I'm just so very disappointed. :(:thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown:

Feeling very much the same.
Walked away feeling like a born loser, not going anywhere and hopeless. More fool me for daring to think we might be any good.

Little fella next to me in tears after the siren, plenty more to come as well. Was ready to jump the fence and give a few blokes a kick up the arse, brought shame on the jumper with some insipid, bumbling efforts.

Gia, Higgins, Murphy missing, sitting in 4th with some huge talant to return, When you guys tee off in that first week in september while us coaster supporters try to find a team to cheer for in the finals, im pretty sure you guys wont even remember this loss.
Im gonna put 20 on you guys taking brissy next week.
Interesting how an outsider can see a far more positive, perhaps even realistic picture than supporters who have a history of fear and disappointment.

It should go without saying that every player is gutted by todays result. As was pointed out however our inaccuracy and WCE early accuracy were significant elements of the story.

But the critical part now is making sure every single person in the club steps up from next week. Self belief is an essential part of the picture. Can we ease up on bagging the players and coach ?

Realistically we start our finals campaign today. Let's pull together on this one.:thumbsu:

I respect your desire to remain positive Older Dog, though you are skimming over some unavoidable concerns.

Firstly, while it is nice of the Eagles supporter to gently caress our broken spirits, what is realistic is the results sheet. Don't confuse hope with reality ... we are far too punch drunk for that.

Accuracy certainly did play a part ... or at least inaccuracy did. But you see, that is a skill in football, and failure in that area is the same as if you repeatedly miss targets, fumble possessions, fall over your own feet, etc. etc. It is poor football and it costs games.

The self belief is exactly what is required. They were kidding us all along if the club said they ever had it. It's what we've needed since the 1970's for goodness sake, and it's been said time and time again to no effect. It cost us in '97 and it still looms large as ever now. They said the narrow loss to Geelong steeled the players from that point onwards, as it gave them "belief". It wasn't real. It's not supposed to just last 6 weeks.

Dancin' Dougie was right earlier. They have mental problems. I've seen it too often. That's why Johnno - love him dearly - can't seal those post-siren shots. It will take nothing less than actual accomplishment (plus a good shrink) to turn it around.

Dancin' Dougie was right earlier. They have mental problems. I've seen it too often. That's why Johnno - love him dearly - can't seal those post-siren shots. It will take nothing less than actual accomplishment (plus a good shrink) to turn it around.

AND that is why we are fooked. Always have been. Always will be. Its the major reason we nearly always loose the big games. ITs a small penis issue. Its the same reason Adelaide beat us in 97. Everyone of us supporters knows that we will lose and expect us to lose. We dont want it to happen but we know it will. I would have bet my house on Johno missing the goal after the siren against North. Against Geelong I would have bet my life. Now he cant hit a target from 15 meters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its very simple issue really. DEPTH!

If you have depth you have pressure for spots.
If you have depth you can drop Hanh, Eaglton, Williams etc.
If you have depth you are really a top four side not just pretenders.
If you have depth you can cover injuries.
If yo have depth you have options to play horses for courses(Matchups).

It all comes back to bad recruiting and a big gap were our recruits were poor. Our recent recruits I feel have been good but its a shame for Johno because he will miss out on a flag. Then again he had his chance in 97.

I think its very simple issue really. DEPTH!

If you have depth you have pressure for spots.
If you have depth you can drop Hanh, Eaglton, Williams etc.
If you have depth you are really a top four side not just pretenders.
If you have depth you can cover injuries.
If yo have depth you have options to play horses for courses(Matchups).

It all comes back to bad recruiting and a big gap were our recruits were poor. Our recent recruits I feel have been good but its a shame for Johno because he will miss out on a flag. Then again he had his chance in 97.

Yeah, not sad to see the back of Scott Clayton by any means...

It makes it even more bewildering that we didn't turn up to play, given that they beat us early in the season. Even though they beat us in WA, they still beat us. So you would think that any possible complacency against the Eagles would have been knocked out. But still we have the mindset that all we have to do is turn up and win. And to get to be eight goals behind is unfathomable for me.

It sort of shows how miles we are away from St Kilda. Not only with forward line structure but with attitude. They have the "trademark" which is a specific set of essential attributes that each player is marked upon each game. They turn up week in/week out. There is no chance of slackening off or losing intensity because they set high standards on pressure and intensity each week, and any player that doesn't meet those standards is sent back to the VFL.

I am not sure that we have the same 'week to week' standards in intensity and pressure. We seem to turn up when we feel like it, and need an absolute spray from Rocket to get us motivated. I know in reality it isn't like this, but this is how it seems from outside looking in. I just don't understand how professional footballers earning big dollars can start a game not fully switched on, and just expecting to win because the side is a lot lower on the ladder.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm 10000 miles away from the action. It would have been more heartbreaking being at Docklands yesterday compared to sitting here at my computer listening to the match on 774ABC Melbourne. :( And my tips have been shot to hell so far this weekend too. :(:(

Drop underperforming players, reward the kids who are playing well down at Williamstown. If that means dropping a big name like Cooney for example or anyone else for that matter then someone should make the big call.

Very good point. Saints did it with delsanto and it benfit him, why can rocket make a big decision and drop a star player? We should start looking for someone who can make the hard decisions!

Interesting how an outsider can see a far more positive, perhaps even realistic picture than supporters who have a history of fear and disappointment.

It should go without saying that every player is gutted by todays result. As was pointed out however our inaccuracy and WCE early accuracy were significant elements of the story.

But the critical part now is making sure every single person in the club steps up from next week. Self belief is an essential part of the picture. Can we ease up on bagging the players and coach ?

Realistically we start our finals campaign today. Let's pull together on this one.:thumbsu:

Inaccuracy, we had Murphy, Higgins out etc etc, the realistic picture is that West Coast, a bottom 4 club pumped us and had two of the leagues to 20 (if not 10) players missing in Cox and Kerr

No heart No passion and blew any chance of retaining 3rd place.

The Coodabeen's have the majority of Big Footy posters absolutely spot on with their Danny from Droop Street. You presumably knew what you were getting into when you started supporting the club, no sympathy for whining about it now. I guess you could always switch to the Saints, Cats, Swans, or any other team that you think is going to be more successful. As for me, well, each year, the team has provided me with a great deal of enjoyment, excitement and yes, frustration - not always in equal measure. However, I don't see a lot of point in some of the carping, negative comments - I'm quite sure that the players, coaching and support staff at no time deliberately go out to disappoint the supporters. To me, the glass is much more often half full - and regardless, while there is a Western Bulldogs team to follow, playing out of Melbourne, I'll be there to support them.

gday

a few points;

It would be great show of LEADERSHIP for once if a senior player like eagleton or griffen was dropped by eade for a change ??? Week in week out, its always the youngsters that gets dropped and blaimed for our poor results, which is piss weak from eade if you ask me !!! - as far as i am concerned, blokes like eagle, griffen have had plenty of chances, and just havent delivered , so pull your finger out eade, have some balls and do something for a change !

Our forward line is just ABSOLUTELY DIOBOLICAL ! However, we didnt have guido, murph, Welsh or higgins yesterday, so i reserve my judgement on our forward line untill we have them all playing at once in the game - Its no excuse for losing to west coast, but if we had have had these 4 blokes, we would not have lost that game...

It would have been nice to see someone kick to a bloke out on a lead from the forward line for a change , or in actual fact, it would be great to see someone at centre half forward or inside forward 50 actually lead . this year, i believe one of our major problems is our work ethic - the backmen must get soooo bloody frustrated as they run off the half backline, to see absolutely no one leading into space up forward - this is a weakness in our side this year - nothing up forward ond no one prepared to bust a gut and do some hard running into space on the half forward line ! far too often, a backmen runs off the half backline and no one is in front of him !

the intensity dropped off big time yet again - tackeling was piss weak, pressure was non existent for most of the game, and yet again, we made stupid mistakes turning the ball over that resulted in direct goals - Classic Example was cooney kicking across the backline switching play directly to a west coast player ! Just kick it forward for "F" Sakes! I am sick of this bull crap tactic of indirect, piss weak football ! Its soft !

I hope to hell we pull our fingers out of our arses as we have to win the next 3 , or we are up S**T creek in a barb wire canoe without a paddle with a fat chick in the boat with us !

The line in the sand must be drawn this week or else were gone !

Cheers

People are only negative because we're sick of being let down. We're sick of being called on to buy memberships based on loyalty but the team always lets us down. We are 4th this year because we got lucky with the draw, we've beaten no big teams. We're negative because we want things to change. But sure you stay positive and watch the same crap served up each year, and watch the members walk away and sooner rather than later there won't be a team in the Western suburbs.

You presumably knew what you were getting into when you started supporting the club, no sympathy for whining about it now. I guess you could always switch to the Saints, Cats, Swans, or any other team that you think is going to be more successful.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with giving constructive criticism if we played really badly or celebrating when we play really well. All supporters are doing is putting pen to paper (or in this case finger to keyboard) to illustrate their thoughts on the game. It is natural to expect positive responses when we play well and negative responses when we play badly. It doesn't mean that people who air their dissappointment or heartache love the club any less then the ones who stay positive. Just different ways of dealing with dissappointment.

If we have a bad loss, the two extremes will be from, demanding everyone to stay positive and saying we will still win the premiership by twenty goals, to calling the club losers and wanting to rip up the membership ticket. Most of the posters on here reside somewhere in between. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

What can you say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back