What did you learn from Round 20 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much that I didn't already know. North Melbourne and Essendon are better than expected, that's about it. Very lacklustre round of footy overall.:(

Umpiring was disgraceful both ways in the Hawks North game.

Agreed. I was screaming with rage at some howlers but then thanking my lucky stars at other times. My god they are just awful.

Agree about your season over too. Think Essendon have 8th spot unless they fall over.

Saints might go late into September but won't beat Geelong or Collingwood without Lenny Hayes.

West Coast will play in 2 finals this year, even if we finish 5th. We won't win the GF but the experience will be invaluable for our kids.

Be prepared for a Geelong vs Collingwood grand final, and the gap between both teams isn't as big as some people make out. Geelong can go all the way this year.

-Juddy can start writing his Brownlow speech, absolute champ
-The season is looking more like a two horse race every week
-North may have cost themselves a top 8 spot despite a gallant effort against the Hawks
-Bombers have spirit and wouldn't fear a week 1 matchup with Carlton
-Adelaide will win a few more games this year, but will it be enough for Bicks?
-Richmond have some very dumb and ill disciplined players, shot themselves in the foot giving away free kicks in front of goal
-Umpires were too hot with the 50m penalties in the WC game, paid a few too many soft frees overall I think
-Brisbane fans must hate forth quarters

I've learnt that Richmond supporters are sore losers who blame the umpires on losing by ten goals.

Fair enough if you lost by a couple of goals but you got flogged for crying out loud:rolleyes:

Flogged in the free count.:D

Not sore losers.

Even Dimma who never ever bags the umpires has come out and said there was a home ground advantage.

Funny when Richmond have home games,we never seem to get that advantage.

Anyway good luck to the Eagles for the rest of the year and happy 25th Bday.

we shall see what tripe the umpires dish up on our home ground next week lol.

Not all red carpets and freerides at Tigerland Dimma.

Welcome to RFC.:D

• Richmond have dirty Ruckman
  • Essendon may have snatched the lead for the race for Eighth
  • The end of the season is near , lower teams just dont compete
  • Chris Judd is the best player I have seen except for P Matera
  • WCE depth could be tested
  • Still looks a Collingwood / Geelong / Hawks / Carlton race for the flag , WCE finals in Melbourne will be a big test .
  • Freo destiny still in there hands
  • NM unfortunately , gone
  • Injuries are the most terrible part of AFL , as the OX said they should be paid more, more .....

I learnt nothing again. Same old, maybe realised a little more diff between the top 2 and bottom 2.

Speaking of umpiring. Does anyone know who the most favoured team is? It's Port Adelaide ffs. It's not even close to 2nd most favoured Carlton. Port avg 4.5 more frees than their opponent, Carlton 3.

How the hell can that be? To the eagles fans saying but we were 1st to the ball, well clearly it has nothing to do with it. Port was so far behind Collingwood in every aspect on sat night, 15-13 pies way in frees. It should have been so much more but umps love Port.

• The team that finishes 5th may be better off psychologically and physically compared to the teams that finish 3rd and 4th as they won't get totally destroyed by a rampant Collingwood/Geelong.... as well as playing an 8th placed team that may have limped into 8th.
  • Still think Bulldogs and North have a chance to sneak into the 8.
  • I know that Port is hopeless... but is Primus a bigger failure of a coach then Voss has been (at least Voss made it to a final series in his first year).
  • Whichever teams get to play Port and GWS twice next year have a huge advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and Collingwood are dominant to levels of stupidity, they put away bad teams like not many others have.
North Melbourne have a MASSIVE heart, top 8 next year.
St. Kilda could do some real damage in the finals.
Tasmania is football crazy, every opening conversation I had through out the weekend consisted of people bring up the football match up North.
Adam Goodes confirmed that he is in the top 20 players I have ever seen play.
Jason Dunstall is a surprisingly good commentator.
Michael Hurley is very dangerous, even at 65% health.
Port need the preseason to start, feel sorry for them.

Last season the Eagles midfielders got 1/4 of their kicks from free kicks. They perfected the "Selwood Shrug" and the well trained Eagles crowd makes sure the umpires can't ignore it.

Last season not one visiting team got more free kicks than the Eagles at Subiaco Oval.

Before this season the count for the last 50 games @ Subiaco Oval - 45 times West Coast got more free kicks & 5 times the visiting team got more free kicks.

This is what i learnt. Stats don't like we were ****ed.

Essendon's win over Sydney may join West Coast's win over Carlton as the most important results of the season. However, Essendon still needs to beat the Bulldogs next week (and Freo needs to lose to Carlton) for the Dons to start booking their place in the finals.

To be fair to Richmond, WC got a good run with the umpires today.

But we get no favors when we play in Melb. So meh

And do Tiger supporters remember the MCG last year. Didnt Riewolt kicked half of his 10 goals from frees:rolleyes:

That the public education system is failing us epically. It is "learned" not learnt. Among a number of borderline illiterate posts.

I learned also, that Shaun Burgoyne MUST be on his knees thanking God every single day for the trade that got him out of Alberton. Surely anyone on that list with any ability would be trying to flee like a rat off a sinking ship.

I learned that football supporters for the most part are sheep, unable to formulate an opinion of their own. ie the media and bigfooty talk up a team like the Saints, forgetting that they managed to only just scrape home against a side that haven't won at Ethihad since Sheedy was coaching Essendon. They have won 6 straight, but have beaten no one of note. They will be unmercifully smashed by Swan and co this weekend.

I learned that you shouldn't piss Jake King off too much...

* That if the GF is not Geelong v Collingwood then it will be an injustice. Sorry Blues and Hawks, but if you can only just get over the Roos, and we are apparently no good against top 4 teams, then you're not GF material.
I agree that the Pies and Cats are ahead of the rest but I hate the mentality of measuring teams like that. It's like saying anyone who beat Adelaide this year is better than us because we lost to them.

Dan Hannebery will be a future captain of the Swans, courage personified.
Sam Reid against Carlisle will be a great battle for years to come.
Adam Goodes, 31 yrs old at full flight is still amazing.
Luke Shuey should win the Rising Star.
No coach can help Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

What did you learn from Round 20 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back