What did you learn in 2011?

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the unique structure in season 2011, I had a reasonably good year and finished 927 overall, my best performance after finishing 50K in 2009 (when I didn't know anything about DT) and top 20K in 2010.

Do not pick players who are injury-prone, such as Higgins. He burnt me in round 5 and I totally regretted selecting him ahead of Fyfe in my round 1 squad.

The midfield spots are absolute gold and no place for mid-pricers. I started the year with only 2 premium mids, 2 midpricers and lots of rookies. Even though my mid-pricers went up $100,000 each, those spots were wasted and should have been for guns.

The midfield spots are absolute gold and no place for mid-pricers. I started the year with only 2 premium mids, 2 midpricers and lots of rookies. Even though my mid-pricers went up $100,000 each, those spots were wasted and should have been for guns.

If midpricers improve on their avg by 20+ than i think they are very much worth it.

Not really.

If they improve from say 50 to 70 you will still need to trade them out. You can pick up any number of rookie priced players who will average 70+ as mids, particularly with mature age players

It's finding the Fyfe's and Shiels that sets you apart. The previous 2 years I found I was still needing to trade out players for low - mid $300's which is a waste of a trade.

Not really.

If they improve from say 50 to 70 you will still need to trade them out. You can pick up any number of rookie priced players who will average 70+ as mids, particularly with mature age players

Yeah maybe its more 25-30+ now.

Would be interesting to see what rookies avg 70+ this year and consistently played that were not from Gold Coast.

Would you consider Adcock a good pick? increased his avg by 20

Adcock was a good pick...had those bad weeks when he was carrying a serious injury, bounced back to show he is a fairly decent and consistent scorer....will still be one to look out for next year, as I think he has more upside still, especially if he gets more mid time....

Yeah maybe its more 25-30+ now.

Would be interesting to see what rookies avg 70+ this year and consistently played that were not from Gold Coast.

Would you consider Adcock a good pick? increased his avg by 20

Adcock's irrelevant to the discussion as he is not a mid. That said would you have preferred Heppell or Adcock? What about D Stanley? Both much cheaper.

A similar choice to Adcock in the mids was Foley. Had a discount so priced at 55, averaged 83. Was he a good choice? You would struggle to find many who took him that would say yes. Myself included. I would have much preferred

D Swallow, Libba, Curnow, McKenzie, Iles etc.

All much cheaper and all averaged over 70.

It's not how many games they play, it's how well they score early in the year. Gaff a great example of this in reverse.

Adcock's irrelevant to the discussion as he is not a mid. That said would you have preferred Heppell or Adcock? What about D Stanley? Both much cheaper.

A similar choice to Adcock in the mids was Foley. Had a discount so priced at 55, averaged 83. Was he a good choice? You would struggle to find many who took him that would say yes. Myself included. I would have much preferred

D Swallow, Libba, Curnow, McKenzie, Iles etc.

All much cheaper and all averaged over 70.

It's not how many games they play, it's how well they score early in the year. Gaff a great example of this in reverse.

I guess with a midpricer you are wanting the player to make money and make it early so they can be upgraded. Had Foley scored 8 x 83 in his first 8 games than i would say he was a good pick. I would have preferred the 4 you listed than Foley (Iles IIRC started later).

True, but having all three from the start (as I did) was a nice position to be in....

1. Don't get injury riddled players such as Higgins and Rioli

2. Try to find mature aged recruits such as Duigan and Puopolo

3. Get Dreamteam scoring rookies

4. Dont get Karmichael Hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

What did you learn in 2011?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back