What do we all think is going to happen Friday night?

Remove this Banner Ad

rekon we will play very good footy again just like against brisbane... we are playing the g very very well and rekon the boys will be up again... the dogs havent been travelling that well IMO and if petterd was in would be very confident... as long as we can win enough inside ball think were a big chance

Looking at it objectively we have to be some sort of chance. Our form matches up pretty well. Both 3 and 3. We came close to knocking off Collingwood who are likely to finish top 4 and of course smashed the lions who are an outside chance of top 4. We have one of the best defences in terms of points against, our backline matches up nicely with their forward line, with two big man options against Hall and good mid size backs to match Johnson, Akermanis and Murphy. We are up in the ruck and break evenish in the mid field if Skullgrove go up a notch and Davey has the blinder he is due. Bit down on hard bodies but the bullies are coming off a now infamous bruising encounter (though i suppose we also had a pretty tough match). Pettard out is a blow, but no disrespect to him he was doing well not great. Danny Hughes likely to come in on the back of some strong performances at Casey and will take them by surprise with a 4 goal (with 1 long bomb), 8 mark (3 contested) performance. Jordie back in, tackling like a maniac and Sylvia back up to peak fitness.

And our game plan, style and playing group is specifically designed for the 'G. Of course they should be favourite but that brings its own pressure. Dees by 23 but take the line if you're having a bet coz i can't see them blowing us away given how solid our backline is playing. Friday night footy - terrific!

I'm looking forward to this game being an all out attacking assault. The problem last week was Norths zone that we couldn't penetrate. The reason we were able to get back into the game is the inexperience of their players. Dogs don't play as defensive as north and I expect goals for us to come easier than last week. However the dogs are a much more damaging attacking opponant and we will get cut to shreds if our mind isn't on being a solid defensive unit. Every player must play his part in pressuring them, especially their best users of the ball, which is basically 80% of their team.

High scoring, free flowing game, I expect us to probably sit around 20 points behind for majority of the game before the dogs overrun us. Realistically if we get within 30 points and get a few players to show promising signs I'll be happy. Rather that than try and shut the game down and still lose by a similar margin. Of course if we win I'll be grabbing lids off everything I can find and piffing them all in the air. Bottles, cups, bin lids, they will be blown off.

Note: if we do win there will be some major questions asked of the doggies I tell u right now. Kinda like the scathing reviews the hawks have been getting. What they wouldn't give to play Richmond this week

schwartz reckons we are the best bet in inside footy, you gotta love his bias lol

Schwartz giving betting tips?? lol

If Emma Quayle (Age footy writer) picks the Dogs, I reckon we've got no hope. She picked us to beat Brisbane (one of the few) and picked us to lose against North. She seems to get Melbourne right.

We are a dead set chance. I am one of the most pessimistic supporters of our team you will ever see but for a strange reason i feel extremely confident we can win on Friday night.

Will be one of those games were each team kicks a few goals in a row and just when you think one is getting on top the other will come back.

Ill say Melbourne by 14 points.

I feel more confident about this game than the North game for some reason.

This. I was never confident against North as they have 15 taggers. The Bullies don't really try to shut down the opposition too much. We should kick a reasonable score and I can see us winning by 6 points.

Miller to kick his 5th after the siren to win by 5 points. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. More likely his 5th kick not goal. lol

If Miller kicks the match-winner it would be the end of the Melbourne Board on BigFooty as we know it.

This place would simply melt.

(Kinda want it to happen now)

Honestly I don't know who is going to win. My bias hopes Melbourne while all logic tells me the dogs at this moment are a better side. Either way, I think an interesting rosect for this match could be miller. Just about the only good games he has played in his career have been shuttingdown Barry hall. and with a spot opening up you never know. Otherwise Melbourne has a decent record shutting down him forwards. it's the multiple pronged forward lines that seem to carve us up like the dogs were last year. this year could be a different story. But as I said... Who really knows?

Seeing as i will have to listen to the game on radio (In NSW friday night games start at midnight) which will piss me off. I won't get the visual feel of the game, that said, We will get within 25 points of them, I will be disappointed in anything less. Its winnable, but will be a battle.

If our midfield don’t get squeezed like last week we will have better chance, I’m just hoping for a quality game unlike that sh*t on show last wk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as i will have to listen to the game on radio (In NSW friday night games start at midnight) which will piss me off. I won't get the visual feel of the game, that said, We will get within 25 points of them, I will be disappointed in anything less. Its winnable, but will be a battle.

If our midfield don’t get squeezed like last week we will have better chance, I’m just hoping for a quality game unlike that sh*t on show last wk.

If you have Foxtel (or can convince a pub) it is shown live on 518 (mainevent) in NSW and ACT.

I completely agree with 'MR.Rude'.

I think we can & will win. I totally see a Melb vs Brisbane match coming up here.

Dogs are quick, so are we. We are a better tackling team than they are, and we have a very strong defence.

Our defence can do a real job on Hall (3 goals) and expect our defensive pressure to be high.

Because it's at the 'G, and we're playing a a more highly fancied Dogs, team, I feel very confident of knocking them off.

Green, Davey, Sylvia, Dunn, Jamar, Hughes & Trengove all to get amongst the goals.

I think this will be a tackle-fest - not so high scoring as people think, and I think we will win by 14 points....14.13 97 to 11.17 83.

I think it will be a great game to watch, and it's good to see the Dees getting up their again where they belong. However, the Dogs have had a bit of a bake from the press and the supporters this week, so it should spur them on.

No disrespect to Melbourne, but I think we have a bit more to play for this year, but that team you have assembled is a lock to break your premiership drought over the next five years.:thumbsu:

I reckon we'll show up and give a good account of ourselves.

Petterd out is a shame but he can be covered. He hasn't kicked over 2 goals since the Collingwood game. Yes, his tackling pressure and assist work has been very good but some of the talk has been as if we lost a Brown or Riewoldt. It will just require Bate, Dunn and Hughes to step up.

I think it will be a great game to watch, and it's good to see the Dees getting up their again where they belong. However, the Dogs have had a bit of a bake from the press and the supporters this week, so it should spur them on.

No disrespect to Melbourne, but I think we have a bit more to play for this year, but that team you have assembled is a lock to break your premiership drought over the next five years.:thumbsu:

Agree with this. Should be a great, free flowing attacking game.

Surely the Dogs will be fired up after last week being robbed in the last quarter after leading the majority of the game - they are a top side so I'm sure they will bounce back like one.

Really I'm just hoping/expecting a sustained four quarter effort from us a'la the Brisbane game. Obviously a win would be great, but realistically I just don't think we are in the same league as the Bulldogs yet.

Would be happy to be proved wrong though, and like many others I do feel better about this game than the Kangas game for some strange reason.

Go dees! :)

I completely agree with 'MR.Rude'.

I think we can & will win. I totally see a Melb vs Brisbane match coming up here.

Dogs are quick, so are we. We are a better tackling team than they are, and we have a very strong defence.

Our defence can do a real job on Hall (3 goals) and expect our defensive pressure to be high.

Because it's at the 'G, and we're playing a a more highly fancied Dogs, team, I feel very confident of knocking them off.

Green, Davey, Sylvia, Dunn, Jamar, Hughes & Trengove all to get amongst the goals.

I think this will be a tackle-fest - not so high scoring as people think, and I think we will win by 14 points....14.13 97 to 11.17 83.

We are not a quick team (we only have 4 or 5 quick players) and we are a much better tackling team than you guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we all think is going to happen Friday night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back