They have excellent mentoring available
Players are professional and self motivating
Players have pride and work on improving
Cats game is inclusive very team oriented
No easy games. Opponents always go hard
Pressure to perform is shared not blamed
Basically :-
They are immersed in a successful culture
That’s it they do the right things from an early age, it’s amazing! So selfless and disciplined.

Genuinely a Hawthorn flag is the only way this season feels like a bad one. Even losing a prelim or grand final when we thought we were no chance would be manageable. But those pricks coming through when they were supposed to be bottom 4 would be vomit inducing
At least they are not coached by Clarko

In Australian Rules Football coaching jargon, the term "layers" typically refers to the different levels or stages of defensive or offensive setups and strategies. When coaches talk about "layers," they are often discussing how a team structures its play to manage opponents effectively.

For example, in a defensive context, "layers" might describe how a team sets up its defensive zones or how players are positioned in different lines or tiers (e.g., backline, midfield, forward line) to manage the opposing team's attack. Each layer represents a different level of defensive pressure or support, designed to contain or disrupt the opposition's play at various stages.

Similarly, in an offensive context, "layers" might refer to how a team structures its attacking movements, with different players or units operating at various depths or positions to create opportunities and break down the opponent's defense.

Overall, "layers" is a way of describing the complexity and organization of a team's approach to both offense and defense.

Thanks to Chat GPT
I got very confused when I didnt see your usual poetry. I felt special for a moment.

We seem to have a few of those. The humility given the talent is something that really appeals to me….

In contrast the Hawks boys of the same age…
It sours any praise of Geelong, to need to worry about what Hawthorn are doing by way of comparison the very next sentence. The Hawthorn players could all wear wizards hats and bring broomsticks onto the field for all I care.

Ok what does this mean?
So Option A you pay for international streaming access through the AFLs international streaming platform and it's X amount of dollars.

Or Option B you buy an international membership with a club and it's Y dollar, but comes with access to the AFLs international streaming platform.

The cost of the international membership varies between clubs, but Option B is usually cheaper than Option A and you support a club in the process.

We seem to have a few of those. The humility given the talent is something that really appeals to me….

In contrast the Hawks boys of the same age…
I love the way our boys go about it.

But I like the Hawks players doing their own thing. We need points of difference in the game. Ginnivan can do all the cheeky showboating he wants (just don’t play for frees, that sucks).

However they really should explain to their fans the difference between a witches and wizards hat.

I only ever have problems with the media celebrating players who have been charged with sexual assault etc.

Last edited:
Then in the next segment he goes onto say the Hawks are “clearly” the best team in it 🤷‍♂️
In 2017 after round 6 the Swans were clearly the best team in it statistically. After winning their elimination final by 65 they were raging favourites to win the semi which they lost by 59 points to a team that had lost the qualifier by 51.

Hawks might win, but I wouldn’t write of Port, especially against the Hawks on the skinny Adelaide oval

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok what does this mean?
So Option A you pay for international streaming access through the AFLs international streaming platform and it's X amount of dollars.

Or Option B you buy an international membership with a club and it's Y dollar, but comes with access to the AFLs international streaming platform.

The cost of the international membership varies between clubs, but Option B is usually cheaper than Option A and you support a club in the process.
Yep. All explained here, though they say you can only get monthly ($80) or yearly ($240) subbies;

I love the way our boys go about it.

But I like the Hawks players doing their own thing. We need points of difference in the game. Ginnivan can do all the cheeky showboating he wants (just don’t play for frees, that sucks).

However they really should explain to their fans the difference between a witches and wizards hat.

I only ever have problems with the media celebrating players who have been charged with sexual assault etc.
The celebrations by the Hawks are fine provided they can handle it when things go against them or they lose, as they will be mocked by the crowd and possibly the opposition.

The celebrations by the Hawks are fine provided they can handle it when things go against them or they lose, as they will be mocked by the crowd and possibly the opposition.
Friday night is a must watch, I’m still not sold, maybe it’s my bias/fear and the fact we rolled them easily twice this season. We all know how much difference a great coach makes and Mitchell seems to be the next best after Scott.

Friday night is a must watch, I’m still not sold, maybe it’s my bias/fear and the fact we rolled them easily twice this season. We all know how much difference a great coach makes and Mitchell seems to be the next best after Scott.
I think we're well equipped to stop their style of play (a significant number of players are quick), but other teams aren't.

I'll be watching closely - I think the Hawks can get it done, but will stumble after

In 2017 after round 6 the Swans were clearly the best team in it statistically. After winning their elimination final by 65 they were raging favourites to win the semi which they lost by 59 points to a team that had lost the qualifier by 51.

Hawks might win, but I wouldn’t write of Port, especially against the Hawks on the skinny Adelaide oval
Young teams on the road are always a concern
I could make a case this week but it be very surprised if they could do it twice

I found his response to the question about the move down the highway somewhat unconvincing......there didn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm about it.

Maybe I need to listen to it again.

I think he's very careful when he speaks not to give Collingwood fans/media any ammunition. Listen to the end when he's asked to compare the coaching styles of Scott and McRae and he is so nervous he can barely respond.

I found his response to the question about the move down the highway somewhat unconvincing......there didn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm about it.

Maybe I need to listen to it again.

I'm currently listening to the whole thing, - I feel like there was some nerves with the early questions and once he was a few minutes into the press conference he started to relax which helped with his answers

I also don't think some of those early questions were exactly fair, especially at this time of the season - paraphrasing but "so 2 years ago you left Collingwood for Geelong & they won the flag last year, how does that make you feel?" is a pretty shit set of questions to ask

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back