Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm currently listening to the whole thing, - I feel like there was some nerves with the early questions and once he was a few minutes into the press conference he started to relax which helped with his answers

I also don't think some of those early questions were exactly fair, especially at this time of the season - paraphrasing but "so 2 years ago you left Collingwood for Geelong & they won the flag last year, how does that make you feel?" is a pretty shit set of questions to ask

You have a point.

I was a little bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm about his move to Geelong, and also noted on several occasions he spoke in the third person.....ie Scott coaching 'the Cats' not 'us'.

But yeah, he was very nervous and didn't speak that well as a result tbh.

And I'm probably reading too much into it.

Carry on.

I'm currently listening to the whole thing, - I feel like there was some nerves with the early questions and once he was a few minutes into the press conference he started to relax which helped with his answers

I also don't think some of those early questions were exactly fair, especially at this time of the season - paraphrasing but "so 2 years ago you left Collingwood for Geelong & they won the flag last year, how does that make you feel?" is a pretty shit set of questions to ask
Reminds me of the interview with Holmes after the Port win in which they asked about the 22 GF... Just shitty questions trying to get clickbait headlines

You have a point.

I was a little bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm about his move to Geelong, and also noted on several occasions he spoke in the third person.....ie Scott coaching 'the Cats' not 'us'.

Carry on.

He may just need a bit more media training, and could be that he didn't want to come across as arrogant or having an ego, so he was trying to tread the line with his comments

Some young guys are naturals in front of the camera, and then we've seen other mature players who struggle. I remember an interview with Stewart a few years back & when Joel was captain, Tommy just looked nervous in front of the camera and that that sort of media presence wasn't his thing - it's definitely something he has got better at over the years

And then you have a guy like Dangerfield who just owns the camera whenever he steps in front of it

Is there an actual prelim thread to discuss the prelim? Or is this that thread but just with a terrible title?

If the latter, does anyone know which day/time our game will be on? Is it pretty certain to be saturday night or is there a chance this is saturday twilight or afternoon or friday night?

I want to organise flights and babysitters now as its hard to orgamise only 6 days out.

Is there an actual prelim thread to discuss the prelim? Or is this that thread but just with a terrible title?

If the latter, does anyone know which day/time our game will be on? Is it pretty certain to be saturday night or is there a chance this is saturday twilight or afternoon or friday night?

I want to organise flights and babysitters now as its hard to orgamise only 6 days out.

This is the finals bye week chat thread - hard to have an actual Prelim preview thread until we have confirmation of those details. And is the thread title really that bad?

As for when Prelim details, pretty much the only thing confirmed is that we'll be playing Saturday - this is from the Clubs medical update this week, "The Cats will play either GWS or Brisbane in a Preliminary Final on Saturday 21 September at the MCG."

Speculation is that it'll be twilight due playing an interstate team, but that still likely has some flexibility to start time and could well depend if it's GWS or Brisbane

Looking at the recent Saturday prelim start times when there's interstate involvment (home team first):
  • 2023, Brisbane vs Carlton started at 5:15pm
  • 2022, Sydney vs Collingwood started at 4:45pm
  • 2019, Collingwood vs GWS started at 4:35pm
  • 2017, Richmond vs GWS started at 4:45pm
  • 2014, Hawthorn vs Port started at 4:45pm
  • 2012, Hawthorn vs Adelaide started at 5:15pm
  • 2011, Geelong vs WCE started at 2:20pm

I doubt they go the early start time of 2:20pm, and instead it'll be between 4:35pm & 5:15pm depending on the coin toss

Just wondering out loud.

So.... when people were bitching about our Rnd 24 game against west coast and saying;

'we must bury them'
'who cares if we are 2 down on the bench'
'who cares if we run players into the ground'
'we've got to roll the dice right now'

Are you kind of happy now that the club is smarter than you and didn't bury players on that day?

Just wondering out loud.

So.... when people were bitching about our Rnd 24 game against west coast and saying;

'we must bury them'
'who cares if we are 2 down on the bench'
'who cares if we run players into the ground'
'we've got to roll the dice right now'

Are you kind of happy now that the club is smarter than you and didn't bury players on that day?
I'll let you know after our finals campaign is over 😇

This is the finals bye week chat thread - hard to have an actual Prelim preview thread until we have confirmation of those details. And is the thread title really that bad?

As for when Prelim details, pretty much the only thing confirmed is that we'll be playing Saturday - this is from the Clubs medical update this week, "The Cats will play either GWS or Brisbane in a Preliminary Final on Saturday 21 September at the MCG."

Speculation is that it'll be twilight due playing an interstate team, but that still likely has some flexibility to start time and could well depend if it's GWS or Brisbane

Looking at the recent Saturday prelim start times:
  • 2023, Brisbane vs Carlton started at 5:15pm
  • 2022, Sydney vs Collingwood started at 4:45pm
  • 2019, Collingwood vs GWS started at 4:35pm
  • 2017, Richmond vs GWS started at 4:45pm
  • 2014, Hawthorn vs Port started at 4:45pm
  • 2012, Hawthorn vs Adelaide started at 5:15pm
  • 2011, Geelong vs WCE started at 2:20pm

I doubt they go the early start time of 2:20pm, and instead it'll be between 4:35pm & 5:15pm depending on the coin toss
Thanks for that info. A twilight game does sound likely given we are up against an interstate team.

I want to organise flights and babysitters now as it’s hard to orgamise only 6 days out.
Having a sook over a thread title name in the week off between a QF win and the Prelim when not even the AFL has decided or announced anything.

FFS Seedsy this is a new low even for your standards of sooking.

Run along princess and we’ll call you when the adults have made a decision ..and I’ll do a special Seeds tag just for you.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a sook over a thread title name in the week off between a QF win and the Prelim when not even the AFL has decided or announced anything.

FFS Seedsy this is a new low even for your standards of sooking.

Run along princess and we’ll call you when the adults have made a decision ..and I’ll do a special Seeds tag just for you.

Go Catters
To be fair the AFL announced last week the game will be on Saturday just time not confirmed.

So which team would people prefer to face in the PF/GF? I’m really hoping the lions manage a win, as I reckon we would have them covered. I’ve seen GWS as a major threat all year and not overly confident on that one…. but at least it won’t be at KP. On the other side, I would normally back the losing QF to bounce back, but with Port losing another rebounding defender and butters injury, I don’t know how they can get up. Not that I rate the hawks too highly. Can’t believe everyone jumping on their bandwagon, last night on SEN they were even talking about another dynasty… please. Hope we somehow meet them in the granny… would make it a bit more nerve racking, but a flag would be even sweeter.

Let others take the headlines as we knuckle down for a tough prelim …. Job still to do , so should be a strong week on the track this week . Coaches would need to have a look at both GWS and the lions during the week and share their observations/ plans with the players before they play this weekend just to switch them on. Business as usual .

Based on a few so-so moments and 15 good ones? He played better than he had in a month. In a final.

19 disposals, just 1 turnover, 5 score involvements, 4 intercepts, 4 rebound 50s, 3 inside 50s and 5 tackles isn’t going to get you dropped as a back flanker. It wasn’t as if the forwards he played on had any impact whatsoever either. Was in the top 25% of players on the ground for pressure acts too.
Duncan’s tackles were ferocious. I’ve watched the replay three times + am baffled by the criticism 🤷🏻‍♀️

You have a point.

Carry on.
He's well educated and articulate. What you saw lack of enthusiasm was just him being professional, doesnt want to say anything dumb or controversial.

AFL360 Scott said Duncan will play on.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I think Duncan + club want him to make 300 games. To think he’d only played 29 AFL games when he came on in 2011 GF.

Duncan probably plays 15 games at most next year if he goes on as he slowly transitions out of the best 22/23 and makes way for Knevitt/Clark/Clohesy etc
He’s on 295 games + I believe he’s a team first player + like Hawkins will do the right thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back