Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody concerned about the unprecedented 16 days between games for us? It's an absolute momentum buster, but maybe "any place, any time, any opposition" suits us this year

Humphries is an amazing guy. Speaks eloquently + from the heart, he’s straight forward, diplomatic, love his humour. He’s wise, focuses on the controllable + passionate. Very fortunate to have him + he obviously loves being at Geelong.

Kind of baffled about discussion relating to trading him for Harley Reid, ‘if he wants to return to WA’. I reckon, like Stengle he’s a keeper + we ensure he stays.

Anybody concerned about the unprecedented 16 days between games for us? It's an absolute momentum buster, but maybe "any place, any time, any opposition" suits us this year

Not if we come out next week like we did last week

2008 PTSD vibes here..
Feeling the same + with skin crawling
Genuinely a Hawthorn flag is the only way this season feels like a bad one. Even losing a prelim or grand final when we thought we were no chance would be manageable. But those pricks coming through when they were supposed to be bottom 4 would be vomit inducing.
^^^THIS
Was so enjoying the Schadenfreude earlier when they were bottom + Geelong was on top 🤭🤭🤭
Only one way to conquer those..
Hope Port + Poos+Wees belt one another, beyond exhaustion?

Or if we play Poos+Wees in GF, absolutely destroy them?

Feeling the same + with skin crawling

^^^THIS
Was so enjoying the Schadenfreude earlier when they were bottom + Geelong was on top 🤭🤭🤭

Hope Port + Poos+Wees belt one another, beyond exhaustion?

Or if we play Poos+Wees in GF, absolutely destroy them?

The stains are out of the race.

I feel with this team we should be right, helps the older bodies recover and we have the experience of it working in 2022, albeit slightly shorter rest.

It is weird scheduling by the AFL though, never been this long a break between games before.

Last edited:
Happy The stains are out of the race.

YAY!!!

Everybody Wants To Be A Cat Happy Dance GIF

Waking up with the realisation that all is as it should be in the universe is so satisfying.
Very satisfying 😻

Plus the delicious wickedness of the Schadenfreude again 🤭

I feel with this team we should be right, helps the older bodies recover and we have the experience of it working in 2022, albeit slightly shorter rest.

It is weird scheduling by the AFL though, never been this long a break between games before.

It's 1 day longer than Collingwood had last year - they played there Thursday night QF, defeated Melbourne and as the #1 ranked team their Prelim was the Friday night

Just got to come out switched on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'd find anything to be concerned about or would look at in a negative light.

In that respect my mood is unchanged.

But no, it will not make a difference.

He’s on 295 games + I believe he’s a team first player + like Hawkins will do the right thing.
He has another year left in him I think.

Generally speaking, Geelong have shown a preference to release players from the first team at a steady but reasonably consistent rate.

We looked like we benefited from the break in 22.

Let's hope history repeats.
What we really benefited from that year, was Brisbane playing out of their skins two weeks in a row to knock off the previous two premiers, and Sydney taking care of Collingwood, before both sides rolled over for us to give them a tickle.

No doubt we were the best team in it that year, but it helped that the cards fell our way for once that September.

Humphries is an amazing guy. Speaks eloquently + from the heart, he’s straight forward, diplomatic, love his humour. He’s wise, focuses on the controllable + passionate. Very fortunate to have him + he obviously loves being at Geelong.

Kind of baffled about discussion relating to trading him for Harley Reid, ‘if he wants to return to WA’. I reckon, like Stengle he’s a keeper + we ensure he stays.
Someone obviously put up Humphries because its going to take a lot to get Reid.
i.e. 1.6 mil per year. And a stack of draft picks.

I think you'd find anything to be concerned about or would look at in a negative light.

I balanced it with the alternative pov, but you ONLY take the negative slant of my post, such is your wont

Just got to come out switched on
Yes, that's the main point and challenge. In these circumstances, the risk is of not having the momentum/being switched on enough early. But if you are in the game for the first half or so, then the benefits to the team with the week off become more pronounced in terms of being able to run it out. The side that has played the extra game and done more travel should be feeling the effects of that in the late stages.

It's a concern that our worst performance this year was after the bye.

Years ago maybe when the bye was our Achilles heel, we went alright off a 12 day break in Adelaide, our mix of young and old will be cherry ripe for the break. Q1 will be a watch as always, Swans final at the G still gives me nightmares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back