Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

But GWS are already in the GF aren’t they? 🙄
Or maybe not! Seriously if the experts were held accountable like they want the players to be nobody would keep their job.

I would think most experts are 1 or 2 from 6 games this finals. Nearly everyone picked gws and hawks not just this week but to win premiership.

Embarrassing

Anybody concerned about the unprecedented 16 days between games for us? It's an absolute momentum buster, but maybe "any place, any time, any opposition" suits us this year
Not really. I think clubs as a whole have become much more adept at managing shorter/longer breaks between games thanks to covid. We should be cherry ripe come prelim day.

Stewart in for Mullin. (Apologies Munich )
I COULD see SDK for Tuohy as a possible match up move, however I'm not confident.
Blicavs to stay mostly back on Daniher, anyone on Hipwood, he's as soft as 1 ply toilet paper. Bews to Cameron.
Match them through the middle and we'll comfortably kick enough of a score to win.
Neale under an injury cloud will be interesting, likewise what we do about Ashcroft, was 1 of 3 players I thought turned that game for them last night, gotta have some sort of plan to stem his influence.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I picked earlier in the week a Cats…Port GF…partly tongue in cheek (I did seriously pick Port and Brisbane though)…

I would not be surprised at all if it now happens!

Nah syd will smash port.
Geel vs syd i reckon.

As i said earlier in the year i dont think we are flag worthy but the comp is very weak and therefore we could win it.
Its fallen our way as we matchup really well on brisbane and their mcg record is crap
Then an interstate team in the GF
Now we are here we just must win the flag as we will never get a more straightforward path to one in the next 10 years.

Plus for some of the oldies who are retiring in a couple of weeks plus danger this is probably their last chance to win a flag.
So lets get it done.

Yes, that's the main point and challenge. In these circumstances, the risk is of not having the momentum/being switched on enough early. But if you are in the game for the first half or so, then the benefits to the team with the week off become more pronounced in terms of being able to run it out. The side that has played the extra game and done more travel should be feeling the effects of that in the late stages.

It's a concern that our worst performance this year was after the bye.
But our best performance this year was also after a bye - the QF.

SDK and Stewart in Mullin and Bews out.
Neither Mullin or Bews played earlier in the year on a wet night in our win v Lions where our backline kept Charlie and Joe goal less even after Stewart went off at halftime with concussion.
Bews will stay in for Cameron.

SDK and Stewart in Mullin and Bews out.
Neither Mullin or Bews played earlier in the year on a wet night in our win v Lions where our backline kept Charlie and Joe goal less even after Stewart went off at halftime with concussion.

They will think about bews as hes done well on cameron previously (but honestly kolo or zuthrie could take him if sdk gets hipwood). But yes those probably are the changes. The other option would be tuohy out (harsh at it may be) and bews or duncan to sub.

Cats would NEVER say it but I am sure that secretly playing Brisbane is preferred. In the end that doesn’t matter as we need to turn up to beat either but I just feel we match up well against them on the MCG. We need to bring the pressure like GWS did in the first half - and sustain it

We just need to not get jumped at the start. If we are ahead at half time they wont overrun us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back