What do you do to get you through this year

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually more productive at work as I spend much less time reading footy news on the net. It's amazing how much less enjoyable the whole season is when we aren't winning.

I've taken up marathon running which is proving quite relaxing.

Plus the mighty Falcons are going well in the WAFL.

Enjoying watching the young kids have a crack knowing that the club has some off-season moves cooked up..

Enjoying watching the young kids have a crack knowing that the club has some off-season moves cooked up..

Do they though? I'm worried about our ability to pull them off personally :/

What's the quality like on that app? Can you chromecast it to the tv?
I found the quality through Chromecast wasn't as good as it is through appletv, which is very watchable.
Prob a fraction under SD.
No need to make a deposit or even put credit card details in..

I'm not mentally weak - so it's no problem carrying on with life even knowing that one of my life investments (FFC) isn't doing so well. Thinking about the positives out of this year and looking forward to next year will make this year fly by. At the end of the day we'll be in the same boat as 16 other teams this year who don't win the premiership in 2016 and everything resets week after the GF. We'll all be happy, calm and collective come the off, draft and trade season. Not long left boys.

Freo are shit. Everton were shit last season. East Freo are doing okay. The western force are still shit. Tranmere are still non-league. The premier league is over. Don't care about the euros. And I'll be in Thailand for when we play Brisbane so won't even be in the country when we win our second of two wins for the year

Plus someone mentioned on the radio that the afl wants to introduce a draft system where a teams average finish is looked at over a few seasons rather than the single season to determine draft picks so I've had it up to here with the afl screwing us over (basically if you bottom out, your position over the previous couple seasons will determine your draft order or something)

Watching Wimbledon AFC play off for promotion at the moment, the opening of the 16/17 season could help take care of the last 3 or 4 rounds here. The finals I can always enjoy but I'm guessing long before round 20 or so I might be ready for Freo's season to be over.

Avoiding social media.
Avoiding news websites.
Avoiding sports radio stations.
Smashing through quite a few TV series.
House is cleaner, garden is neater, and apparently my friends and family don't disappear between March and September, who knew.
Taking joy out of teams I don't like losing, which is sad and embarrassing but I no longer care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What gets me through this year- looking for this small wins.

Remembering that we were going to drop off at some point in the next couple years.

It's happening sooner than we thought for various reasons? Oh-well, that will put our rebuild ahead of schedule.

It's happening deeper than we thought for various reasons? Oh-well we get a better draft pick.

As much as I would want to see us winning, I now think the way this is panning out couldn't of happened any better. Ross is locked in for 5 years, this is probably why we extended the contract, knowing that we were going to have to go through a rebuild year or two and now everyone knows where they stand (as opposed to a shit year/or two at the end of a contract). This collapse happening this year gives Ross a bit of extra time to show the results.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you do to get you through this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back