What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to win 2 of the Sydney, Suns, Giants, Collingwood and Essendon games and win the rest to make the 8, 3 to finish 5th, 4-5 to make the top 4

5th almost preferred to 4th to avoid playing Sydney before the GF
I would back us in against Sydney in Sydney.
Rather that to a Semi against Carlton or Collingwood at the G.

Really? I think we’ll struggle against Sydney while we shouldn’t be scared of the G

Play Sydney in the Gf and hope their lack of experience shows like ours did last year
Personally I think the smaller grounds like the Gabba and Sydney we would be more likely to hold up their run imo.

I think we need to win 2 of the Sydney, Suns, Giants, Collingwood and Essendon games and win the rest to make the 8, 3 to finish 5th, 4-5 to make the top 4

5th almost preferred to 4th to avoid playing Sydney before the GF
Would much rather play a home Semi Final than than a home Elimination Final, regardless of the opponent(s). A home Elimination Final consigns us to 3 consecutive weeks of travel, including potentially Sydney in Sydney anyway.

Playing them in an away Qualifying Final has the potential to be a blessing in disguise. It would mean we would have played them twice in basically a month, both home and away, giving us an ideal preparation for meeting them again in a Grand Final, even if we had to do it the hard way.

We want Sydney and Carlton to keep winning. And all the rest to begin losing.

Both play, I think, 5 teams relevant to us between now and end of the season.

TBH if we did finish 5th or 6th and Bombers finished top 4 and you get Bombers week 2 of finals...I mean...not the worst outcome.

Essendon has a pretty interesting fixture from here on out. We will really get a sense as to whether they're good enough. Our rd 24 match against them could actually be meaningful for both teams.

Would much rather play a home Semi Final than than a home Elimination Final, regardless of the opponent(s). A home Elimination Final consigns us to 3 consecutive weeks of travel, including potentially Sydney in Sydney anyway.

Playing them in an away Qualifying Final has the potential to be a blessing in disguise. It would mean we would have played them twice in basically a month, both home and away, giving us an ideal preparation for meeting them again in a Grand Final, even if we had to do it the hard way.

I just can’t see us finishing higher than 4th or Sydney finishing lower than first or us beating Sydney at the SCG. 5th will allow us to avoid them until the GF which levels the playing field to some extent and will see us with the experience advantage

Of course if we do finish 4th we’ve probably shown the H&A season form that we can challenge them wherever.

Unlike last year we’re probably not getting an ‘easy’ prelim final but who knows maybe that’ll be a good thing

Absolutely; get into top four and who knows, if we were to win, that then means a home PF and then a win there gets us back to the big dance at the G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back