What happens in Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like there’s some truth to the end of season trip causing issues with certain players personal lives. Daly says it’s not causing a rift in the playing group or responsible for our poor form. And it seems unlikely we’ll get more details but a lot of the detail we’ve heard through the media already is made up

Sounds like there’s some truth to the end of season trip causing issues with certain players personal lives. Daly says it’s not causing a rift in the playing group or responsible for our poor form. And it seems unlikely we’ll get more details but a lot of the detail we’ve heard through the media already is made up

Can't believe that the headline still incorrectly refers to it as a 'scandalous vegas trip' when no one went to Vegas.

Poor Danny having to get up and defend the club from this BS. Love him.

What’s great is that aside from two reporters in McClure and Lansberger (or whatever his name is) there seems to be less than zero appetite in the AFL community for these types of stories. If people care about the personal lives of players then they need to reflect on why that might be as it’s abnormal.

Poor Danny having to get up and defend the club from this BS. Love him.

What’s great is that aside from two reporters in McClure and Lansberger (or whatever his name is) there seems to be less than zero appetite in the AFL community for these types of stories. If people care about the personal lives of players then they need to reflect on why that might be as it’s abnormal.
For once, the footy media being made up of predominantly ex-players works to advantage. The old adage of "what happens on tour.." still holds strong and quite a few of them would be happy social media wasn't a thing in their day.

In light of the Hawks review, the club will be very, very careful about addressing not 'work' related issues. Like players relationships. And what they do in their out of work hours ie on a private trip.

Last edited:
If we close ranks and everyone shuts up and we win a game it'll die a natural death.
Exactly! I can understand frustration at the club, but talk of boycotts etc is blowing this up and prolonging the narrative.
If they want to turn the season around, the last thing they need is to be buying into distractions.

Exactly! I can understand frustration at the club, but talk of boycotts etc is blowing this up and prolonging the narrative.
If they want to turn the season around, the last thing they need is to be buying into distractions.
Is there actually any evidence regarding a proposed media boycott by the Lions or is it just another load of journalist bullshite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling this isn't going away any time soon... they'll just keeping digging unfortunately.

How’s this quote from the article

Daily Mail Australia does not suggest that Giles or Reid were involved in any misbehaviour on the trip.

So in other words Daily Mail suggests the Lions players were involved in misbehaviour on the trip therefore tarring every single player on the trip. Gutter journalism is putting it mildly.

No doubt that article tells us nothing new and verges on libellous trash.

The whole idea is just to keeping it popping up in peoples news feeds... the bigger question is why?

I haven't seen such bad libel since BRAB sued Elixuh for calling Nerang trashy.

I haven't seen such bad libel since BRAB sued Elixuh for calling Nerang trashy.

BRAB asked for an award of 300m of copper wire cables, but I got him with truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back