What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going to leave this here.
Nice self-promotion! :D

There were quite a few supporters ready to write off the season early doors. Who know who you are!

There were quite a few supporters ready to write off the season early doors. Who know who you are!
In fairness I was feeling a little less optimistic after the Hawks loss.

Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. We will still need a lot to go right to win it this year.

I like how we are winning 'ugly' this year. It reminds me of how a recent premiership team did it during their season.

I left for Europe just after we lost that match and will return just before our round 22 match v the Giants.

My lions-supporting mate has requested that I never come back to Aus

Having to listen to our games abroad has brought back memories of supporting the club as a Vic-based fan without Foxtel in the early 2000s.

I'm with your mate. Maybe we need to crowd fund a holiday extension for you.

I just think there’s too much talent on the ACL bench this year …. Perhaps the real loss is Coleman and the rest are covered well.
Dayne Zorko has "replaced" Kiddy Coleman more than adequately IMO, his kicking out of the back has been at an elite level, could not imagine Kiddy doing much better.

If anything the loss of Gardiner/Doedee who at least have an ability to play on taller players could really hurt us if we lose Harris or Joyce now on top of Payne.

Dayne Zorko has "replaced" Kiddy Coleman more than adequately IMO, his kicking out of the back has been at an elite level, could not imagine Kiddy doing much better.

If anything the loss of Gardiner/Doedee who at least have an ability to play on taller players could really hurt us if we lose Harris or Joyce now on top of Payne.

Doedee even if he can't take the big talls would at least be able to drop off his opponent and support someone like Joyce. Something Lester hasn't been doing this season

Doedee even if he can't take the big talls would at least be able to drop off his opponent and support someone like Joyce. Something Lester hasn't been doing this season
Doedee plays taller than his height suggests as well.

(Though it'll have to wait until he's back to see if that ability has persisted through his knees - a big part was him being springier for his size.)

I don't want to name names.

BRAB
they-named-names-v0-7jfh0258bu4b1.jpg

Blow the bloody siren and FF to end of Round 24

View attachment 2054627
Percentage is absolutely on the table again. Currently our lead over Freo is the equivalent of about 6 goals. Spread over the 10 games (combined) both teams have remaining, it's bugger all.

Whether it determines 3rd/4th or 5th/6th is probably neither here nor there. However if it determines 2nd/3rd or 4th/5th it could have a massive bearing on the outcome of our season.

A premiership could be decided on the back of an ill-timed trip to Perth. So the manner of our performances is going to become just as important as the win or loss column.

Can we show the necessary resilience to battle on in the face of near certain defeat? Can we put the foot to the floor if we're good enough to have an opponent well beaten at 3 quarter time?

The answers to these questions may influence our September fate nearly as much as "can we get the 4 points?" over the next 5 weeks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percentage is absolutely on the table again. Currently our lead over Freo is the equivalent of about 6 goals. Spread over the 10 games (combined) both teams have remaining, it's bugger all.

Whether it determines 3rd/4th or 5th/6th is probably neither here nor there. However if it determines 2nd/3rd or 4th/5th it could have a massive bearing on the outcome of our season.

A premiership could be decided on the back of an ill-timed trip to Perth. So the manner of our performances is going to become just as important as the win or loss column.

Can we show the necessary resilience to battle on in the face of near certain defeat? Can we put the foot to the floor if we're good enough to have an opponent well beaten at 3 quarter time?

The answers to these questions may influence our September fate nearly as much as "can we get the 4 points?" over the next 5 weeks .

Freo probably have almost as tough a draw as us especially if west Coast comes to play. A lot depends on the games this weekend I think

I think the ACLs themselves we have covered okay.

Zorko for Kiddy - zorks didn't really have another spot so no loss, and doing a great job
Lester for Gardiner - not losing much there
Lohman for Linc - love linc and he is such a good set shot, but lohman's rise has been timely
Doedee - was never in the team so hard to miss per se, although would be great atm!

The thing it means is we have very little margin for error in terms of margin for error ON TOP of the ACLs.

It's positional in terms of key defenders - if you count Lester and Gardiner we have 6 and need to play 3 every week, but we only have 4 available for the rest of the year.

And it is also just a test of your depth. Having 4 best 23 players out to start with means if you have 4 more unavailable you are pushing deep in to your depth. Whereas another side with 4 injuries and no ACLs has no such issue.

We have really benefited from mature agers in Brain and Reville being able to have an immediate impact. If they were 18yo would not be getting what we do from them. And also the benefit of being able to hang on to Lohman. Been crucial in a few games.

Morris has also been a bonus although the jury is out on what he will be able to do for the rest of the year as a young fella

If we are doing self-promotion, I'll just leave this here (posted after we beat you in round 3).

You will finish the season with 15 or 16 wins. Should be enough for top 4.
Might have slightly underestimated you, actually.

And no, I won't tell you where I said my team would finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back