What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can't finally beat those geriatrics in a final regardless of the venue. Are we really capable of winning the flag this year?

I see them as the perfect matchup for our team and style. Would also be great to get an extra game at the G before the GF if we're good enough to make it.

I see them as the perfect matchup for our team and style. Would also be great to get an extra game at the G before the GF if we're good enough to make it.
Next week against Collingwood would be a good indicator of how we are at the G, we played well and beat Melbourne there earlier in the season but I don't consider Melbourne this year to be a big scalp.

If we can't finally beat those geriatrics in a final regardless of the venue. Are we really capable of winning the flag this year?
Yes . Absolutely capable. But a lot needs to go right.

The thing I didn't like about yesterday was not just losing to GWS. It was that for whatever reason the manner in which they ran right over the top of us will be a tremendous boost to their confidence with good players to come back in. They're also in the window and unlucky not to get there last year so whilst we can obviously beat them I don't think there's a lot in it.

Yes . Absolutely capable. But a lot needs to go right.

The thing I didn't like about yesterday was not just losing to GWS. It was that for whatever reason the manner in which they ran right over the top of us will be a tremendous boost to their confidence with good players to come back in. They're also in the window and unlucky not to get there last year so whilst we can obviously beat them I don't think there's a lot in it.
The last quarter reminded me of the Collingwood game earlier in the season. We wasted our shots, they capitalised on theirs. Once scores were level it looked like the boys just gave up and accepted we'd be rolled over which was more disappointing than our set shots. Wonder if Morris kicked that goal whether we would of lifted and gone on to win the game.

The last quarter reminded me of the Collingwood game earlier in the season. We wasted our shots, they capitalised on theirs. Once scores were level it looked like the boys just gave up and accepted we'd be rolled over which was more disappointing than our set shots. Wonder if Morris kicked that goal whether we would of lifted and gone on to win the game.
We never gave up imo. We just didn't have the legs. Had we been the 3 or 4 in front that we should've it's easier to find something extra or at least control things a little more.

McCrae said something interesting in his presser Friday night in that this season it's been very difficult to lead all day and maintain it through the last quarter and it was something they would look at.

No; but then again, had we been professional yesterday and did what we should have at home unlike what Geelong and Port did away then all this could have been avoided. Awesome though, one less game at the Gabba.

No; but then again, had we been professional yesterday and did what we should have at home unlike what Geelong and Port did away then all this could have been avoided. Awesome though, one less game at the Gabba.
The Gabba has been our cryptonite this year so, it’s all good.

Did my latest ladder predictor, have us losing 2 games on the run home finishing 5th and playing the Magpies in an Elimination Final at the Gabba.

If we were to lose only 1 game we finish 4th and an away Qualifying final v the Swans.

Tigers get a well earned wooden spoon.
IF we finish 5th and Hawthorne 8th its all over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the biggest question mark is now Payne. Can we get him back and in decent form for when we come up against a strong forwardline in finals like Carlton or the Bulldogs? Or can Joyce step up?
I think the Giants game made it clear we need Payne back badly.

Mainly about Carlton but……..

“Remarkably, the Brisbane Lions have been able to contend for a top-four spot despite being ranked third last on the injury ladder, losing 114 games to injury.”

This ladder refers to injuries to top 22 players. We are still a live chance but even if we don’t have a great finals campaign, I don’t think we should complain that much about our return from the club, the coaching staff and the players.

I guess the additional contributions from Lohmann and Morris are part of the reason we have maintained the standard despite the injury set backs.

“Remarkably, the Brisbane Lions have been able to contend for a top-four spot despite being ranked third last on the injury ladder, losing 114 games to injury.”

This ladder refers to injuries to top 22 players. We are still a live chance but even if we don’t have a great finals campaign, I don’t think we should complain that much about our return from the club, the coaching staff and the players.

I guess the additional contributions from Lohmann and Morris are part of the reason we have maintained the standard despite the injury set backs.

It's also a weird season with no dominant teams and massive changes in form which has probably helped things

Benefited from teams like Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon spudding it up the last couple of months

I wonder if they are counting both Doedee and Gardiner as best 22?
I would only consider one of them best 22 as a defender.
The Gardiner forward experiment was close to ending imo.

I wonder if they are counting both Doedee and Gardiner as best 22?
I would only consider one of them best 22 as a defender.
The Gardiner forward experiment was close to ending imo.
I wouldn't think Doedee since he hasn't played a game for us yet. Regardless of his reputation and playing ability at Adelaide he hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself with us due to injury.

I wondered this myself. No defination of “best 22 players” in the article.
Looking through the injury updates this season, I think it applies to every player who would've played had they not been injured. Which means our list includes [numbers are slightly off here]: Kiddy [20], Doedee [21], Linc/Dizzy [13 x2], Ashcroft [14], Payne [7], McKenna [5], Bailey [5], Starc [5], Bruce [2], Hippy [2], Joyce [2], Big O [1], Ah Chee [1], Answeth [1], Andrews [1].

The reason for the big gap between our best 22 and total games missed includes AFL listed VFL players - including Michael, Dev Rob, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back