What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Barring a cats loss to the west coast, top 4 is gone. From this point I just want a home final win from 5th/6th and anything else is a bonus.
Making a prelim would be great.

We had our chance to really contend and get 2 home finals the last 2 weeks and blew it.

No excuses ,it was there for us and for whatever reason we lost.

So now win next week and just focus on the first final.

Making a prelim would be great.

We had our chance to really contend and get 2 home finals the last 2 weeks and blew it.

No excuses ,it was there for us and for whatever reason we lost.

So now win next week and just focus on the first final.

Losing to GWS due to poor accuracy and the pies by a point at the MCG is annoying but understandable. The start of the season is what has killed is, as well as losing 4 home games.

It's going to be hard to get hyped for the Essendon game but I'd like us to put on a show for our home supporters for once this year (other than the Richmond game) and make a statement to put an explanation mark on the end of our season and take something positive into finals. It won't be good enough to barely hold on by less than 2 goals or worse lose.

It's going to be hard to get hyped for the Essendon game but I'd like us to put on a show for our home supporters for once this year (other than the Richmond game) and make a statement to put an explanation mark on the end of our season and take something positive into finals. It won't be good enough to barely hold on by less than 2 goals or worse lose.

Yeah they're on a hiding to nothing really

I’m wondering whether our boys might be a bit in getting ready for finals mode and that’s taken away 1 or 2% from our performances. I guess we’ll know in three weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Failure" clearly being the operative word - something the entire footy world can see except those with rose coloured glasses. I suspect, those same coloured glasses are worn within the club too.

No one to blame but ourselves and blaming injuries is just too easy given it didn't cost us winning 9 straight.

I always wondered about that truth telling exercise after the GF , which several players have mentioned ,where the mistakes they made in key moments were honestly assessed in front of each other and they all took 'learnings' out of that. It sounds fine but some players could find that mentally damaging whatever others say publicly.

Too much closeness and honesty isn't always a good thing with young men. It was a GF . They'll all know what they did wrong ,they're not 12. You can't see any discernable calmness in key moments since and we started the season like we were mentally done.

That's just my uninformed observation. Could be wrong.

I always wondered about that truth telling exercise after the GF , which several players have mentioned ,where the mistakes they made in key moments were honestly assessed in front of each other and they all took 'learnings' out of that. It sounds fine but some players could find that mentally damaging whatever others say publicly.

Too much closeness and honesty isn't always a good thing with young men. It was a GF . They'll all know what they did wrong ,they're not 12. You can't see any discernable calmness in key moments since and we started the season like we were mentally done.

That's just my uninformed observation. Could be wrong.
I had honestly expected a more ruthless season if I'm honest.

I'd have thought after that GF loss, that there would've been this one tracked focus of doing everything possible to right the wrong. Unfortunately, we just haven't seen that otherwise the round 1 capitulation doesn't happen, we certainly don't lose to Collingwood at home early in the season, we don't lose again to Hawthorn pre-bye (which I highlighted before that game that we'd lost 9 away games pre-bye - so again losing to what you know) and then again choking against GWS and Collingwood.

There isn't that focus with the group. Six failed years and yet you hear what amazing leadership we have and how great it was Lachie and Harris pulled them in a huddle after that Pies loss. Like we haven't seen that before with the same results.

I just don't think the players care enough or are all too selfish. We may have a team of champions but we've never looked a champion team that always has each others back because if we did what I said above doesn't continuously happen.

Ok so lions probably won't make top 4 because we ain't beating cats sorry.

But finishing 5th is a home final and win that who knows, you might get a gettable, nervous QF loser in week 2.

Not ideal but not over

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok so lions probably won't make top 4 because we ain't beating cats sorry.

But finishing 5th is a home final and win that who knows, you might get a gettable, nervous QF loser in week 2.

Not ideal but not over

Didn't watch the game, but couldn't believe West Coast didn't put up more than what it did. Pies and Dockers fans must be hating on the Eagles. I hate giving full credit Carlton, but what a backs to the wall win. We would deadset wilt if we had those sorts of injuries and we clearly don't have the back bone Carlton obviously has with a win like that.

I still want a flag. Beat Essendon and lock in 5th will give us a red hot crack. Most years, you'd probably feel finishing outside of the top 4 is too big a disadvantage. This year - coupled with the pre finals bye - I think winning four in a row is very achievable. Our away form has been better than home from too which helps.

Just got to refocus, get our connection and goal kicking right and bring our best form for a month. Our best is still the best imo.

Didn't watch the game, but couldn't believe West Coast didn't put up more than what it did. Pies and Dockers fans must be hating on the Eagles. I hate giving full credit Carlton, but what a backs to the wall win. We would deadset wilt if we had those sorts of injuries and we clearly don't have the back bone Carlton obviously has with a win like that.
Didn't see it but I'm assuming we were worse than Carlton were good but yeah it was a good win for them.

They still have a good midfield and that's one main area we are killed in

I still want a flag. Beat Essendon and lock in 5th will give us a red hot crack. Most years, you'd probably feel finishing outside of the top 4 is too big a disadvantage. This year - coupled with the pre finals bye - I think winning four in a row is very achievable. Our away form has been better than home from too which helps.

Just got to refocus, get our connection and goal kicking right and bring our best form for a month. Our best is still the best imo.
I think that's possible but to do it 4 times in a row against 4 other good teams who'll be just as desperate as us is a bridge too far imo.

So possible but everything has to go right.

Just the same where there's a chance there's hope.

Our win against the GC with how many injuries earlier in the year not count?

Our win against the GC with how many injuries earlier in the year not count?
Nothing counts unless it furthers the narrative.

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you want out of season 24?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back